Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

In the last close shot of the Impulse when it powers down, you see the extent of damage it took, but in its right hand it looks like it's still holding part of the sword (maybe 1/3-1/2 of it).

It's going to be a long wait until this weekend.

Edited by Anubis

Or maybe Kira jettisoned his nuke reactor , caused a "non-nuke" explosion and in the chaos flew the Freedom on its reserves back to the Archangel. Hmm...we might never know until 2-3 episodes later.

Speaking of Jedi... Is it me or is the Seed Destiny storyline very similar to the Star Wars storyline? My apologies if someone has already mentioned this...

Shinn = Anakin

Chariman = Emperor

ZAFT/ EAF = Republic/Rebels (either/or/whichever...they both take turns bein' the other)

OR

Archangel = Rebels VS two evil empires; ZAFT/EAF

Athrun = Pad Mei (hahahaha...j/k)

Or maybe Kira jettisoned his nuke reactor , caused a "non-nuke" explosion and in the chaos flew the Freedom on its reserves back to the Archangel. Hmm...we might never know until 2-3 episodes later.

As I said earlier, I don't think Freedom went nova. The blast seemed to have been caused by Minerva's positron gun hitting the water (matter/anti-matter reaction). Archangel was already in the water. Considering what they were facing, as soon as they submerged, they probably changed their angle of decent and dove rapidly (I could imagine the crew started to feel quite horrible after doing that). So Minerva missed. The blast consumed Impulse and Freedom. Impulse's sword was most likely snapped and Freedom fell into the water. If Freedom exploded, not even Phase-shift would protect the pilot at that range. It looks like "Mission Accomplished" for Minerva. But we know it was actually "Mission Accomplished" for Archangel instead. They got away with all crew and Freedom (Who cares if Freedom is damaged, Kira is the important one and well Freedom...it's seen worst, heck Le Crueset blew off more).

Speaking of Jedi... Is it me or is the Seed Destiny storyline very similar to the Star Wars storyline? My apologies if someone has already mentioned this...

What Panon said.... Characterizations, yes. Story...hell no.

As I said earlier, I don't think Freedom went nova. The blast seemed to have been caused by Minerva's positron gun hitting the water (matter/anti-matter reaction).

The explosion caused by the Tannhauser hitting the water was before Shinn stabbed Freedom. The giant explosion at the end had to have been Freedom's reactor, because the Tannhauser hitting anything doesn't produce that type of explosion.

I have to give it to shin for being quite the creative bastard. The shield move was simply awesome, along with the yelling at meryin to launch silouette packs as airborne weapons platforms. Kira was simply pwned.

true freedoms seen worse,and argueablly Kira would have done better not having to deal with 20 million bacows and other assorted ZAFT ms while dealing with Shin and impulse. but fact of the matter is, Kira just wasnt in his A game, we'll have to wait for strike freedom for that. But seing that Kira and Mwu tend to make the impossible possible, i expect a good chunk of freedom to be intact when cagali/murasame crew pick his carcass up.

AA was barely scratched, they also have been through much worse. Although we dont know if the blast from minerva hit them. they do need to get the helmsman in a MS, i swear everyone in the minerva crew sh!t bricks, when they saw AA do that roll. the "sorry" from the AA helmsman at the end of that stunt was a nice touch.

As for athrun i expected him to jump ship from minerva right that second. but he needs to find out whats up with dilundal.

I hope we get some more awnsers when it comes to Mwu soon.

Athrun's biggest quality seem to be his ability to switch sides. It must be done at least once during a series, preferably more...

At this point, I'd like for him to leave ZAFT, join up with Orb, then at the end of the series, leave Orb to rejoin ZAFT again. Heh heh. But only after he detonates Infinite Justice and have a crying party with Kira and Cagalli in some silly fashion.

All that is left for Athrun is to experience something so bizzare that he decides to join up and help the EA under his own will. Then his side jumping adventure will be complete. Then hell be further to being like Char since a lot of people like to compare him to him. Char was apart of the Zeon, Federation(after the OYW and became one fo the people that started the AEUG), AEUG(kinda became Londo Bell so I guess you can count that to a degree), then Neo Zeon. Athrun's gone from Zaft, to 3 ship alliance, Orb(as a bodyguard), back to ZAFT. He just needs that final jump.

All that is left for Athrun is to experience something so bizzare that he decides to join up and help the EA under his own will.

Actualy I can see that happening if after mauling the Alliance and destroying LOGOS, people realize Gilbert is just as bad and everyone backs whats left of the Alliance and takes Gilbert out.

As for Newman they seriously need to make a custom mobile armor for that guy, I mean he barrel-rolled a battleship in an atmosphere in the last series.

