Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Being a spaceship and submarine are different.

324007[/snapback]

Reminds me of a quote from Futurama where they travel underwater to the lost city of Atlanta --

Leela: Five thousand feet!

Prof. Farnsworth: Dear Lord, that's over one hundred-fifty atmospheres of pressure.

Fry: How many atmospheres can the ship withstand?

Prof. Farnsworth: Well, it's a spaceship, so I'd say anywhere between zero and one.

Edited by slideshot

324007[/snapback]

Reminds me of a quote from Futurama where they travel underwater to the lost city of Atlanta --

Prof. Farnsworth: Dear Lord, that's over one hundred-fifty atmospheres of pressure.

Prof. Farnsworth: Well, it's a spaceship, so I'd say anywhere between zero and one.

324012[/snapback]

LOL! :lol:

Did anyone notice that Kira's ensignia has changed. The colar is now a big thick solid yellow, has a yellow trim around the wrist, and his chest thing, which were just one green and one white stripe are now doubled. Looks like he might outrank Capt. Ramius from a comparison. :p Seems kool to me! :D

Did anyone notice that Kira's ensignia has changed. The colar is now a big thick solid yellow, has a yellow trim around the wrist, and his chest thing, which were just one green and one white stripe are now doubled. Looks like he might outrank Capt. Ramius from a comparison.  :p  Seems kool to me!  :D

324014[/snapback]

Hey, don't you love nepotism. Orb in GSD shows why things are so damn wrong with these idiotic kingdoms and emirates. Cagalli promotes her brother who has no formal military practice... ha ha, so funny. I didn't even pay attention to that part of the show until today. Sad.....

Just got done watching 45, and all I can say, is they definataly forgot about the Girty Lue and remembered about it when they were trying to come up with this episode. The way it went down was so anti-climactic, I swear it went something like this:

Crappy writer 1: Uhh, how should we kill Djibril?

Crappy writer 2: ...Hey what if we put him on the Girty Lue and blow it up?

Crappy writer 1: What's the Girty Lue?

Crappy writer 2: You remember, that one blue ship in the beggining?

That ship just went down way too easily, I guess that ship isn't equipped with Laminated Armor.

These so called writers should be kept away from all anime projects for the rest of their lives.

324007[/snapback]

324012[/snapback]

LOL! :lol:

Did anyone notice that Kira's ensignia has changed. The colar is now a big thick solid yellow, has a yellow trim around the wrist, and his chest thing, which were just one green and one white stripe are now doubled. Looks like he might outrank Capt. Ramius from a comparison. :p Seems kool to me! :D

324014[/snapback]

Yup Kira is promoted. His rank is probably as high as Cagali now, something like a General. There were also others being promoted. Athrun, Murrue, Myu/Neo, Andy and Kisaka are all Colonels. Others characters in AA also have been promoted such as Mili and Arnold Neuman.

Check out AnimeSuki for more info. Here's the link.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php...97&page=1&pp=20

Edited by Valk-1S

Hmm I really dont think that AA had the ability in SEED to submerge. I brought this up once when that ep aired when AA escaped by submerging. Maybe I am DUMB and missed the part at GundamOfficial.com where it said that the AA was capable of submerging. If so show me where I missed it.

If they could submerge, they would have faced the ZAFT submarine fleet. Not to mention AA had lots of holes already... But I doubt AA had that capability back then.

Did anyone notice that Kira's ensignia has changed. The colar is now a big thick solid yellow, has a yellow trim around the wrist, and his chest thing, which were just one green and one white stripe are now doubled. Looks like he might outrank Capt. Ramius from a comparison.

Of course, Kira has never been one for ranks and the spotlight. ;)

Edited by azrael

Hey, don't you love nepotism.  Orb in GSD shows why things are so damn wrong with these idiotic kingdoms and emirates.  Cagalli promotes her brother who has no formal military practice... ha ha, so funny.  I didn't even pay attention to that part of the show until today.  Sad.....

He's been the one giving the orders on Archangel since the beginning so he's not completely without command experience.

Not that the actions taken by the Archangel and the various disasters resulting from them speak too well of his actual command ability.

I kind of like how Legend's two big Dragoons can be used as drill bits. Djibril's death was nice and graphic.

Also note how fast he is with his Dragoons when he lights the Girtly Lue up. Faster then Kira's.

