Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

In GSD...yeah...the WoL are pretty much useless. :)  Except on Destiny. :D I suspect Destiny has is quite the speed demon. The WoL are just another measure of deception and takes advantage of that speed (i.e. Think of the trick where you hold a pen and rock it up and down, the pen looks like it's made of rubber, this is kinda like a glorified version of it). It's just an optical effect for Destiny to use. It's more like "HERE I AM, SHOOT ME." Victim shoots. "Ha ha! You missed!" Victim gets stabbed by a BFS (Big F****** Sword).

319201[/snapback]

That would only be useful if the standard issue MS units had no targeting equipment.

...Then again this is DESTINY...

They need to put Amuro in Strike Freedom.  He'd end the war pretty quickly.

319226[/snapback]

Ha, until Char shows up in either Legend or Justice. :)

319319[/snapback]

Nah, it'll be Gilbert in the Comet Gundam, a bright red (pink!) mobile suit. There, he'll reveal to Amuro that he's secretly been Char all along.

And then Amuro kicks his ass. Again.

Edited by Shade

Not sure if this has been talking about but what is the point of doubling up on the shielding like this?

01.jpg02.jpg

Wouldn't having a physical shield be kinda pointless if you have a beam shield anyway? So why the physical shield at all?

Edited by Effect

The beam shields don't work against an anti-beam coated weapon. Blue Frame's big sword and the anti-ship swords are examples.

Someone mentioned a few pages back how the Blue Frame's sword went right through Hyperion's(?) Beam Shield in the Manga.

I'm think the anti-ship swords apply as well. At least for the tips.

It's kind of like how shields are anti-beam coated to block beam cannon shots. The reverse applies to anti-beam weapons and beam shields, so still having a regular shield is a bonus safeguard. Also don't have to use energy all the time on the beam shield if you have a regular one too.

I-Justice looks MUCH better than the previous one. I'd buy an HCM Pro of it.

I was hoping for a shot with all the beam sabers engaged to see how it looks.

Athrun just can't get away from the phallus-head mecha. :lol:

That's what he was REALLY being hesitant about in 42, he was wondering why Lacus built him another red suit with the odd spike on his head.

Reminds me of that Athun vid when he sees the Saviour and he gets all sad because it's red again.

Edited by Anubis

Just to note, IJ's shield since it incorporates weapons into it so this would be a poor example. A better example is Destiny's additional physical shield.

(Is it me, or the proportions on that IJ off...I don't remember the beam rifle and shield being that big in the lineart...)

The beam shields don't work against an anti-beam coated weapon. Blue Frame's big sword and the anti-ship swords are examples.

Someone mentioned a few pages back how the Blue Frame's sword went right through Hyperion's(?) Beam Shield in the Manga.

I'm think the anti-ship swords apply as well. At least for the tips.

It's kind of like how shields are anti-beam coated to block beam cannon shots. The reverse applies to anti-beam weapons and beam shields, so still having a regular shield is a bonus safeguard. Also don't have to use energy all the time on the beam shield if you have a regular one too.

Again, Destiny is a better example would be Destiny. Since it does run out of power, a physical shield would be a bonus. Why not give one to Legend? Well, Legend is as well armed as Destiny in melee combat. Legend can sit back and let the DRAGOONs do all the work.

The beam shields don't work against an anti-beam coated weapon.  Blue Frame's big sword and the anti-ship swords are examples.

I'm think the anti-ship swords apply as well.  At least for the tips.

It's kind of like how shields are anti-beam coated to block beam cannon shots.  The reverse applies to anti-beam weapons and beam shields, so still having a regular shield is a bonus safeguard.  Also don't have to use energy all the time on the beam shield if you have a regular one too.

I-Justice looks MUCH better than the previous one.  I'd buy an HCM Pro of it.

I was hoping for a shot with all the beam sabers engaged to see how it looks. 

Athrun just can't get away from the phallus-head mecha. :lol:

That's what he was REALLY being hesitant about in 42, he was wondering why Lacus built him another red suit with the odd spike on his head.

Reminds me of that Athun vid when he sees the Saviour and he gets all sad because it's red again.

