My absolutely perfect day !

First off I don't know in what topic category this should fall into, hell I don't even know if it's proper to post such things but I'll do it anyway as this is one of these days when you feel totaly satisfied with life and it's simple pleasures.

First, this morning I took a drive to the barber shop right after my wife and kids left to the summer house up north. I was enjoying a perfect road with no traffic whatsoever, driving my spanking new Honda Element (perfect variable SUV). Came back home with a fresh new haircut and spent almost 8 hours just laying in the sun (39%, not a cloud in the sky) reading through my whole collection of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby Magazines.

I spent also almost 4 hours uninterrupted in the pool with my whole lineup of 1/48's sitting in front of me on the walkway, transforming the hell out of them while sipping mojitos and smoking a huge cuban Montecristo Habana genuine cigar.

When 6:00 PM hit me, I went and cooked myself the thickest T-Bone steak I had seen in my life, that marinated in Worchestershire sauce all day. After covering the carnivore's dream with Montreal steak spices and mixing a perfect ceasar salad, I opened up a bootle of Campofiorino Massi red wine. I chowed down the whole thing and I am now heading out to watch Macross Plus' 4 episodes without beeing interupted by my wifes requests, my baby's needs or my oldest's cravings for attention.

I pinched myself a couple of times today to see if I was dreaming or if I was in fact enjoing these simple pleasures and the conclusion: it was (and still is) a perfect day.

After watching M+, I am heading straight to Baskin Robbins to get a mega 2 scoops ice cream cone and then I'll head straight to bed.

BLISSS....

Signing off.

You'll just have to ignore the muttered groans and muffled threats from the rest of slaving away at hot places of work, drinking nothing but 2-cent coffee or barely-filtered water.

I was gonna mention that.... but my place of work has AC... and wonderful coffee and water, though I never touch either. :p

I like my job, I just gotta do MW Solid Snake style. :)

You got a summer house Monty? How come you haven't had any MWCONs there with beer etc? :)

You'll just have to ignore the muttered groans and muffled threats from the rest of slaving away at hot places of work, drinking nothing but 2-cent coffee or barely-filtered water.

I was gonna mention that.... but my place of work has AC... and wonderful coffee and water, though I never touch either. :p

Bah! I work in a hot, sweaty, grimey factory with none of those amenities. I hate you all :p

STOP talking about steak!!! Now I'm trying not to drown on all the saliva filling up my mouth.

mmm.. t-bone.. gurglllle.. :blink:

I REALLY envy you Monty.

In my case I am totally fried, I work all day, when I get home my wive is waiting in the door with my gear on a bag and takes me EVERYDAY to the gym... after that... baby dinner, baby bath, baby sleeping process, then our dinner, finally BACK TO WORK till 1 or 2 AM. :(

That is my life EVERY single day... <_<

OMG... weekends... BABY wakes me up at 7.30 AM!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am living in Shnaghai... here is NO place for hollydays, except you take a plane to Malasia or Tailand... we are all alone, no family... means we have to carry the baby and all baby stuff everywhere.

Snif!

And on top of all this...

My wife bought a massage beg and set it up IN MY TOYS & TV ROOM!!! DAMN !!!

THAT WAS MY SPACE!!!

Now I have to crawl under that bed to see my collection... the speakers are useless and I have to stand to see my TV screen over the bed :(:(<_<

I am nothing but a slave of that baby and his moher.

Wanna cry.

ouh sebastian....that sounds scary....I hope i don't have to become like that in future. The world would be perfect if i can live without working, or maybe buy valks for a living and not use a single cent. :lol:

Wanna cry.

LOL.......I'm begining to find out what you mean!

Graham

Oh my god, Graham, watch out !!!!

If you put 8 ounces of milk in these little things they will produce 3 litres of brown goo.

trust me, I know.

Wanna cry.

Graham

haha, you poor guys. So.. Graham, are you selling off your toy collection to make room for baby stuff yet? huh huh? :D

Wanna cry.

Graham

Jeffrey looks really cute.

And you looks really srewed. :lol::lol:

By the way.

Check this out... today my wife have a party...

Soooooo I WILL STY AT HOME WITH THE BABY!!!! NOOOOOOOO! Life is SO unfair!

for shame! that you would soil such a great day with something so "passe" as a monte cristo! It shouldn't have been anything less than an EXCALIBUR! :)

I get days like that sometimes man, enjoy them to the fullest while they are around!

