Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

meh. Destiny is okay... the characters are almost unrecognizable from SEED... but it's still enjoyable.

326035[/snapback]

Mostly liked it so far, I've seen some really good moments in the series (I've only seen 38 episodes), but looks like people aren´t to happy with the current episodes. I still find the SEED characters more interesting though, I can't stand Shinn.

Guest Bromgrev
Here's a pic of my shrine to Luna.

Taken on my camera phone, so it's a bit blurry.

I'm still missing at least 2 Luna figures  :( .

Graham

326107[/snapback]

freak..... :p

326114[/snapback]

Yep, that's freaky alright. I mean, that SD Luna would completely ruin my worship, there ... :ph34r:

Graham, you are a man of good of taste.

SEED and Destiny can both be slashed and burnt for all I care, Lunamaria is the only thing I'd spare. Hell, screw the spin-off I say. Start all over again and just make her the star.

For that matter, I wish I could import her character file into GGeneration NEO to join my all-stars team.

I dunno if an of you know abt this, but the Seiyuu for Y'zak is the same person who does Sagara Souske's voice in Full Metal Panic!

lol~!

Damn, I would never have thought of that..... so different... mazing....

326171[/snapback]

Different? I thought it was pretty similar, same with all the other characters he's voice acted. Maybe I'm just a Tomokazu Seki fan. But what surprised me was Maaya Sakamoto was Lunamaria. I didn't realize it till like episode 20.

DESTINY spoilers

From this month's anime magazine:

Phase 48 : "To the New World"

Newtype - Dullindal's "Destiny Plan" is using genetic engineering to match every human with roles corresponding to their own abilities. Shinn is disturbed by the details, however Rey tells it is their job to help create Dullindal's world. While the rest of the world is disturbed, Cagalli's Orb refuses to implement the plan. Dullindal orders the firing of Requiem at Earth Alliance's Arzamas base, which was following her decision.

Animage - Dullindal implements the ultimate human salvation plan, "Destiny Plan". While people around the world are disturbed at this news, Rey urges Shinn to agree with Dullindal's plan. While rest of the world are deciding to accept Dullindal's plan, Lacus decides to fight against Dullindal to protect the dreams and future of people.

Phase 49: Rey"

Newtype - Archangel and Eternal quickly heads toward to destroy Requiem's first relay point. Minerva is there to stop them.

Animage - After reuniting, Archangel and Eternal heads toward the Requiem's first relay point colony. Some of the ZAFT were hesitent towards Lacus' plea to open the path. Combat could not be avoided. Shinn, reflecting back the past events, was perplexed. Dullindal is explaining Shinn that he needs him in order to create a world with no war.

Phase 50: "The Final Power"

Newtype - Athrun vs Shinn. Kira vs Rey. During the intense battle, Kira learns about Rey's shocking birth.

¶ 7:46 AM

So we see the alterior motive to allowing EA to set up the Requiem. Except you know he'll pick the wrong damn target. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Emperor (Dullindal) convinces Anakin (Shinn) the dark side will lead to peace, who in turn fights with Obi-wan (Athrun). Meanwhile we have Newtype cage match.

Enough loose ends look to be wrapped up to be satisfying enough, though it'll be rushed, which isn't really a surprise anyway. Some SEED factor/newtype info when they explain about Rey would be nice but I doubt it.

For the surprise ending Lacus should appear in a pink Qubeley and wipe everyone left standing out. Then Haro bounces and says "owned".

Edited by Anubis

Random Comments and Notes:

-The mystery of Rey's birth might actually be revealed/opened at the end of ep. 49, not in ep. 50. 

-Archangel/Eternal vs. Minerva. Let's face it...Minerva is gonna be pwned. It's a 2 on 1. Unless Murrue tells Andy to get his ass to the relay point.

-If Luna goes up against Neo and Akatsuki w/DRAGOON pack...Assuming Neo doesn't go after Rey. She probably won't do well against the DOMs....

