Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Well, looking at the ep preview for 28, it appears that the Sword Sillouette might just be Shinn's preferred SEED-mode mode equipment choice. :)

Edited by Anubis

Finally got my GQ Sword Impulse yesterday. I love it, it really is worth every penny.

I do have to say from ep. 27 I'm relieved that it was the Captain that sent Luna out to monitor Athrun. That was getting stalker creepy if it was just her doing it herself. Now we know there was a reason.

Also, Dullindal is looking at this monitor with surprize surprize: Specs on the Destroy Gundam in the upper right.

Here's a screen grab, though it's not the best quality view of the screen.

I do have a threory on this: If Dullindal is involved with these Logos guys then it makes perfect sense for them to send him the specs on the new giant Gundam that's going to be trashing everything. This will allow Dullindal to see to the design of Gundams specifically to counter the EA's new Gundam and whatever else the have in store, hence the Destiny, Super Freedom, Knight Justice, and the new Providence.

After the new gundams roll out, the EA will go back to their drawing board and come up with even more models. Thus continuing the cycle with each side producing more and more desgins to counter the other. Once again: dance puppets, dance.

Dullindal knows exactly what's coming but of course won't say anything because it would spoil the game.

I also think Talia's might be in on at least some of it too. She has a relationship with Dullindal, she happens to have the newest ship class with the remaining 2 ZAFT Gundams on board already, she's going to have 2 or 3 of the new ZAFT Gundams and she has been assigned to FAITH. She was nicely surprized when Athrun gave her the order and the pin, but she might have known that was coming too. Her being assigned to FAITH effectively makes the Minerva autonomous by association and under Dullindal himself. She is in a very prime position right now. To what end-goal that could be is anybody's guess.

Also in turn, where are Rey's communications coming from? He could be a 3rd in on it, which that part wouldn't be that surprising really.

I also want to know what that is on the bottom left of his screen, I'm not sure what to make of that.

post-26-1114785784_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

... This will allow Dullindal to see to the design of Gundams specifically to counter the EA's new Gundam and whatever else the have in store, hence the Destiny, Super Freedom, Knight Justice, and the new Providence.

Also in turn, where are Rey's communications coming from? He could be a 3rd in on it, which that part wouldn't be that surprising really.

Current ramblings going around point out that maybe S-Freedom and K-Justice are not made by ZAFT. It would be kinda sad if those 2 got stolen from ZAFT after 3 MSs already got stolen. Some signs are pointing to the Clyne group and/or ORB (first there are no numberings on the crests, then we have this "Others" section on the official site). I'm inclined to say Lacus learns of Destiny and Providence II while at PLANT, works her magic and bang, 2 new MSs.

Rey's connection to Le Crueset and Dullindal is quite hard to deny. So the question is, who is Rey working for? Who is he loyal to? Is he working for Minerva's interests or someone elses?

...  This will allow Dullindal to see to the design of Gundams specifically to counter the EA's new Gundam and whatever else the have in store, hence the Destiny, Super Freedom, Knight Justice, and the new Providence.

Also in turn, where are Rey's communications coming from?  He could be a 3rd in on it, which that part wouldn't be that surprising really.

Current ramblings going around point out that maybe S-Freedom and K-Justice are not made by ZAFT. It would be kinda sad if those 2 got stolen from ZAFT after 3 MSs already got stolen. Some signs are pointing to the Clyne group and/or ORB (first there are no numberings on the crests, then we have this "Others" section on the official site). I'm inclined to say Lacus learns of Destiny and Providence II while at PLANT, works her magic and bang, 2 new MSs.

Rey's connection to Le Crueset and Dullindal is quite hard to deny. So the question is, who is Rey working for? Who is he loyal to? Is he working for Minerva's interests or someone elses?

That's a very interesting point about the Super Freedom and Knight Justice. Thanks for bringing that up.

No v-fin markings (that are visible as of current drawings). The V's are also quite different from any of the other ZAFT gundams, including the Destiny. The "others" part is also notable.