319499[/snapback]

Hell, I'd buy a PG version of I-Justice, and Destiny. I don't say Strike Freedom PG because it will come out. I really want a Strike PG though. I guess I'll hvae to settle for the 1/60.

Just saw it. Pretty cool.....cept Kira is dumb for not at least disabling Shinn at that chance. And I don't know how akatsuki's armour works, but wouldn't those beam boomerangs bounce off its arm instead of chopping off its arm? *Shrug*

Doms are cool....they still maintain their hover ability from their UC counterparts....but given beam shields....quite cool. We'll be seeing some squad based team work with the Black Trinity.

And now we know that the Destiny and Legend both still use non-nukes....and I would think that SF and IF are still using Nukes....gee....i wonder if Lacus was the true evil after all this time. :lol:

Just saw it. Pretty cool.....cept Kira is dumb for not at least disabling Shinn at that chance. And I don't know how akatsuki's armour works, but wouldn't those beam boomerangs bounce off its arm instead of chopping off its arm? *Shrug*

What people have failed to notice is that the boomerang hit the joint (specifically the elbow, good throw BTW) not the armor. If it hit the armor, the beam would have scattered. Akatsuki's joints are the only parts that are unprotected by the mirror. <_<

And now we know that the Destiny and Legend both still use non-nukes....and I would think that SF and IF are still using Nukes....gee....i wonder if Lacus was the true evil after all this time.

Actually, Destiny and Legend are do run on nuclear power. It's just that we are still unsure of the nature of that system. Mark Simmons of Bandai/GOUF came up with a good idea about it, but even he wasn't too sure about it. The only thing we can say is, Destiny and Legend do not have a virtually unlimited power source, unlike Freedom and Justice.

The hybrid the Destiny uses is an interesting beast.

The drai has to come from those wings though. Imagine how much power that leeches.

Edited by Anubis

Hmmm.. i think it's just double protection as said previously, physical shields don't stop particle beam weapons and beam shields don't stop projectile weapons.... something like the Dendrobium in 0083?

I remember the Dendro taking a beam shot head-on with it's i-field generator, but when a bunch of Zaku's shot at it, it had to dodge like mad... :p

Someone correct me if i'm wrong! :lol:

Not sure if this has been talking about but what is the point of doubling up on the shielding like this?

01.jpg02.jpg

Wouldn't having a physical shield be kinda pointless if you have a beam shield anyway? So why the physical shield at all?

319492[/snapback]

Hmmm.. i think it's just double protection as said previously, physical shields don't stop particle beam weapons and beam shields don't stop projectile weapons.... something like the Dendrobium in 0083?

I remember the Dendro taking a beam shot head-on with it's i-field generator, but when a bunch of Zaku's shot at it, it had to dodge like mad...  :p

Someone correct me if i'm wrong!  :lol:

319760[/snapback]

Actually, you are wrong. Beam shields do stop physical weapons in addition to beam weapons (Freedom uses it to block missiles/explosives). An I-Field only stops beam weapons.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/ba...technology.html

The hybrid the Destiny uses is an interesting beast.

The drai has to come from those wings though. Imagine how much power that leeches.

Definitely. Using colloid particles always seems to be a big plus, but a big drain on a battery (Blitz, Forbidden, etc). I'm still waiting for a good explaination to Destiny's/Legend's hybrid engine.

I think part of the drain on Shinn's power was also due to the shot he got from the SF's rail guns. Its funny i keep assuming the railguns are beam cannons because...they always look like beams.

As for beam shields...yes they should stop physical weapons since your average beam sword would melt through any physical armour. But i wonder if a gundam could use the shield to punch someone?

Some lovely info from the model on the DOMs from Mark Simmons (courtesy of GOUF and Seed Forums)

After the end of the previous war, ZAFT continued its MS development and held several competitions. The DOM Trooper is derived from the design concept of the ZAKU prototype ZGMF-X999. Like the ZAKU it's meant to be able to adapt to various combat situations by exchanging Wizard backpacks, and it can carry virtually all of the Wizards used by the ZAKU. This machine was originally supposed to use Mirage Colloid, but since the use of this technology was restricted by the Junius Treaty, the concept was abandoned.

