Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

It'll only work if they kick his wife off the project. Don't even let her in the studio.

Meh…

I can’t trust Fukada after Destiny (unless he takes a year off and gets a divorce :lol: ).

They should do an OVA and forget about the 50 episodes thing for the next Gundam. Bandai can still shove a lot of MS/toys in an OVA series.

Just seen 0080. Now that is good.

I second what Anubis said, Yzak as chairman, only a five year old mentality could possibly countenance something that ridiculous. Of course, for the new show, the big question is can Fukuda actually put aside his pettiness and desire to inject politics into his cartoons and do a good series.

Seed was actually entertaining toward the end, now I don't know if that was Fukuda's doing or not, after all, GSD's beginnings were good too, and then the show did a 180 and went straight to hell.

Well, we'll see....

nurip0nb.jpg

rx-93-beamrifleshield.jpg

WTF? :o That thing looks like a Nu-gundam RIP-OFF!!!! :angry:

BTW, I just found out that the U.S. Military is building the RX-93!! :ph34r: Don't believe me, take a look at the picture: :p:lol:

http://www.gundam.org/special/newtype39_800.jpg

I'm thinking its in Boeing's factory or it could in Lockheed Martin's.

post-2502-1131675801_thumb.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Just got my Force and Blast Impulse. Man these toys are great. They really need to expand the GQ line, I would buy an Akatsuki and Infinite Justice in a flash, not to mention Destiny, Legend and Strike Freedom. Sure they are more expensive than plain plastic like the GFF, but they are nowhere near the price of a PG.

Any word on if they are going to expand this line?

I hope one day I get the MMM GQ Strike.

I've posted this in another forum, but seems no one knows what it is:

http://www.zupload.com/done.php?filepath=34033

I'm though suspecting though that its an Astray manga, but not really sure.

345410[/snapback]

That's the end of X ASTRAY, which has been over for more than a year. It takes place during the two month gap between the beginning of episode 47 of SEED and the rest of the episode.

Had nothing better to do last week and with no new mecha anime i could get my hands on, I decided rewatched GSEED. (Would have prefered watching CCA or even ZETA if i could get a copy here in P.I. though)

I Found these on GSEED Episode 43 and 48?

ep. 43 = 4:46

gseed4304463au.jpg

ep. 43 = 5:09

gseed4305090gw.jpg

another one episode:

shiho3hx.jpg

Does this mean Shiho was with the La Crueset Team before she hooked up with The Joule Team? (NOTE: Never read the manga so bear with me for now, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE?)

Does this mean Shiho was with the La Crueset Team before she hooked up with The Joule Team? (NOTE: Never read the manga so bear with me for now, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE?)

346155[/snapback]

Yzak was promoted and got his own squad by those episodes. In episode 48..or 49, he was already briefing and launching with his squad. After Panama fell and they went back to space, Yzak left Le Crueset's team.

Who's ready for another new ep of rehashed animation!?

SEED DESTINY Final Plus UPDATED

Also being reported on 2ch is that the hobby mags announced a special program consisting of a compilation of all 50 episodes of SEED DESTINY plus a new "after episode", "Erabareta Mirai" ("The Chosen Future"), that will be broadcast on Christmas.

UPDATED: It will air past midnight on Christmas. The new after episode will reveal the path of Shinn, Kira and Athrun after the battle.

TBS 1:50am-2:45am Christmas

MBS 12:30am-1:25am

At least they'll add something to the ending. It'll still won't change the fact that it was pure crap.

I still want a Neutron Stampeeder to pull up and destroy the Eternal and everyone on it.

Edited by Anubis

At least they'll add something to the ending.  It'll still won't change the fact that it was pure crap.

I still want a Neutron Stampeeder to pull up and destroy the Eternal and everyone on it.

346900[/snapback]

That'll be something to see. Heh heh.

I wonder how long it'll be, this special ending episode. May be they'll just roll it in with the compliation, and make it one long damned recap episode with a few new pieces of dialouge and animation.

Athrun: "Kira"

Kira: "Yes?"

