Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I think Shinn deserve the punch.,, because he clearly ask for it when he talked that way to his superior officer in front of everyone. You just can't do that in the military and gets away with it. Athrun was force to punch him because of peer pressure,, since everybody is watching. If he don't act,, he will loose respect from the Minerva crew,, or what's left of it since Shinn's been talking behind his back anyways. You are not suppose be a push over when your are a high ranking officer and a lower ranking soldier just disrepected you in front of every one. It seems Athrun only hits Shinn when Shinn disrepect him in front of a bunch of fellow soldiers. A Superior officer always has rights to punish a lower ranking soldier for doing stupid things.

Tamashii has the Cosmic Region Freedom Gundam pics up.

link

Not bad, except for the Shield only mounting in the one spot. Wonder if the shoulder cannons move like they do on the MG kit.

Edited by Anubis

I saw the thread on Animesuki: what would you do to rewrite GSD to make the storyline more interesting.

It got me to thinking about what's wrong with the series, which was mainly storylines that don't end, things that don't wrap up and focusing on older characters for no apparent reason and jumping around a lot more than needed. So thinking about this, I thought this would be what I'd do if I wrote GSD:

Everything up until Minerva leaving Orb would be about the same. Then things will change majorly, there are several assumptions:

1. Dullindal is in fact evil for whatever reason.

2. Dullindal is pulling LOGOS strings behind the scenes and LOGOs is not even aware

3. EA is competent, especially Neo and the new druggies, who are quite simply put: DEADLY. They have a major military, and are very smart about their strategy. They are a lot more like the Titans.

4. Kira decides not to be a wuss boy and goes for the kill instead of just crippling.

5. Neo is not Mwu, Mwu is DEAD.

The story will goes something like this:

Athrun agrees to come back to Earth, but it takes him a few more episode to get back because he has to get help to break through the blockage around Earth that EA set up. He gets one or two episodes with Deakka and Yzak concentrating on this.

At the same time, Lacus assassination attempt still occurs and fails.

Cagalli grows a backbone seeing Yuuna stab Minerva in the back, so, she immediately consolidates support among the Orb military, kicks Yuuna family out of power, and abrogates the treaty with EA and declares neutrality even though ZAFT offers an alliance, with Dullindal saying: "no one can stay neutral forever, sooner or later, you have to decide." Cagalli ignores the message.

This pisses off Jibril, and so he orders Neo to undertake a special mission to render Orb harmless. So, Neo uses stolen Gundams along with older ZAFT suits captured during the last war and launches an attack on Orb with the aim of decapitating the government and disarming the military using EMP devices. Freedom interferes and fights the druggies, but EA succeeds in killing Cagalli and seriously damaging Orb military. Everyone thinks ZAFT has become the enemy. But holding to Cagalli's last wishes, Orb stays neutral.

After the incident, Kira decides that ZAFT may be very interested in Lacus given the assassination. So, they plan and send Lacus to space while AA along with a small contingent of Orb military leave the area. They will act as bait, making ZAFT think Lacus is still on Earth.

At the same time, Minerva arrives at Australia base and is ordered to lead a strike group to take the Suez canal. So, instead of having one or two suits on Minerva, we'll have a dozen or so Zakus loaded aboard, along with a dozen subs. (A major force) We'll go through one or two episodes here, where they fight EA, and the ZAFT task force lose most of their troops, essentially character development for Shinn as he gets stronger.

Athrun finally makes it back to Earth after Yzak helps him break through the EA blockade, and goes to Orb, he finds out that Cagalli is dead, Kira and company are no longer around, and everyone thinks that ZAFT attacked Orb, even though it was EA using stolen/captured suits. Since he can't find Kira, and Orb isn't the right place for him. He finds Minerva and hooks up with them and help them to liberate Suez. Jibril then sends Neo after Minerva, and we have a couple more fights.

