Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Hey! At least Athrun's MS didn't get destroyed. Well, the Fatum II did. But it intact! Yay!

If Kira managed to adjust the colours oon the Rouge, surely Athrun could have done the same with IJ. <_<

Just watched episode 50. Man....what a crap ending. It seemed like they had some stuff planned but didn't have the time to animate it. DOM people got crap screen time.... <_<

And I think I felt very deja vu-ish during the final battle. Yay....lacus and archangel saves the day again with 2 uber mecha in METEORS. Mwu la regains his memory...and i swear if he died at that part he was protecting the archangel...i'd shoot the writers.

Ok....question time.

I watched the SEED fansub version so i not sure if it was explained properly. The Destiny Plan is some genome stiffling thing that makes humans into utopian zombies, right? How did he intend to use this? I saw some servers or something being activated on the Messiah....but is it something that he'd have to inject into every individual on earth...or was it sorta like a bio weapon that spreads across the globe?

And 2 seasons have passed and we don't entirely know what's the deal with SUPER COODINATOR SEED Kira Yamato. What makes him so special? Was Kreuze and Rey just prototypes for what would become Kira?

I think i better go read some supporting text. I'm confused at the timeline now. If Kira was so special, how did Zaft allow him to live a normal life on Heliopolis?

See, no one I think really knows why ZAFT had no real idea about Kira, Krueze had to did up information on himself in order to hate humanity so much.

I think the Destiny plan was to go thru a single person's DNA, and find their "Perfect" traits, those traits would send those people to educational schools related to what they'd be perfect act and they fill those roles.

Like if your genes say you'd make a good politican but your a janitor at some highschool, your wasting your talents. So instead they put you into educational programs to be a senator, or leader of a nation. And maybe that politican before you was made to be a janitor, tada here's your mop and bucket.

The Destiny Plan sounded like a spoof from Huxley’s book “Brave New Worldâ€. In that world happiness was achieved by a combination of genetic manipulation, conditioning and drugs. Here's a better summary:

Happy, happy, joy, joy

Don’t know the amount of genetic manipulation the DP had, but if you wanted a stable society you would need it (for example: you can’t have to much people genetically destined to be Gundam series directors because there's a limit ).

And speaking of Kira: what the heck did Orb's leader have to do with his creation?

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Twoducks

The Destiny Plan sounded like a spoof from Huxley’s book “Brave New Worldâ€. In that world happiness was achieved by a combination of genetic manipulation, conditioning and drugs. Here's a better summary:

Happy, happy, joy, joy

Don’t know the amount of genetic manipulation the DP had, but if you wanted a stable society you would need it (for example: you can’t have to much people genetically destined to be Gundam series directors because there's a limit ).

And speaking of Kira: what the heck did Orb's leader have to do with his creation?

EDIT: spelling

335339[/snapback]

Brave New World, exactly what I was thinking when we found out what the Destiny Plan was.

Uzumi didn't really have anything to do with his creation. I don't remember how but Kira and Cagalli ended up in Uzumi's hands after Blue Cosmos killed their parents.

And 2 seasons have passed and we don't entirely know what's the deal with SUPER COODINATOR SEED Kira Yamato. What makes him so special? Was Kreuze and Rey just prototypes for what would become Kira?

I think i better go read some supporting text. I'm confused at the timeline now. If Kira was so special, how did Zaft allow him to live a normal life on Heliopolis?

Kira? Kira came out exactly as planned. That's what being the Ultimate Coordinator is. It's not about being the best (so to speak). But Kira was the only Coordinator in the experiment to come out exactly the way he was designed. No defects, no problems, nothing. Le Crueset was Dr. Hibiki's payment to Al Da Flaga for getting funding from him. Rey was Le Crueset's "donation" to the Ultimate Coordinator program. Rey was a test for the artificial womb.

How did Kira live a normal life on Orb? Because he was raised there. Coordinators aren't just confined to PLANT. There are Coordinators all over the world. Most went to PLANT to escape the discrimination and the hatred toward Coordinators. Some moved to more isolated areas of Earth, some moved to Orb or Scandinavia since they have a more open policy toward Coordinators. Almost all people on PLANT are Coordinators, but not all Coordinators live on PLANT.

