Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Well, it's official - NO DRAGOONS for the Strike-Freedom MSIA:

Dammit, that's REALLY weak Bandai.  Seriously.  Not including the main defining gimmick of the suit??  WTF.  I really cannot express how much I was looking forward to this figure, and how disappointed I am in it now.

314773[/snapback]

Well, despite the non-removable Dragoons, it's still a pretty good figure. No real flaws, no warping. Good articulation, joints nice and tight, holds weapons well, reasonable paint job (although I don't like the gold bits).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Shinn in Destiny kick Kira's ass in Strike Freedom, cus we all know that after Impulse delivered the smackdown on Freedom, Kira is Shinn's bitch :lol::lol::lol: .

Graham

A clip show this late in the show, that just goes to show that not even the people behind this show still care.

316129[/snapback]

Is it just me or has this series had a lot of clip shows. I mean, isn;t this the third one? That's a lot for a 50 episode show.

Anyhow, if you do watch it, a good portion of the clip show show is stuff that happened, oh 3-4 episodes ago.

THey really are just not trying anymore.

A clip show this late in the show, that just goes to show that not even the people behind this show still care.

316129[/snapback]

Is it just me or has this series had a lot of clip shows. I mean, isn;t this the third one? That's a lot for a 50 episode show.

Anyhow, if you do watch it, a good portion of the clip show show is stuff that happened, oh 3-4 episodes ago.

THey really are just not trying anymore.

316146[/snapback]

Amen to all of the above. At this point, the best resolution would be if all the major cast just died off, since they aren't doing another CE project anyway, I figure, what difference could it possibly make now.

Speaking of MSiAs, here is a good website to look up.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/...p=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Sorry for the REALLY REALLY LONG link but this has a long list of MSiA's up for review and its in english too. Plus this place is pic intensive so that if you have trouble deciding if you want that particular MSiA or not, you can go there to help make up your mind. ;)

Well, it's official - NO DRAGOONS for the Strike-Freedom MSIA:

Dammit, that's REALLY weak Bandai.  Seriously.  Not including the main defining gimmick of the suit??  WTF.  I really cannot express how much I was looking forward to this figure, and how disappointed I am in it now.

314773[/snapback]

Well, despite the non-removable Dragoons, it's still a pretty good figure. No real flaws, no warping. Good articulation, joints nice and tight, holds weapons well, reasonable paint job (although I don't like the gold bits).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Shinn in Destiny kick Kira's ass in Strike Freedom, cus we all know that after Impulse delivered the smackdown on Freedom, Kira is Shinn's bitch :lol::lol::lol: .

Graham

316121[/snapback]

Whoa, thems fightin words Graham. But about the MSIA SF, are the elbow and knee joints that off compared to the hands? From pics I've seen, the molded joint color is much more dull and off-gold compared to the shiny hands and belly gun.

I wanna know when the Murasame is gonna get some love either in toy or model form?

I mean the only Murasames so far are cheap and nasty gashapons.

A 1/100 kit or an MSIA toy would be nice.

Graham

316445[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some HG 1/144 Murasames a little later down the road. But I really doubt we'll see a 1/100 anytime soon.

I wanna know when the Murasame is gonna get some love either in toy or model form?

I mean the only Murasames so far are cheap and nasty gashapons.

A 1/100 kit or an MSIA toy would be nice.

Graham

316445[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some HG 1/144 Murasames a little later down the road. But I really doubt we'll see a 1/100 anytime soon.

316511[/snapback]

Thats the only MS I want from Seed Destiny, either a HG 1/144 or a MSIA/EMSIA, so I can have fun with it with my Z Gundam (Think YF-19 vs YF-21 ;) )

Edited by Black Valkyrie

it looks nice so far, most of the 1/60 non PG kits were not that cool but this one looks decent. the wings look great as well.

chris

The HCM Pro Destiny looks great. I love all the HCM Pros I've bought so far. I'll wait until I see the Cosmic Region version before I make my final choice though.

Of course, a GQ qould be nice too.

oops. meant to put this in the plamodel thread. Oh well, still applies here though.

