VF Girls

polidread

btw bake how u get ur drawings so clean and smooth, did you pencil them then ink over and erase the pencil?

I just adjusted the brightness/contrast of the image in photoshop and played around with the levels :)

what did you use to draw them initially?

just pencil, then I just used normal artline pen to ink over it.

and Poli, man I wish I can colour stuff like you do. B))

BOB! yesss, oks dito. kwela kahit minsan may mga masungit :p

BAKE! i see that your new works show the Valkyries in various action poses without compromising the mechanical details in the armor...something that ive been having some difficulty executing properly :p i have to practice that one aspect in drawing the VF girls!

i used to abhor working in photoshop back when i wasnt digitally inclined, but practice and some help does wonders for a caveman like me :)

when i color the VFGals, i usually take into consideration that most of their armor is white, so i tend to give them more shading and shadows to give them a more rounded bodyform and avoid too much flat out whites. i like to play with their armor and squad trims just to keep too much white away :D

and when i run out of ideas for coloring or shading , i use pictures of actual modelkits of the VFs as reference. most of the guys here really are skilled with airbrushing, and their work helps a lot!

post-5-1104809237.jpg

Edited by polidread

nice art you guys. i want to make a contribution but need to know wich program can i use to clean an image taken from a digital camera so it can be only balck and white, no gray shades so i can start coloring, also another program you know to make an effect like airbrush coloring.

here is the image i want to paint, i did it a few minutes ago but in the process i accidentally hit my desk and my custom 19 battroid fell and crashed :( . right now i'm assembling it togheter again.

post-5-1104908661_thumb.jpg

From one artist to another I hope you can tolerate some critiques...

They're all very lovely Bake, but the legs are really, really long. I don't know if that's the universal standard for Valk girls but it kept grabbing my attention.

Also, is it just me or is your VF-11 girl look like she's shrugging off her chestplate?

I need to get in on this...

I think one day Bake Art and I will meet somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. He draws his valk-gals with unnaturally long legs, and I draw mine with unnaturally short legs.

It's all about style, I guess. :)

I'm fiddling on my new Wacom tablet with an Armored VF-11 for my next valk-girl.

that last one really put you in the middle of the action , eh, StriderHiryu? :p

i recommend borrowing somebody's scanner and scanning in your artwork. there's nothing much more clear than that for your well made work.

and for your digital airbrush needs, try and look for a copy of photoshop, painter, or open canvas. these are the graphics programs that i usally hear of.

@Keith: ecchi VFGs ... are well worth the wait. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys! sorry ive been so long in finishing this, even the girls are complaining already!!!! but its still unfinished and im still unsatisfied with some of the color details ive been making, so i tend to recolor some parts and sometimes entire areas...

cansalmost.jpg

imagine that! the VFGirls thread has been bumped off to the second page :p

well...let's just walk a bit forward into the queue....

i probably shouldnt , but here's the next VFGirl in line for coloring...

nightmare1mini.jpg

Edited by polidread

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, those are great....  really like the Lightening twins and the Mustang girl.... and the one Japanese one that I cant read... far right on top.  Cool beans.

In my totally amateur, non-plane-buff, bassed on Oh My Goddess and Strikers 1945 opinion, the top right one is a Shinden.

I like the Hellcat, Corsair, and Tempest girls, personally.

Edited by JB0

Hi all,

THESE ARE AWESOME!!! You do astonishing work!! Any chance you can take the vf-19 excalibur girl and give us a full length shot????? Cuz I wanna make a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=t%20shirt" onmouseover="window.status='t-shirt'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">t-shirt</a> if the printer can do it justice........Of course I would ask for permission from you first.....??? That cool?

OH!!! The shirt would have the girl on the front, then the back would have the three modes of the vf-19.......Seriously though If you can't or won't redraw a full length one thas cool too, as I am commitied to this idea regardless.....Will post a pic of the finished product too......

edit: OHH!!! Could you have the missile bays open on the legs with mini missiles in there too....And some kinda funny warning to not mess with me, or don't cheat on me or somthing.......lol...:D

Edited by e_jacob77

Wow, those are great....   really like the Lightening twins and the Mustang girl.... and the one Japanese one that I cant read... far right on top.  Cool beans.

In my totally amateur, non-plane-buff, bassed on Oh My Goddess and Strikers 1945 opinion, the top right one is a Shinden.

I like the Hellcat, Corsair, and Tempest girls, personally.

I'd actually bet money it is supposed to be an Ohka:

http://www.combinedfleet.com/ijna/mxy7.htm

look at the dual vertical stabs, the bulbous nose, the color, the cherry blossom...the only thing that doesn't work well is the wings.

Edited by Phyrox