Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Strike Freedom was cool. I still don't like the gold joints though.

It still uses the same engine as the Freedom interestingly enough. So the Destiny still has a small edge there.

The DRAGOONs were pretty sweet, though his appear to squarely be single beam traditional funnel-style.

As such the Legend has a slight advantage in the DRAGOON department with it's multi-barreled versions. The Freedom compensates though with more beam cannons on the gundam itself.

At least if the DRAGOONs don't work in atmosphere Kira still has as much firepower as he did before.

I wonder if Mwu might end up in the Akatsuki after all. It's got to be either that or the gold Murasame, and the Murasame just isn't going to cut it if he has to engage either of the Zaft trio. Strike is now officially obsolete, so I doubt anyone will touch that again. It at least got a good final sortie. Cagalli might start with the Akatsuki, but once Mwu gets his memory back it could easily be turned over to him instead.

As for Gaia, I wonder if it's the original or another one. I hope they clarify that. I can't say I really like it in red though, black suits it much better.

Does anyone else find it odd that Kira and Lacus have not kissed on screen even ONCE yet in both series? It's not really a big deal, especially since they're at least showing more emotion, but I still think it's wierd.

Edited by Anubis

I think it is the first time in Gundam history the protagonist ride on his old Gundam after he got a new one.

311430[/snapback]

It is a rare thing, but not quite. In Gundam ZZ, there's several instances when Judau Ashta goes back to using the Zeta Gundam after he's already received the ZZ Gundam.

I think it is the first time in Gundam history the protagonist ride on his old Gundam after he got a new one.

311430[/snapback]

It is a rare thing, but not quite. In Gundam ZZ, there's several instances when Judau Ashta goes back to using the Zeta Gundam after he's already received the ZZ Gundam.

311741[/snapback]

That doesn't count, since the Zeta Gundam was still a superior MS.

I wonder if Mwu might end up in the Akatsuki after all. It's got to be either that or the gold Murasame, and the Murasame just isn't going to cut it if he has to engage either of the Zaft trio. Strike is now officially obsolete, so I doubt anyone will touch that again. It at least got a good final sortie. Cagalli might start with the Akatsuki, but once Mwu gets his memory back it could easily be turned over to him instead.

Doubtful. But you know...no one heard of Providence until the month that it aired. But for now, he'll probably take the Andy's Murasame. But who knows. We should get some more spoilers this week from Gundam Ace. I doubt he'll take Akatsuki.

As for Gaia, I wonder if it's the original or another one. I hope they clarify that. I can't say I really like it in red though, black suits it much better.

The best explaination would probably be that it's a new Gaia. The translated summary I read of the episode indicated that Eternal was docked with a hidden factory. That's where they were building the DOMs, SF, and IJ. When that recon GINN found them, they decided to leave the factory and draw ZAFT's attention by launching Eternal. The factory is on silent at the moment but it wouldn't surprise me that they built their own Gaia.

Technically....it's not his old ride. He reprogrammed Strike Rouge's Phase-Shift (what can I say...Cagalli has a weird brother), but yeah, you could say it's his "old ride". ;)

The best explaination would probably be that it's a new Gaia. The translated summary I read of the episode indicated that Eternal was docked with a hidden factory. That's where they were building the DOMs, SF, and IJ. When that recon GINN found them, they decided to leave the factory and draw ZAFT's attention by launching Eternal. The factory is on silent at the moment but it wouldn't surprise me that they built their own Gaia.

311764[/snapback]

That's just so strange to hear that Lacus has a hidden war factory somewhere. And let's face it, these guys obviously have been busy, because you don't just design a new suit out of the blue. DOMs are entirely new, while SF and IJ can be considered upgrades, there are a few indications that the differences aren't just LEGOed onto the back of the original suits. Those must've taken at least years to develop from scratch even if they use a lot of existing technology.

Ha ha, essentially, little ice princess has been out setting up little weapons factory and warehouses for war long before the war actually started. Wonder if she's a member of LOGOs :lol: May be she is Anehiem Electronics of the CEverse. Which makes Orb... well, redundant.

Edited by kalvasflam

I think i'm the only one who doesn' like Strike Freedom. SF is pretty much the same old freedom, but with Dragoons.

