Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I'd say points 2 and 3 Anubis brought up were the worst things about Destiny. What the hell happend to the Alliance, the only reason ZAFT even held the line in the last war was their technological edge, if they didn't have GENESIS in the last war, it would have been all over for them. But on the other hand it seems like the Alliance high command was always a bit on the incompetent side, who give command of their most advanced battleship, mobile suits, and their nuclear strike forces to a CEO?! It's just really REALLY annoying to see the Alliance get down graded like that after seeing them totaly trash Armory 1.

Then with the whole unbalanced MS, it just made things boreing, you already knew what was going to happen. Is Murasame really that much more better than the Windam? If it wasn't for Archangel Orb would have taken out Minerva at that point, I don't care how good Shinn is he's only one person and he can't be a several places at once.

A 9th grader can write better than these morons.

kalvasflam  Posted Today, 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Druna Skass @ Oct 11 2005, 01:36 PM)

A 9th grader can write better than these morons.

Does Fukuda and wife have a kid? If so, how old? May be we can have the toddler have a go.

Dont tempt fate man, Just dont.:D

No, don't even go there. Let's just say I don't want to be known for executing an entire family...

335952[/snapback]

Ever hear the concept that two bad might begat a good? begat.... is that even a real word? Woohooo, I'm a success at poor writing thanks to the influence of the team Fukuda.

No, don't even go there. Let's just say I don't want to be known for executing an entire family...

335952[/snapback]

Ever hear the concept that two bad might begat a good? begat.... is that even a real word? Woohooo, I'm a success at poor writing thanks to the influence of the team Fukuda.

336038[/snapback]

Yeah but that's math not genetics. If those two have a dominant Can't-write-for-crap gene, then that kid isn't going to be able to write for crap either.

I'm waiting for the December released HG Murasame, and then I'll paint it Titan way B))

I wonder if they ever released a HG or an MG Destroy, I could use one to guard my front door against unwanted salesman :lol:

I'm waiting for the December released HG Murasame, and then I'll paint it Titan way  B))

I wonder if they ever released a HG or an MG Destroy, I could use one to guard my front door against unwanted salesman  :lol:

336528[/snapback]

unless that salesman is a Gundam fan,, he might just take your Destory and come back every day hoping for more :lol:

Just wanted to you guys to take a look at this guys work over at comic fiesta. some hastily done fansubbing :lol: by someone named "Iluna."

http://www.comicfiesta.com/forumz/lofivers.../t4116-750.html

There funny and creepy at the same time!  :ph34r:

336587[/snapback]

LOL :D:D wish this guy had done the writing for the series. You get to see what Kira’s real motivation was AND we see Athrun finally teaching something to Shinn :ph34r:

335952[/snapback]

336038[/snapback]

Yeah but that's math not genetics. If those two have a dominant Can't-write-for-crap gene, then that kid isn't going to be able to write for crap either.

336514[/snapback]

May be those genes will be recessive in the kid. :lol:

Just wanted to you guys to take a look at this guys work over at comic fiesta. some hastily done fansubbing :lol: by someone named "Iluna."

http://www.comicfiesta.com/forumz/lofivers.../t4116-750.html

There funny and creepy at the same time!  :ph34r:

336587[/snapback]

LOL :D:D wish this guy had done the writing for the series. You get to see what Kira’s real motivation was AND we see Athrun finally teaching something to Shinn :ph34r:

336602[/snapback]

This guys writing may actually be better than what aired. :lol:

The Lacus idol one was funny.

Edited by Anubis

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I didn't really want to wade my way through 200+ pages of spoiler-laden info looking when I'm only up to Phase 08 myself (I'm one of those people who has to have every episode on hand before I watch a series, sorry). Anyway, when the Minerva arrives at the Orb port, we find Murrue Ramius working there as a mechanic. No big deal, makes sense, right? I mean, she's technically a traitor and can't go back to the Alliance anyway. But, we also see her talking to Andy Waltfeld which is a little more suprising. I mean, it's been awhile since I watched the original SEED, but I do definately remember Kira killing him. Can someone please tell me how someone who was very much dead at the end of Phase 21 of the first SEED be very much alive in Phase 08 of Destiny?

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I didn't really want to wade my way through 200+ pages of spoiler-laden info looking when I'm only up to Phase 08 myself (I'm one of those people who has to have every episode on hand before I watch a series, sorry).  Anyway, when the Minerva arrives at the Orb port, we find Murrue Ramius working there as a mechanic.  No big deal, makes sense, right?  I mean, she's technically a traitor and can't go back to the Alliance anyway.  But, we also see her talking to Andy Waltfeld which is a little more suprising.  I mean, it's been awhile since I watched the original SEED, but I do definately remember Kira killing him.  Can someone please tell me how someone who was very much dead at the end of Phase 21 of the first SEED be very much alive in Phase 08 of Destiny?

336759[/snapback]

IIRC, Andy commanded either the Eternal or the Kusanagi near the end of the original GUNDAM SEED. As for his apparent death it was explained in later episodes of the original GUNDAM SEED that he somehow survived that battle with Kira, but Andy's lover, i think her name was aisha was not so lucky. After that he joined the clyne faction.

Other people here could help explain it further. azrael perhaps can shed more light in to it. ;)

He was shown alive in Seed again as the captain of the Eternal. Out of the blue, there he is alive, and part of Lacus's faction. He has the ship blast out of the dock. They have him talk to Chairman Zala and thanking him for the opportunity or something, and then steals the ship.

Andy was crippled as shown and Aisha was killed, but he told Kira he didn't blame him for it when Kira spoke to him surprised he was alive.

After the war he was part of the group that migrated to Orb to live in psuedo hiding.

Kisaka commanded the Kusanagi.

Edited by Anubis

Thanks, for claering that one out anubis. I rally could'nt remeber which ship andy commanded in the first SEED.

BTW talking about reused footage on GSD, A guy from another forum pointed this one out. see link below:

http://img197.echo.cx/img197/9918/similiar5aj.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Sort of but not really. Andy was in the same type of "capsule" that Kira was in. Although if I remember there were two of them left on the Lesseps before DaCosta took them.

Who extracted them and put them in the capsules is still a mystery.

friend of mine just pointed out that DESTINY's dub is completed and airing somewhere, more then likely canada since they get first dibs before we do here in the states (Yu-Gi-oh! GX for example) and she's laughing at how bad the dub really is.

The one whose playing Murrue (Relena in GW) also plays Talia Gladys.

I'm sorry you guys, I misunderstood her completely. The show is NOT out anywhere just yet, the first episode is the only thing that's been released at a convention showing off that they are working on the domestic variation....

Its got subtitles and bad quality to it for a 360 meg file, and she wont tell me where you can download it either, but I asure you, its really not that great thus far....

I watched the first episode dubbed, it was far from impressive. Probably on par with the first shows dub, to be honest.

New characters like Shinn and Dullindal sounded ok, Lunamaria seems miscast though since the first thing that came to mind to describe her English voice after hearing her one line in the episode would be "generic ditz".

The returning characters like Athrun and Cagalli were not good at all, and they haven't learnt any lessons from the first season because the pronunciation of certain things still sounds stilted and awful.

Thanks, for claering that one out anubis. I rally could'nt remeber which ship andy commanded in the first SEED.

BTW talking about reused footage on GSD, A guy from another forum pointed this one out. see link below:

http://img197.echo.cx/img197/9918/similiar5aj.jpg

336769[/snapback]

You should see in Ep 22 when they replaced Impulse with Aile Strike. <_< That got me heated that did. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Originally:

DESTINY final DVD details

ES Toys lists info for the 13th and last volume of SEED DESTINY. It's scheduled to come with an approximately 40 minute "special episode". Also included is "SEED DESTINY The Making", a collection of videos shown at the Tokyo International Forum during the October 3rd 2004 festival premiere event, which included comments from the director, composer, and cast. The release date is February 24.

Confirmed:

DESTINY final DVD details part2

ES Toys has now removed the 40 minute "special episode" from the DVD details.

Unknown:

New Series After Destiny (Gundam Seed Eternity?)