How did Kira live a normal life on Orb? Because he was raised there. Coordinators aren't just confined to PLANT. There are Coordinators all over the world. Most went to PLANT to escape the discrimination and the hatred toward Coordinators. Some moved to more isolated areas of Earth, some moved to Orb or Scandinavia since they have a more open policy toward Coordinators. Almost all people on PLANT are Coordinators, but not all Coordinators live on PLANT.

335385[/snapback]

That's not what I meant. I'd think that someone as uber as the Ultimate Coordinator would have more eyes on him, or at least under surveillance or something. But nobody seems to know of Kira's existence except Kreuze, and Rey, who hate Kira so much for making them who they are. Can't remember...did Zala know about the Super Coordinator program?

Another question, when Rey shot Gil and apologised for it , he said somrthing about "Sorry...but my destiny...." . Gil replies "I see". What did Rey meant by that? It sounded like he didn't want to kill Gil, but Kreuze did, so those "destiny" genes he inherited made him do it?

I think the Destiny plan was to go thru a single person's DNA, and find their "Perfect" traits, those traits would send those people to educational schools related to what they'd be perfect act and they fill those roles.

Like if your genes say you'd make a good politican but your a janitor at some highschool, your wasting your talents. So instead they put you into educational programs to be a senator, or leader of a nation. And maybe that politican before you was made to be a janitor, tada here's your mop and bucket.

I think it was more invasive than to just "map" your genome. They probably would somehow stifle your aggresiveness and other traits. Otherwise, people will get unhappy again and wars will start again, which is not what Gil wants. :lol: Otherwise they wouldn't fight a war with Gil just for that.

Anyway I think the whole theme of "Why do we fight?" is getting annoying. Do you guys feel the same? Half the time I'm not sure wth is Lacus saying. Its more like "Do what you want. Follow your hearts" and Kira and Athrun seem to go "Woah...i've been bestowed infinite wisdom. OMGBBQ, Lacus, you're the answer to all my questions". <_<

Just went on a GSD marathon during the weekend, and i was wondering: Is it just me or is Shinn always pwned from episodes 40 to 50 by either one Athrun Zala or by an uber coordinator who goes by the name, Kira Yamato? :ph34r: And i thought the whole time that Shinn was supposed to be the lead character or something in this series. <_<

Man every time I watched Shinn get pwned I always remeber this. :ph34r:

As my new year's resolution, I'm never gonna watched new gundam shows if it will have endings as crappy as GSD's. :rolleyes:

Edited by grss1982

Well to be fair for Shinn, you have to admit he did have alot of those pwning moments, like how he pwned a coupla Destroys and pwned Kira, as well as pwned Athrun in a Gouf. ;)

Well on the bright side, Luna's still alive and well, despite my worse fears.

Anyway I think the whole theme of "Why do we fight?" is getting annoying. Do you guys feel the same? Half the time I'm not sure wth is Lacus saying. Its more like "Do what you want. Follow your hearts" and Kira and Athrun seem to go "Woah...i've been bestowed infinite wisdom. OMGBBQ, Lacus, you're the answer to all my questions".  <_<

335397[/snapback]

No, you're not the only one who thought Lacus made no sense whatsoever. Even in Seed when she was talking Athrun down from shooting her, her speech made no sense in my mind. Every single damn time they give her some moment of wisdom, she usually just says the same ol thing - "Follow your heart. Do what you want to do." If I listened to that, I would have been, "Gee thanks for the useless advice. How is that supposed to get us to overcome the enemy's superior firepower and resources?!" Kira is just as inane too whenever he tries to communicate exactly WHY it is wrong to fight.

Athrun - "Kira! Why is it wrong to fight?"

Kira - "...because..."

Athrun - "But WHY?! We are being attacked! Our colonies are being destroyed!!"

Kira - "Hmmm... good question. Let me ask Lacus."