While Minvera is fighting their way to Suez, Dullindal sends out a special squad of Goufs lead by Heine and gives him one of those ZAFT carrier subs with orders to kill the AA. This should be about two episodes, where Kira gets rid of whatever rust of two years of inactivity, and basically destroys the carrier sub and forces Heine and company to retreat. Kira at this point has basically gone nuts, no more nice Kira, he goes for the kill.... it makes sense since he thinks ZAFT killed his sister and is trying to kill his girlfriend. Note: Heine is competent here, but is also a visicous little bastard, think of him as the Yazan of GSD.

Minerva docks at the base in Turkey, and here, the chairman meets up with Athrun and company, tells them about LOGOs and put Heine and his team aboard Minerva since most of Minerva's other troops had been killed during the Suez liberation stuff. We'll get the Shinn meet Stella episode. Minerva is then ordered to check out an EA lab facility. (this would be the one abandoned by EA)

AA at the same time finds out about this facility, so, they decide to check out what's going on. (yeah, this part is a bit contrived, but heck, it's nothing compared to what they already did in GSD)

Minerva lands, and Talia has Heine and company pull security along with Shinn (who is still the "junior member" of the team), while Athrun and company goes and checks out the base. AA arrives, and Shinn sees Freedom, and remembers his parents from two years ago, and goes BESERK and attacks Freedom. Kira sees Heine's MS and they have a free for all. Athrun comes running in to try to stop the fighting... and tries to tell Kira that EA set ZAFT up. Kira doesn't exactly buy this, but since it's Athrun, he has doubts now... but then EA shows up, Neo and the stolen gundams along with a lot of Windams, so suddenly we have a three way melee. Kira sees that Athrun was telling the truth, but that doesn't stop Shinn and Heine from trying to kill Kira. The end result, Gaia gets crippled, Stella is captured, Auel is killed, Heine is killed somehow because of Kira's interference, Freedom is forced to retreat when ZAFT reinforcements show up.

Now, we'll get the Shinn returns Stella to Neo episode; and then Stella gets put into Destroy. We get the Destroy vs Freedom vs Impulse episode, and Stella gets killed by kira, no explosion, I'm talking beam saber in her gut here. Here, Neo and Sting both survive and run back home. Athrun notes that the surviving members of Heine's squad keeps trying to attack Kira even though Destroy is the enemy. Eventually, Kira retreats. Athrun talks to Shinn and gets him to question about the motivation for fighting Kira and so forth, he can't deter Shinn from revenge, but does force Shinn to think about what he has done, especially the consequences of giving Stella back to Neo. Shinn now hates Neo even more than Kira.

Dullindal then reveals LOGOs, and Minerva is secretly ordered to take out AA. Athrun objects and defects in Saviour. The rest of Heine's goufs are taken out, but Kira goes down at the hands of Impulse, and it takes Athrun to save him, but here Shinn isn't as blinded and doesn't try to go for the kill shot. AA barely escapes. They can't go back to Orb because then Orb would be a target for ZAFT. Athrun insists on talking with Dullindal, so he heads out into space.

Shinn is hero for taking down Freedom. Dullindal gives him Destiny, and orders ZAFT to go against LOGOs. Dullindal also secretly gives Legend to Neo, who is revealed to be Dullindal's inside man at LOGOs all along and the guy in. At wherever LOGOs base is, ZAFT comes up against new druggies plus Sting. We have a fight, here Jibril is killed, LOGOs is done, and the rest of EA surrenders. While Athrun is trying to talk to get to PLANT, he is intercepted by Neo, and Savior is wrecked. But Athrun escapes and is saved by Lacus. Dullindal then proclaims that ZAFT is now in charge of the planet, and he uses Neo and the druggies who surrendered to enforce his rule, anyone who doesn't comply is killed, including those in ZAFT is killed.

Dullindal is revealed to have planned the Junius 7 drop from before. Minerva along with a good number ZAFT on Earth as well as space rebel against Dullindal, most of Earth rebel against Dullindal's rule. AA joins up with Minerva, they all head off into space and meet with Lacus and her secret army. Athrun and Kira gets their new MS, and Shinn joins along. Dullindals' forces lose control of the Earth, and he is pressed by rebel ZAFT and EA forces, so he reveals GENSIS II. With the concept, if I can't have it, no one can, and threatens to destroy Earth. Then we'll have a glorious final fight, here Athrun and Kira takes back stage because they're trying to kill GENSIS II, and Shinn fights Neo. End of story, Neo/Dullindal dies, everyone is happy, Earth is saved. Side note, somehow work in Athrun to become so disillusioned by the leaders of ZAFT, he decides to take over PLANT at the end of series.