Orb has yet to build their own Gundams, though they did help the EA make theirs in the first show. So it would be about time to make their own. Good possibility there. Lacus+Cagalli influence could do a lot with Morgenrate if they could get back in Orb.

IF they were Zaft-made it would suck for the S-Freedom to get stolen from Zaft again, and it's prety clear just from ep 27's intro that Dullindal probably won't be very keen on simply giving Kira another Gundam.

My first guess before was that Lacus and Andy go mobile suit shopping while they are at PLANT and come back with the two upgrades for Kira and Athrun (at least Kira's).

Having Orb make them would be a nice twist, and having Orb be on the good guys team again would help since there's fishy stuff going on on both sides of the line between EA and ZAFT. Again.

The ending also shows only the new Providence, Destiny, and Impulse together in the Minerva pilot shot (nothing for Athrun yet since Saviour gets totalled). No K-Justice could be a sign that it's not part of the batch. If so, why wouldn't it be there when the Providence is there already?

Very interesting point on the Orb possibility.

One more thing for Rey: He got a comm, and then he's shown talking to Talia, then all of a sudden Rey and Shinn are heading for the Extended Research Lab. He's getting the comm messages, and then relays info to the captain.

As for Gaia/Chaos/Abyss: I really think those were made specifically to BE stolen. Neo's 3 extendeds were already trained to start-up and pilot those specific models, and were led to the Gundams by ZAFT soliders, who then let them in the hangar and took off leaving the extendeds to kill everyone inside and make off with the trio. They could have been in the Minerva already like the Impulse if they were slated for the Minerva anyway.

The 3 gundams kind of leveled the new start level of the playing field. New CF mobile suits, and even-standing Gundams to start with for each side. Their theft was kind of the kickoff to the big game, and then the Junius 7 group (also puppets) was sent off to to their mission.

The chessboard in front of Dullindal is kind of a statement in a way.

Edited by Anubis

Seeing as how Eternal is showing up a little later, I guess it would be safe to assume that Kusanagi will likewise show up later, after all we do see Kisaka in the latest opening. I'd guess that Erica Simmons is still aboard the Kusanagi and she's the one behind S Freedom and Knight. Either that or they're built from spares of Freedom and Justice aboard the Eternal. Maybe Lacus and Andy steal the plans to those suits and have them built some place else. Since those two are back at PLANT I wonder if they'll meet with Eileen Canaver, she was Siegel's right hand person.

I wonder what part Neo is going to play later, things are pointing more and more that Neo is Mwu (especialy the scars on him we see in the opening). So I wonder if we'll see the Hawk of Endymion again, maybe in a souped up Windam with an Exass style gunbarrel striker pack. I really doubt he's an clone of Ariga since doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him. Kluez needed to take those drugs and Prayer was always sickly. I don't think Rey is a clone but they definatly did something to him.

I'm still not sure what to make of Gilbert, if he's working with Logos/wants to take over Logos/destroy Logos so he be the big fish then that would mean that right now the Minvera and crew are also "bad guys" since Talia answers only to him.

Episode 28, must be one of the best episode in Seed Destiny ;) .

Shin goes berserk, he destroyed the Orb fleet, Abyss was impaled by Impulse and exploded under water, Saviour is trashed by Freedom, both the Zaku phantom and gunner is nearly a wreckage, Lunamaria is badly injured.

Sad thing is, Todaka (Orb fleet commander) got sliced by shin in the carrier bridge, the ironic thing is Todaka is the one who saved shin from orb :( .

Athrun's going to be pissed.

So Shinn doesn't turn around and pwn Kira? :(

Or is that next episode? :)

Edited by Anubis

Athrun's going to be pissed.

So Shinn doesn't turn around and pwn Kira? :(

Or is that next episode? :)

You know the Impulse cant do that to Freedom....or can it!? :rolleyes:

I agree with Morpheus, Ep 28 has defenitly got to be the best so far of Destiny. So far atleast.

I was really worried about Luna. Hope shes not too injured or Graham might stop watching Destiny. :p

I liked how Kira was surprised when Shin dodged his sword. That doesent happen to him much. And now he REALLY pissed of Athrun! Damnit Athrun shouldent have held him off. Kira and Athrun could have helped out the Minerva.

And why didnt the ArchAngel get along side it to give it better cover. :angry: Cuz wow it got F***ed up badly!

Anyways good ep. Really enjoyed it.

Shinn!!! Kira!!!! Athrun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

Shinn really mastered that Impulse but Freedom still has about 2-3X the output of it so Shinn won't ever be able to "pwn" it. Athrun wasn't pissed as much as surprised but his bs almost deserved that ;) hehe. Freedom + Saviour + 2 beam swipes = destoryed Saviour. WTH did he get in Kira's way for, Kira saved minerva's crew & Shinn fired on Cagari first :huh: Well atleast we won't have to see Athrun suck in that thing anymore, it was getting kinda boring.

hmmm......is Yunna dead?! c'mon we didn't even get to see that but Todaka's death was magnificent. But yunna on AA would just be a pain in the a$$ but I would love to see his fiancée beat him around for a good 20 minutes :lol:

btw Athrun actually killed someone in this Episode :blink:

Edited by Freedomatrix

But yunna on AA would just be a pain in the a$$ but I would love to see his fiancée beat him around for a good 20 minutes  :lol:

Im sure we all would love to see that! :lol:

btw Athrun actually killed someone in this Episode blink.gif

What? he did?! Didnt notice that! Time to re=watch! ;)

Edited by Legend of TSXer

See Graham, I told you it was getting better.

Ep. 28 was good. Some of those Murasame pilots are pretty good...for cannon fodder. At least Saviour didn't blow up...

WTH did he get in Kira's way for, Kira saved minerva's crew & Shinn fired on Cagari first

Athrun was trying to stop Kira and AA from getting in the way, again. Athrun paid for that. He should have been helping Kira and Cagalli but no, he had to get in the way. Now his MS is in pieces. Maybe now he can stop sulking.

Shinn, Shinn, Shinn.....*sigh*

And yeah, Lunamaria is gonna get Impulse later...her ZAKU isn't worth fixing this time.

Ep. 29 is a flashback episode. Not a recap, flashback.

Shinn's seed has more of a crazed effect on him (yeah...more than normal Shinn)...even more than when Kira & Athrun when at it in Seed. I hope he calms down soon because sure his craziness was an OK change for GSD (soap opera - character development BS) but with him wiping out the entire Orb fleet its just too retarded. But on the other hand, he's a perfect match for Steller :lol::blink:

Edited by Freedomatrix

Wow! Ep 28 is the best eposide so far, non stop action in 30 minutes!

I think it broke the record of most number of gundam got destoried in one eposide.

The good think is finally Athuran didn't self destruct his MS.

Kira alone with Freedom can probably take on every MS EA + ZAFT + ORB had combined. Shim in seed mode still have no match with non-seed mode Kira. The balance of power is just totally off in GSD. I think Kira has to die at the end, he is just way too strong.

Kira alone with Freedom can probably take on every MS EA + ZAFT + ORB had combined. Shim in seed mode still have no match with non-seed mode Kira. The balance of power is just totally off in GSD. I think Kira has to die at the end, he is just way too strong.

Not nessesariliy die, but I think Freedom, Strike Rouge and Archangel at the end should be completly destroyed, so the weapons from the last war are gone. With Junius 7 gone the only material reminders of the last war aside from memorials are the Archangel, Freedom and Strike Rouge. Though this should be the last series Kira has a large role in, if they expand further into the CE universe.

Anyone else tired of Destiny having Shin go SEED but then wasteit by having him attacking stationary targets? How is that showing how badass he is when he's attacking targets that clearly can not fight back or even get away? That's like someone getting all pumped up, going into a rage and then going over picking up a computer or something and smashing it and that's suppose to show how great that person is. :rolleyes:

At least when Kira, Athrun, and Cagalli went SEED they were busy fighting other mobile suits and other Gundams. Shin vs. Kira was nice but and ends the debate if Shin was going to be better then Kira when SEED, non-SEED Kira > SEEED Shin. :)

I was really glad to see that the Orb mobile suits didn't just blow up. Now only if this same treatment can be given to the Windams and Daggers. ZAFT has gotten this treatment from the very beginning and for the other factions it's been longer overdue.

Shin's like a beast in episode 28 and that isn't a good thing. He's just straight angry and full of rage. I would not be surprised at this moment if he ended up going rogue and becoming the final bad guy to be taken out. Any progress he was actually making has just been thrown right out the window I feel. :(

Anyone else tired of Destiny having Shin go SEED but then wasteit by having him attacking stationary targets? How is that showing how badass he is when he's attacking targets that clearly can not fight back or even get away? That's like someone getting all pumped up, going into a rage and then going over picking up a computer or something and smashing it and that's suppose to show how great that person is. :rolleyes:

At least when Kira, Athrun, and Cagalli went SEED they were busy fighting other mobile suits and other Gundams. Shin vs. Kira was nice but and ends the debate if Shin was going to be better then Kira when SEED, non-SEED Kira > SEEED Shin. :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I really wonder if a Seed mode Shinn could beat Neo if Neo had a Gunbarrel equipped MS. At his current level of skill he can't take someone like Neo even with a Gundam.

But then again if Neo is Mwu, it's not surprising Shinn can't beat him.

Yeah I know what you mean. I really wonder if a Seed mode Shinn could beat Neo if Neo had a Gunbarrel equipped MS. At his current level of skill he can't take someone like Neo even with a Gundam.

But then again if Neo is Mwu, it's not surprising Shinn can't beat him.

Shinn's seed-mode is kinda wasted...but then again, so has his skills among cannon fodder. Shinn has fought those Extendeds only so many times. Every other time, he's fought cannon fodder. He hasn't really fought experienced or better trained pilots. Shinn is a good pilot but his seed-mode is like non-seed Kira. What drives Shinn is his hate/anger. His seed-mode is a berserker seed. He doesn't have the control that Kira or Athrun had. The other advantage Kira has over Shinn is that Kira is a freakin Newtype. In a few more years, some training and Kira could use funnels.

If Shinn faces Neo (assuming if Neo is really Mu), Neo has an edge. Neo got the experience and he has gone up against Providence. Granted he was in a dated MS (Strike), Mu moved quite well in Strike. And in a Windam, Shinn had a hard time with Neo.

Maybe Destiny just needs an equivlient of Wong Lee to beat some sense into Shin...

I've been thinking that for a while now.

Or better yet, Shin just needs to spend some time injured around the people he's fighting. Like being nursed back to health by some people from the EA, yet he doesn't know that some of them are actually EA soliders and the don't know he's ZAFT yet he sees what he has actually done to their families and all the orphen children he's made as they curse ZAFT and more importantly the Impulse Gundam or Destiny Gundam. As he grows to care for them and understand them, he then finds out that they are really EA soliders and sees why they fight and why they are actually siding with the EA(not the same reasons as the EA leadership which I bet goes for majority of the EA troops). Get him where it really hopes if he's to change.

Like when Athrun was kicked by the oprhen in SEED cause ZAFT killed his family. Shin needs to be put in a situation like that for any type of change to take place. He needs to see that he's just creating more people like himself and he has to see it first hand and such a way he has chance of casting the blame on to others but to accept it himself and how he's acted during this war.

I just saw the ep, and I'm just so Pissed with all the stuff that just happened, My god, Athrun, WTF were you doing? :blink: you deserved getting OWNED, And Shin.. OMG he needed to get his ass kicked really really bad. I don't want to go into detail as I might type something in anger,, but the words that can sum up this ep are, Ungratful, Hate, Confused, Stupid, SAD, and a big WTF.