Well to be fair for Shinn, you have to admit he did have alot of those pwning moments, like how he pwned a coupla Destroys and pwned Kira, as well as pwned Athrun in a Gouf. ;)

335428[/snapback]

Agreed. ;)

But if you've noticed Shinn pwned Athrun using his uber Destiny MS with Rey tagging along in the Legend against Athrun's GOuF? and Kira was pwned while he was still using "Freedom," but when Kira got the Strike Freedom, Shinn could'nt pwn him anymore, WTF?

Hey, here's a question. What happened to that big extraterrestrial skeleton that was so important to ZAFT, back at the beginning of SEED? Am I not supposed to remember that thing anymore?

335453[/snapback]

That's a big mystery as you actually see it in Astray R. And the weird thing was, there is another one that is actually living in the sea on Earth. It was the object that rescued Liam from plunging into the depths. How the hell George Glenn found it near Jupiter I don't know. But George Glenn is actually still alive anyway, so maybe he'll explain about we'll see in Astray X.

That's not what I meant. I'd think that someone as uber as the Ultimate Coordinator would have more eyes on him, or at least under surveillance or something. But nobody seems to know of Kira's existence except Kreuze, and Rey, who hate Kira so much for making them who they are. Can't remember...did Zala know about the Super Coordinator program?

The hospital/facility was attacked by BC extremists. Hibiki, his wife and most of the scientists perished and it was believed that the children (Kira and Cagalli) also died. In all the chaos, they would have disappeared. Later the Mendel colony was sterilized after a bio-chemical attack so no one ever thought about going back.

Very few people knew about the actual Ultimate Coordinator experiment. It was a research topic when it started. The failure rate was high and produced very little results (like Carnard Pars, who was a failure of the program). When a success did come (Kira), the facility was attacked and everybody believed all the worked perished. If they did know about, then they would have thought it all went up in smoke when the facility was attacked.

Another question, when Rey shot Gil and apologised for it , he said somrthing about "Sorry...but my destiny...." . Gil replies "I see". What did Rey meant by that? It sounded like he didn't want to kill Gil, but Kreuze did, so those "destiny" genes he inherited made him do it?

That's kinda what he said...

It goes back to the fight. Rey believed he had no future, being a clone of Le Crueset. After Rau died, Gil told Rey that he was Rau, i.e. you are Rau in every way, that's your life. He believed his fate would be the same, i.e. he would not have a future, that there was no alternative. Kira's reply was Rey was not living Rau's life. He didn't have to do everything like Rau. Rey's life was Rey's and no one elses. When Rey said "But he [Kira]...wishes for a future...", he realized he had a future, an uncertain future. One where he didn't have to live Rau's life.

But George Glenn is actually still alive anyway, so maybe he'll explain about we'll see in Astray X.

Kinda....I don't know if you could consider his preserved brain as him being alive... <_<

Edited by azrael

Thanks for the input, Azrael. ;)

I don't know nuts about the MSV and manga storylines, which i suppose would clear things up abit.

Hey, here's a question. What happened to that big extraterrestrial skeleton that was so important to ZAFT, back at the beginning of SEED? Am I not supposed to remember that thing anymore?

Here's food for thought for a future SEED sequel. World is in chaos now. Both ZAFT and EA have no leaders. There will be factions and everybody wants to be leader. The world is at war....again. <_< Call it the Dark Age of SEED. :lol:

Lacus tries to unite the world but without a sizeable army and people losing trust to her, she finds it difficult. blablabla.....aliens called The Swarm attack and ZAFT and EA have to band together to fight it off. :D

It would be interesting to see Gundams fighting off Uchu Seishins (Space monsters). :lol:

Thanks for the input, Azrael. ;)

I don't know nuts about the MSV and manga storylines, which i suppose would clear things up abit.

