Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

think of it as advanced HG it has alot of parts and details it is like a bigger slightly more detailed version of a HGUC the are nice. they are not PG quality but i think with a little work then can look awesome.

chris

Ok then, detailed, better than a normal HG and bigger, but not as functionally good as a PG or MG. Thanks. :)

Is it easy to customise a Justice Gundam into a MG version using a ungraded 1/100 Justice and a MG Freedom kit? I was planning to do this. Also, are there beam boomerangs on the 1/100 kit of the Justice or are they fixed? I wanted to make something good like this guys....

post-466-1138257880_thumb.jpg

Edited by kensei

seems like a real lot of work to combine those 2 together, if you have the skill and time i would love to see it, but i am pretty certain it will be a ton of really hard work for everyone else. i think the Beam boomerangs are permently attached, but if you were going to mod it into a MG kit it should be fairly easy , specially when compared to the rest of what you are planning. :p

Isn't that the opening movie for the Gundam SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow game?

The sad thing about that clip is that I enjoyed that a LOT more the ending battle for Gundam SEE Destiny. I have that clip on my computer, not the full thing but the part where the music starts. This was the first time I saw the very beginning with the EA assult on the ZAFT base. A damn shame that the only time we see decen to ace EA or just plain natural pilots is in the manga that isn't even the main story.

I really think and wish that the Astray mangs and msv could have been the main story.

Is it normal for the MSV/addition manga stories to be better then main story when it comes to a Gundam show? Or is the main story usually better from past examples?

Been wondering about this.

Edited by Effect

The MSV openign was sweet. Love the Gold Frame.

Here are 2 new really good MegaHouse Lunamaria and Meer figures. The new Luna especially looks great. I might have to get that one. We'll see.

post-514-1138898167_thumb.jpgpost-514-1138898174_thumb.jpg

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny The Edge (2005) - the events of the series from Athrun Zala's point of view; by Chimaki Kuori

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray B (2002) - a photonovel published cuncurrently with Astray and meant to complement it, focuses on the blue-frame Gundam Astray; novels by Tomohiro Chiba

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED X Astray (2003) - sequel to the first Astray manga; by Tomohiro Chiba, Koichi Tokita

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray (2004) - novels by Tomohiro Chiba

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray (2004) - a young photojournalist uses the next generation Astray to show the truth to the world; manga by Tomohiro Chiba, Koichi Tokita

Anyone know the release dates for these? I want them! I want to know further about Canard Pars and Prayer Reverie.

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny The Edge (2005) - the events of the series from Athrun Zala's point of view; by Chimaki Kuori

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray B (2002) - a photonovel published cuncurrently with Astray and meant to complement it, focuses on the blue-frame Gundam Astray; novels by Tomohiro Chiba

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED X Astray (2003) - sequel to the first Astray manga; by Tomohiro Chiba, Koichi Tokita

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray (2004) - novels by Tomohiro Chiba

* Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray (2004) - a young photojournalist uses the next generation Astray to show the truth to the world; manga by Tomohiro Chiba, Koichi Tokita

Anyone know the release dates for these? I want them! I want to know further about Canard Pars and Prayer Reverie.

366290[/snapback]

None of those have been licensed in the U.S. However, I would expect TOKYOPOP to license X ASTRAY and DESTINY ASTRAY at some point this year. Given their slow release schedule, we probably wouldn't see any product until the end of this year or early 2007. I'll note that the DESTINY manga adaptation has been licensed by Del Rey, but it's not the same thing as The Edge. Maybe it's just me, but The Edge strikes me as rather pointless. What's the need to see the series from Athrun's perspective if he already has so much screen time in the series?

Edited by ChrisG

Just watched the into to Gundam SEED MSV. Don't know why I'm still so attached to this series despite SEED Destiny's failure. It is so fully sick, I wish I could get hte game in Australia.

Who here reckons that the next installment of SEED should use the MSV? There are a lot of great mobile suits and characters that deserve some screentime in my opinion, and the fact is that most of them are normal soldiers. It could go the same as as they did 0083.

IF and only if SEED was a tribute to the original series, then this could fill in a lot of the holes while making sure that the characters that we have currently seen to death do not steal the spotlight. And then they could continue the SEED saga into a fourth series where Destiny left off, and truly finish CE timeline properly.

Can the SEED series be saved? After what they did with Destiny? What do you think? Or am just wishing?

It's possible, with a different writing staff. The staff used for Destiny shouldn't be allowed to touch anything other than a short ova. They clearly can't handle anything long running. You know it's pretty bad when the director complains about it.

well I decided to bump this thread (since there's been some members acting as if they were mods <_< ) and show something I saw on 4chan a few weeks ago. It's supposedly the Red Frame Astray and it some how turns into a Gelgoog look-a-like. I was wondering if someone had any more information about it or of it's origins

post-530-1139778845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

That looks so awesome! Finally Red Frame gets an upgrade. Check out the Samurai like helmet.

I hope that the Manga comes soon, or SEED 3 is actually all of the MSV Animated.

369666[/snapback]

I'm actually surprised no one has put up this picture yet asking for info on it. I figured maybe some of the guys from MAHQ.net might have something...

well I decided to bump this thread (since there's been some members acting as if they were mods  <_< ) and show something I saw on 4chan a few weeks ago. It's supposedly the Red Frame Astray and it some how turns into a Gelgoog look-a-like. I was wondering if someone had any more information about it or of it's origins

369579[/snapback]

It is the Red Frame. The Gelgoog-like armor it's equipped with is called the "Mars Jacket". This all came up since Lowe and the ReHOME went to Mars at the beginning of DESTINY ASTRAY.

Just watched the into to Gundam SEED MSV. Don't know why I'm still so attached to this series despite SEED Destiny's failure. It is so fully sick, I wish I could get hte game in Australia.

Who here reckons that the next installment of SEED should use the MSV? There are a lot of great mobile suits and characters that deserve some screentime in my opinion, and the fact is that most of them are normal soldiers. It could go the same as as they did 0083.

IF and only if SEED was a tribute to the original series, then this could fill in a lot of the holes while making sure that the characters that we have currently seen to death do not steal the spotlight. And then they could continue the SEED saga into a fourth series where Destiny left off, and truly finish CE timeline properly.

Can the SEED series be saved? After what they did with Destiny? What do you think? Or am just wishing?

367291[/snapback]

The SEED series is definatly not beyond saving. All they'd need to do is axe Okawara and Morosawa. I mean think about it, they were the main reason Destiny is something that out to by flushed down a toilet. Okawara's ugly, half-assed rehases and Morosawa's sorry excuse for writing.

Personaly I'd like to see a SEED version of 08th MS Team, or Lost War Chronicles.

well I decided to bump this thread (since there's been some members acting as if they were mods  <_< ) and show something I saw on 4chan a few weeks ago. It's supposedly the Red Frame Astray and it some how turns into a Gelgoog look-a-like. I was wondering if someone had any more information about it or of it's origins

369579[/snapback]

It is the Red Frame. The Gelgoog-like armor it's equipped with is called the "Mars Jacket". This all came up since Lowe and the ReHOME went to Mars at the beginning of DESTINY ASTRAY.

369904[/snapback]

The thing is, it's not Lowe piloting it this time. There was a pic on 4chan awhile ago of what was probably the pilot (he was standing next to it on the same page). It was some guy wering the kind of Alliance uniforms Extended pilots wear.

The thing is, it's not Lowe piloting it this time. There was a pic on 4chan awhile ago of what was probably the pilot (he was standing next to it on the same page). It was some guy wering the kind of Alliance uniforms Extended pilots wear.

371529[/snapback]

We aren't too sure who is piloting that one, but the guy in the red EA flight suit is not the pilot. The gentleman in the red EA suit is Ile De Llorar, and he pilots Proto-Saviour.

From Gunota:

Bandai Visual's site put up a listing for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition: The Broken World, which goes on sale May 26th.

And returning once again to the rumor mill, a post on 2ch contained what appears to be a copy & paste of a sales solicitation for the Destiny Special Edition stating that the Destiny SE's will be 4-parts rather than the traditional 3 for Gundam compilations. Also mentioned is that the Special Edition will be broadcast on TV sometime this Spring. But the bigger potential news is the following detail: "The SEED boom heats up! OVA 'Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer (tentative title)' currently being planned!"

So we ain't quite done with it yet.... And it looks like we might have our 3rd Seed production as an OAV.

Yes!!!,, a OAV sound great,  short, higher budget,  and the best part is no recap eps and reuse scenes.

373332[/snapback]

Hell yeah! too bad they didn't do Astray (it already had a plot, so no problem there). C.E. 73... that's the same year Destiny takes place. We now have to see if it continues after the ending or if it's a side story.

but  it'll take place hardly even a year, that blows.....they either just end all mankind or all the character dies in this deal or I'm gonna be pissed.

373429[/snapback]

All you need is a good story. It doesn't have to involve everyone dying.

now now, we all know it's about entitlement because damnit bandai owes it to us after forcing us to watch gundam seed destiny by breaking into our houses, tying us down and taping our eyes open so we could sit there week after week and watch the show....

Yes!!!,, a OAV sound great,  short, higher budget,  and the best part is no recap eps and reuse scenes.

373332[/snapback]

I'll get excited about it when I hear Morosawa got sacked from the project and isn't allowed within 100 yards of anyone involved with this project. And Okawara got replaced by I-almost-don't-even-care-who.

I'll get excited about it when I hear Morosawa got sacked from the project and isn't allowed within 100 yards of anyone involved with this project. And Okawara got replaced by I-almost-don't-even-care-who.

Yes because there sure is a lot of precident for the Gundam TV series staff working on Gundam OVAs.

All you need is a good story. It doesn't have to involve everyone dying.

A Good storyline where the pretty boys DIE

373881[/snapback]

Or better yet, a Good story WITHOUT the darn pretty boys :p

369579[/snapback]

369904[/snapback]

I just saw that it has a beam naginata :o Lincense it damn you TokyoPop!

Edited by kensei

Alright! Hey azrael, it's your calling! :D

376572[/snapback]

Yeh, I already answered that call. *Looks at preorder* :)

Edited by azrael