Athrun: "I decided to swear off women forever."

Kira: "Oh?"

Athrun: "Yes, I wanted to really tell you this, you could probably figure it out from the ending sequences since the beginning of Seed up until now, but Kira, I love you, man."

Kira: "Oh Athrun, I've been waiting so long for you to say this, I love you too, let's make out."

They kiss, and we fade out.

This scene would be the final fart YOU to the fans courtesy of the team that brought you GSD.

Edited by kalvasflam

I finally finished Zeta Gundam, and it had exactly what this show was missing: balance.

Destiny had it at first, then went down the drain.

Forgive the spoilers if you haven't watched Zeta.

Zeta maintained some danger to the suit combat, and in the end fight was a drawn out all sides beating on each other slugfest. The 3 way in the colony laser was well done. The Hyaku-Shiki was a good MS, but with The O on Char's left, and the Qubeley on his right, he was in trouble.

It felt kind of like the black knight from Holy Grail actually.

Loses an arm

"I'm not done yet"

Loses a leg

"I'm not finished yet."

Once Camille takes on Scirroco and Char's still trying to fight Haman, he pins her in the ship wreckage and says "You can't use those things in here can't you?"

"that's what you think"

Zap zap zap zap zap.

I got a kick out of that.

Katz was too much of a hothead and made stupid mistakes. He had a target on his forehead and it was just a metter of time. I only surprised by how long he actually lived. Or that Bright didn't push him out an airlock.

Scirroco went out in style too. "I won't die alone, I'll take your SOUL with me." No one says cool stuff like that anymore.

Big winner in Zeta Gundam: AXIS. Who would have thought that even through the halfway point of the show.

The end was slightly abrupt, though it did what it needed to finish, showed Camille's broken state, and ended. It was ok in Zeta's case becasue ZZ aired immediately afterward. Fans weren't left hanging. Zeta's story ended and ZZ picked it up from there. A bittersweet ending. In Destiny's case it's not ok because there's nothing afterward to look forward to to follow up with, and the ending itself was handled so poorly in every sense.

I was satisfied with how that show went and look forward to watching ZZ, despite the warnings about the first half. I doubt Judeau would be anywhere close to a good substitute for Camille, but we'll see.

Camille could take Kira.

Here's the main Japanese Cast list.

The masked man's voice might raise an eyebrow or two.  It's common to recycle VA's though, as seen with Rey (Zaku Pilot) and Stellar (Gaia Pilot) in this list.  So have to wait and see if it's a plot clue.  I don't think it's a coincidence though in this case.

Shin Asuka - Kenichi Suzumura (Shin Kudou from Macross Zero)

Lunamaria Hawke - Maaya Sakamoto (Hitomi from Vision Of Escaflowne, Reika from Rahxephon)

Stellar Loussier - Houko Kuwashima (Flay & Natarle from Gundam SEED)

Sting Oakley - Junichi Suwabe (Greed from Full Metal Alchemist)

Auel Neider - Masakazu Morita (Tidus from Final Fantasy X)

Meyrin Hawke - Fumiko Orikasa (Seras Victoria from Hellsing, Kim Hotaru from Rahxephon)

Gilbert Dullindal - Shuuichi Ikeda (Char Aznable from MSG)

Talia Gladys - Mami Koyama (Kycilia Zabi from MSG)

Rey Za Burrel - Toshihiko Seki (Rau Le Creuset from SEED)

Earth Forces masked man (Neo Roanoke?) - Takehito Koyasu (Mu La Flaga from SEED)

Athrun Zala - Akira Ishida

Cagalli Yula Athha - Naomi Shindou��

192666[/snapback]

Sorry for resurecting this, but i was just shocked [and had nothing better to do]. The VA of Shin Asuka is the same VA for Shin Kodou of Macross Zero? :o WTF? I could'nt even distinguish the two. :ph34r:

That`s what I like to hear, take my word watch ZZ even if its a bit weak from Z.  As for me I like the show and I did like Judeau a lot, if I didn`t I wouldn`t have get his MSIA ZZ figure  ;)