Here's food for thought for a future SEED sequel. World is in chaos now. Both ZAFT and EA have no leaders. There will be factions and everybody wants to be leader. The world is at war....again. <_< Call it the Dark Age of SEED. :lol:

Lacus tries to unite the world but without a sizeable army and people losing trust to her, she finds it difficult. blablabla.....aliens called The Swarm attack and ZAFT and EA have to band together to fight it off. :D

It would be interesting to see Gundams fighting off Uchu Seishins (Space monsters). :lol:

335466[/snapback]

Should'nt it be more interesting if gundams were fighting 40-50 foot tall humanoids piloting Qraus/power armor? ;) Just Kidding. :p

But seriously would anybody really love seeing gundams figthing hordes of aliens? :unsure: IIRC, Gundam shows have always been known as a struggle/war among humans not humans vs. aliens war.

Anyway all these theories of aliens in gundam shows could certainly be answered if its was made clear WTF Evidence 01 is, right?

But seriously would anybody really love seeing gundams figthing hordes of aliens?  IIRC, Gundam shows have always been known as a struggle/war among humans not humans vs. aliens war.

And show how humans only would unite under a single cause or threat. The irony of war. Why not? ;) Change it a little.

But George Glenn is actually still alive anyway, so maybe he'll explain about we'll see in Astray X.

Kinda....I don't know if you could consider his preserved brain as him being alive... <_<

335458[/snapback]

Yes I know that its a silly point to bring up, but he is able to think for himself and still interact with other people.

335428[/snapback]

Agreed. ;)

But if you've noticed Shinn pwned Athrun using his uber Destiny MS with Rey tagging along in the Legend against Athrun's GOuF? and Kira was pwned while he was still using "Freedom," but when Kira got the Strike Freedom, Shinn could'nt pwn him anymore, WTF?

335442[/snapback]

I think it's pretty straight forward, shinn only beat athurun and kira because one... shinn was in a newer model each time he won and more importantly neith kira nor athurun were particularly set in mind to beat shinn when they lost.

Some late background info...more to come as it's translated

(Courtesy of AnimeSuki)

-Says among other things that Rey is a clone of Al da Fllaga, not Rau.

mmmkay.....So I guess we were wrong about Rey. So how many other clones are there? (Don't know if we can count Prayer as a Flaga clone at the moment)

-Akatsuki has mirror coating which gives a golden look - it isn't made of gold though but the mirror coating is very expensive.

This kinda follows what Mark Simmons has noted from the Strike Rouge PG manual.

Using a special "Yata-no-Kagami" mirror-coated armor created via nano-scale engineering, it can reflect almost 100 percent of a beam's energy. However, the cost of this special armor is equivalent to that of more than twenty ordinary mobile suits. Since this machine wasn't complete, the Rouge was developed instead, and the Akatsuki was eventually completed after the signing of the Junius Treaty.

-In PLANT, marriage is regulated based on people's genes The regulation seems pretty heavy actually, and people are often not able to marry for love, which is causing the birth rate to fall. It's because of those regulations that Talia left Gilbert (so she could have a child). Gilbert was actually working for Patrick Zala to try to help resolve these problems.

Talk about your loveless marriges....

Edited by azrael

I think it's pretty straight forward, shinn only beat athurun and kira because one... shinn was in a newer model each time he won and more importantly neith kira nor athurun were particularly set in mind to beat shinn when they lost.

335522[/snapback]

Ha, that's a good one, reminds me of the movie Maverick when Mel Gibson was taking money from some snot nose punk in a poker game.

Punk: "I don't think that hand should count"

Mel: "Why do you say that? Is there any logical reason why that hand shouldn't count?"

Punk: "Cause, my mind, it wasn't on the game."

Sound familiar? "I lost to that Shinn kid, cause, well, my mind, it wasn't on the fight."

Impulse was newer than Freedom, heh, so are the Zakus, Windams, Murasames, Goufs, and the other gundams. But newer models didn't do much there, did it?

335522[/snapback]

Ha, that's a good one, reminds me of the movie Maverick when Mel Gibson was taking money from some snot nose punk in a poker game.

Punk: "I don't think that hand should count"

Mel: "Why do you say that? Is there any logical reason why that hand shouldn't count?"

Punk: "Cause, my mind, it wasn't on the game."

Sound familiar? "I lost to that Shinn kid, cause, well, my mind, it wasn't on the fight."

