Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Sebastian,Feb 3 2005, 10:17 PM] I wonder about the head sculpt and the waist.  In my Metal MAterial Strike I found the head sculpt wasnt so good and the waist looks too wide.

Are they using the same frame of the Strike?

Nope, the MMM GQ Force & Sword Impulse Gundam toys do not use the same frame as the MMM Strike Gundam. In fact they don't use an internal frame at all.

Bandai decided to drop the internal frame concept as once you add the armor, it reduces poseability too much.

As I've written before, I highly recommend the MMM GQ Impulse toys. They are IMO the best Gundam toys I have ever bought. Put it this way, I now have 3 of the Force Impulse & 3 of the Sword Impulse :p , that's how much I like them and you know I'm not really a big Gundam fan.

They are superposeable, with excellent foot and shoulder articulation. Foot articulation is so good, that you can get a flat foot pose even with the legs spread far apart. Kneeling pose is also easy as the skirt armor is much better designed than on the MMM Strike. The MMM Strike Gundam is an unposeable brick compared with the MMM GQ Impulse.

As well as the excellent articulation, the joints are nice and tight, meaning the toy holds whatever pose you put it in very well. All the accessories and weapons are well designed and attach very firmly to the toy. One of the things I hated about the MMM Strike was the shield attachment point on the arm. The Impluse has a much better attachment for the shield.

The only thing that some people complain about is that the MMM GQ Impulse toys have much less diecast than the MMM Strike. Basically, only the feet, ankle joints, hip joints and shoulder joints are diecast. This doesn't bother me at all though.

Graham

Not much I can say about the MMM GQ Sword Impulse Gundam really. The basic mecha is a recolor of the excellent MM GQ Force Impulse toy, with no changes that I can find except of course the color.

The toy comes with the same folding Core Splendor, same Beam Rifle, same folding shield & folding knives.

The only real differences are that it comes with the Sword pack and also includes the welcome addition of a Silhouette Flyer that was missing from the MMM GQ Force Impulse toy.

Anyway, the sword pack attaches very firmly, no way it will fall off unless you deliberately pull it off. The two anti-ship swords and twin beam boomerangs are very nice.

The only negatvive thing I have to say about this toy is that the beam blades for the anti-ship swords are a little bit tricky to attach and remove as they are about half an milimeter too long and if you are not careful when putting them on or taking them off, can be bent in the middle.

If you like the Sword Impulse or just like well designed, good quality, highly articulated mecha toys, then buy this toy, you won't regret it.

I haven't taken pics of my MMM GQ Sword Impulse yet, but there are pics on the Tamashii page.

Graham

I'm thinking of finally getting a MMMGQ Impulse gundam,, but which one would be better,, the Sword or the Force? I have a bunch of Strikes so perhaps a red Sword impulse?

They are both excellent toys.

As they are basically the same toy apart from the weapons packs and color, it really depends which weapons loadout and color scheme you like the most.

Don't forget the MMM GQ Blast Impulse will be out at the end of February also.

Graham

HLJ has the new HCM Pro pics up in much larger formats,

Force Impulse

Zaku Warrior

HyakuShiki

AEUG Gundam Mk II

They all look so great and this line isn't even into double figures yet*. :D

*Repaints don't count. :p

Gotta admit, I am slighlty disspaointed that the Mk2 is just a straight repaint. If they'd added the G-Defensor or even just the re-entry sledge then I'd have no qualms about buying it again. As it is, I'll be leaving it for now in case they do just that.

Which brings me to a question for all of you,

who here is concerned about buying the HyakuShiki now when Bandai will likely release it again with the much loved Mega Launcher later on?

Edited by Fort Max

From Gunota, for you music-lovers:

The artist for the 3rd opening of Gundam SEED DESTINY has been revealed: 15-year-old newcomer Hitomi Takahashi. She was picked from approximately 20,000 people auditioning during the 2004 Sony Music Auditions. Her debut single will be released on April 13th, the same month DESTINY swaps opening themes. The title of the song is yet to be decided.

hitomitakahashi.jpg

At least there's no male-rap vocal.... <_<

How many intro's is Destiny scheduled to have? Are they aiming for a most intro's used in a 50 episode series award? I thought Seed was crazy with it's 4!

