Legioss alpha fighter papercraft

Kin

dood, good job!! Well so far at least. Can't wait to see when it's done. And yeah, this sucker is going to be able to transform? Please do explain! :p:D:lol:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.

thnx for cheerups! I got a daytime job so I only have time to work on it in the evening.

Yes, it's gonna be variable.. and yes those wings are a problem..

I'm gonna make a test model first and see how i can technically solve the problem.

As for the wings, I think im gonna try to make it detractable. (sorry for my bad english... you know I meant by the way of sleeving in and out on particular parts)

Hmm...

Is it just me or does the Legioss have a slight resebelance to the Hornet?

Um, I think its just you. In all seriousness, how do you see a F-18 Hornet profile in any Legioss view??? :huh:

Hornet = single intake/ engine | Legioss = twin (quad?) intake/ engine

Hornet = single tail fin | Legioss = twin 'tail' fins

etc, etc...

Silly me, I was initially thinkin' F-16 Falcon! :lol:

My retardedness aside, :D I still don't see how a Legioss looks like a F-18???

Still, I can't wait to see how this papercraft ends up! Are you gonna add a bit/texture map to it or just print it out as a 'white' model?

post-26-1090733203_thumb.jpg

Yup I will add textures later on, and I think it's gonna be big scaled for easy assembling. Only I have to do a lot of corrections in pepakura designer cause some flaps output are wrong.

Since there is alot of teh same color on particular parts... maybe it's better to cut the contour out of colored paper and apply it on the surface. Otherwise you're ink cartridge will be empty soon. As for the decals I think that's a better solution too.

The transformation is not a big problem... the main problem is the joint between the arms and shoulder. I made it detractable but I still have to tune the length and whole bunch... and see if it is possable in 3 modes.

Oops I overlooked 1 problem... the tailfins.

Edited by Kin

Um, I think its just you. In all seriousness, how do you see a F-18 Hornet profile in any Legioss view??? :huh:

Somthing about the wings, forward fuselage, and the position of the intakes makes me think of the Hornet. From the top the Legioss looks like a Hornet if you make it wider and took the horizontal stabalizers off.

FINALLY!! :o

FIghtermode is available... as for now... I still have to assemble it and look for the abilities to transform correctly. I'd glad if u people can build the paper model .. :)

oh 1 thing... the hands are missing... I'll model it later on.

post-26-1090935098_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

I'm a bit lazy... but oh well..

I've printed 25 pages and I think this alpha is going to be extremely large :p

I've just finished the cockpit and head... the cockpit is 21cm long :p

roughly estimated... the whole fighter will be 50cm long! Use of medium thick paper is recommended.

btw when transforming... don't worry about the side flaps... it will just bend beautifullly with the paper.. to do that, apply glue on the side, about behind the dotted line seen on the surface of the side flaps and glue it on the cockpit.

Edited by Kin

I'm a bit lazy... but oh well..

I've printed 25 pages and I think this alpha is going to be extremely large :p

I've just finished the cockpit and head... the cockpit is 21cm long :p

roughly estimated... the whole fighter will be 50cm long! Use of medium thick paper is recommended.

btw when transforming... don't worry about the side flaps... it will just bend beautifullly with the paper.. to do that, apply glue on the side, about behind the dotted line seen on the surface of the side flaps and glue it on the cockpit.

any pix of the half finishe kit???

I'm currently using 170 grams paper a4.

it's a little bit soft but easy to fold.

BTW i was thinkin about an idea... i want to inject/fill those objects with some kind of foam.. does it excist?

oke there is one thing i came across... the middle body section is too thick compared to the legs :(

Edited by Kin