It still has its silly barrage where it fires in one direction but hits from many different directions, just like the old one. I never liked the freedom's barrage. I always thought it was silly overpowered.

You know i have a fan theory, that Lacus was actually behind all this conspirating. Dullindal was just her pawn, and the Clyne Foundation was the true "Logos". The Logos were just scapegoats that the CF let them have the control when in fact the CF were the ones with the latest technology. Just that the Logos got out of their control and got too greedy, so CF steps in to pull the galaxy back together. Kira finds out, teary eyed, not knowing who he's fighting for and decides to attack Lacus in his rage....hohoho. Then lacus in "Alpha Azieru" mobile armour engages Kira and ...i never thought beyond that.

If Strike Freedom is still using the N-Jammer Canceller...wouldn't that make Lacus the only person (other than Logos) to break the non-nuclear truce? And all this in the name of peace. She was anticipating war. I bet she's just a war monger.. :lol:

And it was mentioned PS colors are permanent. They can't be "reprogrammed" like with the rouge...hmmmmm.....

Blah, forget editing my last post...

It still uses the same engine as the Freedom interestingly enough. So the Destiny still has a small edge there.

That should probably be "same engine-type". A few months back, some magazines mentioned the gold-color on S-Freedom (and silver on IJ) were a product of a new engine. And considering the armaments on SF and IJ, they probably increased the reactor output while keeping it at a relative equal size compared to the last set.

And it was mentioned PS colors are permanent. They can't be "reprogrammed" like with the rouge...hmmmmm.....

Kira hacks...... :lol:

I think i'm the only one who doesn' like Strike Freedom. SF is pretty much the same old freedom, but with Dragoons.

311794[/snapback]

No, you're not the only one. I liked it better the first time I saw it, when it was called the Nu Gundam. Let's face it, between the Zakus, Goufs and now the Doms (or is that Rik Dom?) Destiny has really, really REALLY run out of ideas for new and unique Mobile Suits.

No, you're not the only one. I liked it better the first time I saw it, when it was called the Nu Gundam. Let's face it, between the Zakus, Goufs and now the Doms (or is that Rik Dom?) Destiny has really, really REALLY run out of ideas for new and unique Mobile Suits.

Only if the purpose of the show was to be a completely brand-new addition to the Gundam franchise, as opposed to a revamping, in which case the suits are great!

I'm going for the explanation that this is a second Gaia. I can't think of any way they'd be able to steal the first one, although it would tie things together a bit closer in terms of story and plot. I guess Andy saw the specs of the Gaia, saw that it had an MS similar to his old Bucue, and said "me wants". I like the colours of the new one also.

I'm wondering though - comparing SF to Legend, Legend actually seems rather inferior now. They've both got 8 dragoon unites, but SF has lots of other doo-dads while Legend really doesn't.

Here's a babelfish translation from the Japanese Seed-D website:

X20A Strike Freedom-

-In order that situation of the ザフト terrestrial combination which continues the further stupor is broken the last trump which was developed. It has the combat efficiency of several times of freedom due to loading and the like the new model engine. It is feature for color of the joint to become gold.

X19A Infinite Justice-

-With strike freedom Gundam the new model MS which was developed. Due to loading the new model engine with the power of several times of the old justice, as for color of the joint silver has applied.

Although not the best translation, it says how both MS's are several times more efficient/powerful than their older versions...

311816[/snapback]

The biggest problem is saturation. With GSD, you have Strike, Impulse, Destiny, Freedom, SF... now, I don't know about the rest of you, but on the outside, they just don't look that different at a glance.

You can imagine how easily people can be confused with all those models. You can kind of say the same thing for AEGIS, Saviour, Justice types, but at least you can pick out some minor differences on those just at a glance. Now, Gundams are literally grunt suits (see Destroy). Oversaturation. Hell, in GS/GSD series alone, they have twice the number of unique gundams than all of UC put together. They are probably gonna end up rivaling the number of Gundams in G-gundam at this rate.

I remember in Zeta where they had literally a dozen MS that aren't gundams, but are perfectly capable of fighting with Gundams one on one. The O, Gaplant, Gabthley, Hambrabi, just to name a few.

