Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

So what does ZAKU and GOUF stand for then? I don't think they ever said, or I haven't seen anything.

I just seen episode 40. One wonders why Orb doesn't Coup De' Etat the Sarans sooner. It seems everyone would follow the Sarans to hell even when the military is obviously still allied to Cagali and doesn't like Jona much. Who wouldn't....bastard who can't even give orders. :angry:

Big baldie's afraid of Djibril. Djibril must have some WMD on the moon or something. Something vaguely described as Requiem. Hmmm.

I found it funny how the Akatsuki flaunted its chest to receive the beam rifle shots and bounce it back from where it came from. That was so deliberate. I imagined the Akatsuki to have the reflective armour as ADDED protection. Its like you have kevlar armour but you just stand in front of gun fire as if you're invulnerable. (i'm sure it hurts....) So what are the limits of this "anti-beam coating"? Is this just like phase shift, but for beam weapons, and does nuts to kinetic weapons?

dunno what GOUF stands for

314905[/snapback]

Guardian Of Unity Forerunner.

314907[/snapback]

Gawd, and I bet you're not just making that up.... that is just sad.

I wonder if Babi has an acronym too.

314922[/snapback]

DOM = Dauntless Obliterator Magnificent

Graham

Big baldie's afraid of Djibril. Djibril must have some WMD on the moon or something. Something vaguely described as Requiem. Hmmm.

I think the Requiem is going to be something similar to the Federation's Solar System. He doesn't really seem afraid of Djibril as opposed to reluctant to follow him.

I think the Requiem is going to be something similar to the Federation's Solar System. He doesn't really seem afraid of Djibril as opposed to reluctant to follow him.

315021[/snapback]

Daddy is what we in the business call a fence sitter. Even though he is a frigging moron since he gave up fence sitting when he allied Orb with EA. The die is already cast... and daddy needs to go.

As the saying goes, the middle of the road is great... great for getting run over by both sides.

Wolfx, you should also be amazed that the reflective property of Bling gundam which seem to violate the law of physics.

Edited by kalvasflam

I don't know if I'd say Anaheim Electronics has been run over by both sides.

315025[/snapback]

It depends on the guy who is sitting in the middle of the road. If he is nimble enough, he's ok for a while, but eventually it'll catch up to them. But even the guys at Anaheim had to pay when they played both sides, remember 0083?

It depends on the guy who is sitting in the middle of the road.  If he is nimble enough, he's ok for a while, but eventually it'll catch up to them.  But even the guys at Anaheim had to pay when they played both sides, remember 0083?

315033[/snapback]

Yeah but they didn't get taken out of the picture. Neo Gundam?

It depends on the guy who is sitting in the middle of the road.  If he is nimble enough, he's ok for a while, but eventually it'll catch up to them.  But even the guys at Anaheim had to pay when they played both sides, remember 0083?

315033[/snapback]

Yeah but they didn't get taken out of the picture. Neo Gundam?

315039[/snapback]

they paid a price... the idea with middle of the road is, you don't pay a price... Orb was middle of the road, and it go squashed coming, and soon it will be, it got squashed going.

they paid a price... the idea with middle of the road is, you don't pay a price... Orb was middle of the road, and it go squashed coming, and soon it will be, it got squashed going.

315045[/snapback]

Where did the idea that you don't pay a price for being in the middle of the road come from?

So what are the limits of this "anti-beam coating"? Is this just like phase shift, but for beam weapons, and does nuts to kinetic weapons?

314998[/snapback]

And I thought it would be a quiet night...

Since you bring it up, Akatsuki is coated with a "mirror coating" on it's armor, not anti-beam coating (which is probably on it's shield). This coating allows it to reflect (not refract like Forbidden's Geschmeidig Panzer or absorb like a regular shield) energy weapons. When I say reflect, I mean take a laser pointer or flashlight and shine it directly at a mirror. If you change the angle you change the angle of reflection, blah blah blah. How much wear and tear it can take is unknown.