Edited by Anubis

Comment about Episode 42:

Funny thing, those Jedis... they have a way with showing up when you least want them to and unlike the Dark Lords of the Sit...ZAFT, they have discovered the key to immortality. :lol:

And Kira's way to show that Shinn is still a newb:

untitled98cf.gif

Comment about Episode 42:

Funny thing, those Jedis... they have a way with showing up when you least want them to and unlike the Dark Lords of the Sit...ZAFT, they have discovered the key to immortality. :lol:

And Kira's way to show that Shinn is still a newb:

untitled98cf.gif

317967[/snapback]

Right on Kira! :D

Holy poo ep 42 was awesome. Kira totally showed up Shin good with strike freedom and he didnt even have to pull out the funnels( i have a feeling kira's work in astmosphere, since the super dragoon syestem might be diffrent from the one Legend uses). i laughed my ass off when shin was low on power. also it seems shin's F91 esque super speed and strike freedoms speed are roughly equil. also arent destiny and legend supposed to have half nuke/half battery engines? i guess like hybrid cars they need a little horsepower to start things up. the doms... Oh man teh awesome, they even pulled off the jet stream attack.

And we actually See a semi useful cagali, Akatsuki held up pretty well agenest destiny, for the time they fought, But i think the murasame trio bought it, atleast a trio of murasame's did. Cagali also seems to have taken some lessons from our old friend Bright Noa and does the bright noa punch to Yuna. Orb seems to be taking way more damage then it did in GS. Zafts attack is pretty ruthless.

last but not least we see the man who makes the impossible possible(im still not sure its mwu, but after hearing what he says in ep42, im giving it a 90% chance) help out the AA with skygrasper.

sadly the ep ends, with Athrun launching strike justice. Damned cliffhangers. this ep ALMOST made up for the inexcuseable recap ep. Almost.

I don't think he exactly owned Shinn. Owning Shinn would be chopping Destiny up to little pieces like he did with those Goufs. Obviously that didn't happen, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Kira may still put him down at some point, but at the moment, it's almost even.

Now, it seems that EA stupidity has transferred to ZAFT. Rey and Luna are both sitting in the ship while Minerva and AA duked it out. What a bunch of morons. Gladys should be shot for not ordering Impulse to launch and attack. After all, Luna is still under her command. But I suppose, with the super robot show, it's to be expected that military realism will have to just take a backseat.

Dom... hmmm, not impressed at all. Jetstream attack? Looked to me like the attack of the incredibly gay trio. Again, believable for super robot show they were running. So, are the DOM suits supposed to be on par with the gundams given how quickly they wiped out an entire attack force of Goufs and Zakus? I wonder how these three will stand up to Shinn at some point. Or will it be just another case of chop chop with Destiny.

And you'll note that not more than 20 episodes ago, the Gourf was one of the best suits around; gawd, you have to love how fast military technology advances. Makes you wonder if Neo/Mwu could even survive is his skygasper... (no, that wasn't a misspelling on my part)

Lastly, recycled footage notwithstanding, I wonder what happened to the avoid civilian casualty order from last episode. Give me another recap episode I say, we need to relive what happened in this episode next week, so that the animation team can have another break.

Edited by kalvasflam

I don't think he exactly owned Shinn.  Owning Shinn would be chopping Destiny up to little pieces like he did with those Goufs.  Obviously that didn't happen, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.  Kira may still put him down at some point, but at the moment, it's almost even.

318042[/snapback]

I agree. I don't expect to see anybody owning anyone till the last 1-2 episodes. I have to say though, Freedom's entrance was totally anticlimactic, one second Cagalli is about to get owned, then 15 seconds later Freedom pops into the atmosphere and saves her? Timings a little off...

The battle between SF and Destiny, of course Kira didn't pwned Destiny. It didn't last long enough. But to catch the sword with the palm of your hands, trust me, that's not a easy move and there is a certain degree of risk when doing that. As I said, Kira's move makes Shinn look like a newb...when using style on the battlefield. :lol:

No way :o ! Thats the next PG kit! Yes! I'm not that crazy about all those light though. He'll look great with the Strike for sure. I'm going to get one more Strike and do him in black armor with Aile Pack too. Just keep them coming Bandi.

No way :o ! Thats the next PG kit! Yes! I'm not that crazy about all those light though. He'll look great with the Strike for sure. I'm going to get one more Strike and do him in black armor with Aile Pack too. Just keep them coming Bandi.

318092[/snapback]

No. The 1/60 Strike Freedom is considered a HG/MG kit, not a PG kit. If it was a PG kit, it would say so. The 1/60 kits are usually around the level of a MG kit with a few more parts but with the details of a HG kit.

The 1/60 kits are usually around the level of a MG kit with a few more parts but with the details of a HG kit.

318096[/snapback]

I remember messing with a 1/60 Freedom a bit and it seemed more like a bigger version of an HG. The shoulders didn't swing forward like they do on the 1/100 Strike. It didn't have an internal frame either.