"Thank you Djibril, and goodbye." :lol:

Yzak's group's attacking the first relay was integral too, which was cool. Have them do something important too.

Cagalli is still a dumbass too. Thank god she stays in Orb. She shows how much of a cold beyotch she is again though. She could have at least had a short discussion with Athrun, which she didn't, and then she didn't say goodbye. Cagalli may be the head of Orb but no matter how busy she is she should be able to spare a few minutes for the guy. Screw her. Simply showing up without the ring and ignoring him was screwed up.

Meyrin should win hands down.

I kind of hope Dullindal slings a few nukes at Orb when he goes for the EA remnants. Finish that once and for all.

Edited by Anubis

There will be time later for those 2 to talk. Cagalli was crying as she finished talking to Meyrin. She was obviously hurt by what she did but it's best for the both of them that they carry on the relationship once all has been settled and once there is time for it. Cagalli never gave back the ring. So there's still a chance, once all is done. And she didn't say goodbye because then she would want to go with him. And she couldn't do that. If Athrun wants to try again, he knows where to find her.

Now on to some spoilers (Thanks to the kids at Seed-Forum):

Phase-48 "To a New World"

The people sense the end of war, and to them Dullandal suddenly announces the introduction of the "Destiny Plan", where people will be graded on their genes and put in the right place according to how their aptitude is judged. Shinn is perplexed, but is persuaded by Rey to "trust the chairman". Meanwhile, the EA base(s) reluctant to go along with the Plan suddenly have a bombardment rained down on them! In an instant, many lives are lost. Even though it is by her former lover, his inhuman acts makes Talia's fists tremble. Kira and Athrun sortie to prevent Dullandal's ambition. Beliving in Dullandal, Shinn and Rey head out to stop that. As though guided by fate, both sides mass large forces. Now, the curtain raises to the start of the final battle!

-Starting from ep 48, the karma between Kira and Rey comes to light.

-Suffering from a sudden disaster, Rey grasps in his hand the same medicine Creuset once used...

-In phase-49, seeing Yzak go to punch (?) Athrun is a must see.

Comments:

I get the feeling Rey will run into hard times with Kira and require some performance-enhancing drugs... :) I guess punching Athrun is Yzak's way of saying "Hi, how you doin?". This is probably where they hand over the evidence against Dullindal.

Non-spoiler:

-The last ep, phase-50 will broadcast on 1st October, from 17:30-18:00.

No more Orb would be good. But unfortunately, Seed without Orb would never work in Fukuda's world, after all, Orb represents Japan, have to be a Japanese centric show. Heh heh. As for Cagalli, well, crying is apparently all she is good for. Meh..... good riddance I say.

Panon, he may have had informal ad hoc suggestions to the AA command crew, but that is a long way from true command capacities. AA seem to be run on a friends basis now that there is no formal command structure. For example, Neumann could jump ship tomorrow, and no one would go after him. Actually, that's not true any more since he is a part of Orb. But still, a good pilot doesn't make a good field general. And as a commander, Yamato would need to be buried up to his neck in paperwork.

As far as Dullindal is concerned, the spoilers below seem to indicate that he is in fact a moron. Having consolidated power as he has done in ep 45. He is now moving too fast and making sure others turn on him. That would suddenly mean his opposition would have people rallying around them. The smarter move would've been to take down Orb first. If nothing else, Gilbert can point to a mass set of evidence that Orb and AA has sheltered Jibril and company, demand Orb disarm, and that they turn over Athrun Zala (a traitor) and Kira for their instrumental role in helping Jibril escape, and of course dismantle AA. The point is, gradually whittle down all military opposition before unveiling the ultimate plan.

Edited by kalvasflam

"Both sides...mass forces..."

Either Orb has a big space fleet know one knew about, or all the scattered Alliance ships rally around the Archangel.

I'd like to see Talia be the one to finally off Gilbert.

324189[/snapback]

Nah, I expect Talia to end up like Natarle. As for the big fleet, Orb is probably getting what's left of EA, and the people from CF. (which might actually be a lot, since it's still not obvious how big CF is)

As far as Dullindal is concerned, the spoilers below seem to indicate that he is in fact a moron.  Having consolidated power as he has done in ep 45.  He is now moving too fast and making sure others turn on him.  That would suddenly mean his opposition would have people rallying around them.  The smarter move would've been to take down Orb first.  If nothing else, Gilbert can point to a mass set of evidence that Orb and AA has sheltered Jibril and company, demand Orb disarm, and that they turn over Athrun Zala (a traitor) and Kira for their instrumental role in helping Jibril escape, and of course dismantle AA.  The point is, gradually whittle down all military opposition before unveiling the ultimate plan.