The DOM is intended mainly for use under gravity, and large hovering units are mounted on its legs. Depending on the terrain, it can move at higher speeds than walking MS despite its bulky silhouette. But with its powerful thrusters and the special skill required for hovering movement, it proved unpopular within ZAFT, many of whose pilots had experienced combat in the GINN and GuAIZ during the previous war. It was thus removed from competition at a point when only a few prototypes had been created, while the development of simpler MS continued and the ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior was ultimately adopted for the New Millenium Series.

This MS entered combat in an unexpected fashion. As Gilbert Dullindal launched an invasion of Orb to suppress Logos, the DOM and the Strike Freedom were dropped to Earth from the Eternal in order to protect Orb from the attacking ZAFT MS, which would normally be their allies. These machines were secretly produced by the former Clyne Faction, in a factory in the shoal zone where the Eternal had been hiding since the previous war. It appears that the presentation materials from the earlier competition, up to and including the production lines, somehow fell into the hands of the Clyne Faction so that they could easily produce these machines.

The "T" at the end of the ZGMF-XX09T model number is said to represent the hopes of the developers for a Third Stage of MS following the Gundam series, but the truth of this cannot be confirmed. DOM stands for Dauntless Obliterator Magnificent, a name it was given during the original development stages which does not reflect the intentions of the Clyne Faction.

* Hilda Harken, Mars Simeon, Herbert Von Reinhardt

Presently stationed aboard the Eternal and operating alongside Lacus, these superb pilots were once part of ZAFT's former Clyne Faction. After surviving the Second Battle of Jachin Due, they chose the path of Lacus Clyne, the daughter of their leader Siegel Clyne. Together with the Desert Tiger Andrew Waltfeld, they hope to guide the world onto the path of true progress. Their exquisite teamwork allows them to perform a triple attack using the quirky DOM. Mars functions as the idea man, Herbert as the concrete thinker, and Hilda as the battlefield leader. Numbers on the left shoulder and right leg of each DOM indentify its pilot, with 003 being Hilda, 004 Herbert, and 009 Mars.

G14X31Z Screaming Nimbus

A device presently installed only in the DOM. By scattering high-energy particles, it creates a defensive field with offensive characteristics. These particles have the same characteristics as the beams fired by beam rifles, and destroy any matter they touch. The three DOM pilots can coordinate their use of these particles to perform what's known as the "Jet Stream Attack." With three of them working as one, their destructive power is several times that of a single unit's attack.

Edited by azrael

The one thing I'm curious about is exactly how much money Bandai makes off of Gundam lines. I am assuming GSD happens on Satruday night there, or is it morning. But whatever the case, I wonder how their ratings are like, and in turn, how much cash they get out of selling off their various models are figurines.

Like the idea of using the shield like a battering ram. Heh heh.

I think GSD is shown either Very late at night since its not even dawn there in Japan yet, or like VERY VERY early in the morning.

But I assume they do make a good amount of cash from the figures and other merchandise or else they wouldn't market it as much.

I think GSD is shown either Very late at night since its not even dawn there in Japan yet, or like VERY VERY early in the morning.

Destiny is shown in prime time - 6:30pm Saturday nights. Destiny's ratings are good without being great - it's rating about 15% lower than SEED and Fullmetal Alchemist did in the same timeslot (although it's outselling SEED in dvds, and outselling FMA in dvd by a lot)

Money Sunrise/Bandai have made off Gundam for the last couple of years is -

Fiscal 2000 (the year ending March 2001) - 16 billion yen

Fiscal 2001 (the year ending March 2002) - 20 billion yen

Fiscal 2002 (the year ending March 2003) - 27.2 billion yen

Fiscal 2003 (the year ending March 2004) - 32 billion yen

Fiscal 2004 (the year ending March 2005) - 25.1 billion yen

For perspective, 32 billion yen is about 295 million US dollars.

A 'good amount' of cash.

Edited by Panon

The one thing I'm curious about is exactly how much money Bandai makes off of Gundam lines.  I am assuming GSD happens on Satruday night there, or is it morning.  But whatever the case, I wonder how their ratings are like, and in turn, how much cash they get out of selling off their various models are figurines.