Here's a loose over view of what I would have had happen...

Background.

The ZAFT and the Alliance continue weapons development in the interwar years. Orb sees this subtle arms race and develops their own advanced suits including Gundams.

Gilbert is actualy a part of LOGOS, they send him up there to help perpeutate a war, but while he's in PLANT he gets more ambitious and decided to take over the organization.

Neo is Mwu, with his memories submerged but he has occational flashbacks from the last war that he can't explain. It all comes back to him in a battle where he sees Archangel under attack and a beam is about to hit the bridge, at the last moment when it all comes back to him he deflects the beam with is Windam's shield. He joins the Archangel and gets a proper Gundam.

Following the Break the World incident (engineered by LOGOS) the Alliance drafts a new treaty that makes it like the Earth Federation. Then the Alliance goes on the offensive and captures Gibraltar and smashes what ever anti-Alliance resistance movements spring up.

Following LOGOS's script the Alliance "allows" ZAFT to take South America and southern North America, but instead of stopping at the Rio Grande as planned Gilbert reveals his intentions to LOGOS and moves towards Washington DC. North America itself is fairly lightly defended and Washington is taken along with most of LOGOS's members, and as the Alliance captial the Alliance is throwin into chaos as the chain of command falls apart and ZAFT gains more ground, until they control about a third of Earth's land.

During all this Orb is biding it's time and finds out about Gilbert and LOGOS. The Orb leadership is torn between taking out both of them, or playing both sides against the middle. The latter side wins and Orb becomes like Anaheim Electronics, while Cagali takes her supporters and covertly fight both sides working to eliminate Djbril and Gilbert.

The war enters a stalemate and Cagali on the ground works to get Djibril and Lacus in space targets Gilbert. To break the stalemate both sides roll out new Gundams and superweapons. The Alliance fires their own GENESIS at ZAFT's forces and ZAFT retaliates by dropping an asteroid in western Europe. Both Cagali and Lacus are one step away from capturing Djibril and Gilbert and the two make an announcement to the world that the whole war was nothing more than some mafia civil war. Groups from both ZAFT and the Alliance turn on their leaders and the result is a huge three way battle on Earth and in space. Gilbert is arrested by Yzak but when he refuses he's assasinated by Elieen who says trusting him was a mistake. On Earth a battle has broken out over Djibril's stronghold and as a combined Alliance and ZAFT commando team move to arrest him he activates a Cyclopes and takes them all out with him.

Minerva would follow Gilbert up until the end when Gilbert is revealed to be a rouge LOGOS, it then switches over to Lacus's side and leads their forces. Archangel would get caugh in the Cyclopes blast but would survive (they were at the edge) and the damage would be beyond repair.

sigh...were getting into "what if" situacions. KInda shows us we are really not approving of the current story. Well Duh. Druna Skass has a neat idea. But why cant Mwu be Neo in Kavasflam's story? Just curious why you dont want Mwu back. He was a pretty popular character. Well I guess that would make him the perfect bad-guy for Dullindal to control at the end. But in that story, hes the only main bad guy with a Gundam. Vs pretty much every other charcter. Kira, Athrun, Shin, Rey, Luna, Yzak, and anyone else. Dullindals faction seems kinda weak in the ammount of aces is has. Even though Kira and Athrun would be busy getting to Genesis II, Shin vs Neo is not that climactic.