Anti-beam coating, which is used on shields, is prone to wear-and-tear (ex: Yzak blocking Forbidden's shots with his shield). This is more like a space shuttle's heat protection tiles. With enough energy, a anti-beam coating can be rendered useless (like Strike Rouge blocking that shot from the Gunner Zaku). It's not like Phase shift, it's more like polish, so to speak. Phase Shift works by nullifying the impact. Anti-beam coating just absorbs it. It doesn't nullify the impact.

So the ultimate armor would be a combination of Phase-Shift and what ever Akatsuki has?

315055[/snapback]

Yeah...but I doubt the anime laws of economics could allow that. But we already have a solution for GS/GSD...beam shields or an "Armure Lumiere" lightwave barrier (but that's just a beam shield)

Thanks Azrael. Semantics aside, i knew there was a difference between the shield and bling gundam's coating....but of course you can argue that Impulse's shield refracted off its shield when Shinn VS Freedom.....well let's not go there. :rolleyes:

So the ultimate armor would be a combination of Phase-Shift and what ever Akatsuki has?

I'm guessing even if it was possible, its only possible to have phase shift under the mirror coating. Not sure if this is the case as of now though. Mirror coating logically would be vulnerable to kinetic weapons, thus it will be scratched off or "shattered" by conventional weapons? Only then will there be the phase shift that will take effect protecting the internals from kinetics.

The way I see it, mirror coating = fibro fibrous armour, phase shift = endo steel in Battletech universe.

The way I see it, mirror coating = fibro fibrous armour, phase shift = endo steel in Battletech universe.

315059[/snapback]

Ummm, I wouldn't say that. Ferro Fibrous Armour is just bulkier due to it's special weave, supplying more or equal protection at less weight. Nothing to do with reflection of beam wepaons. Endo Steel Internals are just to lighten up the Mech to allow you to put on heavier equipment, while taking up more criticals or space. The armour is not energy based.

Edited by kensei

Come on you guys, stop talking about cartoon politics and shift to reality! Specifically, the reality that the Strike Freedom MSIA has no Dragoons and how to bash it to give it some! I know there are people who know how on here....

315045[/snapback]

Where did the idea that you don't pay a price for being in the middle of the road come from?

315052[/snapback]

It's the whole point of playing both ends. So you don't pay a price for being stuck in either camp. That's basic... of course, the key thing is to remember that this isn't always a permanent state of affairs. As Orb so nicely proves.

Thanks Azrael. Semantics aside, i knew there was a difference between the shield and bling gundam's coating....but of course you can argue that Impulse's shield refracted off its shield when Shinn VS Freedom.....well let's not go there.  :rolleyes:

315059[/snapback]

All things considered, that's actually a little more realistic considering physics than Bling gundam's mirror coating. The beam actually reflected the right way with Impulse v Freedom.

Downloading ep. 41 raw right now....From the people who've seen it already, Athrun's half is worth a listening to. Otherwise, nothing new. Come back next week. <_<

Oh and they've put in IJ, SF, Akatsuki and Legend release it's DRAGOONs in the opening. Kira's half is boring. Go ahead and skip the episode if you want.

edit: More little things: the coloring of SF and IJ's joints are brighter in the opening. Preview for next week shows the DOMs landing and a patched Athrun going out.

Edited by azrael

Downloading ep. 41 raw right now....From the people who've seen it already, Athrun's half is worth a listening to. Otherwise, nothing new. Come back next week. <_<

Oh and they've put in IJ, SF, Akatsuki and Legend release it's DRAGOONs in the opening. Kira's half is boring. Go ahead and skip the episode if you want.

edit: More little things: the coloring of SF and IJ's joints are brighter in the opening. Preview for next week shows the DOMs landing and a patched Athrun going out.

315730[/snapback]

ep 41 is just a recap....darn it ! <_<<_<<_<

315730[/snapback]

Hi! i have downloaded the "Raw Gundam Seed Destiny" but I am unable to watch the show. Can anyone gives me some advices? Thank!