Edited by Druna Skass

With Char changing allegiance, it was at least believable, about five to eight years, enough for events to occur and lots of time for reflection. With Athrun, he changes sides like it was the flavor of the month.

It goes something like this: "Oh, I'm betrothed to a red head, but there is this blonde on the other side, think I'll switch sides... hmmm, the blonde cries all the time, dammit, but there is this cute red head pilot, switching sides again... ok, the red head is like a stalker... gawd, ok, may be I'll go back to the blonde, switch sides yet again."

I don't really see the Tannhauser as being an anti-matter based weapon. If it was, then shouldn't ANY use in the atmosphere casue a huge explosion? After all, last time I looked, air is still matter.

Tannhauser and Lohengrin are positron cannons. They don't typically react with air because it's anime, but they do fire a positron beam, which has been acknowledged for plot purposes before (the whole "positronic interference" BS that allowed Archangel to launch back into space during the Orb battle late in SEED). It's obviously wildly inconsistent to only bring it up when it suits the story, but it's not out of the question. So the question here is not whether or not the Tannhauser is a positron cannon, but whether the explosion was Fukuda conveniently remembering matter/antimatter reaction or not. That seems like the most believable way to explain Kira's survival.

The thing with Char tho, Is Char was never really loyal to any side, he was mearly advancing his own Agenda, be it in MSG Killing off the Zabi's, In Z gundam, fighting the titans, which he saw as an oppressive force, in CCA Forcing Humanity to evolve into Newtypes. he was always fighting for what in his mind was right.

Athrun however has no agenda, no strong beleifs to guide him forward, in many ways he is like amuro in Z gundam, before he gets his fighting sprit back. just kind of there. and unlike amuro, athrun certinly didnt get the short stick in the mecha department. perhaps when athrun returns to AA he'll get his fighting sprit back?

I don't really see the Tannhauser as being an anti-matter based weapon. If it was, then shouldn't ANY use in the atmosphere casue a huge explosion? After all, last time I looked, air is still matter.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...positronblaster

When you watch the scene of Minerva shooting it's positron gun, you see tiny explosions around the beam.

The explosion caused by the Tannhauser hitting the water was before Shinn stabbed Freedom. The giant explosion at the end had to have been Freedom's reactor, because the Tannhauser hitting anything doesn't produce that type of explosion.

Freedom's core only needs to be an atomic bomb when it's set to self-destruct (i.e. Justice in GS). Otherwise, when damaged, the cooling system goes out and the damn thing melts out of Freedom. Chernobyl comes to mind... :unsure: If it blew like a A-bomb, at that range, Shinn would have been vaporized along with Kira.

The thing with Char tho, Is Char was never really loyal to any side, he was mearly advancing his own Agenda, be it in MSG Killing off the Zabi's, In Z gundam, fighting the titans, which he saw as an oppressive force, in CCA Forcing Humanity to evolve into Newtypes. he was always fighting for what in his mind was right.

Athrun however has no agenda, no strong beleifs to guide him forward, in many ways he is like amuro in Z gundam, before he gets his fighting sprit back. just kind of there. and unlike amuro, athrun certinly didnt get the short stick in the mecha department. perhaps when athrun returns to AA he'll get his fighting sprit back?

What you say about Char is true, which in a way means that he is actually more of a person on his own than Athrun ever will be.

Athrun is changing sides almost on a whim.... Fighting spirit is irrelevant. He essentially has no mind of his own it seems.

With Char at least he has his own goals, he is his own person... Athrun seems much less so. At least in my opinion. The difference is the strength of character.

Having the best MS has nothing to do with that. Heck, Char had Hyaku Shiki (not exactly a superior suit) throughout Zeta, but he was an interesting character.

Isn't that picture of Cagalli fake? In that she has her old piloting suit on, and the image is the same one that was used as a promotional image back when SEED was coming out? Also someone on another forum made a point that if this was the case and something this would already be talked about in an article or at least commented on in model magainzes since Freedom is such a popular model and toy. So it appears fake.

She can't even use Strike Rouge properly, how the hell can she handle a Freedom class mobile suit?

Still it's so out there I could actually seeing it happen. I don't even think Cagalli needed to be in the Strike Rouge to be honest. There was nothing wrong with her commanding her ship in battle. Not everyone needs to be in mobile suit combat. It would have been nice if she got in there and commanded her ship against some ZAFT battleships or kept EA ships away. After all SEED seriously lacked any type of proper fleet battle or ship to ship battle. Even the Dominion vs. Archangel kinda got overshadowed by the Gundams fighting and Mwu taking that blast. All rights, Archangel should be destoryed since that blast should have gone right through Mwu and still hit the Archangel.