And Kavasflams hatred for Cagali really shows in his story cuz he kills her off early before she just crys.... :lol:

So in your story, since Cagali dies, Athrun is alone, does he hook up with Lunamaria??? :rolleyes:

sigh...were getting into "what if" situacions. KInda shows us we are really not approving of the current story. Well Duh. Druna Skass has a neat idea. But why cant Mwu be Neo in Kavasflam's story? Just curious why you dont want Mwu back. He was a pretty popular character. Well I guess that would make him the perfect bad-guy for Dullindal to control at the end. But in that story, hes the only main bad guy with a Gundam. Vs pretty much every other charcter. Kira, Athrun, Shin, Rey, Luna, Yzak, and anyone else. Dullindals faction seems kinda weak in the ammount of aces is has. Even though Kira and Athrun would be busy getting to Genesis II, Shin vs Neo is not that climactic.

And Kavasflams hatred for Cagali really shows in his story cuz he kills her off early before she just crys.... :lol:

So in your story, since Cagali dies, Athrun is alone, does he hook up with Lunamaria??? :rolleyes:

No, I set it up for a sequel... Athrun's counter attack, he becomes absolutely bitter, ends up like Char, has a final duel to the death with Kira, thus closing out the CE universe for good.

As for Dullindal faction being weak, I didn't bother fleshing out the story more after extrapolating to current episodes. If by weak you mean he doesn't have these main character type pilots, fine, I can accept that. But nobody ever thought Haman in Zeta gundam was weak, even though her side (Haman was always on her own side) technically had no other main character type pilots. So, it's not a very valid argument there.

Seriously though, it's not that I don't like Cagalli, it's that characters should play an active part in the story line and have impact. I got sick of watch GSD with it's myriad of characters, most of whom have no impact whatsoever yet still get screen time. They need to have an impact event, not just kill off characters that nobody cared about. Sting died... huh? Auel died... who's Auel again? Heine... he was orange right? Stella.... oh, Shinn's sicko puppy girlfriend whose only contribution was "afraid, dying, lah lah lah...."

Shinn vs Neo is dramatic if you assume Neo is not dumbed down as he has been. Think of Neo as Jerid... no... try more of a Scirroco without the ability to plot. Essentially, think of Scirocco being split into two people, Dullindal and Neo.

Well more build up to a Climax with Neo vs Shin would be more possible if the story was actually done your way and shown. Ya know. Add all the kool music and stuff and like mini battles between Shin and Neo maybe. Dunno just sayin from what I read it didnt sound climactic. Though thats ok because you summurized it. Not like we watched your series and know all about it. And dont get me wrong it does sound good. But lets not keep re-writing this. We cant possibly fit it all in here.

And I was teasin u bout Cagali...but seriously...would Athrun hook up with Luna? :rolleyes:

*pokes kalvasflam* say yes.....

I agree on Neo vs Shinn... but the story line (theirs) right now is too forced. They are somehow just missing the story quality, you'll notice in Zeta, you don't see Yazan or Jerid all that much, but they're both more or less impact players, and the story mesh well. They don't drag in people like Sayla, or Mirai or whatever for no reason or to show a cameo. When they brought in Sai, he had a role, well integrated, and then when he was gone, there was at least a good reason. Same with Hayato, hardly favorite characters.

Can you even see these guys trying to bring back Sai and Kuzy? Right now, you get a five second with Yzak/Deakka, and you're kind of wondering what was the point of that? Ah well, there is always a hope they can salvage the season.

Edited by kalvasflam

Theres hope. Athrun leaving Minerva is one. A little too late maybe. But still. And actually I havent seen Zeta yet. *ducks chairs* Hey hey I did just win it on Ebay tho. so hopefully itll be here this week. :D Well aslong as they dont cut the series short about 10 eps, than I can still live with Destiny.

It's ok, I haven't seen Zeta yet either. I'm finishing up Mobile Suit Gundam first.

The pacing so far is at least better than the first show, so I'm still pleased with how it's going. I just wish they got to Gibraltar earlier to get to the good stuff without quite as much filler. Things are heating up with 15 episodes or so to go so I'm hopeful for a good ending.

Then wait for Shinn's Counterattack next year. :p

Edited by Anubis

No, I set it up for a sequel... Athrun's counter attack, he becomes absolutely bitter, ends up like Char, has a final duel to the death with Kira, thus closing out the CE universe for good.