324187[/snapback]

So much for my belief that Gilbert is the only smart person. Nothing like announcing that "dreams are pointless, here's your life mapped out for you" to kill your support.

As far as Dullindal is concerned, the spoilers below seem to indicate that he is in fact a moron.  Having consolidated power as he has done in ep 45.  He is now moving too fast and making sure others turn on him.  That would suddenly mean his opposition would have people rallying around them.  The smarter move would've been to take down Orb first.   If nothing else, Gilbert can point to a mass set of evidence that Orb and AA has sheltered Jibril and company, demand Orb disarm, and that they turn over Athrun Zala (a traitor) and Kira for their instrumental role in helping Jibril escape, and of course dismantle AA.  The point is, gradually whittle down all military opposition before unveiling the ultimate plan.

324187[/snapback]

So much for my belief that Gilbert is the only smart person. Nothing like announcing that "dreams are pointless, here's your life mapped out for you" to kill your support.

324260[/snapback]

All this because Talia stopped f*cking him...

As far as Dullindal is concerned, the spoilers below seem to indicate that he is in fact a moron.  Having consolidated power as he has done in ep 45.  He is now moving too fast and making sure others turn on him.  That would suddenly mean his opposition would have people rallying around them.  The smarter move would've been to take down Orb first.  If nothing else, Gilbert can point to a mass set of evidence that Orb and AA has sheltered Jibril and company, demand Orb disarm, and that they turn over Athrun Zala (a traitor) and Kira for their instrumental role in helping Jibril escape, and of course dismantle AA.  The point is, gradually whittle down all military opposition before unveiling the ultimate plan.

324187[/snapback]

324260[/snapback]

All this because Talia stopped f*cking him...

324290[/snapback]

women, if they don't drive you nuts by staying with you, they drive you mad by leaving you.

Edited by kalvasflam

Guys I just wanted to ask about the fansubs. I got the Hiro or Haro Fansubs, but the quality is horrible. Or so my computer thinks. I just installed a new DVD drive and normal DVD's owrk on it, and the actual DVD itself works on a school computer. I am having picture problems, it doesn't refresh itself and you can see remenents of the last scene when the current scene come up.

Can anyone help? I'm just about to catch up with you guys on the eps!

Guys I just wanted to ask about the fansubs. I got the Hiro or Haro Fansubs, but the quality is horrible. Or so my computer thinks. I just installed a new DVD drive and normal DVD's owrk on it, and the actual DVD itself works on a school computer. I am having picture problems, it doesn't refresh itself and you can see remenents of the last scene when the current scene come up.

324715[/snapback]

This sounds like a decoding problem or a problem with whatever you are using for playback. Are you using Windows Media player, BSPlayer, or something else? Are you playing these from a DVD or from your hard drive?

324715[/snapback]

If it helps, I use just plain old Windows Media player (whatever the latest version is), but what seems to be necessary is the right Codec. There are places where you can get Codecs from, from the sound of it, you might not have the right codec installed.

BTW, if you're downloading the files onto your PC, your DVD drive is irrelevant as far as how well the file plays. This only matters if you put things on CD or DVD. Usually all you're doing is downloading an avi file.

324715[/snapback]

This sounds like a decoding problem or a problem with whatever you are using for playback. Are you using Windows Media player, BSPlayer, or something else? Are you playing these from a DVD or from your hard drive?

324756[/snapback]

324715[/snapback]

If it helps, I use just plain old Windows Media player (whatever the latest version is), but what seems to be necessary is the right Codec. There are places where you can get Codecs from, from the sound of it, you might not have the right codec installed.

BTW, if you're downloading the files onto your PC, your DVD drive is irrelevant as far as how well the file plays. This only matters if you put things on CD or DVD. Usually all you're doing is downloading an avi file.

324767[/snapback]

Thanks for the attention guys. I just got some advice from Valk-1S to download the Codec Pack (K-lite). I don't know much about it, but I had several packages of Codecs and thought I was set to take on the world. But when I finally got to downloading K-lite Codec Pack (BASIC) it asked me to uninstall everything.

