Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

most of the orb goverment are just reacting to the colony drop that much is true,and i dont blame them, however the one guy with blue hair who seems to have an afinity for Cagali, and the Older guy with glasses(I forget there names), seem to be up to something.i dont know i just get the feeling, theres a tad more going on with orbs sudden change of heart so to speak. this is why i think those two specificly  may be linked with BC.

The old man is Yuuna's (purple haired councilman) father. And concerning them and BC, I still say no. EA is gathering up all of the major nations for a solid alliance and they seem to be succeeding (unlike a similar instance of our era :ph34r: ). It looks like this time, there is very little arguement among the major nations (like between the Eurasia and the Atlantic Feds). All Jibril did was release the images of the GINNs and it seemed to have worked itself.

Cagalli is being resistant to the idea of an alliance with EA while the rest of the ORB government are saying join the alliance. That's where the tension lies. ORB is the only nation, so far, that is holding out (which may change...). And in light of events, you could imagine why it is hard not to join.

It's a large scale Earth Alliance attack on the PLANTs.
Is the fansub of episode 8 out or is this based on the raw?

2 items for the price of 1. This is based off the raw that a few of us have. There is also the Chinese fansub. EA issued an ultimatium to PLANT (which is what was what Cagalli was being told at the end). ZAFT is going to intercept that party in next week's episode (btw, anybody else notice the orange Zaku Phantom...).

Edited by azrael

:o engagement ring!?!?!?  Cagalli is dead no question about it now. :ph34r:

She can't die, who's gonna run Orb?

Well,, there's still Kira. Or perhaps Orb will be no more.

But I'm sure she's not gonna die,, love wins all,, somehow they will be together at the end, somehow.

But I have a huch on something else, I'm pretty sure those 2 sexy captains are going to battle each other later. perhap over the Neo/Mwu?

:o engagement ring!?!?!?  Cagalli is dead no question about it now. :ph34r:

She can't die, who's gonna run Orb?

Well,, there's still Kira. Or perhaps Orb will be no more.

But I'm sure she's not gonna die,, love wins all,, somehow they will be together at the end, somehow.

But I have a huch on something else, I'm pretty sure those 2 sexy captains are going to battle each other later. perhap over the Neo/Mwu?

I don't think Cagalli will die (not yet at least, someone has to though later) but it would add to the romantic tension is Athrun was engaged, and then finds himself getting closer to Luna and then also having to deal with the 2nd Lacus.

I would expect Kira and Shin to talk friendly once or twice. I don't think it'll be until the Freedom shows up that Kira will be named enemy #1 once Shinn knows that Kira is the pilot.

Talia already has the Chairman, so she's not an issue. Murrue is in for some heartache though.

Edited by Anubis

...engaged, and then finds himself getting closer to Luna and then also having to deal with the 2nd Lacus...

I don't see much happening with Luna. With Luna, it's more of a school-girl crush. It's not every day you meet the idol/poster-boy of ZAFT's Special Forces. Fake Lacus....now there's a problem.

...engaged, and then finds himself getting closer to Luna and then also having to deal with the 2nd Lacus...

I don't see much happening with Luna. With Luna, it's more of a school-girl crush. It's not every day you meet the idol/poster-boy of ZAFT's Special Forces. Fake Lacus....now there's a problem.

Hey, I think Rey's been giving Athrun some looks too. :lol:

But seriously, has there been any speculation of Rey being related to Raww in any way? He looks like he's hiding something. I'm not buying the clone speculation either. Maybe a bastard child? Raww might of been pimping it on his days off.

Have the GINN suits been totaly phased out from ZAFT's frontline inventory? Going by the Astray manga, it looks like plenty of diffrent factions used GINNs, that almost anyone could get ahold of one. Gai used to use a GINN until Lowe gave him the Blue Frame.

Is anyone there saying "Hey wait, ZAFT doesn't use GINNs anymore they use GuAIZ units. Those GINNs could be anyone..."

Either way, the thing I wan't to find out most is what's with Neo and Rey.

Have the GINN suits been totaly phased out from ZAFT's frontline inventory? Going by the Astray manga, it looks like plenty of diffrent factions used GINNs, that almost anyone could get ahold of one. Gai used to use a GINN until Lowe gave him the Blue Frame.

Is anyone there saying "Hey wait, ZAFT doesn't use GINNs anymore they use GuAIZ units. Those GINNs could be anyone..."

Nope. Older model GINNs and CGUEs are still in plentiful use by ZAFT's main forces.

Edited by Panon

Yeah, GINNs are still being used. Most have been replaced by the GuAIZ Rs but you still see GINNs in episode 1 and 2. Most of the old ZAFT mobile suits are still being used (with the exception of the GuAIZ and the ZuOOT, most of those seem to have been replaced by the GuAIZ R and the GAZuOOT, respectively). Zakus appear limited (since they are just being rolled out) to just squad leaders (like Dearka, who appears to be part of the standard forces, not the SpecOps) and special forces at the moment. It takes time to filter shiny new equipment to the lower ranks.

its that time of the month again, folks.