Then again this is Destiny we are talking about so I guess anything is possible no matter how much sense it lacks.

Edited by Effect

She can't even use Strike Rouge properly, how the hell can she handle a Freedom class mobile suit?

Exactly what I was thinking! Even if this was true. she wouldent evn try to use Freedom Rouge to its best ability.

Who knows? Anything to sell more toys. I can't believe they released an orange 1/100 Zaku Phantom and put Heine's picture in front of it.

Besides, Cagali has Seed mode. It does wonders to anyone's piloting ability. :lol:

And yes i'm quite sure its fake. ;)

I like Luna's Red Force Impulse pic better.

Besides, Cagali has Seed mode. It does wonders to anyone's piloting ability.  :lol:

Her Seed mode so far sucked! IIRC when she was trying to shoot the nukes at Yachin Due, she shot at them 2 times before she hit one, and also in her Seed mode, Yzak had to come to help her out against Forbidden. Thats if I remembered correctly.

FUNNEL FIGHT!

Looks like Strike Freedom's wings actually ARE Dragoons?!? :o:blink:

From Gunota

Regarding Strike Freedom's weaponry...

Plamoya-san's Useless Diary lists additional armaments taken from the 1/144 Collection Series Strike Freedom description:

EQFU-3X Super DRAGOON mobile weapon wings

MA08V Beam Assault Cannon x 1

Note: The model number given for the DRAGOON is similar to the Chaos Gundam's EQFU-5X mobile weapon pods. 

Edited by Anubis

Isn't that picture of Cagalli fake? In that she has her old piloting suit on, and the image is the same one that was used as a promotional image back when SEED was coming out? Also someone on another forum made a point that if this was the case and something this would already be talked about in an article or at least commented on in model magainzes since Freedom is such a popular model and toy. So it appears fake.

WRONG, of course she can use the Freedom version of Strike Rouge correctly. All she has to do is cry in the damn thing, there is nothing special about that.

The only thing that I think is a bit lacking is the equipment. There should be a big mike in the cockpit with several dozen high powered loud speaker where the Freedom weapons are so she can share her crying with everyone who doesn't currently have a radio turned on. Or better yet... heh heh, her version of Freedom can shot little speaker pods into the enemy and then she can cry their ears out.

Edited by kalvasflam

WRONG, of course she can use the Freedom version of Strike Rouge correctly. All she has to do is cry in the damn thing, there is nothing special about that.

The only thing that I think is a bit lacking is the equipment. There should be a big mike in the cockpit with several dozen high powered loud speaker where the Freedom weapons are so she can share her crying with everyone who doesn't currently have a radio turned on. Or better yet... heh heh, her version of Freedom can shot little speaker pods into the enemy and then she can cry their ears out.

The only thing that I think is a bit lacking is the equipment.  There should be a big mike in the cockpit with several dozen high powered loud speaker where the Freedom weapons are so she can share her crying with everyone who doesn't currently have a radio turned on.  Or better yet... heh heh, her version of Freedom can shot little speaker pods into the enemy and then she can cry their ears out.

In that case, she also need to change the control of her Freedom to a guiter.

The only thing that I think is a bit lacking is the equipment.  There should be a big mike in the cockpit with several dozen high powered loud speaker where the Freedom weapons are so she can share her crying with everyone who doesn't currently have a radio turned on.  Or better yet... heh heh, her version of Freedom can shot little speaker pods into the enemy and then she can cry their ears out.

nah...cagalli is more of a drummer in my opinion :p

and that image of cagalli with a freedom rouge looks bogus...probably something from 2chan...like the rey with boobies...

and it's nice to see kira finally get some funnels :D or any character besides the guys in the side stories and le kruze...

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I will seriously go to Japan myself and shoot Fukuda if it comes to that.

FUNNEL FIGHT!

Looks like Strike Freedom's wings actually ARE Dragoons?!? :o:blink:

From Gunota

Plamoya-san's Useless Diary lists additional armaments taken from the 1/144 Collection Series Strike Freedom description:

Note: The model number given for the DRAGOON is similar to the Chaos Gundam's EQFU-5X mobile weapon pods. 

Those things are funnels? How would they propel themselves? Their shape doesn't really lend to their mobility.

Crap! kalvasflam, you made me laugh pretty hard and Im sick with a SORE throat. :( Funny stuff tho.

FUNNEL FIGHT!

Looks like Strike Freedom's wings actually ARE Dragoons?!?  :o  :blink:

From Gunota

Sweet! If true, looks like his abilities wont go to waste! :D