Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I noticed how this discussion of GS/GSD Mobile Armors vs. UC MAs seems to omit some of the very cheesy MA designs for the original MS Gundam series.

Let's face it, both Gundam universes had their fair share of bad designs. Everytime I see the Zakrello, I still think, wtf were they thinking when they designed that?!!

351315[/snapback]

The difference there is that the MA designs that you speak of like the Zakrello or Byg Zam were created in the 70s and the goofy ones in Seed and Seed Destiny were made within the last 2 years. At least in the original Gundam they had an excuse for making goofy looking things since everything at the time was pretty damn goofy (remember all the bad guy mecha from any super robot show of the era?), Seed has no such excuse.

The Mobius seemed like it should have been a decent MA.  Maybe if it could have autoslided like a starfury.

The way it was presented though it didn't perform much better than a Ball in UC.  The Mobius could carry more weapons than a Ball, but several could be pwned easily by only one or two Ginns.

The GP03 Dendrobium was classified as a Prototype Foothold Defensive Mobile Armor.

Slaughtering multiple mobile suits was definately it's speciality, as shown in Evolve 4.  After the suits it could easily dispatch the mother ship.

The Neue Ziel was a pure powerful fleet killer.  It was sweet.

350592[/snapback]

I think the Exass was much more decent than the Mobius, especially with those improved gun barrels they used. Plus it did pwn shinn in the Impulse and damage (i think) Rey's Zaku.

i thought it was coming on christmas eve or christmas day?

Edited by zeo-mare

Wonder if they could redeem some of GSD.

353493[/snapback]

Not likely. Some 1 hour clip show/epilogue couldn't possibly fix the damage done in dozens of episodes in the TV series. Unless the epilogue consists entirely of Shinn assassinating Kira, Athrun, Lacus and the rest of the Three Ships Alliance.

It's confirmed that there is going to be a SEED 3. Apparently from Gunota.

Hope they redo it properly this time. Take a year off boys.

354839[/snapback]

Heh, only if they start off with Kira, Lacus, Athrun, and Cagalli dying horribly.

I'd like to see Athrun's head cut off, Lacus being blown apart, etc, etc, etc.

Then, we have a massive holocaust of PLANTs. Blowing 90% of the hourglasses away would be nice. Heh heh. No new gundams, no Freedom, no Justice, no Destiny, only Impulse, and definitely no new Gundams.

Actually, Gunota says "Sunrise has greenlit a 3rd Gundam SEED work". Which means we don't know if it's going to be a TV or OAV, when it's coming or whose attached or what it will be about. For all we know, it might be an animated Astray OAV. All we know is, more Seed will be coming to our TVs/monitors.

I stand by my Neutron Sampeeder Idea. 15 minutes to a few hours after the end of Destiny, while the AA and eternal are still gloating, have a Neutron Stampeeder show up near the Godwanna and wipe out the Eternal and everyone on it. The only Nuclear equipped things left are the Freedom, Justice, Meteors and probably the eternal. This eliminates the problem all together. Next show can utilize Shinn and Luna properly, give them proper development, and there's room to do something decent with Murrue and Mwu. I can't see another show focusing on Kira to work well.

I hope the news follows with info that the writing staff has been replaced. If not, then expect another crapfest. CE has hit a point where it needs to distance from Kira, Lacus, and Athrun.

The 3rd series will probably be a recap of the first two series with some extra frames of animation to remind people of what happened last time. :D Or maybe it will be like double zeta and we will see new characters instead?

Seed = MSG

Destiny = Zeta

Eternity = Double Zeta?

A junk collecting civilian will steal the attention from the previous characters and he will be on neither side, only in it for himself, kind of like a Han Solo type person who just joins up without any need to 'serve' any side but just using them. Kira and Shinn had thier chances (50 motherfarting episodes each). Let's move on. When I look at things like Gundam Wing I am surprised how much faster moving that series was - 5 backstreet boys and only told in 1 series and a ova/movie. And closing the universe off in 1 neat attempt. That's the pace I want.

