Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Does the opening in SEED ever reveal the MBF-02 Red Frame anywhere? The Manga says so, but I can't see it.

327710[/snapback]

I assume you mean MBF-P02 Red Frame (MBF-02 is Strike Rouge). Yes. Look at the animation for "Invoke" (GS ep. 1-12).

Edited by azrael

BTW, my HG 1/100 Strike Freedom shipped from HLJ....I guess the stock is coming in.

327582[/snapback]

When did you order it? Did you get the one with the stand?

327584[/snapback]

I ordered in early August. I don't know if mines comes with a stand yet. I'll know in a few days.

327675[/snapback]

I had to look this up first to know what you're talking about bt now I've found it on HLJ. I shouldn't really be surprised, but I am nonethless.

They've started putting ltd first press extras into model kits now... :blink:

So...

MAJOR FLAME/TROLL ALERT....

Is Seed the dumbest, least compelling, and unoriginal Gundam installments ever?

Doest Seed Destiny any better?

DISCLAIMER:

I ask this only having watched the disgusting, horrible dub on Cartoon Network.

327734[/snapback]

Well it is a sorta rehash of the original series..... <_<

Like I commented before on the technology aspect. The SEED universe in two series has basiclly blown through about 100 years worth of UC technology(sourced from) in as little as 3 to 5 on screen years. It's insane, especially since they don't even bother attempting to show just why this jump in technology took place or why even certain technology was made. No thought at all was given to how certain technology would logically be used before being introduced. Mirage Colloid system for example. Cloak a mobile suit then cloak a ship. Nothing stopping them from cloaking nukes or other such weapons. The fact that it isn't used (cost being to high is a bs excuse for this universe to use) is one major plot hole that has never been filled cause there is nothing stopping them now. All PLANTs and ZAFT bases on Earth should have been destoryed the second the EA got the plans for the NJC. Things like that just stand out so much in my opinion. No thought was given to this at all. For a show suppose to be getting a lot of money and attention, a horrible job was done on actual planning and common sense.

This isn't new though but I'm amazed at the amount of people that haven't even considered this part of the show or act like it doesn't even matter from plot and story points of view.

Effect, that's a great point --

The whole Coordinator thing is crap from the very start. Unexplicably, amazingly, and utterly superior human beings, who just "know" things that experts who've devoted their whole lives to cannot figure out (i.e. the Gundam OS, the ability to pilot mecha, etc. etc.)

You would think that if the Coordinators actually were so amazingly superior to normal human beings, they would never have needed to steal the Mobile suits - just design your own as a weekend science class project, and then go take over the Earth with them.

I got tired of waiting for Harotori and went straight for Seed Fansubs. Man...that REQUIEM makes the Junius 7 incident seem mild. Junius 7 was just one colony, Requiem destroyed i think 3 colonies in one go, but for the number people who've died, they didn't make it look as if it was significant enough. Dullindal just goes, "those bastards....attack!" :blink:

Wow not only are kira and athrun uber MS pilots, they can take on all the assasins on their own....mostly Athrun cause he was Zaft military. :p If they knew it was gonna be a trap, why not just get Mwu to fly on in, pickup Meer and run. Sheesh.

Next episode is gonna be a Meer recap? Gawd help us. <_<

I got tired of waiting for Harotori and went straight for Seed Fansubs. Man...that REQUIEM makes the Junius 7 incident seem mild. Junius 7 was just one colony, Requiem destroyed i think 3 colonies in one go, but for the number people who've died, they didn't make it look as if it was significant enough. Dullindal just goes, "those bastards....attack!"  :blink:

Wow not only are kira and athrun uber MS pilots, they can take on all the assasins on their own....mostly Athrun cause he was Zaft military. :p If they knew it was gonna be a trap, why not just get Mwu to fly on in, pickup Meer and run. Sheesh.

Next episode is gonna be a Meer recap? Gawd help us.  <_<

327800[/snapback]

Sry dude, ure a week behind in the show schedule, recap episode is that, recap, like most of Seed Destiny :p

Does the opening in SEED ever reveal the MBF-02 Red Frame anywhere? The Manga says so, but I can't see it.

327710[/snapback]

I assume you mean MBF-P02 Red Frame (MBF-02 is Strike Rouge). Yes. Look at the animation for "Invoke" (GS ep. 1-12).

327718[/snapback]

Thanks, that is what I looked at, but I will look at it closer. Thanks for confirming.

Like I commented before on the technology aspect. The SEED universe in two series has basiclly blown through about 100 years worth of UC technology(sourced from) in as little as 3 to 5 on screen years. It's insane, especially since they don't even bother attempting to show just why this jump in technology took place or why even certain technology was made. No thought at all was given to how certain technology would logically be used before being introduced.  Mirage Colloid system for example. Cloak a mobile suit then cloak a ship. Nothing stopping them from cloaking nukes or other such weapons. The fact that it isn't used (cost being to high is a bs excuse for this universe to use) is one major plot hole that has never been filled cause there is nothing stopping them now. All PLANTs and ZAFT bases on Earth should have been destoryed the second the EA got the plans for the NJC. Things like that just stand out so much in my opinion. No thought was given to this at all. For a show suppose to be getting a lot of money and attention, a horrible job was done on actual planning and common sense.

This isn't new though but I'm amazed at the amount of people that haven't even considered this part of the show or act like it doesn't even matter from plot and story points of view.

327746[/snapback]

The first SEED wasn't too bad. The Alliance lacking the NJC made sence why they didn't cloak nukes and ZAFT didn't have the technology long.

But Destiny just went straight down the toilet after the whole Break the World incident. With the Alliance and ZAFT on roughly equal terms in technology, the Alliance should have totaly smashed all of ZAFT's major Earth bases though sheer weight of numbers. Not only that but the Alliance controls four of the seven continents meaning they'd have far more resources and manufacturing capabilites at their disposal. I don't think Minerva would survive an encounter against several Archangel and Girty Lue class ships. Super Gundams or not, Destiny and Legend aren't comming out on top if about 200 Windams jumped them. Applying any kind of reasonable logic, there is absolutly no way ZAFT could have won in the second war.

Like I commented before on the technology aspect. The SEED universe in two series has basiclly blown through about 100 years worth of UC technology(sourced from) in as little as 3 to 5 on screen years. It's insane, especially since they don't even bother attempting to show just why this jump in technology took place or why even certain technology was made. No thought at all was given to how certain technology would logically be used before being introduced.  Mirage Colloid system for example. Cloak a mobile suit then cloak a ship. Nothing stopping them from cloaking nukes or other such weapons. The fact that it isn't used (cost being to high is a bs excuse for this universe to use) is one major plot hole that has never been filled cause there is nothing stopping them now. All PLANTs and ZAFT bases on Earth should have been destoryed the second the EA got the plans for the NJC. Things like that just stand out so much in my opinion. No thought was given to this at all. For a show suppose to be getting a lot of money and attention, a horrible job was done on actual planning and common sense.

327746[/snapback]

The first SEED wasn't too bad. The Alliance lacking the NJC made sence why they didn't cloak nukes and ZAFT didn't have the technology long.

But Destiny just went straight down the toilet after the whole Break the World incident. With the Alliance and ZAFT on roughly equal terms in technology, the Alliance should have totaly smashed all of ZAFT's major Earth bases though sheer weight of numbers. Not only that but the Alliance controls four of the seven continents meaning they'd have far more resources and manufacturing capabilites at their disposal. I don't think Minerva would survive an encounter against several Archangel and Girty Lue class ships. Super Gundams or not, Destiny and Legend aren't comming out on top if about 200 Windams jumped them. Applying any kind of reasonable logic, there is absolutly no way ZAFT could have won in the second war.

327906[/snapback]

heh, but Druna, haven't you seen how Freedom and company regularly kicks ass with just one or two MS? Never mind the fact that if people continued to attack over a couple of days, Kira eventually has to take a poo, and would die while trying to do that. Heh heh, the EA is apparently incompetent militarily, and as Effect say, the technology developed in 100 years during UC has been crammed into less than 5 years in CE, plus some additional stuff. But all of this is water under the bridge. We all knew this was happening, but the end result is a big fat so what....

Have we seen MC being used again? Don't think so... just pathetic. The excuse that all the fans make for oversight like this: "it's too expensive"

Edited by kalvasflam

BTW, my HG 1/100 Strike Freedom shipped from HLJ....I guess the stock is coming in.

327582[/snapback]

When did you order it? Did you get the one with the stand?

327584[/snapback]

I ordered in early August. I don't know if mines comes with a stand yet. I'll know in a few days.

327675[/snapback]

Ohhh. So total with shipping comes around 45 bucks right? I mean if 2,600 yen is like 23 bux and shipping is 2,400 yen probably 20 or sumthing I guess. Ive never bought from HLJ. Guess maybe yours was backordered. Hope you get the version with stand. I enjoyed making mine :) Its a good kit.

Is there any release date on the next kits? I think there was some news about a Legend kit. I hope they make the Akatsuki in 1/100 :unsure:

Ohhh.  So total with shipping comes around 45 bucks right? I mean if 2,600 yen is like 23 bux and shipping is 2,400 yen probably 20 or sumthing I guess. Ive never bought from HLJ. Guess maybe yours was backordered. Hope you get the version with stand. I enjoyed making mine  :)  Its a good kit.

Is there any release date on the next kits? I think there was some news about a Legend kit. I hope they make the Akatsuki in 1/100  :unsure:

328072[/snapback]

Mine is coming with my Blaze/Gunner ZAKU so shipping is actually a little more. ;) hehe

On average, most places have the kit on backorder. Most of the stock is expected at the end of the month. The next set of models is coming in October (1/144 HG Legend is due in October). Right now, we don't know if they are going to make an Akastuki (I would like one myself). The only thing we do know right now is that Zeta and SEED models will be the only things in production from now till about Spring 2007. So who knows. Akatsuki is probably in the queue.

I hope they make the Akatsuki in 1/100  :unsure:

328072[/snapback]

As long as it comes with the DRAGOON pack I'll be happy.

328141[/snapback]

Dragoon pack = more pieces to lose. :-(

328165[/snapback]

Not really a problem for me, I'm on of those guys who just poses it and doesn't touch it for a month when I get tired of it's pose and decide to repose it.

I hope they make the Akatsuki in 1/100  :unsure:

328072[/snapback]

As long as it comes with the DRAGOON pack I'll be happy.

328141[/snapback]

Dragoon pack = more pieces to lose. :-(

328165[/snapback]

Not really a problem for me, I'm on of those guys who just poses it and doesn't touch it for a month when I get tired of it's pose and decide to repose it.

328196[/snapback]

I ain't much for just posing models, I remember buying a $30 VF-1S Bandai transformable back almost twenty years ago. I started playing around with it, and a piece broke off that required me to permanently fix it into fighter mode. Sad......

328196[/snapback]

I ain't much for just posing models, I remember buying a $30 VF-1S Bandai transformable back almost twenty years ago. I started playing around with it, and a piece broke off that required me to permanently fix it into fighter mode. Sad......

328257[/snapback]

Dang sorry about your toy. Well I havent takin the Fins/Funnels of my SF. And my Chaos has gotten no love since I posed it once.

So I guess there won't be any new HG 1/100 for a lil while. I hope the wait for the next 1/100 will be worth it <_<

328196[/snapback]

328257[/snapback]

Dang sorry about your toy. Well I havent takin the Fins/Funnels of my SF. And my Chaos has gotten no love since I posed it once.

So I guess there won't be any new HG 1/100 for a lil while. I hope the wait for the next 1/100 will be worth it <_<

328404[/snapback]

Should've clarified, it was a model, never meant for playing around. I was an idiot then. Heh heh. Now, I just buy the frigging toy, and leave it in the box, it's an "investment" :lol:

Just wait 100 years when those things are priceless, ha ha ha ha, then I'll take over the world with the money I make off the Yamatos.

this is weird:

One interesting note about this series is that it does seem to fit in with the current war in Iraq. Think about it, first PLANT is attacked by the EAF and ZAFT goes in to stop them from doing it to other people. ZAFT goes down to Earth in order to stop the villians, even though most of Earth doesn't have an interest in fighting with ZAFT. And then the leader of PLANT declares this one guy a major threat because he a dealer in "Mass Weapons of Destruction". It's very up-todate with what's been going on these past few years. Go figure.

so any thoughts on what his saying? BTW found this on another forum.

Wow, who ever said that clearly hasn't been paying attention to world events. I hate when people say that the SEED universe is suppose to mirror real world events. Sure after they have twisted, left out certain events to fit their picture. Even then the only thing that is mirror is that the SEED univese is at war and in real life there was a war. Hardly anything is mirror unless you are looking at some very twisted version of events or just generalizing every thing which means you can link it to just about any war that has took place.

Would say more but then it might turn political. Still find it weird that some people that watch SEED and SEED Destiny still are confused or just don't even know exactly how the wars in those series started but then go and say things like the post you quoted.

Edited by Effect

this is weird:
One interesting note about this series is that it does seem to fit in with the current war in Iraq. Think about it, first PLANT is attacked by the EAF and ZAFT goes in to stop them from doing it to other people. ZAFT goes down to Earth in order to stop the villians, even though most of Earth doesn't have an interest in fighting with ZAFT. And then the leader of PLANT declares this one guy a major threat because he a dealer in "Mass Weapons of Destruction". It's very up-todate with what's been going on these past few years. Go figure.

so any thoughts on what his saying? BTW found this on another forum.

328816[/snapback]

Up to date? Bah, this is the primary reason why GSD as a series suck. It's Fukuda's attempt to inject politics into his little cartoon show, he is so intent on pegging evil people in his show, that he essentially screwed up the story.

He actually did a great job of injecting politics, Orb for example, if that's supposed to be Japan, then the Sarans are equivalent to the current Japanese prime minister, Kozumi who is a Bush ally. Ha ha, I wonder if that would make Fukuda Cagalli, actually that's really funny. That Fukuda might be a transy in secret.

:lol:

EA (early on) = US bumbling Jibril is Bush

ZAFT (later on) = US diabloical Dullindal is Bush or someone pulling Bush's strings and making him dance like a meat puppet.

Whatever, it's stupid that he sacrified the story at the cost of a political message.

just wanted to know, who the girl in the pics are. From where i got them its stated that she's a character from the manga who has never spoken a line from the anime. if she's from the manga does that mean she only making a cameo on the anime or is she somewhat imnportant to story of GSD? (sorry for the dumb question.) BTW, i havent really read the mangas of seed.

EDIT: sorry about that azrael. :unsure: Won't happen again. Changed to attached images.

post-2502-1126860802_thumb.jpg

post-2502-1126860829_thumb.gif

Edited by grss1982

grss1982, please stop posting images from other sites. Save the image and use a dedicated image hosting site like imageshack, xs.to or something. There's a reason why people don't like it when you post their images on other sites.

And the girl's name is Shiho Hahnenfuss. She is or was the pilot of the CGUE DEEP Arms . Why does she show up in GSD? Because she is part of Yzak's unit.

Oh, Legend of TSXer, my S-Freedom comes without the stand.

grss1982, please stop posting images from other sites. Save the image and use a dedicated image hosting site like imageshack, xs.to or something. There's a reason why people don't like it when you post their images on other sites.

And the girl's name is Shiho Hahnenfuss. She is or was the pilot of the CGUE DEEP Arms . Why does she show up in GSD? Because she is part of Yzak's unit.

Oh, Legend of TSXer, my S-Freedom comes without the stand.

328912[/snapback]

Ohh pooo....sucks to hear that it did'nt come with a stand. Ohh well. Its still a good kit. *sigh* ....waiting for new kits.....sucks....... <_<

And is Shiho the one piloting that MS in the Astray Red promo video? Maybe I got the MS confused but I thought it was that.