COMBINING SEED DESINTY MECHA!!

After the 3 new crazies' gundams get pwned with missing limbs, they decide to join them together to form....

I'm not sure what do you call this...GETTER GUNDAM!

post-26-1102314328_thumb.jpg

Hey, I think Rey's been giving Athrun some looks too. :lol:

But seriously, has there been any speculation of Rey being related to Raww in any way? He looks like he's hiding something. I'm not buying the clone speculation either. Maybe a bastard child? Raww might of been pimping it on his days off.

The ages don't add up terribly well for Rey being Rau's son. He would have been conceived when Rau was 13-15 years old (not sure exactly how old Rey is), which obviously isn't biologically impossible, but kids that age don't typically have kids of their own in Gundam shows. It's not impossible, but I think it's fairly improbable.

So clone is mostly the best guess then it seems.

Either that or Ariga had a third son that neither Mwu nor Raww knew about.

Or is Rey too young for that senario?

Possible. Rey's age could allow for that. Rey's a coordinator though, and I doubt Ariga would have had anything to do with that. Even Rau looked to be enhanced, not a real coordinator, hence all the medicine he had to pop all the time.

Unless Rey was an illigitimate child and his mother either made Rey a first-gen, or was a coordinator herself.

Edited by Anubis

And the EA's new super weapon, OMEGA CALAMITY!!

Speaking of the EA super weapon.

If the Atlantic and Eurasian Federations are willing to share, I wonder if they'll do a joint project with a Gundam using the N Jammer Cancellers, Gunbarrels/bits and the beam sheild. A suit like that would be invincible, it could cocoon up in the umbrella while the bits go and take everyone out.

Here's the GQ model Sword Impulse. Pretty impressive I think. I'll give this some consideration.

I just ordered the Zaku IIF and Gundam Mk. II Titans HCM pro figures to see how I like that line. The pics for those are awesome. If I like those enough I may hold out for HCM Pro Seed Destiny mecha and go with that for the new Zaku's and the Sword Impulse.

post-26-1102371413_thumb.jpg

i don't think Rey could be a clone of Rau because Rau was originally a clone himself and he was sort of a defect because of the pills he had to take. so if Rey was a clone of Rau wouldn't he have the same genetic problem as well.

I don't think those pills he takes has anything to do with him being a clone but more with something like the drugs the EA's three Gundam pilots were cranked up on.

i don't think Rey could be a clone of Rau because Rau was originally a clone himself and he was sort of a defect because of the pills he had to take. so if Rey was a clone of Rau wouldn't he have the same genetic problem as well.

I don't think those pills he takes has anything to do with him being a clone but more with something like the drugs the EA's three Gundam pilots were cranked up on.

My thoughts as well.

Ariga was a Natural, therefore as his clone Rau needed to be enhanced in order to infiltrate Zaft's forces. He seemed to especially need the pills before and after a battle, just like the crazies.

Did anyone save the scan about the Seed Special that shows his face. I swear he looks exactly like Rey, just Rey is obviously younger in appearance. I'm waittng to see if Athrun picks up on a similarity eventually.

The CPU pilots of Clamity, Forbidden and Raider guzzeled their meds, not in the pill form.

I also can't see Rau being a artifical coordinator considering in those days you can create a clone of yourself in a coordinator fashion which I believe is what Mwu's father wanted, something more superior to be an heir.

Now the pills....it could be related to the fact he might be an imperfect clone....I think the mask was wore as a cover of his imperfect face perhaps....or it could be a phsycological thing....I'm not sure.......

The CPU pilots of Clamity, Forbidden and Raider guzzeled their meds, not in the pill form. 

I also can't see Rau being a artifical coordinator considering in those days you can create a clone of yourself in a coordinator fashion which I believe is what Mwu's father wanted, something more superior to be an heir.

Now the pills....it could be related to the fact he might be an imperfect clone....I think the mask was wore as a cover of his imperfect face perhaps....or it could be a phsycological thing....I'm not sure.......

Looking at that pic for his face, I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't think Ariga ever intended for Raww to be a Coordinator. From what we know about him the guy had a real supiriority complex and was a total narcicist. He loved himself more than his own son and decided himself would be his best heir. I would also guess Ariga knew he himself was a Newtype, hence the supiriority complex. He probably saw Mwu as "contaminated" in that half his genes were not from Ariga.

Knowing he's a Newtype, what would be the point of making Raww a Coordinator? We've pretty much seen just how unstoppable a Newtype can be. Mwu took out 5 GINNs in one fight by himself in a Mobile Armor, and Kira needed his SEED mode on top of his super coordinator abilites to just barely defeat Raww.