I checked out other forums, and Just from this ep,

The dislike for Shinn increased 10 fold

The dislike for Athrun increased also

If this is what Shinn is becoming , seeing him as the main bad guy at the end is not that far fetch.

If Shin become the final bad guy in GSD, that would mark another history in Gundam series. The first time the main character turns evil. We know Gundam had been inspired by Starwars alot, like the light saber and target computer. Maybe GSD is borrowing from SW3 this time. It would be cool if Shin become some Lord Shin at the end of GSD with EA ruled Orbs and Plant iniron fist, and everyone else turns underground into rebels. Then in Seed 3, the child of Shim and Lunamaria will be raised by Kira to fight against Shin.

If Shin become the final bad guy in GSD, that would mark another history in Gundam series. The first time the main character turns evil. We know Gundam had been inspired by Starwars alot, like the light saber and target computer. Maybe GSD is borrowing from SW3 this time. It would be cool if Shin become some Lord Shin at the end of GSD with EA ruled Orbs and Plant iniron fist, and everyone else turns underground into rebels. Then in Seed 3, the child of Shim and Lunamaria will be raised by Kira to fight against Shin.

I won`t be surprised, since his Destiny Gundam is a deadly weapon.

If Shin become the final bad guy in GSD, that would mark another history in Gundam series.  The first time the main character turns evil.  We know Gundam had been inspired by Starwars alot, like the light saber and target computer.  Maybe GSD is borrowing from SW3 this time.  It would be cool if Shin become some Lord Shin at the end of GSD with EA ruled Orbs and Plant iniron fist, and everyone else turns underground into rebels.  Then in Seed 3, the child of Shim and Lunamaria will be raised by Kira to fight against Shin.

I won`t be surprised, since his Destiny Gundam is a deadly weapon.

Destiny is fully sick. I can't wait to see it in action. I hope that it comes in no longer than Ep35, cause I want to see it doin some slicin' and dicin' and blastin'. :D

I wouldn't be surprised now if the kill Shin by the end of Destiny. After Ep28 more ppl will start to hate him and killing him off will not make many unhappy.

He looks so darn evil when he's in seed mode. Like an evil madman, almost like the druggies in Seed.

starwars huh?

Seed mode = the force

Seed mode berserk = power of the dark side?

So Shinn's seed mode = power of the dark side which increase his power by being evil.

hmm, somehow Shinn will get himself a princess and and do his thing. OMG please don't let me Cagalli ,it'll be so wrong. The we'll have Athrun as Obeone.. Well he was Shinn's teacher in a way.

I we can fill the whole cast in there somewhere :lol:

Incredible :blink:

If Seller don't die in Destroy (which is really dumb to think) then her & Shinn will make for a killer co-boss final. But when Seller finally dies, Shinn will go ultimate beserk & I see Kira (& Athrun if he find the mind to stop protecting Shinn like a BF :lol: ) to take down the Rabid. Go Shinn, come join the dark side so you can DIE!!!!!

Edited by Freedomatrix

wow, alotta people really dont like Shin. Im not annoyed with him enough to want him dead, but it did piss me off when he attacked Cagali. And it makes sense that Kira would go after Shin because "hey thats my sister!" thing going on.

Im REALLY pissed that Athrun was trying to stop Kira from helping. If it wasent for Kira, that Murasame might have destroyed the Minerva's bridge. Ok so he stopped Kira from killing/nuetralizing Shin, but he could have asked Kira to help him defend the Minerva. It would have been nice since Minerva was being outnumbered and damaged. So Athrun deserved to be sliced up like he was. Kira might have helped out, but we dont know since HE DIDNT ASK! :angry:

Cagali still wont shoot at anyone. :angry: Well least she didnt have the IWSP and not use it. :p

Sting got his Chaos messed up for butting into Athrun and Kira. :lol: Sucka! And for some wierd reason, I kinda hope Auel is still alive. Highly unlikely but still, I hope.... :rolleyes:

So next weeks ep will be a "flashback" so how will they conclude this fight? Kira is still out there and so is Shin. And Cagali too. Cmon Shin do something stupid again to piss Kira off, like shoot at Cagali! :D Cagali is starting to annoy me more than Shin....damn pacifists....