Many thought the same with Char's Counter Attack, it was even spoken in the trailers as "The end of Ultimate rivals" and were glad the movie ended like it did....however, it still continued with UC shows :( though I like alot of the shows that appeared after CCA...I really do wish it had ended with that movie and not continued on to what it is now....I feel Gundam's just becoming a Sentia like flat footed joke.

Well Anubis Im bypassing Mobile Suit Gundam. I tryed to watch it a few times. But I honestly couldent. But I got the story pretty much down. And I will probably watch the Movie versions of it. But Ive already spoiled alot of the story for myself since i was so curious.

Well whatever Ima catch up on all this. One step at a time. Im just so impatient, I hate waiting for Saturdays......

Ohh and hey I just remembered sumthing kinda pointless but, remember those three Murasame pilots, well I think one of them had Reddish hair with Red tinted sunglasses. Kinda reminded me of Max when I first saw him. And I was hoping he would be the one to slice Chaos.... <_<

Well, I can't say much for the animation on Zeta, but I always thought it had a good story. It wasn't really flooded with the characters from MSG, I mean they are in there, and are put to good use, but the focus was more on the new characters.

It is annoying though, they dragged GSD on forever I think, they could've cut out a good part of that Orb pointlessness and made a good storyline.

I don't mind if they keep doing Gundams, I don't even mind if they stay in CE. But the story need to be interesting and compelling. I remember originally fukuda said that GSD would be a commentary on the iraq war... what a stupid idea, do a compelling story, don't do a political message

Turn A was an excellent Gundam series, one of the best around period. I just wish they'd have let Katoki work his magic on the Turn A Gundam instead of having it be pure Syd Mead. It just looks so damn goofy, and for the last, ultimate Gundam, doesn't look like a Gundam at all. <_<

yeah, if Turn A have a more normal Mecha designs then it will be more popular for sure. Just the looks of the Turn A gundam, is enough to turn some people away from the series without giving it a chance. For them Turn A = Turn around and walk away. If only.. Sigh.....

They don't drag in people like Sayla, or Mirai or whatever for no reason or to show a cameo. When they brought in Sai, he had a role, well integrated, and then when he was gone, there was at least a good reason. Same with Hayato, hardly favorite characters.

Can you even see these guys trying to bring back Sai and Kuzy? Right now, you get a five second with Yzak/Deakka, and you're kind of wondering what was the point of that? Ah well, there is always a hope they can salvage the season.

Actually, they would have brought in Sayla in Zeta. Unfortunately, Ms. Inoue was busy during the production of Zeta so they couldn't call her in. So they pushed her to ZZ. :)

Bring back Sai....nah. Anyways, his seiyuu (Tetsu Shiratori) is working on a movie so they were lucky to even get him to narrate a recap episode.

Actualy I'm surprised Sai didn't comeback and take his old seat in the Archangel, since he seemed the most devoted of all of Kira's friends to what he was doing. Him and Mirialia were the only one's who stuck it out to the end.

Edited by Druna Skass

yeah, if Turn A have a more normal Mecha designs then it will be more popular for sure. Just the looks of the Turn A gundam, is enough to turn some people away from the series without giving it a chance. For them Turn A = Turn around and walk away. If only.. Sigh.....

I didn't like the moustache at first either but as soon as I really got into the show (which was pretty early on) I stopped noticing it and now I really like the design of the Turn A Gundam.

Turn X as well. :D

They don't drag in people like Sayla, or Mirai or whatever for no reason or to show a cameo.  When they brought in Sai, he had a role, well integrated, and then when he was gone, there was at least a good reason.  Same with Hayato, hardly favorite characters.

Can you even see these guys trying to bring back Sai and Kuzy?  Right now, you get a five second with Yzak/Deakka, and you're kind of wondering what was the point of that?    Ah well, there is always a hope they can salvage the season.

Actually, they would have brought in Sayla in Zeta. Unfortunately, Ms. Inoue was busy during the production of Zeta so they couldn't call her in. So they pushed her to ZZ. :)

Bring back Sai....nah. Anyways, his seiyuu (Tetsu Shiratori) is working on a movie so they were lucky to even get him to narrate a recap episode.