Fukuda has another interview lately again. Though he has been quite worn-out because of various pressure, he may challenge to have a third series and he is thinking of choosing 3 characters from GSD as his next series main characters. It is rumored to be called "Gundam Seed Eternity".

11312721594662ny1ol.jpg

Fanart or Talia's son? This may be third time lucky for Fukuada. He knows what not to do now.

I for one hope it will come true, and for a great ending to the SEED series. I was disappointed with SEED Destiny and wished it could have been more. This is the chance.

The next series should maybe start kind of like ZZ: within hours of Destiny's ending. Shinn and Luna have limped back to the Minerva site on the Impulse. While this goes on, a Neutron Stampeeder pulls up next to the Godwanna. Kira and Athrun are already back on the Eternal still proud of themselves.

Stampeeder charges up, catches everyone by surprize, and fires. The only Nuclear Equipped things out there are the Freedom, Justice, Meteors, and probably the Eternal itself. Boom. Problem resolved. Nothing else should be affected. Destiny's remains might explode too if it's in range, either way it's fine since Shinn and Luna are away.

This will remove will remove Kira, Athrun, and Lacus in a nice dramatic fashion. The story can then focus on Shinn and Luna, and also Mwu and Murrue. They could even find a way to have Shinn and Luna end up working together somehow.

One idea at least.

IMO, for Seed 3 to work, at a minimum Kira and Lacus need to go. The whole "Kira and Lacus" is always right thing is out of hand. For a strong storyline they shouldn't have the intrusion. Except in cameo if anything. Someone else needs to be the focus.

What's left in Seed realm is kind of hard to work with right now. Maybe jumping ahead several years would be best. Use all new people. Expand the universe a little. The EA doesn't have crap left. Orb is too annoying and needs to have a couple nukes dropped on it, and Plant is...plant. All they need is a new Chairman again. I still can't fathom they couldn't crush the Lacus fleet after completely pwning the EA. The poor writing in Destiny leaves a lot of holes for the next series.

No matter what, the plot for the series needs to be worked out BEFORE they start airing it. Know where you're going and how to get there that way you make a coherent storyline for once. They didn't learn their lessonds from Seed I, and completely blew it in Destiny. The making-it-up-as-you-go-along bit failed miserably.

Edited by Anubis

Word from the grapevine is, we don't know what that is. That image popped up on 4chan with no username and no source. There is some word that it was Korean fanart.

Oh and that crap about Gundam Seed Eternity(?), that was a mistranslation. In that interview, Fukada indicated he and the staff had trouble doing a series with 3 main characters.

BTW, here's a Animage interview from Shigeru Morita (script writer)

* When you guys name characters and MS units, is there any rules?

Basically, Morosawa is responsible for character names. I am responsible for the battle ships and other naming rules. Mobile Suit armaments and weapons are determined by this naming rule. ZAFT weapons uses Latin and Italian. EA uses English and German. Eurasia uses French. That's the basic guideline, with a few modifications.

*How big in PLANT in DESTINY?

In SEED, the population and area of one PLANT is roughly about the same as Suginami district in Tokyo. One hourglass colony is one PLANT = one Suginami. In Heisei 14 year, Suginami is around population 500,000. There's about one hundred of these. So DESTINY should be pretty close to this.

*How come ZAFT doesn't have military ranks?

ZAFT only became an official army after battle broke out with EA. Before, it's kinda like a national militia of PLANT civilians, so there was no rank. ZAFT is modeled after the Israeli army during the Middle East wars. Technically there is ranks, but when fighting against the arabic nations, so as to protect the size of their troops, they were named after the commanders' names.

This is perhaps the wisedom of a small country, so we borrowed this idea. That's why there's Kleuze team, Joule team, but you don't really know how big they are, or what's their rank.

*What's condition red?

This is ZAFT's equivalent of "Daiichi sentou haibi" on Archangel. There's Red, Orange, Yellow, Green. Normally, it would be green, then entering combat in Red.

*When and where was Messiah built?

In this world, there's many asteroids remnants which have been depleted of their rare metals. If you equip them with the necessary equipments and armaments, then you can get tons of these. It's much easier to build these than to build a battleship from scratch.

*Where does Lacus get her Mobile Suits?