The battle between SF and Destiny, of course Kira didn't pwned Destiny. It didn't last long enough. But to catch the sword with the palm of your hands, trust me, that's not a easy move and there is a certain degree of risk when doing that. As I said, Kira's move makes Shinn look like a newb...when using style on the battlefield. :lol:

318086[/snapback]

You know what it was... pure dumb luck.

Kira: "Oh poo, here he comes again with a damned sword, oh god, what do I do, what do I do? He is gonna skewer me again. The gun isn't gonna stop him, oh poo... I'll put up both hands and wave frantically and hope it confuses him enough to throw off his aim."

And a second later....

Kira: "holy crap, did I do that? Did I just catch his anti-ship sword with my hands? Oh my God, unbelievable, poo, I'm gonna yank that thing right out of his hand so he can't skewer me again. Dammit, why didn't that bitch Lacus put an anti-ship sword on this Strike Freedom. Cheapskate."

:lol:

Edited by kalvasflam

The 1/60 kits are usually around the level of a MG kit with a few more parts but with the details of a HG kit.

318096[/snapback]

I remember messing with a 1/60 Freedom a bit and it seemed more like a bigger version of an HG. The shoulders didn't swing forward like they do on the 1/100 Strike. It didn't have an internal frame either.

318097[/snapback]

Yeh, now that I think about it, it is more HG than MG (this is what happens when I don't look at them for years). But there were some things that were on the 1/60s that were not on the 1/100s yet found on the MGs. I'll say this, it's a HG kit with more detail.

You know what it was... pure dumb luck. 

Kira: "Oh poo, here he comes again with a damned sword, oh god, what do I do, what do I do?  He is gonna skewer me again.  The gun isn't gonna stop him, oh poo... I'll put up both hands and wave frantically and hope it confuses him enough to throw off his aim." 

And a second later....

Kira: "holy crap, did I do that?  Did I just catch his anti-ship sword with my hands?  Oh my God, unbelievable, poo, I'm gonna yank that thing right out of his hand so he can't skewer me again.  Dammit, why didn't that bitch Lacus put an anti-ship sword on this Strike Freedom.  Cheapskate."

:lol:

318101[/snapback]

well, Kira sure looks like he knows what he's doing when he

-Toss up both of his Rifles, turns on his Beam Shields ,

-blocks Shins Anti-ship sword, yank it out of Destiny's hands and toss it away while

-fires his rail-guns at Destiny instead of firing a fatel Chest Cannon beam shot,

-then catches both of his rifle that he previously tossed up.

That sure looks like some kind of Pwnding to me :p

here's a pic for reference

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sfreedom6ou.jpg

well, Kira sure looks like he knows what he's doing when he

-Toss up both of his Rifles, turns on his Beam Shields ,

-blocks Shins Anti-ship sword, yank it out of Destiny's hands and toss it away while

-fires his rail-guns at Destiny instead of firing a fatel Chest Cannon beam shot,

-then catches both of his rifle that he previously tossed up.

That sure looks like some kind of Pwnding to me :p

here's a pic for reference

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sfreedom6ou.jpg

318153[/snapback]

Sometimes, randomly pressing buttons and moving around a joystick can get you unbelievable results. I daresay that this is one of those instances... It's called luck :lol:

318096[/snapback]

318097[/snapback]

Yeh, now that I think about it, it is more HG than MG (this is what happens when I don't look at them for years). But there were some things that were on the 1/60s that were not on the 1/100s yet found on the MGs. I'll say this, it's a HG kit with more detail.

318105[/snapback]

Yeah - it's the blown up HG kit, though the lighting apparently makes it cost as much as a PG kit (around 90 bucks, probably more with importing). I guess it falls in line wiht the HY2M kits the used to make with all the lights and stuff.

Shinn might have been surprized by Kira's shiny new Gundam, but Shinn is still up there, and has a good ability to adapt. He'll be fighting pretty even with Kira. Can't really say Kira pwned him because Shinn was still in the air. If he truly pwned Shinn he would have destroyed him. If anything this was Kira reminded Shinn he wasn't close to being finished yet.

actually Kira was giving a big reminder/hint to Shinn. Kira had the option to kill Shinn there and choose not to. But instead of being greatful Shinn got pissed, think he saids something like " Are you trying to say that if it was Beams I'll be dead?" You don't have to get destory to be consider pwned. You are consider pwned when the person you're trying to kill spears your life.