Like the idea of using the shield like a battering ram.  Heh heh.

319924[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, Gundam Seed, when it aired, was the first really big AU Gundam hit in a long while (since wing, I think, but I don't remember how well wing did). It did exceptionally well, only losing in ratings to Full Metal Alchemist, which, by the way, was a great show. Since Seed did so well (Now that I think about it, I think it did better than Wing, but not sure), Bandai, of course, marketed the hell out of it.

Hence why we now have 90 different figures of the characters in addition to all the models they make. And from what I've read, GSD is doing as well as Seed was. It doesn't really have any competition like Seed did with Full Metal Alchemist, either.

BTW - those statutes up there - is that athrun in the middle? If so, why is he wearing eyeliner?

Edited by slideshot

If I remember correctly, Gundam Seed, when it aired, was the first really big AU Gundam hit in a long while (since wing, I think, but I don't remember how well wing did).  It did exceptionally well, only losing in ratings to Full Metal Alchemist, which, by the way, was a great show.

The first big anything in a long time, since ithe only Gundam series to ever rate better is Zeta.

SEED also ended up rating slightly better than FMA.

Destiny is shown in prime time - 6:30pm Saturday nights. Destiny's ratings are good without being great - it's rating about 15% lower than SEED and Fullmetal Alchemist did in the same timeslot (although it's outselling SEED in dvds, and outselling FMA in dvd by a lot)

Money Sunrise/Bandai have made off Gundam for the last couple of years is -

Fiscal 2000 (the year ending March 2001) - 16 billion yen

Fiscal 2001 (the year ending March 2002) - 20 billion yen

Fiscal 2002 (the year ending March 2003) - 27.2 billion yen

Fiscal 2003 (the year ending March 2004) - 32 billion yen

Fiscal 2004 (the year ending March 2005) - 25.1 billion yen

For perspective, 32 billion yen is about 295 million US dollars.

A 'good amount' of cash.

319968[/snapback]

Ah ha, so the whole merchandising thing is true, you can have a lousy story, a crappy series, and end up making a ton of money because of merchandising... well, actually it's not that much of a surprise.

Well episode 43 proves that Athrun still has his Seed! It was great how he dodged the beam-boomerangs! :D Finally hes back in action, but not at his prime. But this episode, and show really, needs more Lunamaria! :rolleyes:

I think I accidently read part of someone's comment about a spoiler about Lunamaria's future.....noooooooooo........Ive been trying to avoid the spoilers..... :(

Edit: Hahaha I forgot to mention Yuna! :lol:

Edited by Legend of TSXer

Athrun got the right arm this time...all he needs to do is get the other 3 limbs. :lol:

Athrun actually beam shielded one and beam-bladed kicked the other. I found it cute when Kira just kicked Destiny away when it was about to palm him. hehe....

Athrun got the right arm this time...all he needs to do is get the other 3 limbs. :lol:

Athrun actually beam shielded one and beam-bladed kicked the other. I found it cute when Kira just kicked Destiny away when it was about to palm him. hehe....

320044[/snapback]

Actually, it was something like this:

Shinn: I'm gonna touch you, I'm gonna touch you.

Kira: Get away from me, you pervert with your disgusting hand, I'm not into this kind of stuff, but I hear Rey is, and he is right over there.

Honestly though, to me, this whole thing just illustrates why the so called good guys are a bunch of morons. Let's do a visa commercial:

Objective: capture or kill Jibril (something that both ZAFT and now Orb wants)

Damage to Orb: several billion dollars

Damage to ZAFT fleet: several billion dollars

Watching Lord Jibril escape while laughing his ass off at the stupidity of his collective enemies: PRICELESS

And someone remind me again why Rey and Shinn are supposed to be the bad guys here? As far as I can tell it's because they are going against Kira and company. Since Kira must be a good guy, Rey and Shinn must be bad.

Oh, and how come Neo/Mwu is a good guy now? From what I see, it's the I lost my memory, but now I remember, I want to be with the good guys syndrom. Oh, and never mind the fact that I ordered Stella to kill a bunch of people for laughs, or attack Armory One or any of the other crap.