Or better yet, Shin just needs to spend some time injured around the people he's fighting. Like being nursed back to health by some people from the EA, yet he doesn't know that some of them are actually EA soliders and the don't know he's ZAFT yet he sees what he has actually done to their families and all the orphen children he's made as they curse ZAFT and more importantly the Impulse Gundam or Destiny Gundam. As he grows to care for them and understand them, he then finds out that they are really EA soliders and sees why they fight and why they are actually siding with the EA(not the same reasons as the EA leadership which I bet goes for majority of the EA troops). Get him where it really hopes if he's to change.

That would be nice to see. He needs to be the kind of shituation where he sees what's Athrun's been trying to warn him about, him creating more Shinns. Have him walk around a town in civilian clothes and wander by a cemetary and find a kid crying at a grave. He asks the kid what's wrong and the kid says Impulse killed his brother and father and have the kid curse ZAFT and Impulse and vow to join the Alliance and destroy Impulse. Then have the kid's mom show up in an Alliance uniform and try to tell the kid not to hate ZAFT and Impulse like that. Then a little dialogue between Shinn and the mother where he asks her why she's fighting.

That would be nice to see. He needs to be the kind of shituation where he sees what's Athrun's been trying to warn him about, him creating more Shinns. Have him walk around a town in civilian clothes and wander by a cemetary and find a kid crying at a grave. He asks the kid what's wrong and the kid says Impulse killed his brother and father and have the kid curse ZAFT and Impulse and vow to join the Alliance and destroy Impulse. Then have the kid's mom show up in an Alliance uniform and try to tell the kid not to hate ZAFT and Impulse like that. Then a little dialogue between Shinn and the mother where he asks her why she's fighting.

Ooooooh I really like that one! That would be a very good way to do it.

I could kind of see it actually. Rey and Dullindal sitting Shinn down and convincing him to join them. The plot could go in any direction.

Shinn may get some focus and start to have normal seed modes after he fights Destroy and tragically has to kill Stellar. That might make him think and focus more intead of just going nuts and destroying stuff. After he has a sad, sobering moment after killing her, maybe he'll calm down more and think about the way he does things. Give him a wake-up call. Nothing he's done yet had aversely affected himself yet, so he hasn't seen anything wrong with what he's done. He's sure to get even more priase now that he just downed the orb fleet, giving him a bigger head.

I still prefer Shinn's angst in this show to Kira's crying from the first series. It's interesting having a flawed hero this time. Shinn's a good guy, and tries to do what he thinks is the right thing, but he has too much anger him still.

Maybe he just needs to tap Luna. That might help him a little. :lol: It worked for Kira. Fllay gave him a little "support" when he needed it and he was able to keep going, otherwise he might have had a bigger breakdown.

They have added a Luna/Stellar/Shinn triangle in the ending credits.

Back to conspiracies, it's Shinn AND Rey that take and release Stellar. So who's idea is it going to be really? Either Rey suggest to Shinn they let her go, or Shinn goes to Rey for help and Rey agrees to help. It would be beneficial to the string-pullers to release Stellar so the EA can put her right back into combat, since the EA needs the extendeds to fight. Losing one is ok, but they just lost Auel, leaving only Sting right now. They need Stellar back.

Shinn and Rey release Stellar, Talia scolds them but conveniently lets them off the hook, mission complete. Shinn remains oblivious for now focused on the fact he just saved Stellar's life and not the repercussions of doing so.

Hmmm, Shinn still hasn't turned the corner yet. What the hell is taking so long? It's gotta be soon though. However, it would be cool if he never changes and becomes the villain. I never disliked Shinn, but this episode kinda tilted the scale for me.