Edited by kalvasflam

I wouldn't say the Strike was showing it's age since Kira wasn't really fighting. He was more interested in keeping Eternal safe as opposed to taking out hostiles and once Andy told him to get aboard and pick his new ride up, fighting wasn't priority one. I think if they developed some new Striker Packs, the Strike would still have a lot of fight left in it.

It was only missing it's lower arms and legs, and the main body wasn't damaged that bad. There's still a chance they repair it and give it to La Fllaga.

Edited by Druna Skass

It was only missing it's lower arms and legs, and the main body wasn't damaged that bad. There's still a chance they repair it and give it to La Fllaga.

311941[/snapback]

MWu in strike again? noooo!! At least get him his exass! :angry:

311941[/snapback]

MWu in strike again? noooo!! At least get him his exass! :angry:

311955[/snapback]

Hehe u mean Find and Sneak onto the Girty Lue (whatever its name is dont matter) and take it back since he has been MIA for a while now.....well with Destiny...still kinda possible <_<

Well the Strike was doing good against them. Never knew its beam rifle could be fired as fast as he did that one time he hit those three zakus (the gouf dodged the last shot) and he tryed to fly it around like Freedom. Hey in the hanger with the Strike, what kind of MS were those next to it? Anyone know? I couldent tell.

They probably changed it to Strike Freedom since Nu and Super have been used already.

Never knew its beam rifle could be fired as fast as he did that one time he hit those three zakus (the gouf dodged the last shot) and he tryed to fly it around like Freedom.

That's probably a by-product of lowering Rouge's power specs to Strike's level. He could pour more power to weapons allowing a faster rate of fire.

Hey in the hanger with the Strike, what kind of MS were those next to it? Anyone know? I couldent tell.

What MS? Time please?

If anything....Kira should have brought the IWSP with him. Rouge was designed to use that thing. :(

Hey in the hanger with the Strike, what kind of MS were those next to it? Anyone know? I couldent tell.

What MS? Time please?

If anything....Kira should have brought the IWSP with him. Rouge was designed to use that thing. :(

311970[/snapback]

Doesn't the IWSP only work in atmospheric flight? I though it was like a aile pack with better weapons designed for atmospheric fighting.

Sorry Azrael....heres the time it was. it was 11:50 - 11:53.

Lookin at it again all I could see of the one to its right of the Strike was a Red kneecap thing so its probably a Murasame. Sigh I was kinda hoping for more Strikes, though that would be pointless but kool. :(

Sorry Azrael....heres the time it was. it was 11:50 - 11:53.

Lookin at it again all I could see of the one to its right of the Strike was a Red kneecap thing so its probably a Murasame. Sigh I was kinda hoping for more Strikes, though that would be pointless but kool.  :(

311987[/snapback]

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/mvf-m11c.htm

Yeh, it's a Murasame.

Doesn't the IWSP only work in atmospheric flight? I though it was like a aile pack with better weapons designed for atmospheric fighting.

Huh? :blink: It works in space.

Finally saw ep 39 and it was great.

"Two minutes!? Twenty five Zakus and Goufs were wiped out in only two minutes!?

I know that Captain was crapping in his pants. :lol:

Now we know Dullindal the real bad guy here. Project Destiny, I wonder what that is?

MWu in strike again? noooo!! At least get him his exass!  :angry:

311955[/snapback]

I 'd like to see him a Strike with a DRAGOON Striker Pack actualy. I'm sure Lacus has specs to that system. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the Strike still has a lot of fight left in it, it just needs some updated Striker Packs to keep pace. If the Strike doesn't have enough power with it's battery, it's not like anyone is still abiding by the Junius 7 Treaty, so they could probably install a reactor.

New pictures of the Strike Freedom and the Net premiere of the Infinite Justice MSIA's right here:

http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zbm98327/LIST/ibe/ibe8.htm

I'm getting more and more nervous that the Strike-Freedom figure doesn't have detachable Dragoons. Lord, I hope this isn't the case, cause it's a beautiful figure. Infinite Justice looks......(wait for it).......infinitely better than the Justice AMSIA! *ba-doom-boom*

I'm getting more and more nervous that the Strike-Freedom figure doesn't have detachable Dragoons.  Lord, I hope this isn't the case, cause it's a beautiful figure.

