Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

i haven't watched the second half of the series in a year, but I distinctly remember Kira picking up the ability to sense Cruz right after Mu died. Plus he was able to talk to Flay after she died, both distinctly Newtype traits, neither of which were shown as previously being part of his "Seed" mode. Besides, when he's in Seed, his eyes are usually fully dialated aren't they? I think he evolved past his Seed, into a Newtype.

I also see some definate similarities between the Double Zeta & Double X, not overty in design, but it's there. The shows however were deifnately much alike, and hte overal "type" of design "improvement" was similar too (i.e. too huge & bulky).

Those might have something to do with that fact Kira's not a normal Coordinator. I wish there was more info on the Hyperion's pilot, he's also a super cordinator like Kira, to compare the two. And Kira never has that little "mind flash" thing we see with Mwu and Le Kluze.

Well see, it's in design where I was talking about that Freedom is nothing more than a clone of the Double X. Not in atributes. Design-wise the only similarities I see with Double X and Z are the typical Gundam features, V-fin, chin and eyes. Certainly nothing enough to consider Double X a clone of ZZ. The concept might be the same but certainly not the design of the suit.

Let me get this straight:

1.) Some dude (the 1st coodinator) sent information on how to make super babies aka Coordinators

2.) Jealous naturals rebelled and thus then there is racial hatred between humans and coordinators.

3.) Coordinators left earth to live peacefully on space colonies.

4.) Naturals are war hungry and nuked a space colony thus causing a war. ZAFT was formed.

5.) Naturals losing war because of ZAFT's advanced technology and superior people.

6.) To be on equal ground, Naturals came up with Gundams, Super Coordinators, Newtypes, and human CPUs....

So the way i see it....if the Naturals won against the Coordinators, they'll be back to square one with their inferiority complex with the Newtypes and human CPUs. :o

Did i miss out something?

Let me get this straight:

1.) Some dude (the 1st coodinator) sent information on how to make super babies aka Coordinators

2.) Jealous naturals rebelled and thus then there is racial hatred between humans and coordinators.

3.) Coordinators left earth to live peacefully on space colonies.

4.) Naturals are war hungry and nuked a space colony thus causing a war. ZAFT was formed.

5.) Naturals losing war because of ZAFT's advanced technology and superior people.

6.) To be on equal ground, Naturals came up with Gundams, Super Coordinators, Newtypes, and human CPUs....

So the way i see it....if the Naturals won against the Coordinators, they'll be back to square one with their inferiority complex with the Newtypes and human CPUs. :o

Did i miss out something?

Here's everything that lead up to that war. When ever you're bored you can read the whole thing.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...d/timeline.html

I think Kira went into his SEED mode during his final battle with Crueste with his Providence Gundam.....I'll have to watch that final episode again but he was so pissed off that Fllay died that I think he finally just went nuts...I do remember there being alot of yelling of phosoliphy and what not by them both, Kira and Crueste...

I think Kira went into his SEED mode during his final battle with Crueste with his Providence Gundam.....I'll have to watch that final episode again but he was so pissed off that Fllay died that I think he finally just went nuts...I do remember there being alot of yelling of phosoliphy and what not by them both, Kira and Crueste...

In the last round though Kira was sensing Creuset with the normal newtype ping. Kluze was also abel to sense kira at that time, so Kira was showing some newtype traits. A coordinator-newtype possibly. Before that only Creuset and Mwu were able to sense each other, also with the normal newtype ping. Mwu was supposed to be of only a few that were able to use those funnels he hd on the Mobius Zero. Mwu showed every trait of an emerging newtype.

The first 3 crazy guys were like some kind of artificial newtype experiment it looks like to me. They just couldn't do it quite right. When fighting Atrhun and Kira they noticed those guys weren't coordinators, but not regular humans either. The drugs were stabilizing them. Same for Creuset, but his upgrade was done right, though he still needed the pills. The crazy trio needed a way bigger dosage.

Let's see if Kira of someone can sense Neo in Destiny.

Reaching a bit, but possibly not many were noticing the emergence of a number of newtypes, and those that did saw that that was the real evolutionary step humanity was supposed to take. It's just been under the radar so far, and maybe a side item of what Blue Cosmos is fighting for. The coordinators (same concept of Khan and the other genetically enhanced like Dr. Bashir in Star Trek) were a diversion from that evolution, especially with their talk about being the next evolution of humanity. Even Klyne recognized the difference between an engineered evolution and a natural one when talking to Zala. Also another reason for Blue Cosmos to annihalate PLANT, so we can get back on track.

Also, I know some MSV suit designs are making their way into Seed Destiny, but are the back-stories part of the continuity, like that other super coordinator? The dreadnaught in Destiny Astray doesn't have the funnels either.

I still want to know what the deal is with the damn space fish too. Unless that's really all there was? Something they found and drew some inspiration form it.

Edited by Anubis

In the last round though Kira was sensing Crueset with the normal newtype ping.

Which part was that, I don't remember Kira ever having that "ping"?

Didn't he?

I know he senses Creuset in the beginning of the episode, maybe i'm wrong about the ping? I know for sure though that Creuset had the ping when he sensed Kira a couple of times in that episode.

Didn't he?

I know he senses Creuset in the beginning of the episode, maybe i'm wrong about the ping?  I know for sure though that Creuset had the ping when he sensed Kira a couple of times in that episode.

Just got done watching the last episode, not Newtype ping for Kira.

ok then,

No ping for Kira, but Creuset able to sense Kira with the ping, still shows something different about Kira.

Kira's starting to show as well though since he had a sense that Creuset was near and left to go over then when he split from athrun and Cagalli. Add in the Fllay scene as well.

No ping for Kira, but Creuset able to sense Kira with the ping, still shows something different about Kira.

Kira's starting to show as well though since he had a sense that Creuset was near and left to go over then when he split from athrun and Cagalli. Add in the Fllay scene as well.

That may have something to do with Kira being the ultimate cooridnator, though because other Cooridnators don't exhibit that trait.

Even Klyne recognized the difference between an engineered evolution and a natural one when talking to Zala. Also another reason for Blue Cosmos to annihalate PLANT, so we can get back on track.

I won't say annihalate, more like prematurely adjusting the numbers. The number of natural Coordinator births was declining, IIRC. Coordinators were doing the job that George Glenn envisioned, forcing humanity to evolve (as we see with Mu). The Blue Cosmos vision was a more radical/extreme concept. If the process occured naturally, Coordinators would have bred themselves out of existance. If the Coordinators were wiped out, the process of becoming newtypes would not mature as it has or the evolutionary process may even come to a halt (thereby, naturals would breed themselves to extinction).

Kira, I don't think, ever became a Newtype, he just went totally apeshit when Flay died. Fukuda has stated before that Mu and Rau are the *only* Newtypes in the SEED world (although it would follow that if Neo and Rey are somehow related to them, like clones or whatever, then...they're probably Newtypes too). I believe Fukuda said that the scene that took place between Kira and Flay didn't actually happen. One of the interviews Gunota posted back when the show first ended had him describing it as "What Flay wanted to tell him," and it was everything she meant to say but never did. It was a visual expression of Flay's feelings, but I guess it wasn't actually supposed to be like a Newtype mind meld experience (a la Amuro and Lalah, for instance).

Also, Newtypes can sense incoming danger regardless of whether it's another Newtype attacking them or not, so that Rau sensed Kira means nothing. What Rau sensed was a giant robot hurtling toward him and out for blood.

As for how it's possible that the Flaga bloodline is the only one capable of producing Newtypes, I always took that within the context of the Turn A Bang theory. The Flaga family is the last of the remaining Newtypes from the UC/AW eras, rather than the only group of people in the entire CE world to evolve into Newtypes. Just my interpretation of it, though. If I recall correctly, Fukuda said even before SEED started that it was supposed to fit in with all the other shows as part of Dark History, so it makes sense.

Looks like the Alliance has themselfs an invisible (and most likely nuke reactor powered) battleship.

More and more I'm failing to see how Coordinators are supirior to Naturals, especialy since two of ZAFT's top pilots use Natural built machines through out the war and it's two Alliance designed Gundams that come out in one piece.

Crap the Alliance invented:

Phase-Shift Armor

Mirage Coloroid

Lohengrin Cannon

Scylla Cannon

Gunbarrel weapon system

Eurasian's beam sheild system

MS use beam weapons in general

Cyclopes Microwave Array

Laminated Armor

Crap ZAFT invented

Mobile Suit

Neutron Jammer

Neutron Jammer Canceler

GENESIS

post-26-1098075908_thumb.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

I still think Kira si a Newtype, and I'll be damned if the interaction between he & Flay didn't happen, but only time will tell.

As for the Turn A theory, since the original colonies would have gone out further into space, it would make sense that perhaps the fish came from them? Bah, that's a whole other mess.

As far as Earth technology Vs Zaft technology, think of it this way, necessity is the mother of invention. Coordinator's are physically & mentally superior to Naturals, but they're still human. They didn't need overly super-powered mobile suits like the Gundam's to fight, the GINN more than did the job.

The Naturals however were way outgunned, so they put their heads to it & upped the anti with technology that could have just as easily be invented by the Coordinator's, but just wasn't necessary.

The Naturals however were way outgunned, so they put their heads to it & upped the anti with technology that could have just as easily be invented by the Coordinator's, but just wasn't necessary.

My point exactly, when backed into a corner Naturals were able to catch up in a relativly short amount of time, matter of a couple of months. Comming up with tech the so-called supirior Coordinators saw fit to steal from them. If Coordinators were so supirior then there should have been no way the Alliance could catch up. I consider them at best a slight improvement. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say they would have blasted to all hell if they failed in stealing those Gundams.

As far as Naturals needing overpowered suits go, I'm sure you've seen just how the GINNs were totally owned by the Strike Daggers. Supposedly the M1 were on the same level as the Daggers.

Then there's the non-Coordinator Mwu, who became an one mission ace takeing out 5 GINNS with his ZERO in one battle.

Point is, in the long run I really doubt Coordinators are all that supirior to Naturals.

If it was up to me, I would have equipped as many nuclear missiles as I could with Mirage Coloroids and blew away all of ZAFT's military bases and factories. I'd like to see Kira and Athrun shoot down invisible missiles.

If it were up to you, you would have equipped all those nukes....but then you have to account for where the true genius of the coordinator's lay. They created the N-Jammer (though they also stupidly make the N-Jammer canceller....). I don't think they wanted to kill the Naturals in the first place, just scare them enough to keep them away. The Naturals on the other hand were fully motivated in taking out the Coordinator's, which is where their technological asperations took them. All things considered, Earth was lucky that ZAFT didn't truly try to rip them a new one after the Bloody Valentine incident.

If it was up to me, I would have equipped as many nuclear missiles as I could with Mirage Coloroids and blew away all of ZAFT's military bases and factories. I'd like to see Kira and Athrun shoot down invisible missiles.

Ah, but then there'd be no show then would there? :lol::lol:

One thing to remember too is that PLANT is relatively small. You're talking one colony cluster (plus the areas of land they eventually seized on Earth). The EA has their enitre stockpile of resources and manpower to come up with stuff and mass produce things. They even blitzed and took over South America early on for not siding with them according to the timeline. PLANT did a lot of things very quick, but even with the mobile suits and tech, the EA was still predicted to win the war initially. It was the coordinator's skills that kept then in the fight for so long and kinda tipped the balance in their favor for a while. The EA's main problem with the mobile suits was the operation of them. Their pilots couldn't handle the suits. Even the gundam pilots that were killed in the beginning could barely move the suits from what Mwu said, kinda like the difficulty they showed orb's pilots had with the Astrays before the OS was finished. Once the EA finally got a workable OS their pilots could use, it was game on for their mass produced mobile suits. The coordinators still made it a pretty even fight even though the Earth forces really outnumbered the Zaft ones.

A lot of things the Earth did too, plant was able to do better. One example: Earth made the gunbarrels first, yeah, but then Zaft rolled out the Providence with 40 beam nozzles combined on it. Real remote swarming multi-barreled funnels, not just a couple of flying barrels. Also on mobile suits. The EA finally got the Strike Daggers online, on par with the Ginns, but their improved battle performance can be attributed to the beam rifles vs. the ginn's/dinn's machine guns. Beam weaponry makes all the difference. The later model GuAIZ's made mincemeat of many a Dagger.

Edited by Anubis

Either way, had the war dragged on (no GENESIS and the Alliance used the Cancellers to solve the enegy problem) it would have gone to the Alliance. They would have ran them off Earth and smashed their military.

Sure the Dagger lost to the GuAIZ most of the time, but I'm sure the Alliance would have countered with a more advanced model. No matter how far ZAFT gots the Alliance isn't too far behind. I mean I'm sure they could have made a DRAGOON Striker pack, problem is, they killed everyone who could use it and the only one left just ran off to join ORB. Also, Kira and Athrun didn't exactly have it easy going head to head with the Alliance's three junkies.

The Alliance people are just as inventive as the ZAFT people, and the have the mass production ability to swarm ZAFT. Whatever short commings they have, they're able to level it all out somehow.

The thing I don't understand is why the Alliance member states would let Azrael lauch a nuclear attack on PLANT if they just getting very fat off of those colonies? You think they'd say, "yeah go and nuke their military all you like but we want those colonies back."

More and more I'm failing to see how Coordinators are supirior to Naturals, especialy since two of ZAFT's top pilots use Natural built machines through out the war and it's two Alliance designed Gundams that come out in one piece.

Coordinators didn't *need* to invent all that stuff, before that came into play their technological advantage was huge (remember a handful of mobile suits demolishing a conventional EA fleet?)

When push came to shove, with their lower resources they made better mobile suits faster than Earth did. By the later period of the war they were already mass producing suits almost equivalent to first generation Gundams, and their own Gundams were well above the Earth Gundams capabilities.

The thing I don't understand is why the Alliance member states would let Azrael lauch a nuclear attack on PLANT if they just getting very fat off of those colonies? You think they'd say, "yeah go and nuke their military all you like but we want those colonies back."

That's where politics and business comes in. The Azrael Conglomerate (who backed the extremist side of Blue Cosmos), was highly influential with the EA (namely the Atlantic Federation, who was the most influential of the EA). It becomes a power-play. Think of it as corporate buyout on a violent scale. It's kinda (and I use it loosely) like Microsoft forcing a small company to either be bought out, or have MS come up with their own version to squash the company's product to oblivion. The politics is who's in control while the nukes are the company's own, hacked version designed to obliterate the competition (i.e. business).

But that's one way to view it. :)

Coordinators didn't *need* to invent all that stuff, before that came into play their technological advantage was huge (remember a handful of mobile suits demolishing a conventional EA fleet?)

When push came to shove, with their lower resources they made better mobile suits faster than Earth did. By the later period of the war they were already mass producing suits almost equivalent to first generation Gundams, and their own Gundams were well above the Earth Gundams capabilities.

Come on now, there's no way PLANT's production facilites could ever keep up with Earth's. There's no way they can produce units faster than the Alliance could.

Likewise when push came to shove for Earth, they came up with some pretty nasty stuff that ZAFT decided they wanted too. ZAFT makes the GINN, Alliance makes the S Daggers, ZAFT counters with GuAIZ, well war ended before we could see the next Alliance suit. Seeing how those three junkies always gave Kira and Athrun a hard time I wouldn't place Freedom and Justice leap and bounds over those three. Providence, well the Alliance did develop the gunnbarrel system so it wouldn't take too long for them to develop an equivalant, especialy since at the end they had the Cancellers too. And ZAFT wouldn't even have those Gundams if they'd never stolen those 4 Alliance ones. They'd just have a nuclear powered GuAIZ or something along that line.

Now that the Alliance has the Canceller's I wonder if they going to make a GP02 style unit in DESTINY.

Now that the Alliance has the Canceller's I wonder if they going to make a GP02 style unit in DESTINY.

I would put money on there being a nuclear weapon equipped MS at some point.

No one ever accuses the EA of being slouches. Look at the Umbrella. Didn't see Zaft with anything like that. They also mass produced the Strike Daggers VERY quickly. First used them in Panama, and then all of a sudden they were everywhere.

The main thrust is that Zaft is able to easily match or exceed anything the EA does if they want to, with less. No one is above a little espionage as well, hence stealing the first Gundams, which they did pretty easily.

This concept reached back to UC: Zeons made better stuff, but the Feds won by swarming them with GM's and Balls.

In Seed though Zaft almost came out on top. If not for Athrun self destructing the Justice inside of Genesis, it would have been Game Over for Alliance HQ. Zaft also removed it's pro-war leadership and invited Earth to the table, instead of trying to finish them off.

One could also then argue though that without the Meteors it would have been all over for plant, and if the fight had gone on after Washington was destroyed, the captains of the ships with the nuclear weapons could have sent another wave of mobius's to hit the colonies.

Despite their difference in size, the two remained pretty equal throughout.

Sidebar for Destiny:

The reason the 3 new enhanced pilots got to steal Abyss, Gaia, and Chaos, was because they had help and were driven right to the hangar. Someone cuaghed up a lot of information (they knew exatly what they were taking and how to use it). Why remains a plot angle we'll see coming up.

Naturally there was something about Zaft's Gundams the alliance wanted to examine further, see how they do it at least, and also the new remote recharge system (whatver they call it). The Alliance could easily have just built their own new gundams again (which they will again of course). Or (enter suspicious mode) the new gundams may have always been meant to steal for whatever machinations Gilbert and co. have cooked up. Why was Impulse already deployed on the Minerva and those 3 were lying in the hangar?

Edited by Anubis

That's an interesting idea. Maybe the EA did have someone on the inside, start the Gundam development program just for the purpose of the EA to steal them later. Get the enemy to develop the weapon for you and then just basicly ship if off while at the same time you develop your own weapons. Twice the amount but for the price of only producing your weapons and if some Zaft get killed in the process, its a bonus. Then again this might not be the case but its an interesting theory.

Question again, is Shin a Natural or a Coord?

Also does Zaft still have any controlled areas on Earth? I thought they lost them all once the EA was able to get a working OS for their mobile suits and they started mass producing them? By the time the EA attacked Orb I though they had full control over the planet or at least could go where they pleased. Especially since Zaft was ready to fire their weapon at the actual planet itself.

Just finished episode 2, damn. I hope all this action doesn't mean that things will be slow during the middle part of the sereis. Its good to see that Shin doesn't waste any time and knows exactly what he's doing. What's with Stera though? Is she like that one girl from Zeta, the one that liked Camille? Can't remember her name. Already it seems like she might be the main rival for Shin or some insane love interest setup if you go by the opening.

Edited by Effect

I think ZAFT still had some forces scattered around Earth, they did offer to help ORB and then Patrick ordered GENESIS to be fired on Earth everyone had this WTF expression. There's no mention about what happend to Carpentaria so either they were completly crushed or the Alliance just isolated them.

I'm pretty sure Shin is a Coordinator, just not sure what generation.

If the Alliance was able to get people into a Gundam project, what else could they have stolen, GENESIS's blueprints? Imagine a new super battleship with a miniature GENESIS main cannon.

I still think Kira si a Newtype, and I'll be damned if the interaction between he & Flay didn't happen, but only time will tell.

I don't think Kira is a Newtype, but I agree that it doesn't make sense that the scene between him and Flay didn't happen; I'm just passing on Fukuda's words. It certainly seemed like all that stuff got through to Kira, but Fukuda said that Flay was never actually able to express her feelings to him. So, I don't know.

(By the way, here's the actual quote from Gunota: "The title of that scene was 'What Fllay wanted to tell him.' However a dead person can't express their feelings so Kira never heard those words. Which means Kira never got to know Fllay's feelings and he has to carry the burden of her death.")

As for the Coordinator vs. Natural argument... One thing you need to keep in mind is that Coordinators are still humans. Their genes have simply been tweaked to bring out the best possible qualities. So if you're comparing an entire population to another entire population in terms of what sort of technology each side can create, they're probably going to be relatively similar, because Naturals will show *some* of the same qualities that a Coordinator will show. Think back to the George Glenn story in SEED. What amazed everyone about him wasn't any one individual accomplishment, but rather that he was so good at _everything_. An incredibly intelligent Natural working in the Alliance's R&D isn't necessarily worse at his job than a Coordinator doing the same job for ZAFT. The difference is that the Coordinator is going to be good at everything, so if the Alliance and ZAFT R&D teams come together for a friendly game of baseball or something...ZAFT is probably going to put the hurt on the Alliance team in a big way.

Then there's the non-Coordinator Mwu, who became an one mission ace takeing out 5 GINNS with his ZERO in one battle.

Ah, but Mu was a Newtype, arguably even better than a Coordinator.

I'm pretty sure Shin is a Coordinator, just not sure what generation.

Shin is a Coordinator. My guess is that he's probably first generation, because first generation in general is better than second, which is better than third. If Shin were just some average Coordinator, we probably wouldn't be getting a show about him. I also wouldn't be completely shocked if he's another super Coordinator, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves on that one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to reply to this last part.

On another topic I hope they explain this SEED mode since obviously it isn't exclusive to Coordinators. Unless Cagali is one and nobody knows it...

Cagalli, I'm fairly certain, is a Natural. She's listed on the official site as a Natural, and while I don't remember episode 45 terribly well now, I do recall being under the impression that Cagalli was birthed naturally while Kira -- and only Kira -- was taken and put in the artificial womb to become a super Coordinator.

Fukuda provided a brief explanation of seed mode in an interview shortly after the end of SEED, but I don't remember exactly what he said about it and I can't find it at the moment. Feel free to explore Gunota's archives for an exact explanation. Basically it has nothing to do with genetic status (I guess we saw more Coordinators do it because it was mostly Coordinators who were fighting) and more to do with the particular person and situation.

Edited by phuqueue

Shin is a Coordinator. My guess is that he's probably first generation, because first generation in general is better than second, which is better than third.

There's no difference in 'quality' between generations of Coordinator.

You might be thinking of how they mentioned that with each passing generation of Coordinator the birth rate was declining.

You might be thinking of how they mentioned that with each passing generation of Coordinator the birth rate was declining.

Give me Lacus and I'll change that statistic! :wub::lol:

And by the way, i don't understand why everybody mentions Newtypes in seed, newtypes were found in the UC story, nothing to do with seed, there must be an explanation to the newtype looking effects that Mwu had and Lacreuze had however I don't have it.. :( I think it wouldn't be very creative from the part of the creators to include newtypes on an alternate universe.. but if they're now including zakus who knows... in any case the only thing I don't want to see again are a stupid sissy character like Azrael or the 3 retard pussies that piloted the calamity and such, to be frank those ones didn't delivered anything to the story and only looked ridiculous, I don't get why Kira and Athrun had such a hard time trying to beat those 3 fags, their gundams even looked ridiculous (tipical with Okawara...).

Edited by macplus

I think a Coordinator's abilities diminish with each generation. Like Athrun (2nd gen) isn't as strong or fast as his dad was at the same age.

As for mentioning Newtypes, we're mentioning them because the writer confirmed Mwu and Klueze to be Newtypes. and Newtypes didn't only appear in the UC timeline, Gundam X also had Newtypes.

I think a Coordinator's abilities diminish with each generation. Like Athrun (2nd gen) isn't as strong or fast as his dad was at the same age.

As for mentioning Newtypes, we're mentioning them because the writer confirmed Mwu and Klueze to be Newtypes. and Newtypes didn't only appear in the UC timeline, Gundam X also had Newtypes.

Thank's for the input Druna, I wasn't aware that the writter said that, sadly I've never seen enough of Gundam X :( On the other side what a lack of creativity to put Newtypes on alternate universes.... at least they could figure something different instead... oh well, I liked seed so I can live with that :)

I don't see it as a lack of creativity to use them in other universes. It would lack creativity if they were explained the same way but they are explained differently in UC and in Gundam X. I'm interested in seeing how Seed will explain them if they were do. I was always disappointed it was never explained in the first Seed series.

I don't see it as a lack of creativity to use them in other universes. It would lack creativity if they were explained the same way but they are explained differently in UC and in Gundam X. I'm interested in seeing how Seed will explain them if they were do. I was always disappointed it was never explained in the first Seed series.

Isn't the only true New Type is Mwu?

and everyone else is "Enhanced human"?

I guess there is no concept/such thing of New Type in SEED?

Isn't the only true New Type is Mwu?

and everyone else is "Enhanced human"?

I guess there is no concept/such thing of New Type in SEED?

No the writers said Klueze is one too, and with Klueze being Ariga's clone, Ariga was most likely a Newtype as well.

The three junkies have yet to be explained.