Plus I'm sick of the teen angst and youthful ignorance of characters unaware of what's going on. We need to start with a character who was forced to mature early in his life due to the environment he lives in (like a street smart character who has learnt survival skills from experience) so we can skip all that and get to the action. Maybe he is bored, broke, and decides to fight for material reasons at first, seeing it as an adventure and an opportunity to get 'treasure', rather than to get revenge. He then later sees through all the BS politics of either side, and makes decisions on his own with conviction taking practical considerations into mind and telling the people what he thinks of them to thier face, unlike the first two characters who spent too much time with philosophy and thinking about reasons, still unsure of why they do it because they've been indoctrinated by the military on how to behave and what to think (by thier government or the family) and are way too focused on it as a career and gaining rank, respect and apreciation (medals and pats on the back for successful mission completion, no question of the ethical concerns), rather than seeing the bad side of thier own leader for what it really is, from a purely objective point of view as a neutral party, and then nipping it in the bud from the beginning.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Final Plus is out, or at least it has aired. It should pop up at the usual places in a while. This is a 40-minute episode so it will take a tad longer to encode.

As for what happened....I don't know but they rewrote part of episode 50 for starters.

Edit: Now that I've watched it. Think of this as the director's cut of Episode 50. They fixed most of the bugs of the original (i.e the infamous reappearing Freedom) and rewrote/added some elements in there. It still ends the same way, just the stopping point in this goes to a few months past the original ending. Still doesn't make up for a poor time-management season. Better luck with the next series.

Edited by azrael

Plus I'm sick of the teen angst and youthful ignorance of characters unaware of what's going on. We need to start with a character who was forced to mature early in his life due to the environment he lives in (like a street smart character who has learnt survival skills from experience) so we can skip all that and get to the action. Maybe he is bored, broke, and decides to fight for material reasons at first, seeing it as an adventure and an opportunity to get 'treasure', rather than to get revenge. He then later sees through all the BS politics of either side, and makes decisions on his own with conviction taking practical considerations into mind and telling the people what he thinks of them to thier face, unlike the first two characters who spent too much time with philosophy and thinking about reasons, still unsure of why they do it because they've been indoctrinated by the military on how to behave and what to think (by thier government or the family) and are way too focused on it as a career and gaining rank, respect and apreciation (medals and pats on the back for successful mission completion, no question of the ethical concerns), rather than seeing the bad side of thier own leader for what it really is, from a purely objective point of view as a neutral party, and then nipping it in the bud from the beginning.

354918[/snapback]

Agreed with that. Every body in the house say Amen!

I just finish downloading it, but I mess up and got the 194mb version where they started when the Chairman points the gun at Kira.,,I'm not going to spoil you but from that moment on they added a couple of extras to everything (lots of Athruns appearing left and right) :lol: and it does feel somewhat better. And then they finally all meet up at where it all started which seems to work pretty well. I don't know what they were saying but it seems they all came to some kind of mutural agreement. Oh and Girl Power !! :rolleyes:

It's not the best but comparing to the old ending which suck donkey balls, it's better then my expectations.

Once I get the fansubing of this ep, I will deleting the original ep 50 asap.,, I'll even clear my mind,, what ep 50? I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean final plus :p

what other extra does the original final plus have before the meeting of Kira and Gil?

Edited by F360°

Ok but maybe, just maybe Shinn was never supposed to have the spotlight. When I look back I see shinn as a kind Jerid from zeta gundam. Jerid was determined to get even and boost his skill to beat camille, (but never being quite as good as camille) so perhaps shinn being so focused on revenge and getting even, is meant to mean he is the "bad" guy.