You're right about that, but I think it was for just one episode on Sayla... think it was during Char's speech. Not over and over again. That was kind of pointless, but at least it was a one time deal. I never liked ZZ much anyway... so I didn't care that they brought her in then... I think though that she and possibly Camille would've been good additions in CCA, but oh well....

As for Sai, I don't think he is needed anyway. They've already overloaded GSD with characters from GS, and they're taking center stage. It would've been better given the way that GSD is going to have put Kira/Athrun on the center stage in the first place.

I haven't seen Turn A, is it as good as everyone says?

Turn A Gundam is great but you should go into it with an open mind. It's different from other Gundam series. Don't be expecting big battles all the time or mobile suits to be exploding all the time. It's really character and story driven. It's not the toy comercial other Gundams shows tend to come off as. That's the best way to look at it I think. It's all about the story and characters. In fact some of the best scenes in the show are the scenes that contain no battles or that take place after a battle

One of the best parts of the show is the constant character development. There are a lot of characters in the show but each of them gets developed. No episode ever really feels pointless since there is always a purpose to what is shown.

The mobile suit designs are good I feel. A lot of people seemed to be turned off by the way the Turn A looks but really once you see it in action a few times it shouldn't bother you at all anymore. You get used it and come to like it, especially when you see it in battle. If you are a Zaku fan you'll love it since it's one of the main mobile suits of the series. You'll love it if you give it a shot.

Honestly it's my number 1 Gundam series. The movies are just as great even though they cut out some of the story and things are rearranged at times. The music really drives both the series and movies. There were times I found myself tearing up due to the nature of the scene and the music that was playing. Maybe I was being overally sensetive at the time but it's that good.

I so wish the rumor Turn A Space series Tominio wanted to do was allowed. Would have been far better then the SEED universe

Turn A was an excellent Gundam series, one of the best around period.  I just wish they'd have let Katoki work his magic on the Turn A Gundam instead of having it be pure Syd Mead.  It just looks so damn goofy, and for the last, ultimate Gundam, doesn't look like a Gundam at all.  <_<

I don't know why people have this idea in their head that Katoki is some sort of mecha god who can make any design better. Have you seen Katoki's Turn A? It's terrible. It just looks like a malnourished Turn A. I really love the regular Turn A design and I'm glad they didn't call Katoki in to ruin it.

I so wish the rumor Turn A Space series Tominio wanted to do was allowed. Would have been far better then the SEED universe

The rumor I heard was that Turn A Space wasn't necessarily a direct sequel to Turn A, but that it was basically the Turn A idea applied to all Tomino shows. As much as I loved Turn A, I'm not really sure I want to see Gundam vs. Zambot 3 vs. Ideon vs. Xabungle vs. Dunbine vs. King Gainer vs....

Of course, if they made it, I'd still watch it.

As long as it's a good story, mech design doesn't matter too much. No one can argue that GSD has good mech designs, or rather, I should say good animation for tried and true designs from the old days, but it doesn't work that well because of the poor story line.

Will have to see if I can get that one.

I just started watching Turn A again, I wanted to wait till the group subbing it was nearly done so I have enough time to download and watch without worrying when the next set of episodes is coming.

I like the story of it so far, very unique like settings, buuuuttt I'm not much into the character designs, they seem a bit flat to me...and Loran really does look like a girl doesn't he?

I'll be watching Episode 35 of GSD tonight after I watch episode 10 of Turn A.

I can't wait to see Shinn's "Correction"

What I like about the character designs is that everyone looks different and unique. Compared to SEED and SEED Destiny were nearly everyone looks the same save for hair and clothing differences. I'm looking forward to the new Gundam RPG(if it ever gets translated) cause the character designer for Turn A Gundam did the designs for that game as well.

I don't know why people have this idea in their head that Katoki is some sort of mecha god who can make any design better. Have you seen Katoki's Turn A? It's terrible. It just looks like a malnourished Turn A. I really love the regular Turn A design and I'm glad they didn't call Katoki in to ruin it.

