Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Coverage is coming out for the US Toy Fair. Of interest, Action-figure.com has some close-up shots of Gundam Seed toys schedule to come out later this year.

US TOYFAIR: Gundam Seed

I am looking to forward to see the Battle-Scarred Action Figure line. The image of the damaged Duel Gundam looks nice. :)

What is the deal with red shaded mobile suits? The Sazabi and Char's Zaku never looked quite right when they were released. For the Aegis, I hope this was just a lighting issue. :(

hmm,, This is current? This can't be right?

Because all the Msia 4.5" gundam shown are already out. The models are 1/144 lowgrade (level 1), 1/144 highgrade(level 2) and 1/100 highgrade( level3) right?

So pretty much we're not going to get anything :angry:

That was pretty funny.

The last one where Kira stole all of Athrun's chicks was funnier though.

lol "I should have taken Duel....Gah.....ITS RED!" "Justice!" "OMFG!......RED!"

I talked to my gamestop buddies....looks like the DS SEED Game got pushed back...to the point it isn't even listed for release anytime soon......DAMMIT!

:rolleyes: Bandai 1/144 Saviour is out today, however I`m still waiting for the High Grade Saviour in March :( .

Watched epi.18, there`s a scene which reminded me of the Tolle incident in Seed :ph34r:

Saiyaman should have the RAW in a couple of hours.....hopefully..... :rolleyes:

the raw is up, woohoo.

Sigh.. Shinn ack like a kid again.. *sigh*,, But this time it was fun to watch.

oh the new EF mecha has spider legs, look pretty neat.

But you got to check out the preview of ep 19,

Athrun was shocked when PInk ZAKU appears with hyper lacus,, :p

Gunota has listings for Aprill and Mays Plamodel releases, interestingly the first kit of the "Destiny" Gundam is due before the "Freedom 2". Both are still unconfirmed names.

Future Gunpla releases?

Following are the list of future gunpla kits circulating in the Japanese BBS.

April

1/100 Blaze ZAKU Phantom 2730 yen

1/100 Sword Impulse 2415 yen

1/144 Slash ZAKU Phantom 525 yen

1/144 Destiny (name not confirmed) 525 yen

1/144 HG Abyss 1575 yen

1/144 HGUC Gundam Mk-II + Flying Armor 2100 yen

May

1/100 Blast Impulse 2415 yen

1/100 Gunner ZAKU Warrior (normal type) 2415 yen

1/100 Gaia 2415 yen

1/144 Freedom II (name not confirmed) 525 yen

1/144 HG Blaze ZAKU Phantom 1890 yen

1/100 MG Guncannon ver Project Pegasus 3360yen

1/60 PG Aile Grasper 5250 yen

Future release

HGUC Hizack (EF color)

HGUC Hizack + Mega Bazooka Launcher

Edit: Just to make it explicit, this list should probably be taken with a grain of salt for the moment.  ¶ 3:13 AM

Maybe by Freedom II they mean Freedom Ver. 2, a better 1/144 than the last one. Unless Kira is actually using a second freedom.

Or there could be a bad guy Freedom. That could be cool.

Have to see about that one.

It would seem a bit bizzare to release a ver2 of the cheapest kit type though.

I'm going with Freedom Mk2 being Shinns new suit and Destiny being the supposedly big suit seen in the background of the current intro.

"Destiny" will probably be Shinn's. Freedom II might be a re-release, or the possibility that Freedom does get an update. I have noticed the shape of Freedom's HiMAT system (the wings) seems a bit different at the end credits. Either the image is symbolic in nature or the camera angle is weird or Freedom does get a slight update at some point (not that it needs it).

In any case it is best to wait and see.

Ep. 18 was okay. At least we get to see Shinn use the combat knives on Impulse....

Freedoms power certainly doesn't need an upgrade, I think it's funny that after all those other new suits last years model is still the most pwerfull in the field.

Maybe though it will get some kind of minor refitting that gives it a V-Gundam style beam shield since that seems to be an emerging technolgy in Destiny now.

Either way, I'm dying to see some art of these new suits. :rolleyes:

Remember that spoiler from the magazines that Shin would trash Freedom in one of the earlier episodes (I think they said it would be episode 14). Well maybe the director after releasing that information decided to leave the heavy damaging of Freedom till later, so maybe after it gets heavily damaged, Kira and friends repair/refit it. Why just repair it when you can make it better?

I notice some italian numbers enraved in the forehead of the Gundams. Freedom is the tenth, and Chaos is the fourth. Does that mean that we'll see at least 11 GUNDAMS in Seed Destiny? (11 because Impulse is a prototype)

I notice some italian numbers enraved in the forehead of the Gundams. Freedom is the tenth, and Chaos is the fourth. Does that mean that we'll see at least 11 GUNDAMS in Seed Destiny? (11 because Impulse is a prototype)

hmm I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's just their Model serial number. When Freedom was first intruduce in Seed it was already "ZGMF-X10A, Freedom".

ZGMF-X13A = Providence

ZGMF-X10A = Freedom

ZGMF-X09A = Justice

GAT-X370 = RAIDER

GAT-X252 = FORBIDDEN

GAT-X131 = CALAMITY

GAT-X303 = Aegis

GAT-X207 = Blitz

GAT-X105 = Strike

GAT-X103 = Buster

GAT-X102 = Duel

Seed Destinty

ZGMF-X56S/A = FORCE IMPULSE

ZGMF-X56S/B = SWORD IMPULSE

ZGMF-X56S/Y = BLAST IMPULSE

ZGMF-X23S = Savior

ZGMF-X24S = CHAOS

ZGMF-X31S = ABYSS

ZGMF-X88S = GAIA

Edited by F360°

The Number for the Gundams do mean something, at least the Zaft ZGMF-X series

from way back in the beginning:

GMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam - The high mobility mode when Impulse Gundam is equipped with the Force Silhouette. Main weapons are beam saber and beam rifle.

ZGMF-X56S/β Sword Impulse Gundam - Impulse Gundam in its close-combat mode, "Sword Silhouette". Equipped with beam boomerang and anti-ship swords.

ZGMF-X56S/γ Blast Impulse Gundam - Impulse Gundam in its mid-range combat mode, "Blast Silhouette". Equipped with long range beam cannons and rail guns.

ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with the "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". In MA mode, it specializes in high mobility combat. It was developed later than the other 4 Gundam. The "2" in X23 means aviation-related while "3" refers to the research number.

ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". Equipped with giant claws on both legs and large firearms. Specializes in assault combat.

ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". It can transform into MA mode for marine use. Equipped with beam weapons and lance, enabling it to deal with various situations. The "3" in X31 means marine-related

ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam - ZAFT's latest MS equipped with "Deuterion Beam Energy Supply System". It can transform into a 4-legged MA. Specializes in land combat. The "8" in X88 means 4-legged MS/MA.

So that's what they derive the italian numbers from. The research numbers.

Freedom got 10 for who knows why. Maybe they made 11 designs, and went with 9,10,and 11 when they made the 3 nuclear Gundams.

The EA numbers don't seem to follow the same logic path, I haven't seen anything explaining their numbers schemes.

Edited by Anubis

The EA numbers don't seem to follow the same logic path, I haven't seen anything explaining their numbers schemes.

Here's how the GAT-X numbering system works. It says all this on the official site.

100 series use a basic frame. (Strike, Duel and Buster use a fairly basic frames, though I think Buster and Calamity should have been given a 200 designation)

200 series use a specialized frame. (Blitz was optimised for stealth and Forbidden for close combat)

300 series use a transformable frame.

Well these two look familiar. Does Okawara even try anymore of is just Bandai not letting him do anything new?

post-26-1108945866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

You gotta give the guy credit, he's been making Gundam designs for 26 years. If you combine both the fact that it's for a series of shows and the number of designs he's made, it's not suprising that it's gonna seem less original. I mean imagine if you had a Gundam series with something looking like it should be out of Macross or other mecha shows, people would not be happy.

(Strike, Duel and Buster use a fairly basic frames, though I think Buster and Calamity should have been given a 200 designation)

Nope. Buster (from the Perfect grade Strike manual) used the same basic frame as Duel and Strike. Calamity also use the same basic frame as the previous so it shouldn't have had any number change.

Does Okawara even try anymore of is just Bandai not letting him do anything new?

Little of column A, little of column B. Although, it's leaning a little heavy on column B these days (Kinda reminds me of how Tomino hates Sunrise management).

I think it's funny that after all those other new suits last years model is still the most pwerfull in the field.

The new MS's are fairly powerful for their class. Compared to the last generation, Destiny's Gundams are fairly powerful and close to the abilities of Freedom and Justice. If we ignore the fact that Freedom is nuclear powered (which is one of the major things going for it), the current Gundams can match Freedom's abilities. Saviour's armaments are farily close to Freedom's in addition to being a high-manuverability MS. The only thing that is holding it back the the battery over the nuclear reactor.

Edited by azrael

Well I was thinking Buster and Calamity should have been given the 200 designation based on it purpose. They did take the 100 frame and optimize it for long range.

I'm not saying I don't like Okawara, I mean Gundam X is by far one of my favorite designs same with Epyon, it's just in recent times his stuff has become quite stale. I mean Freedom is a re-make of Gundam XX, Justice is sort of a Frankenstein of diffrent SEED designs, Forbidden is fairly basic, Raider seems to be the bastard child of Wing and Airmaster.

Justice is sort of a Frankenstein of diffrent SEED designs, Forbidden is fairly basic, Raider seems to be the bastard child of Wing and Airmaster.
Haha, worded so well. :D

Ep 18 wasent th at bad. Atleast they gave an actual purpose for the Impulse to be luanched in seperate pieces. Though Id love to really see how the leg flyer and chest flyer can manuever and carry lift without wings to give it lift. <_< Maybe they both have some different thrusters on each of them that I havent read about, but wutever, least they made one reason to be launched seperately. :rolleyes:

Usually Shinn doesent piss me off, even when he got slapped by Athrun, he deserved it but he I think he still did the right thing. But in the mission briefing I was so waiting for Athrun to slap him again! :angry: So what if his parents died, doesent give him a reason to act like a brat.

Shinn's character needs to "fall". Right now, it appears as if he's growing over-confident and his character is eating it up. I would like to see how the writing staff work his "fall from grace". And I get the feeling Kira is going to play some role in that event.

Shinn is such a brat. He deserved a kick in the gonads from the lil girl and another slap from Ahtrun. :p

A fast an intense episode. The EA must feel very feeble now that all their MAs get oaned by the new Gundams. I'm willing to bet there will be mass production of those MAs by the final episode. Maybe enclose the whole PLANT with positron reflectors and somehow cook the colony within or something.

And the Mia-guard is nowhere as cool as the Minmay guard....period.... <_<