New artbook(s)?

Adventure

Not sure what this is, but take a look:

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/info/info.php

This is the translated text from the page (from excite.co.jp):

If the two major heroines of MACROSS competed live exceeding space-time, this "live OBU REJIENDO (all two-volume composition)" was edited on the theme of ... Mr. Miki book Haruhiko draws, a taking-down illustration is used for a package, and it has become the contents which can enjoy her virtually in the figure skating which 3D-ized the illustration, and the book by the pamphlet cut of the live hall distribution!

Note that the translator actually recognized Macross as a word! (no kidding coz otherwise the word would probably be translated to ma-ku-ro-su).

Looks interesting, but I would like more info about it... 3D images???

These are probably the Macross Toybooks, that were announced on the Macross Compendium updates of 2004 March 2 - 2004 May 26.

The Compendium has the following information: -

Macross Toybook*

*Tentative title

マクロス トイブック(仮)

Booklet with pre-painted vinyl figure

Toybook Collection Series

Volume Character

1 Lynn Minmay

2 Mylene Jenius

Seika

2004 August (planned)

Y1200 each (tax included)

These books are to be published by Seika, who interestingly are the same company that made the Macross pencil sharperners a while ago.

Note, that each of the two books is supposed to come with a pre-painted figure of Minmay and Mylene.

Graham

When will the real title be announced? Keep us updated. I'm ready to preorder from kinokuniya if i know what the title is.

According to the link in the first post, they're called "Live of Legend" (or "Raibu*Obu*Rejendo" in katakana), with "Lynn Minmei" and "Mylenne Jenius" as their respective subtitles.

Whoa. Is it just me or does that look like Minmay from Flashback 2012. I'm definitely gonna pick these little beauties up. B))

Pretty good price too. I also guess I'll wait for some colored pics to show up.

Preorder this item by Aug. 11 to get it for 5% off the regular price of 1,714 yen! (at HLJ.com)

post-2-1091597668.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

Yeah I definitely needed some pictures first before I order anything :-)

Anyways, in case no picture 'surface', those who ordered please post pics when you receive them :)

Sure...by then hopefully its not gone and DISCONTINUED in HLJ. Heheh. ;)

Argh, my creditcard!

I've ordered both the Minmay and Mylene books at Jungle instead of HLJ for a change. This shop has more options like insureance and 'Gift' service. I gladly pay a little bit more for more reassurance B))

yeah, I don't remember minmay's hair being pink and mylene looks like one of those monkey's from planet of the apes! :p:D:lol:

I'm still picking these up though!!!

Edited by BoBe-Patt

HLJ now has photos of both figures up at their site! Here it is, the Minmay colors look a bit off though.

MyleneMinmay.jpg

ooo, really nice!

The figurines don't look too bad, but I think I'll pass.

I wonder if these are pre-painted or whether you can paint it yourself.

Still looking for a high-quality version of the classic figurine of Minmay when she is singing DYRL...

The figurine looks like it's from Flashback 2010.

Minmay has no bust on that figure <_<

Mylene face don't look right.

Not bad, but no.

• 2 weeks later...
Where's Mylene? I wanna see the Mylene figure.

there are pix of it on the first page and there's a picture of it in pieces a few posts up. :p:D:lol:

Nah...not in decapitated mode and i want another pic which isn't HLJ. :rolleyes:

I got them both now, ordered at Jungle-scs.co.jp. The only downside is that Minmay's face is too light; the paint of the eyes and mouth are like pastel paintings, too soft and almost no color. The Mylene is not that bad, the 'monkey'-ish features does not stand out too much. :)

If only I had a CMS Mylene to compare it... :rolleyes: