Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Well the Impulse may be a better suit than the Strike, but I still say it's design is butt-ugly compared to the Strike.

i was sooooooooooooo friggin' waiting for someone to say that! and yeah...it has okawara's design rehashing all over it <_< i think that's the thing i hate the most about okawara designing gundams now...seems like every new design he has is just a bunch of old gundams put together...i'll start laughing once i see something that looks like a total rip off from g gundam or wing :ph34r:

I personally find it funny that the core splendor launches and then jettisons its missles right after launch so it can combine into the impulse. Waste of munitions.....

More like reused footage....get use to it.

You realise its the reused footage and animation mistakes that the otakus of the present and future will be discussing about Seed's technology, physics, science mumbo jumbo etc. :lol:

We/They'll be saying things like:

"Maybe the missles fall off to form a "Fog Of War" so the impulse can combine safely." :lol:

Well the Impulse may be a better suit than the Strike, but I still say it's design is butt-ugly compared to the Strike.

True, true, except for the Sword Impulse. That one's better than Strikes IMO.

Aile Strike looks much better than Force Impulse though.

I'm reserving judgement on Blast Impulse until I watch Ep. 4 and seee how it does, but then I was never really a fan of Launcher Strike.

Aile Strike was one of the best designs out of Seed so far.

You realise its the reused footage and animation mistakes that the otakus of the present and future will be discussing about Seed's technology, physics, science mumbo jumbo etc. :lol:

As long as someone doesn't come along, take an animation mistake and make a whole new entity, *cough* VF-1R */cough* I won't worry too much.

I don't think we're on the same page here.  Maybe the problem is I just misunderstood what you were saying in the first place.  The way I took what you said was, they turn the Phase Shift on as soon as they're out of the ship and that wastes energy because they don't need it just yet, so going out in pieces like Impulse does saves energy because the Phase Shift isn't activated right out the door.  I don't think that's really true, because it's just a button they press to turn on Phase Shift, so if there's that much energy wasted before getting into battle, they could wait until they get closer.  Since they don't, it probably doesn't waste that much energy to turn it on there.

True, it probably doesn't waste that much power, but the price of that is now you are unprotected for the duration from leaving port to the combat zone. That is quite dangerous. Better to be safe than sorry.

I don't see how Impulse has the advantage over Strike, though. Impulse activates its armor later because it has to dock up first, and your claim was that having to wait to use the armor helped Impulse conserve energy, giving Impulse an advantage over Strike. I said that because it was so simple to activate the armor, if Strike really wasted that much extra energy turning it on so early, it's logical to think it simply wouldn't be turned on that soon. So unless I'm missing something here, what you're basically saying is that Impulse waiting to turn on PS armor is good because it saves energy, but Strike waiting to turn on PS armor is bad because it leaves it vulnerable. How is Impulse less vulnerable? In fact, when you consider that the reason Impulse's armor isn't on yet is that the MS isn't even assembled yet, it seems like it's actually more vulnerable during this period. That's my point of contention here. I'm not going to argue the superiority of Striker packs over Silhouette packs because it seems my memory of the series is a bit fuzzy and, contrary to what I remembered, the mid-air pack switches weren't in the specs, they're just something they came up with on the fly. All I'm saying now is that the energy conservation advantage of the Silhouette packs doesn't exist.

Some info on PLANT's council from Gunota that was from the latest Newtype

DESTINY council members

The latest issue of Newtype contained some info about the Plant Council's make-up in the current series. In C.E. 70, the Plant Council's radical faction, who were the driving force for war, and the moderate faction, who advocated peace, clashed. In C.E. 73, the council is made up of eight new members and four old ones. Of the old members, three are from the moderate or neutral factions and one from the radical. It's unknown whether Ezalia Joule, Yuri Amalfi, and Tad Elsman didn't run for election again or if they all lost a re-election bid but they're absent.

New members:

Gilbert Dullindal

Alan Clarzec

Ricardo Orff

Eduardo Lee

George Adaman

Crister Oberge

Neu Kazaefsky

Takao Schreiber

Returning members:

Louise Leitner

Ali Kasim

Orson White

Parnell Jesek  ¶ 5:20 AM

Also, here's where ORB is if anyone was wondering:

post-26-1100014535_thumb.gif

Edited by Anubis

Watched Episode 4. In a word: Awesome.

The whole episode was a fight in the debris belt. Great ship maneuvering, especially the Minerva (I love this ship). Hugging the Asteroid to dodge missles, realistic problem of not having a clear launch path, and a good chase. "Bogey 1" launched the 3 Gundams along with the Decoy so Shinn and Luminaria were trapped away from th ship fighting those 3. They worked pretty well together. Gaia unexpectedly made use of Bacow mode in Space bouncing off of debris parts making a very difficult target. Blast Impulse was still rather agile, and has a nice array of weaponry. Nowhere nead as limited as Launcher strike was. Has some kind of shoulder cannons, the 2 BIG beam cannons/rail cannons/whatever they are, and an array of missles. Not bad. They held their own against the 3, and was kind of a stalemate. Neo launched and fought Rey again after Rey had to walk off the catapult. Nice fight, with newtype pings, gunbarrels flying, and Rey dealing with some Daggers at the same time. A rivalry is of course ensuing between these two.

Athrun is the current moper. While the Minerva has more mobile suits in the bay, it turns out there are no more pilots yet. There were only two GuAIZ pilots with Shinn and Luminaria that were quickly dispatched. That's it. Unlike the Astrays in Seed though the CF GuAIZ and Dagger pilots got names in this episode. First Names only, but at least something.

So Athrun was quite torn between stying put and running to the launch bay, which he then stayed put and instead gave some input to the captain. He then mopes around some later on. His moping should end soon, as he'll probably have to step out and help once they head to Junius.

He's got the captain and the plant chairman thanking him and being totally cool, and he's all sheepish. Gilbert did reveal that the former Chairman helped him and Cagalli out after the war with some kind of arrangement.

In the last moments of the show a Zaft observation post picks up that Junius 7 is already moving, which of course should be in stationary orbit.

Episode 4 was pretty awesome.

Only thing wrong with it was, I'd think it would be better if the 3 stolen gundams stayed in bogey-1, and as it sneaked behind the minerva with its mirage colloid armour, deploy and destroy. And Rey can't do nothing about it. :lol:

*wants to direct Seed*

But other wise, pretty awesome capship battle.

Episode 4 was pretty awesome.

Only thing wrong with it was, I'd think it would be better if the 3 stolen gundams stayed in bogey-1, and as it sneaked behind the minerva with its mirage colloid armour, deploy and destroy. And Rey can't do nothing about it.  :lol:

*wants to direct Seed*

But other wise, pretty awesome capship battle.

That's the only thing I found wierd too when the chase started. If the ship wanted to escape it should have been able to engage the Mirage Colloid and run as well.

Unless that's a limitation to the colloid. Maybe you can't run the engines while using the colloid and you have to drift where you're going. The engine output would show beyond the colliod's edge, so you have to cut engines and drift in (not a problem in space).

IIRC when Blitz attacked the Umbrella, it wasn't running the engines while using the colloid either, the glow stopped when Nicol engaged the coloid and he drifted down to the Umbrella where he then dropped the cloak and attacked.

Also, when Bogey-1 (I have to elarn to spell the ship name) approached the colony it's shown drifting, they didn't kick in the engines until they dropped the colloid and attacked.

Thus in order to get away they had to just kick the enignes on full and run, the colloid wouldn't work for that.

It seems that the colloid was designed for two things:

1. To conceal objects.

2. To slowly sneak up on targets undetected.

post-26-1100023539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Bogey-1 used the asteroid as an anchor and made a giant u-turn to get behind the minerva. I'm sure the minerva would've detected it coming back towards its direction , and not the decoy if its mirage colloid wasn't on. hmmmmmm

Bogey-1 used the asteroid as an anchor and made a giant u-turn to get behind the minerva. I'm sure the minerva would've detected it coming back towards its direction , and not the decoy if its mirage colloid wasn't on. hmmmmmm

Unless the Girty Lue (the name of Bogey-1) was probably running silent (Engines off, etc. etc. etc). And since they were in the debris field, floating around with all that junk they would have blended in (And there were some considerably large pieces of junk floating out there).

Yeah, with all the metal debris in the field, the Girtly Lue (thanks Azrael) could blend in pretty easy, with the decoy also drawing attention away from the rear.