How did you cook the steak? That's what I want to know. BBQ? Or pan fried?

BBQ with mesquite...

Just checking between episode 2 & 3 to see if I had triggered seeds of envy :lol:

By the way, I am on vacation so I am not slacking work or anything.

Ciao !

B))

STEAK! BOVINOUS FLESH! God do you guys know what its like living in Japan now that American Beef is illegal?! So what if I can get all kinds of Macross toys, I cant enjoy a nice thick, juicy, mouth-watering T-bone without paying out the yinyang.

I read his post, and suffer.

heheh, I'm tempted to walk down the block and eat at our local steakhouse.... for $13.00 I can eat a T-bone or New York strip steak that could stand up (on it's own) and whoop Bill Goldberg's ass....

And let's not forget the heavenly garnish of sauteed mushrooms and onions... the fully loaded baked potato. And what true red-meat lover's meal would be complete without a nice baked loaf of bread completely drowned in melted butter?

a true culinary orgasm purchased for mere pennies on the dollar. And as good as it tastes? It feels just as good coming out :)

...while sipping mojitos and smoking a huge cuban Montecristo Habana genuine cigar.

Yeah yeah, go ahead, and rub it in you lucky Canuck! :p

Must be nice to stroll down to your local tobacconist, and be able to buy Cubans LEGALLY! <_<

Those of us in the US still have to smuggle them back from places like....well......Canada :rolleyes:

for shame! that you would soil such a great day with something so "passe" as a monte cristo! It shouldn't have been anything less than an EXCALIBUR!

I myself would have gone for a nice Bolivar Corona. But since I'm in the US, and all the Cubans here were bought up by JFK the week before he signed the embargo, I guess I'll just have to stick with my Romeo y Julieta Cedros No 2's until I get another trip out of the country so I can bring me back some nice Cubanos.

Edited by Mechamaniac

heheh, I'm tempted to walk down the block and eat at our local steakhouse.... for $13.00 I can eat a T-bone or New York strip steak that could stand up (on it's own) and whoop Bill Goldberg's ass....

And let's not forget the heavenly garnish of sauteed mushrooms and onions... the fully loaded baked potato. And what true red-meat lover's meal would be complete without a nice baked loaf of bread completely drowned in melted butter?

a true culinary orgasm purchased for mere pennies on the dollar. And as good as it tastes? It feels just as good coming out :)

What have I done to deserve this?! Have I wronged you in some way? I greiveously beg your forgiveness for whatever I have done. Please, make the torment stop. :(:angry:;)

I was enjoying a perfect road with no traffic whatsoever, driving my spanking new Honda Element (perfect variable SUV).

I've had my E since Xmas.... love that ride. Such a fun, cool vehicle.

You oughta check out the forums at Element Owner's Club, lotsa neat ideas, accessories, and folks.

Mine's the Sunset Orange... what color you driving? :D

What have I done to deserve this?! Have I wronged you in some way? I greiveously beg your forgiveness for whatever I have done. Please, make the torment stop. :(:angry:;)

lol, you've gotten all the trouble (from me) that you're going to get... I just saw an opportunity and pounced on it :D

I was enjoying a perfect road with no traffic whatsoever, driving my spanking new Honda Element (perfect variable SUV).

I've had my E since Xmas.... love that ride. Such a fun, cool vehicle.

You oughta check out the forums at Element Owner's Club, lotsa neat ideas, accessories, and folks.

Mine's the Sunset Orange... what color you driving? :D

Cool Blaine,

Mine is Shoreline mist color, I didn't choose the color cause I could not pass on such a great bargain when I bought mine (cost -20%). I am indeed a member of the Elements owners club too link but I am also a member of Hondaelement.org if you havent found this site yet. My member name is "montrealer".

The Element is indeed the perfect Macross vehicule as you can "transform" it's configuration at will, fit a Zentraedi in the trunck and still roll in combat scarred terrain.

element3.jpg

Edited by Montarvillois

Wanna cry.

Graham

LOL - nice pic. You single baby parents won't get any sympathy from me and my triplets. :lol: You ain't heard nothing until you hear baby screaming in 3.1 surround sound.