I hope it doesn't have detachable ones - detachable ones are just asking for instability and pieces that can be lost.

Infinite Justice looks......(wait for it).......infinitely better than the Justice AMSIA!  *ba-doom-boom*

A true MSIA of Justice would be nice one of these days.

Just a quick spoiler from the Char Blog:

(Spoiler, highlight to read)

Episode 41: Refrain

It's a recap episode focusing on Athrun and Kira.

Yeh yeh, that sucks. :rolleyes:

Here's a babelfish translation from the Japanese Seed-D website:

X20A Strike Freedom-

-In order that situation of the ザフト terrestrial combination which continues the further stupor is broken the last trump which was developed. It has the combat efficiency of several times of freedom due to loading and the like the new model engine. It is feature for color of the joint to become gold.

X19A Infinite Justice-

-With strike freedom Gundam the new model MS which was developed. Due to loading the new model engine with the power of several times of the old justice, as for color of the joint silver has applied.

Although not the best translation, it says how both MS's are several times more efficient/powerful than their older versions...

311828[/snapback]

offtopic.gif

That's not shin kudo on your avatar!!! :blink: Still, the new pilot must be a lot better than shin kudo. B))

Edited by grss1982

I like how the box says "Mobile Suit Strike Freedom Gundam" as if that's the name of the show. :)

313057[/snapback]

...That's where the name of the MS normally goes. All of the most recent generation packaging is that way.

Just because Shinn's obnoxious and unpopular enough not to get the title card spot on the second two openings doesn't mean Bandai's going "Gundam SEED Destiny? Rofl! It was really Gundam SEED STRIKE-U FREEDOM THE ENTIRE TIME!" all over everything related to the show. Impulse's sales were crap, so they went with the safe bet (Freedom) to be the second half's mascot suit.

313049[/snapback]

Ha, the title is so perfect for an episode of this type. It speaks out loud: PLEASE STOP IT. Fukuda needs to be shot in the head for putting up an episode like that while the bloody story is in tatters.

Impulse's sales were crap

Do you have any sales figures to back that statement up, or is it just speculation?

313082[/snapback]

I don't have the sales figures to back it up, no. Every indication I've seen on the matter says that Fuduka himself came out and admitted it during one of his interviews. If he didn't and Impulse's sales didn't suck, I respectfully retract my remark.

Edit:

It should also be noticed it wouldn't be his first decision based purely on sales numbers. Dearka defected to the Archangel primarily due to poor sales of Buster's merchandise..

Edited by Atheonyirh

313049[/snapback]

That better be false, unless the show has been extended past 50 episodes there is no need for a recap episode. They wasted enough time between episodes 12 and 30 and if they plan on wasting time on this BS "episode" then they are wasting more precious time. I honestly can't see how they are planning on climaxing then wrapping up the series in the next 11 episodes.

That better be false, unless the show has been extended past 50 episodes there is no need for a recap episode.  They wasted enough time between episodes 12 and 30 and if they plan on wasting time on this BS "episode" then they are wasting more precious time.  I honestly can't see how they are planning on climaxing then wrapping up the series in the next 11 episodes.

313131[/snapback]

Well this is Fukuda we're talking about...

Do people in Japan hate this guy too?

This new recap episode business is complete BS. They don't need a recap episode when there's only 11 episodes left. Not to mention the -Edited- Episode might count against the 50, meaning the series could cap at 49, so there would only be 8 episodes to go after the new recap. Is there anything concrete about wether -Edited- counted against the 50-count?

They've had enough recaps already, this news kind of pisses me off. Last thing we need is ANOTHER Kira/Athrun recap episode. Stupid.

Anyway, some new stuff from Gunota.

Akatsuki - Its backpack can separate and transform into a fighter.

Euclid - The MA that appeared in Phase-38. Can be used both on Earth and in space. Size front-to-back is 30 meters.

So Akatsuki's backpack can separate and transform. So it's a gold plated Justice? Or does it mean the backpack is a core-block fighter?

Edited by Anubis