Now everything works. I have just finished watching Two Lacus'. Now I know what you guys are discussing! :p

Ep. 46...

Part of me wants to pity Meer....

325707[/snapback]

By the way, is it me or is next week going to be another recap episode?

325717[/snapback]

From Flets, http://flets.gundam-seed-d.net/WEST/story.html

Phase-47, "Meer"

The assassin's bullet aimed at Lacus pierced Meer's chest when she covered Lacus. Kira and co could do nothing but watch over her as she breathed her last. As the corpse is carried over to the Archangel, Lacus finds a single disc in Meer's pouch. It was Meer's diary. Being selected to stand-in for Lacus who was absent from PLANT, meeting Athrun, having concerts, giving speeches, changing the world... Athrun hangs his head at the sorrowful journal of a singing-princess who purely wanted to sing for the sake of the world in Lacus's place. Then, Dullandal finally announces the start of the "Destiny Plan"...!!

Sounds like lots of reused footage but doesn't sound like a recap.

Ep. 46...

Part of me wants to pity Meer....

325707[/snapback]

By the way, is it me or is next week going to be another recap episode?

325717[/snapback]

From Flets, http://flets.gundam-seed-d.net/WEST/story.html

Phase-47, "Meer"

The assassin's bullet aimed at Lacus pierced Meer's chest when she covered Lacus. Kira and co could do nothing but watch over her as she breathed her last. As the corpse is carried over to the Archangel, Lacus finds a single disc in Meer's pouch. It was Meer's diary. Being selected to stand-in for Lacus who was absent from PLANT, meeting Athrun, having concerts, giving speeches, changing the world... Athrun hangs his head at the sorrowful journal of a singing-princess who purely wanted to sing for the sake of the world in Lacus's place. Then, Dullandal finally announces the start of the "Destiny Plan"...!!

Sounds like lots of reused footage but doesn't sound like a recap.

325761[/snapback]

PLease tell me this isn''t true . .. Seriously . . . you've got to be f-ing kidding me. They do realize that there's what only three episodes left. ANd I thought we SAW 90% of the recap footage of her in this episode. Not to mention we had a recap episde about 6 episodes ago.

Seed Destiny is starting to remind me of the second episode of the animated clerks series.

The sheer laziness of the staff on this entire production amazes me.

But we did learn that Arthrun is a badass with a pistol.

Edited by slideshot

And we also learned that ZAFT commandos are still bloody idiots.

There were five of them. They had the high ground, all they had to do was jump out and sweep the field with their machine guns. Instead they relied on one sniper in a horribly bad position.

So, I see Fukuda isn't limiting idiocy to just EA, although they got the heaviest dose. Fukuda is indeed running the super robot show.

And we also learned that ZAFT commandos are still bloody idiots.

There were five of them.  They had the high ground, all they had to do was jump out and sweep the field with their machine guns.  Instead they relied on one sniper in a horribly bad position.

So, I see Fukuda isn't limiting idiocy to just EA, although they got the heaviest dose.  Fukuda is indeed running the super robot show.

325966[/snapback]

I don't think those even were commandos, it looked like Gilbert's "Lacus" crew decided to act on thier own.

For such a high profile target, and not even a GINN to back them up?

Well at least it was nice to see Mwu using his old "Hawk of Endymion" emblem on his helmet again.

Somebody please tell me that we get to see a Lunamaria Hawke sex scene before the end of the series?

Then I'll forgive Bandai/Sunrise for those endless recap episodes.

Also, I still think Lunamaria should get her own spin-off series or OVA. She's the only character I like in all of GSD.

Graham

Somebody please tell me that we get to see a Lunamaria Hawke sex scene before the end of the series?

Also, I still think Lunamaria should get her own spin-off series or OVA. She's the only character I like in all of GSD.

Graham

325982[/snapback]

If they kill Shinn I would be so thankfull as to not complain for even the worst possible ending.

Graham

325982[/snapback]

No problem, we'll call up fukuda and have him do a Luna/Meriyn/Lacus love scene, after all, hentai is what will finally save GSD and give it a popular draw.

In fact, doesn't most hentai involve some ridiculous sex scenes that end up resolving the final crisis?