The thought only came to me today because shinn and jerid are so single minded, and personally I wouldn't mind it if he was a bad guy due to being kira's nemesis. Jerid wants to one day be in control of the titans and shinn aspires to beat Kira focusing everything he has and constantly trying to push the envelope. Very similar to jerid wanting to learn everything he needs to know about improving his skill from more experienced veterens and swallowing his pride. (normally his is arrogant and egotistical, proud of being an elite. Secretly we see he wants to climb the ladder and asks for help. This reminds me of Shinn's pride at being given the medal from dullindal. So long as people are eager to want that apreciation from thier superior with the ambition to one day lead, this is a perfect way to string them along by appealing to the pride of the soldier)

Jerid and Cammile both hate each others guts right from the start of the series. Camille even fights him after being made fun of in the first episode.

Similarly, Kira is hated by shinn with equal level of hate especially after his gf gets killed. It is established early on that Shinn's family died as a result of Kira's fighting.

thus:

Shinn = Kira's nemesis the way Jerid became Camille's nemesis.

The main difference is Kira = both Amuro from MSG, AND Camille from Zeta Gundam. Maybe Kira will take the place of Judau from Double Zeta and steal the show again? :D You can't just throw away the ultimate coordinator. Not in the third part at least. He is too valuable. :D

Another thing that has bothered me: there are too many gundams! Why does everyone need the same looking mobile suit? Can't the enemies design thier own superior suit that equals the same power of the gundam but looks different? It would be refreshing to see a mix of gundam and zaku and other mobile suit design fighting alongside each other. It would make the fighting less confusing because from a distance the mobile suits look more distinct and easy to make out in a busy scene where there is teams fighting against each other.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

From what little I saw of the spoilers, this seems like the same crappy story with redone animation, and toss in a few pieces of extras.

I'm sorry, it would've been better if the ending is like Anubis suggested... death to Kira, Lacus, Athrun, and if we can manage it, Cagalli too. I'll have to see the thing, but it sounds like they're still pumping up Kira, Lacus and company. And that is sad.

Edited by kalvasflam

Just saw stills of this thing and… meh.

It’s a better wrap-up (in the sense that it doesn’t look like it’s missing a chunk) but that’s it. We get to see what happened to Shinn’s sister for the billionth time (recapping to the end I see) and see a little of the characters after the battle.

I prefer a Spanish sub of episode 50 that’s floating around. I find at least a funny ending there (funny pearls like Lunamaria being convinced that, following Gundam tradition, she had to die or Gladys saying to her crew “I’m leaving the ship because the script says soâ€).

Spoilers

So looks like crybaby Shinn finally grows up and buries his past and makes friends with Kira. Care Bear greatness here. Hope this means that the third SEED universe story won’t continue from here because, what can you do with three friendly character leads? The idea that Shinn goes rouge could have gone somewhere but now we have a scenario similar to Destiny. It would be so easy to just adapt something out of Astray.

Saw it, my advice, delete episode 50 from your memories, it doesn't fix all the pain from the series, but at least it provides SEED with a good ending, and the added stuff and revamped story has more sence, enjoy

Saw it, meh. Obviously, the true way for everyone to accept peace and let go of hatred is to listen to Kira say, "Let's all be friends." It certainly did the trick on Rey and Shinn. Anyway, it wraps up Destiny better than the original final episode did, but it doesn't change my opinion that this is the worst Gundam series I've ever seen, ZZ being the only one I haven't watched.

The only new thing that amused me is that Athrun and Merilyn seem to be a couple now.

The new ending was significantly better than the previous one. The series was still a rushed train wreck, but this helps a little bit. An attampt at some closure for this show, and a better footing to stand on for later instead of leaving it in the air.

I do hope that Athrun and Meyrin are a couple now, since they looked like it. She was much more deserving and did a lot more for him in this show.

I'm glad to see they handled Shinn slightly better. At heart he was a good guy, so it was nice they gave him some credit there. The bad guy angle would have been interesting too, but it's better to see him come around after his berserk spell. Having Athrun go to pick Luna and Shinn up was a nice touch. A little gesture on his part.