Edited by gavin123

Hi! i have downloaded the "Raw Gundam Seed Destiny" but I am unable to watch the show. Can anyone gives me some advices? Thank!

315844[/snapback]

There is not such thing as "Raw Gundam Seed Destiny" (now now, we don't need comments from the peanut gallery.... ;) ). It's "Gundam Seed Destiny" raw, as in raw anime or anime without subs.

Are you using Windows or Mac OS? Do you have the proper codecs installed (Divx or Xvid)? What media player are you using?

ep 41 is just a recap....darn it !

You didn't know? :blink: The hope was that there would be some character development in this episode but that didn't happen.

You didn't know?  The hope was that there would be some character development in this episode but that didn't happen.

with only 9 eps left, how dare they insert a recap?? urgh...Im imagining a hasty ending...where the whole universe will be destroyed...and only shinn and lunamaria are left to rule the world... :ph34r:

aaajin

Edited by aaajin

315844[/snapback]

There is not such thing as "Raw Gundam Seed Destiny" (now now, we don't need comments from the peanut gallery.... ;) ). It's "Gundam Seed Destiny" raw, as in raw anime or anime without subs.

Are you using Windows or Mac OS? Do you have the proper codecs installed (Divx or Xvid)? What media player are you using?

ep 41 is just a recap....darn it !

You didn't know? :blink: The hope was that there would be some character development in this episode but that didn't happen.

315851[/snapback]

I get it. Thanks for your advice. I am using window media player version 9. I did install Divx & Xvid codecs but it did not work. So what must i do next? Any recommendation?

Edited by gavin123

I get it. Thanks for your advice. I am using window media player version 9. I did install Divx & Xvid codecs but it did not work. So what must i do next? Any recommendation?

315854[/snapback]

where did you get the file?

Edited by azrael

315854[/snapback]

315856[/snapback]

i can't remember. Do you have any web site to recommend so that i can re-download the software? This is the show that i have downloaded "Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny ep 41 Raw (x264 640x480 60fps VBR)". Does it required any additional program to be installed?

315854[/snapback]

315856[/snapback]

i can't remember. Do you have any web site to recommend so that i can re-download the software? This is the show that i have downloaded "Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny ep 41 Raw (x264 640x480 60fps VBR)". Does it required any additional program to be installed?

315859[/snapback]

What program did you use to download that file? Perhaps the file is incomplete that's why there's a error. How many mb is the file? Depending on which Bittorrent program you were using, an incomplete file can look almost the same as a completed one. Your 200mb file could be just be fill with 50% of data and the rest is reserved waiting for the rest of the data to finish downloading.

Edited by F360

What program did you use to download that file?  Perhaps the file is incomplete that's why there's a error.  How many mb is the file?  Depending on which Bittorrent program you were using,  an incomplete file can look almost the same as a completed one.  Your 200mb file could be just be fill with 50% of data and the rest is reserved waiting for the rest of the data to finish downloading.

315861[/snapback]

Or did you get that file from a P2P network?

What program did you use to download that file?  Perhaps the file is incomplete that's why there's a error.  How many mb is the file?  Depending on which Bittorrent program you were using,  an incomplete file can look almost the same as a completed one.  Your 200mb file could be just be fill with 50% of data and the rest is reserved waiting for the rest of the data to finish downloading.

315861[/snapback]

Or did you get that file from a P2P network?

315863[/snapback]

i have downloaded the complete data. Nm. Maybe there is something wrong with my software. I will try 2 download the software again. I appreciate your help thank!

i can't remember. Do you have any web site to recommend so that i can re-download the software? This is the show that i have downloaded "Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny ep 41 Raw (x264 640x480 60fps VBR)".  Does it required any additional program to be installed?

As the filename says, it's encoded with the new x264/h264 codec.

Install FFDSHOW and have it handle the file - http://www.animetorrents.com/x264/