I'm guessing they'll change it every quarter (roughly every 13 episodes if this is a 50-eps series).

i m very very tempted by the GQ impulse,

is it worth the price ? does it feel like a solid toy ?

i also hesitate between the GQ and the cosmic illusion.

can someone give me some advice ?:)

For a few notes on it..

The two headfins are a nice touch, everything secures in solidly once you figure out how (the torso/hip connection took me several tries to get right) and it holds its weapons securely. The swords are HUGE on this thing. The two combined are a good 12"-14" long, maybe more. The beam boomerangs are suitably large, the beam rifle looks very nice.. Like Graham noted, the posability is VERY good.

My one issue is that you have to put on the screw covers yourself, which is a bit odd for a $60~ toy. :rolleyes:

I also got the Freedom and Zaku twins, if people want pictures of those.

About damn time someone slapped that kid around. A few swift kicks are still in order as well I feel. Any Earth Alliance Gundam and Neo action?

I applaud Athrun for doing what was truelly needed.. that kid needs to get bitch slapped once and for all... damn arrogant and repressed bastard!

I never cared for the higher ranked officers hitting characters like in other UC series(Amuro and Camille getting hit) but really I don't feel bad about Shinn getting hit. Out of all the characters in other series, he is the one that really deserves it and then some.

I never cared for the higher ranked officers hitting characters like in other UC series(Amuro and Camille getting hit) but really I don't feel bad about Shinn getting hit. Out of all the characters in other series, he is the one that really deserves it and then some.

With how much of a bitch Camille was in Zeta, I damn-near orgasmed when Bright started to slap him around..

Shinn REALLY needed sense slapped into him, be it verbally or physically. Now, if someone could get that cellphone away so he'd feel a little less CREEPY. :ph34r:

About damn time someone slapped that kid around. A few swift kicks are still in order as well I feel.  Any Earth Alliance Gundam and Neo action?

Neo's Windam in action......if that's what you want...

But yes Shinn deserved the slaps. Shinn is implusive. By chasing Neo, he just keep getting into more trouble. His orders were to protect the ships and he ran off on his own. And what happens, they lose a ship.

I think Athrun really got pissed when Shinn told him to shut-up so he could engage Gaia.

Edited by azrael

For a few notes on it..

The two headfins are a nice touch, everything secures in solidly once you figure out how (the torso/hip connection took me several tries to get right) and it holds its weapons securely. The swords are HUGE on this thing. The two combined are a good 12"-14" long, maybe more. The beam boomerangs are suitably large, the beam rifle looks very nice.. Like Graham noted, the posability is VERY good.

My one issue is that you have to put on the screw covers yourself, which is a bit odd for a $60~ toy. :rolleyes:

oh how are the joints,, would the weight of the sword become a factor in the posting of the arms? They are all double jointed right?

For a few notes on it..

My one issue is that you have to put on the screw covers yourself, which is a bit odd for a $60~ toy.  :rolleyes:

oh how are the joints,, would the weight of the sword become a factor in the posting of the arms? They are all double jointed right?

They are, but they're secured by screws. So far I haven't noticed any real problems with the weight of the weapons messing up the joints.

There's lots of Mecha action in this ep.  A whole bunch of Windams, Plus Neo's Windam, all 3  Alliance Gundam, vs Zaft( 2 gundam and 2 zaku)

I really hope Zaft doesn't end up winning this. They do don't they? :(

well... ;) they didn't really win,, but they didn't lose either.

They lost a ship and 2 underwater mobies,, but the Alliance lost 30 windams and a base. ;)

They have some pics up in this link.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/gundamseed/281229.html

Edited by F360°