Impulse was newer than Freedom, heh, so are the Zakus, Windams, Murasames, Goufs, and the other gundams. But newer models didn't do much there, did it?

335569[/snapback]

I didn't say those wins didn't count... regardless of why they lost, they still got beat down all the same.

the difference is that zakus and blah blah blah are all production model MS... the impulse was a top of the line gundam.. even if it didn't have a reactor.. it's response time armor could have been better than the freedom's and.. you have to consider that it took 2 impulse gundam units to actually beat freedom.

the difference is that zakus and blah blah blah are all production model MS... the impulse was a top of the line gundam.. even if it didn't have a reactor.. it's response time armor could have been better than the freedom's and.. you have to consider that it took 2 impulse gundam units to actually beat freedom.

335632[/snapback]

So, the implication is that the prototypes from two years ago are still far away superior to the most recent production models that is supposed to have incorporated all the best features. Well, given Akatsuki, I guess that's the logic of gundams. Although I seriously doubt that in UC, the original RX-87 could've stood up to a Hi-Zack. But then, we can use the excuse that there was a seven year difference between the models right? But I digress, I'm in Seed land where logic doesn't apply very well.

Oh, and Chaos, Gaia, Abyss, Saviour, those weren't exactly bottom of the pile gundams either, none of those were production models. And they were all the "latest version." After all, didn't you watch the episode where Chaos was giving Saviour a run for its money? Or how about the episode, where the top of the line Impulse was duking it out with the subpar Gaia, didn't see either one of those getting owned.

And of course, what about when Yzak and Athrun beat up on the Gundams, I don't know, those Zakus looks like production models to me. Oh, I guess Yzak's doesn't count since he had a custom paint job.

Finally, it took two Impulses to beat Freedom, hmmm, we need to give that phantom Impulse pilot half the credit too then, oh wait, there wasn't a phantom Impulse pilot. Heh, still sounds like an excuse. "My mind, t'wasn't on da fight, his Gundam, OMFG, it can split in two and he has spare parts, UNFAIR.... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

335632[/snapback]

So, the implication is that the prototypes from two years ago are still far away superior to the most recent production models that is supposed to have incorporated all the best features. Well, given Akatsuki, I guess that's the logic of gundams. Although I seriously doubt that in UC, the original RX-87 could've stood up to a Hi-Zack. But then, we can use the excuse that there was a seven year difference between the models right? But I digress, I'm in Seed land where logic doesn't apply very well.

Oh, and Chaos, Gaia, Abyss, Saviour, those weren't exactly bottom of the pile gundams either, none of those were production models. And they were all the "latest version." After all, didn't you watch the episode where Chaos was giving Saviour a run for its money? Or how about the episode, where the top of the line Impulse was duking it out with the subpar Gaia, didn't see either one of those getting owned.

And of course, what about when Yzak and Athrun beat up on the Gundams, I don't know, those Zakus looks like production models to me. Oh, I guess Yzak's doesn't count since he had a custom paint job.

Finally, it took two Impulses to beat Freedom, hmmm, we need to give that phantom Impulse pilot half the credit too then, oh wait, there wasn't a phantom Impulse pilot. Heh, still sounds like an excuse. "My mind, t'wasn't on da fight, his Gundam, OMFG, it can split in two and he has spare parts, UNFAIR.... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

335643[/snapback]

nothing you said makes any sense. The production model MS suits based off of Strike and its kin were easily able to handle kira in the strike rogue. The current production line units were pretty clearly based off of those units. Gaia and abyss and whatever are obviously upgrades from the last version of those suits from SEED

Akatsuki was a top secret gundam unit that never fought before and its data analyzed.

Impluse is pretty easily recognized as the new top of the line gundam. it had nifty features that were present in any other gundam. So you don't think that it is possible... at all... that the newest gundam could do even one thing better than last years model?

but I digress, in fanboy world, everything has to conform to your view of "logic." Logic... right.. a world where giant robots dress up like samurai and fight with laser swords...

In the original UC. technology progressed much more slowly... and why are you even bringing this up anyways? fanboy. what.. my favorite gundam can beat up your favorite gundam?

And yeah.. freedom took saviour apart... when athurun was pretty much just standing there and trying to have a conversation... really doesn't count as a fight.. except for in fanboy land... boohoo for you.

And what about Chaos, Gaia and Abyss... Kira didn't take out any of them.. the only one he even hurt was abyss and that one was diving away from him. And... so what? in pretty much every piece of fiction you have crap like this.. the good guy can't beat the bad guy until the very end.. like in rocky, or terminator or star wars or anything else... the whole: gee, why didn't they do that from the beginning? arguement is just lame... because then there wouldn't be a show, would there?

and oh my god, are you some sort of idiot? yes.. kira took out impulse gundam.. blew it up to little pieces and then shinn took the core and attached it another frame.. that makes two suits. See, if you take one car... and blow it up and you take the dashboard and stick it in an entirely new car of the same make and model, that doesn't mean you have just one car... that makes it two cars.

And yes, athurun in a zaku held off some MS and why is it that the earthlings didn't build more AA class ships? And how come the didn't use the NJ cancel thingies in all their suits? And how come they didn't just put the mirage colloidal crap on everything and how come if kira was some super coordinator did they not just more of him and blah blah blah... because it's a FREAKING TV SHOW

and you still don't freaking get it? SEED is EVERYTHING about knowing why you are fighting.. what you're fighting for.. and blah blah blah.. it is not a meaningfull or realistic depiction of warefare. good god, it's a freaking show about kids who pilot giant robots. Kira is the good guy..he's going to win in the end. get over it.

go and cry some more how the totally FREE tv show made you feel sad. boohoo. your favorite little blah blah blah didn't win against the evil blah blah you don't like... whine whine whine.

Woah...some people are bitter. :rolleyes:

In any case, none of that matters anymore.

Hey...i don't think Athrun went into seed mode once in this whole show, did he? I might've missed it though. I mean....even Lacus herself went into "freaky seed mode" towards the end, just like season 1. If Kira Yamato was the only successful experiment in that super coordinator program, why are there other super coordinators like Shinn, Athrun, and assumedly Lacus as well? We might get a flashback in season 3 where all of them shared the same nursery or something and then they go their seperate ways when blue cosmos attacks the facility or something.... <_<

na.... Athrun went SEED mode 2 times,, once on 43 in his injure state to Slice off Destiny's right Arm and the 2nd time in Ep 50 to Save Luna from Shinn then slice off both of Destiny's Arm and right leg.

Athrun was pretty good thought and in the Fight it does see like he can take on Shinn even without seed mode on and still gaining a upper hand,, so i see Athrun enabling SEED mode just for that extra securty measure like "OMG Shinn gonna kill Luna, better save her" or "oh no, I think I'm lossing too much blood, better end it as quickly ASAP".. :p

What Eugimon Previous said is pretty logical. When anyone is Face against a higher skilled pilot that have more experience, and have a suit that's equal or better then his own which is also mind set on taking you down. The normal outcome of that is you lossing. Sure enough there's a chance that you can win too but that will depend on LUCK.

Edited by F360°

na.... Athrun went SEED mode 2 times,, once on 43 in his injure state to Slice off Destiny's right Arm and the 2nd time in Ep 50 to Save Luna from Shinn then slice off both of Destiny's Arm and right leg.

335673[/snapback]

Ahh ok....shows howmuch i've been paying attention. :rolleyes:

If Kira Yamato was the only successful experiment in that super coordinator program, why are there other super coordinators like Shinn, Athrun, and assumedly Lacus as well? We might get a flashback in season 3 where all of them shared the same nursery or something and then they go their seperate ways when blue cosmos attacks the facility or something.... <_<

335667[/snapback]

Going into SEED mode has nothing to do with being a Coordinator or an Ultimate Coordinator. It's just a visual representation of someone going beyond their limits. At the end of SEED, Cagalli went into SEED mode too, and she's just a Natural. How Lacus surpasses her limits by sitting in a chair on a battleship is anybody's guess, but that's how it is.

They should have had Neuman go into SEED mode and throw the Archangel around like it was some mobile armor on horse steroids.

335706[/snapback]

haha,, I would love to see that. Neuman going SEED mode then drive the ARchangel around and ramming into mobile suits like they are bugs on a windshield.

They should have had Neuman go into SEED mode and throw the Archangel around like it was some mobile armor on horse steroids.

335706[/snapback]

haha,, I would love to see that. Neuman going SEED mode then drive the ARchangel around and ramming into mobile suits like they are bugs on a windshield.

335711[/snapback]

:)

would love to see that as well. :lol:

The show made 4 fatal mistakes thanks to the piss poor writing staff.

1)Stealing the show away from the Minerva crew and making then 2nd to the Archangel people. The AA people acted stupidly and arrogantly the whole show. What exactly makes them right? The show shifted to "Kira and Lacus are always right" and put way too much focus on Orb.

2)Removing the balance between mobile suits.

Initially the Zakus were on par with the Gundams and everyone fought evenly. After the Minerva left Orb the balancew went to hell. Shinn vs 20 Windams without a scratch. Rey and Luna forced to stand on the deck of the ship and shoot at the air. Why there were no flight packs for the Zakus I can only guess was intentional so they wouldn't have to do as much with their characters and let Impulse ande Savior do the bulk of the action. As soon as Freedom came in it all went to hell with the Freedom on a super high pedastal above everything, which shouldn't have been that far of a gap, nuclear powered or not. The writers decided to make Freedom the ultimate MS, when with all these new models should have been closer to performance. It shouldn't have had as high a level of Dominance. With S-Freedom it got worse. Justice got a more reasonable upgrade, but S-Freedom was ridiculous. Having never touched Dragoons before, Kira downs 25 Zakus and Goufs in 2 minutes, than disables 3 ships. Bull. Destiny and Legend were also supermachines completely owning the Destroys, yet the poor writing left them 2nd class to Kira and Athrun. IF the MS stayed on a more level field like they were in the beginning it would have been better IMO. They beefed up Freedom's ability so much it was stupid. Just because it was nuclear, and just because Kira was superman.

IMO they should have just rebuilt Freedom as it was, except with beam shields. He could have handled Legend fine, he already fought Providence. Justice's upgrade was far more reasonable. The balancing was ruined in the second half of the show and became a super-robot series.

3)EA became ZAFT's bitch.

The EA was demoted to stupidity the instant the Minerva left Orb. The Windam was supposed to be a substantial improvement over the Dagger, yet Impulse routinely fought 20 at a time. The 2nd gen Mobile Armor idea was a good one, yet squandered with only a couple here and there, and by the end of the show got smacked by Destiny without any hassle. The Destroy should have been a nasty opponent. It was apparrent in the first model that Impulse could have destroyed it himself if Stellar wasn't in there. He didn't need help from Kira. Shinn had it covered. (This also fits with #2 above for poor balancing). For all it's weapons and badassness, it was smacked around by any good guy v-fin. 5 at Heaven's base should have been a holy crap monent, and it was, for 10 seconds, at which point the Minerva's 3 gundams beat them without a sweat. That was piss poor writing. The EA got completely owned by Zaft when it should have been a much more challenging fight. There were possiblilites for several hard drawn out fights, kill 'em all style, but instead we had rushed battles where the best the EA had wasn't worth nuts. This is in large part to #4.

4: TOO MANY DAMN RECAPS

They spent so much time on recaps and other wasted time they couldn't get the plot points they wanted done, had to rush in other elements, and had to totally rush and trip over the ending. The final 10 episodes had a recap, and episode wasted on Meer (who could have been handled much more effectively earlier) and then another recap after her little accident. The end result was a sloppily rushed psuedo ending that has pissed off the vast majority of the people that watched it. It didn't even end properly. No closure, battle over, the end. Even the final credits were a damned recap.

This is a perfect example of why you plan out your storyline before you start production, even if it takes a little longer to air. Quality control. This show was made up as they went along, and the writing staff failed miserable. Just by strealing the show away form the already interesting Minerva crew, and then throwing the Mobile Suit balance in the garbage they set the show on a path to ruin.

Edited by Anubis