Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Random Comments and Notes:

-Archangel/Eternal vs. Minerva. Let's face it...Minerva is gonna be pwned. It's a 2 on 1. Unless Murrue tells Andy to get his ass to the relay point.

326554[/snapback]

Does the Eternal have enough firepower to make a difference anyway?

Random Comments and Notes:

-Archangel/Eternal vs. Minerva. Let's face it...Minerva is gonna be pwned. It's a 2 on 1. Unless Murrue tells Andy to get his ass to the relay point.

326554[/snapback]

Does the Eternal have enough firepower to make a difference anyway?

329059[/snapback]

With the Meteors attached, yes. If not, then not really.

even if it is just drawing fire it will make a difference... imo

329086[/snapback]

Eternal has a couple of things going for it. Speed and support. Eternal is a fast ship. Faster than Archangel. What she lacks in firepower, she makes up in speed. In terms of support, she has one of the best anti-air defense systems and was designed to support for Freedom and Justice. Minus Minerva, Eternal has more anti-air defenses than any other ZAFT ship.

even if it is just drawing fire it will make a difference... imo

329086[/snapback]

Eternal has a couple of things going for it. Speed and support. Eternal is a fast ship. Faster than Archangel. What she lacks in firepower, she makes up in speed. In terms of support, she has one of the best anti-air defense systems and was designed to support for Freedom and Justice. Minus Minerva, Eternal has more anti-air defenses than any other ZAFT ship.

329106[/snapback]

It must be frustrating though, it can only pick away at the Minerva with it's loadout.

Just watched 45, 46 and 47. I actually thought that 47 was good, even though it was recap. <_< The reason is that is brought closure to the Mia fiasco. I only hope that the rest of the episodes can bring a satisfactory closure to the season in general, and some more action with Infinite Justice, if it hasn't already, I'm probably behind.....

What would be cool to see would be for Archangel to time the fireing times of it's Lohengrins and "rapid fire" them at the Minerva.

329174[/snapback]

Well, now that Minerva is the "bad ship," we can safely assume that it'll be ripped to shreds shortly by Archangel and Eternal. They'll run circles around poor Minerva and then wipe out that poor ZAFT ship. Heh heh. All the other ZAFT ships supporting Minerva will just be simple cannon fodder.

Eternal is as far as we can all tell is just a fast carrier for just the Justice and Freedom. Supposed to be a ZAFT battleship, but that's more Minerva, and I would equal Eternal to a WWII class fast aircraft carrier. It's about equivalent with its anti-air capabilities, the only thing it is really missing is lots and lots of MS. But it's pretty obvious that it can carry more than two. From the looks of things, at least four, probably more like seven or eight.

But I'm surprised that given the rapid technological advancements in CE, that Eternal and AA are still considered modern ships.

So does anyone have any idea on when Gundam Seed Destiny is coming out in the USofA? I am patiently waiting when I found out that it's coming out in the fall of this year after the final volume of Gundam Seed is distributed maybe I'll check out Bandai's site for the answer. :mellow:

So does anyone have any idea on when Gundam Seed Destiny is coming out in the USofA? I am patiently waiting when I found out that it's coming out in the fall of this year after the final volume of Gundam Seed is distributed maybe I'll check out Bandai's site for the answer. :mellow:

329214[/snapback]

Word was, they were trying to get it on CN. As for DVD release, late 2005/early 2006. They started dubbing around July of this year.

Just thinkin too, now that the Legend is in Space and has revealed it's full potential, Energy-shields are now pretty much uselesss if the Legend has it's two main DRAGOONS flying at you. If you can't shoot it down, and it's coming full-ball at you with it's beam-drill-bits, you're screwed no matter who you are.

Just thinkin too, now that the Legend is in Space and has revealed it's full potential, Energy-shields are now pretty much uselesss if the Legend has it's two main DRAGOONS flying at you. If you can't shoot it down, and it's coming full-ball at you with it's beam-drill-bits, you're screwed no matter who you are.

329262[/snapback]

Kira can probbaly dodge them and Athrun can kick them. I cant wait to see all 4 super Gundams in action. Atleast thats something good that comes from this show.

329262[/snapback]

Well not quite, Legend can be just as screwed if Mwu or Kira got their DRAGOONs behind him. Mwu would probably have a slight advantage with the beam reflecting armor forcing Legend to take him on close combat or use the beam drills.

Ok, like previously mentioned in the thread ep 48 is boring. few things of note, ray finally reveals that he's a clone to shin, which suprises him. we knew this already.

Secondly orbs been buzy, in GS they only really had the Kusanagi, now they have the Kusanagi and mutiple Izumo(?) class ships. and Eternals got it self some back up with some support ships. i hope we'll get some good ship to ship battles in the last eps, to ease the pain a little.

Earlier in the thread there was debate on AA/Eternal vs Minerva, so id thought id toss my two cents in. AA and Minverva nearly have equil firepower, id give to the edge to minerva, because minerva has better defense and anti missle capablities, and a higher MS complement. AA is of cource more manuverable and has a better helmsman to boot, the Gottfried(spell?) are i would say on par with minerva's tanhouser. id say as weve seen, its pretty even.

the wild card here is Eternal, In GS we are pretty much told, its a support ship for freedom and justice, it can use the meteors as turrets, but it wont because those will be in use for other things.;). The question we should be asking ourselves is, Was eternal upgraded after GS? Eternal is already the fastest ship made by Zaft, i would say even faster than minerva. making it a good ship to use to take the heat off AA. but i think with its speed,and the fact it does have some weapons, it might put some "peck" shots at minerva. id like to see what neuman(AA helsmman) could pull off with a fast ship like Eternal.

All in all, lets hope the last 2 eps ease the pain.

I didn't find anything wrong with ep. 48. But that's due to the fact that the next and final 2 episodes will be action and much will be happening in the next 2 weeks. So consider this your last rest stop.

If they left the METEORs on the Eternal and gave Neuman the helm, Eternal would factor in more like a giant mobile armor than a capital ship.

Minerva wouldn't stand much of a chance if Eternal and Archangel effectivly tagteamed it. Eternal could use it's defensive capability to cover the Archangel, while Archangel focused on attacking. Only thing is, can Eternal's helmsman keep up with Neuman.

Well, at least 48 sets up the last 2 episodes.  Episode 47 was a complete waste of time.  They could have used 47's budget for more action scenes and less recycled footage.

329504[/snapback]

I don't think 47 was a waste of time at all... lacus awakening and assuming responsibility for who she is and the role she could play as a political leader is a key moment in her development... athurun, kira, lacus and cagalli were the key players in the last war and could have shaped how things turned out by force of will and charisma... instead each chose to go into hiding or to turn away from their responsilbity...

so now kira does more than react, he looks to actively pursue the next step

athurun as well...

cagalli is finally becoming a true leader by assuming responsiblity

and now, with meer's sacrifice, lacus is steping forward in her role as a sort of spiritual and political leader/figurehead...

destiny is all about the characters either being true to themselves, or living/obeying others. This moment was important for lacus' character.

Any ideas on when Soundtrack IV comes out, the only song I really like from GSD appears at the beggining of the series but until now it hasn't appeared on any of the 3 soundtracks, by the way, if any of you guys have this one please tell me where you got it or send it to my email, is the song when Kira is asked to pilot the freedom again on that episode when some comandos were trying to kill Lakus, I can't remember the episode, but it's pretty obvious wich one, it's the first time Freedom appears on this series, the song starts with piano tunes. Help please and TIA! ;)

Any ideas on when Soundtrack IV comes out, the only song I really like from GSD appears at the beggining of the series but until now it hasn't appeared on any of the 3 soundtracks, by the way, if any of you guys have this one please tell me where you got it or send it to my email, is the song when Kira is asked to pilot the freedom again on that episode when some comandos were trying to kill Lakus, I can't remember the episode, but it's pretty obvious wich one, it's the first time Freedom appears on this series, the song starts with piano tunes. Help please and TIA! ;)

329598[/snapback]

Hmmm let me check that out.

Ep 13 was the hit attempt. I believe the piano song was pulled from the 1st series, just like song that played next was.

Edited by Anubis

Really weak. God, i'm just so disappointed with the way Destiny ended up being treated. I really hope they fire Fukuda for the next series. All i'll be tuning in for for the next two eps are the fight scenes, and i'm sure they'll even skimp on that!

Have we seen MC being used again?  Don't think so... just pathetic.  The excuse that all the fans make for oversight like this: "it's too expensive"

327975[/snapback]

that would be funny, when they enter in battle you just see the stars. would make each episode a lot cheaper.

already watched till episode 48 of gsd, they should name episode 50: massive zentradi attack, lol. but imho it would save the show for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still think Athrun should end up with Meyrin.

Interesting how Dullindal called Rey and Shinn over to Messiah. That only leaves Impulse left on the Minerva, while Dullindal uses his Faith guys as shields or directs them himself. Now for that I would have hoped Dullindal would have gathered all of Faith together and send them out. That would be an interesting fight. Odds are it's just Rey and Shinn though.

One thing that bothers me is all of a sudden Lacus has a fleet backing her? Ms. Peace had a bunch of ships playing possum until called for?

BTW does the MMM GQ Force Impulse have the Folding Razor knives as accessories?

I hope that the last two eps stretches out into a long fight. It'll make it worth it. But yeah, the only thing that sucks about Destiny is that there are so many recaps.

Destiny has to be good to warrant a sequel. With several recaps at the end, I doubt that it would gain any favour.

I also wanted the affair with Mwu and Murrue seeing some sort of closure. And also Shinn's choice of who to side with.

One thing that bothers me is all of a sudden Lacus has a fleet backing her?  Ms. Peace had a bunch of ships playing possum until called for?

329717[/snapback]

Athrun should end up with Cagalli, ideally they profess their undying love for each other, and 30 seconds later, a big ass meteor flattens them both.

As for the big fleet, I'm sure there is some good explanation for it. Like Lacus was really the evil genius any way, she had a secret fleet all stashed up at her beck and call, at least that would track in with her factory. Gawd, a factory for military hardware that's obviously been there for a long time. Only a kid would think that's a last minute addition.

This adds to the bitch explanation of course, she had all this capabilities on her side, and she decides to sit on the sidelines and do nothing while people suffered...

I think I like the idea of evil Lacus, evil Lacus is sexy, where is good Lacus seem to be a bumbling incompetent boob. :p

Edited by kalvasflam

Interesting how Dullindal called Rey and Shinn over to Messiah. That only leaves Impulse left on the Minerva, while Dullindal uses his Faith guys as shields or directs them himself. Now for that I would have hoped Dullindal would have gathered all of Faith together and send them out. That would be an interesting fight. Odds are it's just Rey and Shinn though.

Rey and Shinn are the 2 FAITH members he can control the most. When Talia argued against capturing Athrun and Meyrin, Dullindal gave her the cold stare. Heine didn't even know why he was being tossed around in assignments.

One thing that bothers me is all of a sudden Lacus has a fleet backing her? Ms. Peace had a bunch of ships playing possum until called for?

Terminal is a very large information network. And this is between EA, ZAFT and ORB. It's not surprising they would even have a small army as well. Although, judging by those 250m-class, those look old, pre-MS-refit ships. Probably leftovers.

The only 2 MS the Clynes made is SF and IJ. The DOMs were acquired when ZAFT scrapped them for the ZAKU.

Terminal is a very large information network. And this is between EA, ZAFT and ORB. It's not surprising they would even have a small army as well. Although, judging by those 250m-class, those look old, pre-MS-refit ships. Probably leftovers.

The only 2 MS the Clynes made is SF and IJ. The DOMs were acquired when ZAFT scrapped them for the ZAKU.

329746[/snapback]

Terminal? Very late to be introducing yet another faction I'd say. But ah well, given the state of the storyline, why not.... I figure, we'll get a very one sided battle, and the story ends abruptly with Dullindal dying or some such thing. All I can say is, great, let the slaughter commence. :D