Everyone getting along now and saying they'll work together does mean that now there is one hell of a team assembled. Kira, Athrun, Mwu, Shinn, Luna, and the magnificent invincible Dom trio. <_<

With a group like this it's definately time to either

1) Move on to a new group entirely. (PREFERRED) Jump ahead a few years hopefully.

2) New group with cameos and maybe one or two previous leads (like the show began as before they stole the show from the Minerva). Do not let it be Kira though.

3) If they insist on using the existing characters, then the only bad guys that could have a chance in hell of making this group break a sweat would be a group of actual Newtypes. That would be interesting. They've only touched on the SEED fector business in the first series and ignored it entirely in Destiny except for people going into SEED mode. Seed 3 really needs to get back to this since Destiny pretty much took care of the Logos, Extendeds, and Crueset threads. The Newtypes could employ some left over Extendeds, but at the end of the day they will be the primary adversary.

Having this group take on real Newtypes (Amuro/Camille/Scirrocco level) would be the only significant challenge left. The EA's might is already crushed, and Plant and Orb settle back into being buddies again.

I would prefer a new group though. I'm still sick of Kira. It's nice they at least wrapped it up. They went with the "let's be firends" ending, fine. Better than before by spades.

I'm still not pleased with how Destiny pregressed, but the new ending helped a bit. This redux gave the ending much of what was missing from the first version. It maintains suckage, but not as much suckage. I applaud the effort at least to correct some of what was wrong.

The explanation for the shields going down was asinine though: Kira swiped the Shield (Generator?) with the Meteor's sword and the shields go down? Wasn't that was the shields were supposed to protect against? Beam saber, big as it was, shouldn't have put a dent in it.

Finally,

Who is not surprised to see Chairman Lacus Clyne?

She deseats the evil Dullindal, and then immediately gets "invited" to return home and become Chairman.

Yeah, ;)

All according to plan. :lol:

Side note for ZZ.

I'm watching ZZ now, up to ep 14 or 15.

It pains me to say this but Destiny was better than the first half of ZZ so far. I hear it gets better, still waiting for it. By the time the assault on Jaburo happened in Zeta, Judau is still either trying to steal the Zeta, or everyone is screwing around embarrassing the remaining Argama crew. I skimmed through parts of some later episodes and it does look like it gets quite better. The first batch are painful though.

It was kind of somber to realize that the ONLY pilot to come back in one piece from the Gryps battle was Fa. That's it. Fa and the Methuss. The Zeta was opeational but no pilot since Camille was mind-toasted. The Mk. II and Hyaku Shiki were trashed but recovered, but not a single Rick-dias or Nemo came back. The Argama's hangar used to be full. The bad guys so far suck too. Incompetents. The Titans would have laughed at these idiots. Camille would have taken them all out easily. The ZZ Gundam wouldn't even have been necessary. Take the cost of that and provide 3 more Rick-Dias or something. Even Bright commented on how complex the ZZ was when it showed up.

It's painful to watch poor overworked Astionage being abused.

It was also painful to watch Elle start up the Mk. II and have it flailing it's arms around figuring out how to move it.

Next episode is the one with the Ninjas. I'm not looking forward to it. Please get better.

Haman looks cool in her regal outfit though.

Edited by Anubis

Who is not surprised to see Chairman Lacus Clyne?

The jury is still out on that one. We're waiting for some actual clarification on that.

It pains me to say this but Destiny was better than the first half of ZZ so far. I hear it gets better, still waiting for it.

I hear you need to get to episode 19 before it takes a 180. I should note that it probably would have continued, had the greenlight for CCA not been turned on.

The ZZ Gundam wouldn't even have been necessary. Take the cost of that and provide 3 more Rick-Dias or something. Even Bright commented on how complex the ZZ was when it showed up.

Looking at the lineart alone, I could tell it was complicated. Having a core-block system and transforming capabilities. I won't even mention the glorified weaponry.