Raww probably too those pills so he could use ZAFT's suits and no one would wonder why he couldn't use a standard OS.

Edited by Druna Skass

While the other two are dead on, this one looks more like CalamaRyuJin, GekiRyuJin's long lost brother

thats the 2 robots that in Gaogaigar right? thats what they looked like to me.

Nope. They even acknowledge that Rau's genetics are messed up (the only other known clone in the SEED universe, Prayer Revarie, also suffered from similar genetic problems) and he also takes them numerous times when he they wouldn't be needed for mobile suit piloting.

Knowing he's a Newtype, what would be the point of making Raww a Coordinator?

Nobody knows what Newtypes are or that they even exist.

While the other two are dead on, this one looks more like CalamaRyuJin, GekiRyuJin's long lost brother

thats the 2 robots that in Gaogaigar right? thats what they looked like to me.

I don't know. I didn't watch Gaogaigar. THe transformation was similar to Energon Omega Supreme so i coined that. Heh.

Nobody knows what Newtypes are or that they even exist.

I would think at least the EA knows about the existence of newtypes. That's why the Gunbarrels/Mobius Zeros were created for them. I don't see any reason why they'd create/design those things if unpilotable by a normal human

Nope. They even acknowledge that Rau's genetics are messed up (the only other known clone in the SEED universe, Prayer Revarie, also suffered from similar genetic problems) and he also takes them numerous times when he they wouldn't be needed for mobile suit piloting.

Where did they mention his genetics got screwed up?

Ah finnaly some info on Prayer. Is he another Ariga clone? What's his background?

If neither the Alliance nor ZAFT knew about the existance of Newtypes then that would mean a geneticaly "normal" person could operate the Gunbarrel and DRAGOON system as long as they were gifted/skilled enough. Meaning:

A: The Alliance got lucky in unknowingly getting all Newtypes for the Mobius Zero squad that Mwu was a part of.

B: You just have to be extreemly gifted/skilled to use those weapon systems.

Ah finnaly some info on Prayer. Is he another Ariga clone? What's his background?

If neither the Alliance nor ZAFT knew about the existance of Newtypes then that would mean a geneticaly "normal" person could operate the Gunbarrel and DRAGOON system as long as they were gifted/skilled enough. Meaning:

A: The Alliance got lucky in unknowingly getting all Newtypes for the Mobius Zero squad that Mwu was a part of.

From what I understand, the Mobius Zero merely required a pilot with "exceptional spatial awareness" to operate. What exactly "exceptional spatial awareness" is considered to be is another matter entirely. Given Mwu is the only one to SURVIVE out of that squadron, it may very well be that non-newtypes can use such weapons.. just not as well as a Newtype.

Given Mwu is the only one to SURVIVE out of that squadron, it may very well be that non-newtypes can use such weapons.. just not as well as a Newtype.

From what I get from the official site is that the Zero squad wasn't shot down at all but that they got caught up in a Cyclopse system blast. Mwu was able to get out of range. For all we know there could have been another Mobius Zero pilot who could wipe the floor with Mwu.

I suspect that once SEED's run gets towards the end they'll update "spacial-awarness" to Newtype. Don't want to spoil it half way though. Either way, hopefully they'll explain everything by the end of Destiny.

Edited by Druna Skass

Given Mwu is the only one to SURVIVE out of that squadron, it may very well be that non-newtypes can use such weapons.. just not as well as a Newtype.

From what I get from the official site is that the Zero squad wasn't shot down at all but that they got caught up in a Cyclopse system blast. Mwu was able to get out of range. For all we know there could have been another Mobius Zero pilot who could wipe the floor with Mwu.

I suspect that once SEED's run gets towards the end they'll update "spacial-awarness" to Newtype. Don't want to spoil it half way though. Either way, hopefully they'll explain everything by the end of Destiny.

Really? I've only been watching the Dub, so I hadn't gotten that far (although I think that is starting up this friday..) and thought the rest of the Mobius Squadren was snuffed out before Mwu was sent on guard duty for the ship delivering the pilots. Oh well. n.n;

Mu said something about it in one of the last episodes. Not enough of some chemical starting with a "T", speeding up the aging process or some crap like that.

But there's a pic of Rau without the mask? I wanna see this, anyone have the scan?

Here's the pic form the scan.

post-26-1102449477.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Really? I've only been watching the Dub, so I hadn't gotten that far (although I think that is starting up this friday..) and thought the rest of the Mobius Squadren was snuffed out before Mwu was sent on guard duty for the ship delivering the pilots. Oh well. n.n;

I don't remmeber any mention of Mwu's squadron....in fact i forgotten what's he doing on the archangel.... :lol: