trigun question

they are problly a mix of human and cyborg <_< i do not know really i have not watched the series in along time so i do not really know the history of the characters. but i am guessing that is it., though i am pretty sure they are not trees :huh:

I think it has something to do with the cores of the Plants. That's why vash talks to them a little those couple times he was close to one.

they are

TREES  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

that might have been funny if I hadn't heard somewhere that they're actually plants...

but then again, hearsay is never accurate :-p

Yeah, I seem to remember hearing something like that at one point.

They're genetically engineered somethings - they're immortal, and can morph their arms into guns(with the right tech). And they're supposed to relate to the life-forms used to power Earth's most advanced tech. Other than that, who knows. And who cares? Wolfwood was the man, the rest sucked. ;)

That's what I thought...that they were plants that look like humans.

now the question is...were they born from the plants aboard the ships themselves. As was explained they just kinda appeared and grew at an incredible rate. (grew like weeds :lol: )

They were power PLANTS (people who said they were trees....funny :lol: ) that grew a conscience and intelligence. I thought that was explained pretty well in the anime?

Yes they were born from the plants in the ships.

>maybe one of the crew had a little too much "fun" with the plants. Kinda like sheparders having "fun" with their sheep. Or the gov'ts explanation that AIDS came from some sicko having "fun" with primates.

Not to side-track, but I think the official explanation is that infected animals were eaten and the human infections began that way. They do eat monkeys on Africa (and probally Asia?) after all.

From what I get out of watching the series a few times, I believe Vash could either be either some genetically engineered humans that human on earth created & exploited as a power source, or a member of an alien race that Earth discovered/captured, and experimented with. Those living things that appeared in the core of the Plants is obviously his kind, as he is the only one that can communicate with them. And they always show some form of a human figure within those core. Rem did mentioned Vash & Knives were angels given to them, which could mean that humans really found them somewhere (in space?), and have beening using them as power source. But other than that, not much else were mentioned in the TV series. Unless they revealed more in the manga.