I just watched ep5 raw,and i must say i am liking seed destany so far. heres the quick down and dirty points of the ep

- Pilots of Zaft mobile suits(not sure if there Zaft or EA/blue cosmos in stolen Zaft suits, but the uniforms the pilots were wearing are ZAFT) set up the COLONY DROP. of whats left of junious 7.

- Apparently some old folks in the EA seemingly are seemingly behind the colony drop in order to further earth/plant hostilities, the dialog was a little tough for me to understand, but i have the feeling there somehow linked to blue cosmos

- After cagali goes into one of her outbursts, at the meh attutude the Zaft pilots are showings towards the impending colony drop, Shin decides to give her a peice of his mind on why he hates orb/anyone involved with orb.

-After Consoling Cagali, Azuran requests a mobile suit, and gets his very own cannon fodder Zaku, Launching at the end of the ep saying "azuran Zara launching". He really cant pull the Char alias thing off well. but its good that we'll be seing him back in action soon

- Zaft seems to want to atleast lighten the damage of the drop by blowing the colony in peices, as the bombs are set up, the Zaft forces are attacked by giins

- Issac and Deraka(Spell?) are back and are part of the force trying to stop/slow colony drop

otherwise a good ep, from the title of the next ep "sekai no owaru toki" or the end of the world, i think we'll see just how bad the colony drop impacts things.

Btw has anyone on here played the gundam seed game, Never ending tomorrow which was realised recently? So far its pretty good, if i have some free time ill post a review in this thread.

Edited by Bob_Coffee

Would make a lot of sense for BC to use stolen Zaft suits. Makes framing Zaft for doing the colony drop that much easier. Were any of the pilots spouting that "clean blue earth" nonsense Blue Cosmos guys like to say?

Would make a lot of sense for BC to use stolen Zaft suits. Makes framing Zaft for doing the colony drop that much easier. Were any of the pilots spouting that "clean blue earth" nonsense Blue Cosmos guys like to say?

Nope. Never heard the phrase being used.

Would make a lot of sense for BC to use stolen Zaft suits.  Makes framing Zaft for doing the colony drop that much easier.  Were any of the pilots spouting that "clean blue earth" nonsense Blue Cosmos guys like to say?

Nope. Never heard the phrase being used.

Well, could be BC, or in the other extreme end, could actually be extremist Zaft guys doing the drop. Working with the BC to spark the war again? The promo pics show the 3 stolen gundams fighting the Minerva's group and Yzak's group, so the earth guys have something to do with it at least.

This is one we'll just have to see I guess.

Not long now for the fansub at least.

- Apparently some old folks in the EA seemingly are seemingly behind the colony drop in order to further earth/plant hostilities, the dialog was a little tough for me to understand, but i have the feeling there somehow linked to blue cosmos

Those guys were, in fact, Blue Cosmos. I believe the youngish looking guy who was watching everyone else leave at the end of the scene was Lord Jibril, the leader of Blue Cosmos.

Edited by phuqueue

If it was this guy, then yes he's the Blue Cosmos leader.

Even though he looks a lot gayer than azrael, he does somehow look a little more sinister at the same time. Hopefully he gets a better outfit later. No head bad guy should have an outfit that bad.

post-26-1100492120.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Even though he looks a lot gayer than azrael, he does somehow look a little more sinister at the same time. Hopefully he gets a better outfit later. No head bad guy should have an outfit that bad.

Looks like a tree hugging hippee. :lol:

This guy looks by far more menacing than Azrael, the outfit is really bad but I don't think that's gonna be the same everytime, and I don't agree that it's gayer.. Azrael was such a fagot that no character could be worse.... well, maybe the stupid junkie pilots, but those were just anoying... good thing none of them got to be in Destiny

It's the outfit that makes this dude look pretty gay right now. At least Azrael had a suit. With a better outfit this guy would look far more evil. For now it's just his face that makes him look pretty mean.

oh my gosh...

it looks like Gamlin from M7

Even though he looks a lot gayer than azrael, he does somehow look a little more sinister at the same time.  Hopefully he gets a better outfit later.  No head bad guy should have an outfit that bad.

oh my gosh...

it looks like Gamlin from M7

Nah....Gamlin had a cooler do.

Has this guy always been the Blue Cosmos leader or did he take over from Azrael?