And someone remind me again why Rey and Shinn are supposed to be the bad guys here?  As far as I can tell it's because they are going against Kira and company.  Since Kira must be a good guy, Rey and Shinn must be bad.

320054[/snapback]

Well the way I see it, and atleast just me, since I dont know yet what Dullindal's real plan is, it is made out to be an evil or "Wrong" kind of plan since it is kept in secret and he does not come out to the public with his full plan. Instead hes sneaky and smart about how he goes around and does things. He has an agenda which is not clear to us, and the way the story is going, his agenda seems like it might be evil, like the Emporer in SW3. (That SW3 reference is just to try to give a general idea of what I mean) And well Rey is The Emporer's/Chairman's loyal follower. So he will do whatever he asks. And since Rey has a strong influence on Shin, Shin also does what the Chairman asks of him. Well Dullindal also uses wise words to gain support and loyalty from Shin, like he did with Athrun (but Athrun finally snapped outta his "brianwashed" phase again). And typically the followers of a "Bad guy" are also "Bad guys" but since I dont know what Dullindal's true agenda is, I guess I cant really call or refer to them as the bad guys, though the story makes them seem like that.

Plus Kira is the Hero from the previous war, and he still follows what he believes is true. Thats why I still tihnk of him more as the good guy.

Shin and Rey follow what they believe is true too, it just seems to be a more evil/sneakier thing at this point in the show.

Lots of people have different ideas of achieving peace.

No, he survived, see that little gap, the Gouf fell over him, but the gap fell on him, so he was miraculously unharmed.... Oh who am I kidding, he died like a little girl.

P.S. Legend, wasn't Anakin a hero too before he became an a-hole? Oops, never mind, he was always an a-hole, but he was a hero initially too I think. heh heh. Hero of the last war. kinda like Kira. I guess I just need Kira to be the bad guy, because he would fit that role better. Remember, any lamo could be a good guy, but it takes someone special to be a good bad guy. Shinn, Rey, Dullindal, etc, just don't cut it.

Edited by kalvasflam

P.S. Legend, wasn't Anakin a hero too before he became an a-hole?  Oops, never mind, he was always an a-hole, but he was a hero initially too I think.  heh heh.  Hero of the last war.  kinda like Kira.  I guess I just need Kira to be the bad guy, because he would fit that role better.  Remember, any lamo could be a good guy, but it takes someone special to be a good bad guy.  Shinn, Rey, Dullindal, etc, just don't cut it.

320170[/snapback]

Well yes Anakin was a "hero" like "thing" and so is/was Shin. I dont consider Shin a "real bad guy" because he is strongly being influenced by "bad guys"

I dont think there really are bad guys, unless they are the type of people that kill and murder for fun and stuff. Dullindal's agenda, unknown as it is, probably in the end truely a wish for a peacefull future. But he is willing to make sacrifices of lives for that dream and desire of his. So maybe he is a person trying to bring peace but in a different way. Like I said, people have different ways of achieving peace. And if someones true desire is peace than he cant be evil. SW3 Emporer looked more POWER HUNGRY and wanted control more than true peace. Atleast thats what I BELIEVE. I might be wrong. So maybe Dullindal isnt a "bad guy" it just seems more that he is. Being all mysterious and sneaky and all. :unsure:

Hmm I will agree that Kira would make an awesome "Bad Guy" but with his personalty the way it is now, I dont think that would happen without a major event or two in his life. Like AA, Eternal, Athrun, Lacus, and Cagali being killed. Than he might turn into a "bad guy". I believe you had something similar to that twist in your version of Destiny, which I actually liked. :D

If they killed Lacus I would probably not watch anymore..... <_<

Hmm I will agree that Kira would make an awesome "Bad Guy" but with his personalty the way it is now, I dont think that would happen without a major event or two in his life.

He may as well be a bad guy now, because he, his friends and their precious Orb sure as hell aren't 'good guys'.

Hmm I will agree that Kira would make an awesome "Bad Guy" but with his personalty the way it is now, I dont think that would happen without a major event or two in his life.

He may as well be a bad guy now, because he, his friends and their precious Orb sure as hell aren't 'good guys'.

320212[/snapback]

huh? what you mean?