347022[/snapback]

What a coincidence!! This morning i was reading pages 1 to 10 of this thread and i noticed Anubis' optimisms towards Seed Destiny. B)) I wanted to post something about one of his comments and then I read his lastest post above about GSD's suckiness. :lol: Welcome to Teh Real Gundam Shows ;)

On a side note, i just recently watched CCA woot.gif and let me tell you guys this show rocks!!!! Better than GSD even. victory.gif

Teh Sazabi, In the words of Agent One is AWESOME!!! :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Sorry for resurecting this, but i was just shocked [and had nothing better to do]. The VA of Shin Asuka is the same VA for Shin Kodou of Macross Zero? :o  WTF? I could'nt even distinguish the two.  :ph34r:

347119[/snapback]

Yes, and Neo's VA is also the voice of Gamlin of M7...Rey/Rau's VA is also Duo from Gundam Wing...and the list goes on...

What a coincidence!! This morning i was reading pages 1 to 10 of this thread and i noticed Anubis' optimisms towards Seed Destiny.  B))  I wanted to post something about one of his comments and then I read his lastest post above about GSD's suckiness. :lol:  Welcome to Teh Real Gundam Shows ;)

Yeah, I was a staunch supporter of the show for a long time. Even when the flaws appeared I found enough to enjoy. Except the orb fleet arc, which pissed me off. The last 10 episodes in particular kicked me in the nuts though and the "finale"the final nail in the coffin.

It started so strongly. It's a shame.

Zeta helped heal the wound.

*bump*

..Ahh finally watched the whole thing from beginning to end. The Impulse gundam seems kind of out of place in this series. The splitting of the mecha into pieces just seems gimmicky in this.

It would have been better if they made it so that the Earth Alliance created mobile armors for space that had detachable pieces that acted as escape modes for the pilot to continue fighting or to escape from a losing fight. (instead of using the combiner gimmick for a mobile suit developed by ZAFT)

It makes sense that you would want to shed weight and haul ass from the fight by jettisoning the destroyed part of the machine to live to fight another day than to merely split into pieces so you can have an extra body part midway through battle. Because this assumes the enemy is going to sit there and wait for you to call your extra part. If they have a third series in CE I would like to see EA create more combiner Mobile armors. Maybe even a transformable mobile armor with combiner ability. (ie like aquarion :D) I think the reason they focus on mobile armors is they are too proud to admit that the idea of mobile suits is a good one. (because it came from co-ordinators)

That's what I like about the combiner idea in mecha shows: where it might have some practical use for it rather than as a gimmick.

After enduring 50 eps of this series I got to say it needed more twists. I thought it was too obvious that rey would be the "I will turn against my leader at the last moment" character. I was waiting for him to suddenly kill dullindal before seeing the last ep. Only he didn't use a rocket launcher as I expected. :D

And as for Shinn Asuka: he will probably end up being the arch rival to Kira the way Char was through all the UC shows. Char never quite was as good as Amuro Ray and always needed to have the advantage in each situation when combating amuro. (eg when he led amuro into a trap and tries to kill him with a sword in MSG, hoping his size would give him the edge)

My guess is Shinn Asuka although not being a villain, is not meant to be someone we the audience is supposed to sympathise with because he is hell bent on revenge and holds a grudge. These kinds of characters always turn out to be the "madmen" and slightly psychotic and dangerous people that are more concerned with killing thier rival than protecting people. They just use the excuse of "needing to gain more power to be able to protect people" as a way to show off to thier rival that they can actually beat them. Their real reason for fighting has more to do with proving to themselves they are better than the other guy that keeps owning them. (a "warrior pride" thing) But others who are close to them don't really know this because they are too much in admiration and praise for them; their leader being a legendary war hero to them and all, so all they CAN do is sit around and suck up to them, thinking it is all about ideals and wanting the best for thier race.

Note in Char's Counterattack how Char doesn't really give a poo about newtypes or the Zeon ideals or any of that crap but just takes advantage of it just so he can duel Amuro hoping to beat him once and for all? (just wants revenge for Lalah Sune who is the only chic he loves even going to great lengths to let amuro have the same technology as him so it is a "fair" fight) I think that's why Shinn had to live so we can see him grow and evolve into the arch nemesis of CE the way Char was the arch nemesis in UC. I fully did not expect him to die in the show for this reason. Because I think he will be a main character through any future CE shows constantly envying Kira's skill and wanting the honor of knowing that he can beat him. The fighting has nothing to do with war and wanting peace, but an inner personal desire to prove who is the ace of aces. To these kinds of people fighting is like a sport and they got to prove how good they are - thier aim being to prove they really are superior.

I think that is why Kira is the good guy. He doesn't treat war like a game and doesn't wish to fight despite being more skilled and better than his rival. It is not so much that he is a pacifist or a pussy, (that is what those around will think) but that killing is just plain wrong. And this is the reason you will never see him die off like a cannon fodder because he is too important to the story. No matter how much you hate the actions of the character what matters is thier attitude towards fighting. They will fight to protect, but they won't kill unless absolute necessary, and even then when killing can't be avoided, they will not 'enjoy' ending another person's life. The 'bad' guys think ending anothers life feels good, never letting go and always wanting revenge. It's personal to them and they will never learn to let go. Whereas the good guys are more like cops, defenders of peace but never letting personal feeling control thier action for selfish reasons. (You can imagine each country and faction as two annoying neighbours in your local neighbourhood who won't stop fighting and getting along and the AEUG/three ship alliance/ORB who are local police sick of the noise called to settle the fight.)

Constrast this to Shinn who seeks death for all who get in his way as an answer to all the problems. Weak characters seek and desire power, wanting it because they have none, while the hero has it, but sits and decides how it should be used properly. The hero is always defending our right to defend the human race (not just one side or one country or one faction they belong to, but the whole human race's right to live) and still NOT have all the answers to the problems that cause war, from all those villains who think they DO have the answer and want to wrestle control from everyone else just so they can realise thier stupid utopian fantasy by enforcing thier beliefs using thier power. That's why dullindal is 'evil', it would have been different if he hadn't used his weapons to force everyone. Even if he is right and his dream would actually bring everlasting peace, people still have the right to choose for themselves even if they never do decide to follow the ideal.

All living things have a right to life and choices. It's when the villain tries to control that, which makes them bad people that need to be stopped. Both Dullindal and LeCreuset were guilty not of being wrong in thier ideals but having too much power that doesn't belong to them. Decisions that concern the human race belong to the human race and not one person. When the villain says he has the "exclusive right to judge humanity" that is when you can box them under "evil" because they are putting themselves in the shoes of god. It's not about who is right or wrong, (actually in UC newtype powers have nothing to do with being in space, it was only a theory wasn't it?) but defending our right to make choices for ourselves. That doesn't happen under global dictatorship.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Actually, I felt exactly the opposite about Char. By CCA, it looked more to me like he wanted Amuro to kill him. And while Char never gave a care for Newtypes or Zeon, he did care for, and continued to right up to the end, humanity. He wasn't trying to drop Axis on Earth for revenge or for fun, he was just trying to stop humanity from overruning themselves & the planet.

Sooooooooo, The GSD special should be airing the day after christmas right?

348789[/snapback]

It's suppose to air on Christmas day.

It will air past midnight on Christmas. The new after episode will reveal the path of Shinn, Kira and Athrun after the battle.

TBS 1:50am-2:45am Christmas

MBS 12:30am-1:25am

About 12PM EST/9AM PST on TBS. The MBS broadcast might be Dec. 26th. I'm not sure about yet. So for those of us in the US, we should see it popping up in the usual places arounnd Saturday night, if I'm reading those times correctly.

Maybe they're going to make it so that Destiny is all just a drug-fuelled delusion of Raww's before he goes out to fight Kira in the final battle in SEED...

Or maybe it's revealed that everything after Ep7 is just Shinn getting knocked on the head a bit too hard during reentry after the Junius 7 drop.

ANYTHING just to make this mess go away!! :ph34r: