VF Girls

polidread

• 7 months later...

Yay, polidread is still alive!

A fairly epic old-thread bump, but I think boganrobotlightning beat you out, since he resurfaced a couple of threads 7 and 8 years old!

Last I saw from you was your Vajra-girl piece, which I thought was awesome. I hope that since you've bumped your own thread, you've got some new stuff coming down the pike?

an 8-month bumb isnt epic (it merely qualifies as thread dusting) though im happy to see it. looking for stuff on MW (regardless of othewr peps thoughts contrare...) is a B*tch.

is there anything on the chopping block you're working on Sir Poli?

• 2 weeks later...

hello everybody! i made a vector of the Macross 30th anniversary celebration logo:

fan made Macross 30th

fan_made_macross_30th_by_polidread-d4bfucn.jpg

...and maybe i'll put a Macross Girl to replace the SDF1 profile in that logo soon.

Macrossworld is free to use this on our website's front page, just tell me you'll be doing so :)

have fun with it!

Edited by polidread

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, there was a valk girl. That's what the thread's about. I can't believe you watched the whole thing through!

nah, just pissed off that i got a 3 day ban from DDO after i told the server , in terms of K-Mart shoppers, that the folks who summoned Air Elementals during the Mabar dragon raid were %$#ing retards (because Air Ellies gust-of-wind removes friendly AOE attacks, like Firewall, Cloudkill, etc). I'm sure others felt the same (just had more cool to NOT b*tch & moan about it) but the GMs didnt like that but *shrug* i'm Chaotic Good so &^%$ it.

and it wouldnt matter anyway since trying to run the event with the Lagtastic delay so large, you could cut several servings for the whole family and still be dead & booted from the instance before you were even aware, let alone be able to move, LOL.

and i still want my 5-mins back, just on principle alone. :p

nah, just pissed off that i got a 3 day ban from DDO after i told the server , in terms of K-Mart shoppers, that the folks who summoned Air Elementals during the Mabar dragon raid were %$#ing retards (because Air Ellies gust-of-wind removes friendly AOE attacks, like Firewall, Cloudkill, etc). I'm sure others felt the same (just had more cool to NOT b*tch & moan about it) but the GMs didnt like that but *shrug* i'm Chaotic Good so &^%$ it.

and it wouldnt matter anyway since trying to run the event with the Lagtastic delay so large, you could cut several servings for the whole family and still be dead & booted from the instance before you were even aware, let alone be able to move, LOL.

and i still want my 5-mins back, just on principle alone. :p

U MAD BRO? B))

U MAD BRO? B))

&^%$. you think? atm, no. too busy trying to keep my GF's oldest from utter destruction that 10-year olds tend to do when they are stupid... derp. LOL

anyway in a vain attempt to keep the thread on tract, Poly? ARE you working on something new, dear?

Edited by pensives_wetness

• 4 weeks later...

Actually it was. Though, I couldn't stop laughing at how the guys with cameras rushed her as soon as she came out from behind the podium with the full costume. :lol:

I have to admit this, I have a certain admiration for people who can actually do that sort of thing for a crowd. Makes me want to pick up my old instruments and go try to play on a streetcorner to see if I actually have the guts to do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Given the demise of the Macross Chronicles reissue, I thought it was time to resurrect this thread. The reprint was going to have an ongoing Valkyrie girl feature, with one new picture every 2-3 issues. I'm posting some pics of the ones that were released below. Sorry, no scanner, and cancelled or not, imo its too early to be posting scans of this publication anyway.

post-9325-0-05541000-1338113858_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-24365800-1338113865_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-46516500-1338113876_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-76076900-1338113886_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-24616400-1338113897_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I come back here every now and then to see if anything is going on. I probably will keep returning till I'm old and grey.

Big smiles to Poli and Bake (thanks for the tattoos), and everyone else who's come and gone over the years.

The older I get, the more sentimental I become about the escapism of my youth.

Any new art guys?

Given the demise of the Macross Chronicles reissue, I thought it was time to resurrect this thread. The reprint was going to have an ongoing Valkyrie girl feature, with one new picture every 2-3 issues. I'm posting some pics of the ones that were released below. Sorry, no scanner, and cancelled or not, imo its too early to be posting scans of this publication anyway.

attachicon.gifIMG_2013.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_2014.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2015.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_2017.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2019.jpg

Does anyone have the issue numbers these VF girls were shown in?

I come back here every now and then to see if anything is going on. I probably will keep returning till I'm old and grey.

Big smiles to Poli and Bake (thanks for the tattoos), and everyone else who's come and gone over the years.

The older I get, the more sentimental I become about the escapism of my youth.

Any new art guys?

I probably should put something together soon, although mine are never as good as the other guys... except for maybe the Petite Cola Girl. :lol:

i did a fairly decent Valk Girl illustration of Ayeka Masaki from the Anime OVA series "TENCHI MUYO!"

quite a few years ago, ink and colored pencil on heavy illustration board.

i'll have to dig it up and post it one of these days...

and here she is, not at all as decently done as i had thought i had remembered it;

MACROSSFANART-JOHNS-1-1-131.jpg

- and another, i had forgotten all about; this one dated 2001, and it really sucks ass;

MACROSSFANART-JOHNS-1-1-133.jpg

Edited by Shaorin