There's 'factory' in the asteroid belt where Eternal was hiding. Even until now there's the Clyne faction in ZAFT, so they formed Terminal together with Lacus. These guys' factory in space is the "Factory"

*Where does Meer's red Haro come from?

When Lacus escaped from her place in SEED, she only brought Pink-chan. The rest of them she left in her house. The Red Haro is probably a replica of them. Lacus and Haro's combination is very well known to the general public, so it's important for the fake Lacus to have a fake Haro.

*Is the surface of Akatsuki gold foil?

It's a special anti-beam coating that appears gold. It's not gold foil. It's name is "[whatever it is..I forgot]", it's like a mirror and can reflect beam weapons. Because it is too costly, so they only made one of this.

*Rey is clone of who?

He's Mwu's dad's clone. Genetically, Kleuze is exactly the same as Rey, but the cells were decryogenized at different times. If he grows up in the same environment, Rey technically would become like Kleuze.

*Did Mwu lose his memories due to shock of battle, or were they erased artificially?

I'm not sure about Mwu's memories, but the memories of Neo Lornnoke would not exist if they weren't inserted artificially. In a sense, Mwu's memories were erased.

*Where does Archangel resupply?

In the harbor controlled by supporting organizations like Terminal, we just don't show them.

*Where does "Angel Springs" aboard the Archangel gets its springs?

From Orb. That country has volcanoes, so of course there's hot springs.

*Was Cagalli's wedding with Jona valid?

No, because she was taken away before she said the oath.

*Why did Athrun give a ruby ring to Cagalli?

Cagalli was born in may, so her birth jewel should be the Emerald...

hmm, I have no idea.

*Why was Dullindal of Kira and Lacus's reunion?

With Lacus as the leader, and Kira as the fighting power, this is a very dangerous combination both in power and influence. If this sort of combination becomes his enemies, then it would be troublesome.

However, if it's not Kira but Athrun, then that would have been easy. Athrun is still searching for his purpose, so all Dullindal needed to do was say nice things to persuade him, and he'd work for Dullindal. Same for Shinn.

*What's a Coordinator?

In these few years, designer babies are highly controversia. You can choose what hair and eye color your children has through genetic engineering.

Take this one step further, then you have 100% healthy children rid of all genetic diseases, with extra intelligence and bodily performance, like faster running, higher recognition of images, or very good and math. People with these sorts of adjustments before they were born, are Coordinators.

*Is there a basis for SEED mode?

You can really put this in numbers. Basically, it's kinda like when you're caught in a huge fire and driven to limits, you exert crazy power. Both Naturals and Coordinators can go SEED - it's something all humans have. But older people don't go SEED in the series, so it seems like it's connected to the future of the younger generation.

*Coordinators cannot have children with people other than the ones that have been chosen for them?

It's not 100% impossible, but it's really hard to go against this. This is something we see in SEED, in that birth rates are lower because of problems with manipulating people's genes. So marriage is controlled based on genetic compatibility. Talia didn't leave Dullindal out of her own choice, but it was a regulation. In other words, there's no freedom of love in this society. But there's some people who firmly believed that Coordinators will overcome the problem of low birth rate, like Patrick Zala. Dullindal was a genetic engineering scientist working under him.

*What is the Destiny Plan?

By checking the person's genes, we can determine what sort of job the person is fit for, and everything else about this person. There'd be no conflicts and displeasure if all employment was based on results of genetic analysis. The Destiny Plan is a plan to achieve this form of society. Dullindal really would've liked people to accept this Plan out of their own choice, rather than strictly enforce it. Dullindal probably was planning for it since SEED.

*What happens to the PLANT council after Dullindal has died?

Back during SEED, a new chairman was elected after a complete reorganization of the council, so perhaps this time it will be rebuilt in a similar fashion. Some say Yzak will be the new chairman. That guy looks like the kind of guy for this job, and his current position is pretty high.

Also there was another interview with Fukada in Newtype (old). http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41457

Edited by azrael

Yzak as the new Chairman. :blink: No...frigging...way. Not to mention he's guilty of treason for his part in the end fight. But wait, that doesn't matter in Seed realm. <_<

Edited by Anubis