They should put him in some white Rufus Shinra style suit.

Even though he looks a lot gayer than azrael, he does somehow look a little more sinister at the same time.  Hopefully he gets a better outfit later.  No head bad guy should have an outfit that bad.

Has this guy always been the Blue Cosmos leader or did he take over from Azrael?

They should put him in some white Rufus Shinra style suit.

Azrael was the head honcho before, so this guy took over probably right after Azrael's death.

Azrael was the head honcho before, so this guy took over probably right after Azrael's death.

I don't think he was the leader of Blue Cosmos. Very influential member...yes. Considering he supplied the money and the weapons. The gentlemen in episode 5 appear to be the actual leadership of BC. Lord Jibril appears to just be one of the more vocal members of the club. Much like how Siegel Clyne was the leader of the PLANT council while Patrick Zala was its most vocal in the group.

Saw it yesterday. It seems that radical ZAFT troops still unhappy over the Junios 7 incident went rogue. Terrorists if you will, and set up the colony drop. BC are not happy with the turn of events but plan ahead to setup ZAFT and blame them when the disaster settles down. Neo meanwhile watches from a distance, recording the battle....probably to aid BC in their post apocalyptic plan...that ZAFT was indeed involved with the colony drop.

Naturals' anger will flare, BC will step up to lead the anger, and war will begin again. How does BC intend to setup a military force after Earth's destruction, I'm not too sure.

Saw it yesterday. It seems that radical ZAFT troops still unhappy over the Junios 7 incident went rogue. Terrorists if you will, and set up the colony drop. BC are not happy with the turn of events but plan ahead to setup ZAFT and blame them when the disaster settles down. Neo meanwhile watches from a distance, recording the battle....probably to aid BC in their post apocalyptic plan...that ZAFT was indeed involved with the colony drop.

Naturals' anger will flare, BC will step up to lead the anger, and war will begin again. How does BC intend to setup a military force after Earth's destruction, I'm not too sure.

One colony drop won't destroy the Earth completely. It will tear up a piece of one continent probably (the PLANT colonies seem to be a good deal larger than the UC-style ones, but I can't find an exact spec on a Plant colony's diameter). There should be quite enough of Earth left to have a very pissed off Earth Alliance.

Edited by Anubis

Well i assumed a colony would be more or less the size of texas.....just like that giant asteroid in Armageddon. Wouldn't that kill the earth?

*American TV has raped his mind* :D

Well i assumed a colony would be more or less the size of texas.....just like that giant asteroid in Armageddon. Wouldn't that kill the earth?

*American TV has raped his mind* :D

Not quite not the size of Texas.

Found the Plant info I needed. Each shaft of the hourglass is 30km long, 10km diameter for each living area. Pretty damn big still.

These hourglass-style structures consist of two disc-shaped living areas, each ten kilometers in diameter, which rotate around a central hub to produce artificial gravity. Each living area is anchored to the hub by a 30-kilometer central shaft and a network of high-tension strings, and a high-speed elevator runs up the central shaft to provide access to the hub. A set of external mirrors, attached to the central hub, are used to reflect sunlight into the inner surfaces of the living areas.

Junius 7 is only the lower half remnant of the colony, and it's already ruins as well, which will help the earth a bit. So we're probably talking about a UC colony-drop level of damage. A UC colony is about a 30km long cylinder vs a 10km diameter disc for Junius 7

I'll let a physics major get into it deeper.

Watch it land on Washington this time. :lol:

Maybe in another MSG homage it could land on Australia.

There's also the fallout. The impact crater would be the size of Texas, however then there's the fallout from the impact ala the dinosaurs (still under debate). Areas surrounding the impact point would become uninhabitable and then the population would have to move to the outer edges of the continent. In otherwords, you'd have a lot of pissed people.

It's not BC who would set up the military force. It would be EA. When Junius 7 drops, Coordinators get the blame. Anti-Coordinator sentiment rises to levels larger than during the war thanks to the propoganda war from BC. Military production increases to insane levels. EA would declare war on PLANT. And the flow of events would just follow through and they would be at war again. That would lead to nukes, Genesis, etc. and the flow chart goes on and on.

With Azrael gone, BC lost a lot of pull with EA. Imagine getting it all back just from 1 colony drop.

Edited by azrael