-Luna might not be able to talk to Meyrin until the episode 50. Yes, that late. Better be thanking Athrun for saving your sister's cute ass.

-As I've said a hundred times before, Athrun needs to Obi-wan/cut-off Destiny's limbs. That's all I need to be happy with this series.

-It definitely looks like an open ending. Guess we'll know in 2 years.

Edited by azrael

I want to see Mwu take out the Minerva the same way Rey took out the Girty Lue.

He should be the one who gets that honor, he's been chasing the damned thing for the whole series.

326572[/snapback]

and up till now, it's been kicking his ass for the entire series.

326576[/snapback]

Exactly, and now that he's a "good guy" again and ZAFT is now the "bad guys" again he should get his payback.

I want to see Mwu take out the Minerva the same way Rey took out the Girty Lue.

He should be the one who gets that honor, he's been chasing the damned thing for the whole series.

326572[/snapback]

and up till now, it's been kicking his ass for the entire series.

326576[/snapback]

Exactly, and now that he's a "good guy" again and ZAFT is now the "bad guys" again he should get his payback.

326579[/snapback]

I'm glad CE universe is so clear on who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. Hell, if this was set in WWII, you can easily see how Hitler might be turned into a good guy with the current group doing the story board.

The Doms seem to be tailor made for Rey to carve through to show how badass he is with Dragoons. They'll try that Jet Stream attack, and Rey will Tholian Web their butts.

They can't have him take out a main character, so he's provided with Cannon Fodder.

Wonder how many Murasames they'll have left at the end, too.

As much as the Mwu taking out the Minerva sounds interesting I would suspect Talia might try to help the AA in the end somehow. Depends on how loyal to Dullindal she really is and whether the bridge crew goes along with her. Luna might help out too.

If the Minerva has to go down though then Mwu should be the one to do it.

Edited by Anubis

DESTINY spoilers

From this month's anime magazine:

Phase 48 : "To the New World"

Newtype - Dullindal's "Destiny Plan" is using genetic engineering to match every human with roles corresponding to their own abilities. Shinn is disturbed by the details, however Rey tells it is their job to help create Dullindal's world. While the rest of the world is disturbed, Cagalli's Orb refuses to implement the plan. Dullindal orders the firing of Requiem at Earth Alliance's Arzamas base, which was following her decision.

Animage - Dullindal implements the ultimate human salvation plan, "Destiny Plan". While people around the world are disturbed at this news, Rey urges Shinn to agree with Dullindal's plan. While rest of the world are deciding to accept Dullindal's plan, Lacus decides to fight against Dullindal to protect the dreams and future of people.

Phase 49: Rey"

Newtype - Archangel and Eternal quickly heads toward to destroy Requiem's first relay point. Minerva is there to stop them.

Animage - After reuniting, Archangel and Eternal heads toward the Requiem's first relay point colony. Some of the ZAFT were hesitent towards Lacus' plea to open the path. Combat could not be avoided. Shinn, reflecting back the past events, was perplexed. Dullindal is explaining Shinn that he needs him in order to create a world with no war.

Phase 50: "The Final Power"

Newtype - Athrun vs Shinn. Kira vs Rey. During the intense battle, Kira learns about Rey's shocking birth.

¶ 7:46 AM

So we see the alterior motive to allowing EA to set up the Requiem. Except you know he'll pick the wrong damn target. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Emperor (Dullindal) convinces Anakin (Shinn) the dark side will lead to peace, who in turn fights with Obi-wan (Athrun). Meanwhile we have Newtype cage match.

Enough loose ends look to be wrapped up to be satisfying enough, though it'll be rushed, which isn't really a surprise anyway. Some SEED factor/newtype info when they explain about Rey would be nice but I doubt it.

For the surprise ending Lacus should appear in a pink Qubeley and wipe everyone left standing out. Then Haro bounces and says "owned".

326547[/snapback]

so thats why i'm hearing this (http://moviethemes.net/music/starwars/imperial-march.mid) in my head when i watched the last episodes of GSD.

:rolleyes:

Rey's birth? Rau Le Creuset and Prayer Reverie, anyone?

Edited by grss1982

Rey's birth? Rau Le Creuset and Prayer Reverie, anyone?

326688[/snapback]

Concerning Prayer.....we really don't know who's clone he is. We've seen him have flashes/visions of a Moebius Zero cockpit and then Le Crueset has mentioned that there were other clones of Al Da Flaga. The arguement works both ways so we are left with a question mark on Prayer. We know he's a clone, but that's about it.

yeah, i know it was a joke but i thought it has something to do with the history between the French and the Americans...that's why I perplexed...I not that good in the US history..but I know that the French helped the Americans fought the Brits

I think it's more along the lines that many Americans don't like anyone who is as arrogant as they are themselves.

Of course, this doesn't count for everyone, but the majority of French-(or insert any nationality)bashers I have met have serious ego issues they salve by linking themselves with the "greatness" of their entire country rather that to, say, anything that they have actually done themselves.

Anyway back to topic guys!! :p

With the upcoming battles of Shinn V. Athrun and Kira V. Rey, is it a distinct possibility that there will be another gundam show to continue GSD?

I'm thinking along the lines of the amuro ray v. char aznabe saga, wherein they went through a lot of gundam shows and IIRC they even once become allies to counter the "titans" in one of those shows then there's char's counterattack, etc., etc., you still with me guys? :unsure:

Anyway back to topic guys!!  :p

With the upcoming battles of Shinn V. Athrun and Kira V. Rey, is it a distinct possibility that there will be another gundam show to continue GSD?

I'm thinking along the lines of the amuro ray v. char aznabe saga, wherein they went through a lot of gundam shows and IIRC they even once become allies to counter the "titans" in one of those shows then there's char's counterattack, etc., etc., you still with me guys?  :unsure:

326818[/snapback]

I think it's pretty clear that GSD is act two in a three part story.

I wouldn't mind more GS... it's been entertaining.. it rarely rises above that but it's good enough for mindless fun and some decent fight sequences.

It was said somewhere recently they intended to make SEED a trilogy series, but the 3rd series of course depended on how Destiny performs. The ratings are so-so I guess, but the DVD's are selling very well.

Impulse didn't sell too hot either, apparrently the 3 PS modes hampered it. Who wants to be forced into buying 3 versions of the same Gundam? Apparrently not as many as they had hoped. It was bad enough they never included all of the Strike's parts in one package except the HG 1/60. I'm sure Destiny and Strike Freedom will sell much better though. HLJ had to do an order stop for a while on the Destiny HCM Pro.

If Destiny meets expectations enough they'll probably go with a 3rd series I'd guess. Some info said the next project may be something else (either UC or something new) but that probably depends on wether they green-light Seed 3. Guess we'll know something in winter probably.

It seems like they want to keep Astray a side-property. A OVA might be interesting, but for a TV series I'd liek them to take the show further.

They definately have one problem though for a sequel series: How much more advanced can they make the mobile suits? They compressed what took 30 years in UC time to develop and did it in 5 years in the CE. They already got funnels, beam shields, ghost trails, and giant MS. The only thing left for them to do is go into more super-mobile-armor territory (Destroy's MA mode qualifies already, but there's still the Neul Ziel-type ones, something a bit more agile than the lumbering hulk the Destroy was) or take the Meteor concept and beef it up like the Deep Striker or Dendrobium.

Deep Striker Freedom III? Who knows.

One silver-lining to the high-tech is by the timeframe of Seed III, the playing field would once again be leveled off. Beam Shields standard issue and such. Dragoons for the bad-assed.

Edited by Anubis

Its a possibility for Seed-3, remember when Seed-1 was over they said no Seed-2 but a new MSG show that it was going be for the UC fans but it turned to be Seed-2.

As for Destiny Gundam IMO it`s going to be No.1 Seed Destiny kit/toy seller, just when you look at it you think its also fit to be a super robot for those go nagai shows (just but black color) and seriouslly this one has to a GQ version.