I have that idea in my head because it's true :p If you compare any of Katoki's mecha revamps, they all look amazingly cooler than the originals. Just take a look at his Gundam Wing redesigns to see what I mean. Of course, our tastes could differ and I understand that.

I also think his take on Turn A is a lot better than Syd Mead's. But to be fair, I only really have a gripe with the design Syd went with for the Turn A's head. The rest of the Turn A body is cool and neat, especially the thrusters. But making the head a bit more traditional (in the way that Katoki did) would have gone a long way towards making the mecha more generally accepted instead of inspiring a "wtf" reaction when seeing it.

You know that when the characters in the cartoon themselves are calling it ugly, something ain't right (see Episode 15 for this, and Lily Borjarnon's comments).

Katoki's take on the Turn-A was awful. I can't believe how overrated that guy is a lot of the time.

People who for some insane reason judge a show on a mecha design without having even seen it also don't realise the fact that the Turn-A's non-conventional appearance is actually somewhat of a point of the series.

It's great how just about everybody who encounters the suit has something to say about it, both by people who don't know know anything about it to the other ways it's seen by the few people who know the truth behind what it is.

The Turn-A being such an enigma wouldn't have worked nearly as well with a more generic mobile suit design.

Katoki's take on the Turn-A was awful. I can't believe how overrated that guy is a lot of the time.

People who for some insane reason judge a show on a mecha design without having even seen it also don't realise the fact that the Turn-A's non-conventional appearance is actually somewhat of a point of the series.

It's great how just about everybody who encounters the suit has something to say about it, both by people who don't know know anything about it to the other ways it's seen by the few people who know the truth behind what it is.

The Turn-A being such an enigma wouldn't have worked nearly as well with a more generic mobile suit design.

Dude, did you not read the part where I said I loved the show itself and thought it was one of the best Gundam series produced?

If Syd had even just moved the mustache down a bit lower on the face to make it like a chin-guard and had the two distinctive Gundam nose-slashes on the mask, i'd have been happy. Ah well, c'est la vie.

I don't know why people have this idea in their head that Katoki is some sort of mecha god who can make any design better.  Have you seen Katoki's Turn A?  It's terrible.  It just looks like a malnourished Turn A.  I really love the regular Turn A design and I'm glad they didn't call Katoki in to ruin it.

Katoki's Turn A is indeed horrible, Mead's designs are fine the way they're, I like the Turn X better than the Turn A but I still think it's a great design on the other hand Katoki is light years ahead to that turd of a designer Kunio Okawara is, I can't understand why they keep calling this guy to design new mecha, he's just a silly and childish designer.

Edited by macplus

I still think it's a great design on the other hand Katoki is light years ahead to that turd of a designer Kunio Okawara is, I can't understand why they keep calling this guy to design new mecha, he's just a silly and childish designer.

I don't know about being a turd, but the guy is certainly past his prime, it's about time the torch got passed on to someone else.

I still think it's a great design on the other hand Katoki is light years ahead to that turd of a designer Kunio Okawara is, I can't understand why they keep calling this guy to design new mecha, he's just a silly and childish designer.

I don't know about being a turd, but the guy is certainly past his prime, it's about time the torch got passed on to someone else.

I agree with you, he's way past his time, like 20 years past........

What I want to know is why they didn't bring Junichi Akutsu back? I still think the Strike and Astray look better than anything I've seen in Destiny.

most likely got caught up in the model dev since he's apart of Bee-Craft or Bandai decided to just keep him somewhere else. He could be working on another Sunrise/Bandai mecha series or working with another company.

I feel like Bandai has more or less killed Gundam. By releasing so many different types and variations, they've allowed themselves to kill a lot of creativity and originality. All anyone can do is improve on what's already there or add on to it, which is not totally a bad thing . It's disappointing to see IMHO lack of respect for the fans by work that's mediocre at best. Yeah, it does cost a lot of money to produce a series but why bother doing such a poor job? If you want to put the blame on anyone for the crappy mech designs, blame Bandai since they have to approve designs and all. We know Okawara can make something new and exciting, it's only the matter of Bandai allowing him to. <_<