Show Your Battroids! Quick Pics of Vf-1S Hikaru

JLYC

Not yet finished the touch-ups of this battroid, nor the hands or gun. It's now holding the gun from a 1/60 that's why it's so out of proportion. I didn't do a very good job with this model, mostly due to the fact that I had to paint all white by hand and had to do many layers, thus ruining the panel lines. I'm getting a spray can for my next one!!

Sadly, about a minute after I took these pics, the battroid fell of the shelf and one of its arms broke. The joints on these Hasegawa kits is really quite weak (and the soft plastic doesn't help). I think it fell because the feet are very loose and it just lost balance. The kit is also very, very light and I had to use putty to glue in some washers in the leg to give it more gravity. It's too bad because since it's such a botched job I was thinking of using it as a toy, but I guess I have to handle it with kids' gloves from now on.

Any tricks for reinforcing joints? I managed to extract the pin from the rubber socket and I'm just gonna glue to back with super glue and maybe use some putty. I know that epoxy or something else might be better but I hv limited resources. At least it didn't shatter to pieces otherwise I'd probably be crying now...haha... :rolleyes:

macross_battroid_003.jpg

macross_battroid_004.jpg

Edited by JLYC

That's one big gun! Try pinning the joint with a metal rod like with a sewing pin.

Hey you need to resize that pic though.

Delete and resize it in MS photo editor.

Edited by Grayson72