VF Girls

polidread

EDIT: imageshack ate my drawings, so i'll upload them directly here:

Another VFGirl! long overdue, but i hope you like.

post-2222-1229231544_thumb.jpg

and a variation for Macross World!

post-2222-1229231606_thumb.jpg

Although my linework and inking isnt as detailed as the other VFGirls,

in this one i paid more attention to the textures.

I added metallic grains on her armor to further differentiate

the textures between skin, cloth and metal.

Edited by polidread

Another VFGirl! long overdue, but i hope you like.

vfzerodeedy3.jpg

and a variation for Macross World!

welcometomacrossworldrv2.th.jpg

Although my linework and inking isnt as detailed as the other VFGirls,

in this one i paid more attention to the textures.

I added metallic grains on her armor to further differentiate

the textures between skin, cloth and metal.

This one ought to be a classic!

most likely he's doing the drawing in Illustrator, which is moving anchor points around to create shapes. You don't really need tremendous mouse control for that.

I love the way Polidread is starting to mix the stroke width to mimmick the look and feel of inking, gives a real good sense of depth and dimension.

It may be a bit redundant, but I'd love to see Mylene "wearing her valk". (I think it'd work better than most, since that valk is feminine to start with). Could use a lot more of the valk parts than other drawings. Heck, could even give Mylene the same "hair" and glasses as her valk... :)

welcometomacrossworldrv2.th.jpg

I wonder how much more time is Graham going to take to put this on the main page.

Polidread, your work is AMAZING, man! Any chance of seeing the old hand coluored Valkgirls remastered or anything? I'm still a fan of the Heartbreak Squadron VF-1, although she's a little bit to armoured for my taste :lol:

most likely he's doing the drawing in Illustrator, which is moving anchor points around to create shapes. You don't really need tremendous mouse control for that.

I love the way Polidread is starting to mix the stroke width to mimmick the look and feel of inking, gives a real good sense of depth and dimension.

I do use Adobe Illustrator, but not for the VFGirls - yet.

I mainly use photoshop for coloring these days, but i still pencil and ink them on paper

Thanks for taking note of my techniques.

Hopefully ive made a clean enough job of inking that made you mistake it for Illustrator art? :p

It may be a bit redundant, but I'd love to see Mylene "wearing her valk". (I think it'd work better than most, since that valk is feminine to start with). Could use a lot more of the valk parts than other drawings. Heck, could even give Mylene the same "hair" and glasses as her valk... :)

I wonder how much more time is Graham going to take to put this on the main page.

Polidread, your work is AMAZING, man! Any chance of seeing the old hand coluored Valkgirls remastered or anything? I'm still a fan of the Heartbreak Squadron VF-1, although she's a little bit to armoured for my taste :lol:

Oooh, the request list keeps on growing longer, i wish the other guys who used to draw VFGirls can come and pitch in :p

I am a very picky person when it comes to fan art, I bag on my best friends art and tell him "how much I like the red colors he uses" and I grimly say "if red is the color for failure", BUT from what I have been seeing YOU GUYS ARE FU@#$% GREAT, YOU GOT MY BLESSING

I think Polidread is one of the top artist on this site. Lots of Talent and such. Nice work on all of the stuff you have provided so far.

Thanks for the nice words, guys !

Polidread, do you do actual valks or just valk girls?

I can draw VFs too, it's just that the VFGirls are easier to draw & look more ridiculously fun.

Wow, great job on keeping those lines clean! The vf-171 girl i knew was a pen and paper job, but the vf-0 girl had kind of a wonky curl in her hair that just smacked of illustrator to me! Color me impressed. I would suggest mixing up the width of the outlines some more, like thinner on top and a heavy line on the bottom of an object, helps give the illusion of weight and dimension.

Oooh, the request list keeps on growing longer, i wish the other guys who used to draw VFGirls can come and pitch in :p

I can draw VFs too, it's just that the VFGirls are easier to draw & look more ridiculously fun.

Once I get settled into my new place/job, I may have to pull out my tablet and chip in a bit.. or maybe adapt a few of these to 3D. I've been wanting to get back into drawing by hand more, this would be a great start I think. ^_^ Just sooo many projects I keep coming up with for myself.

• 3 weeks later...
ummm... how about this one without the flames....

and guys, thanks for the comments about the Nightmare's colors, i thought it was too dark, but that was because i was using a different PC monitor screen, but that's fixed now.

If she's off-limits, why is she all bent over in that seductive pose? ;) Poli, your VF Girls are awesomeness. Keep it up, man!

• 3 weeks later...

It is just so inspiring looking at threads like this. I think Macross fans are more dedicated than any other fandom. Polidread's work is amazing: the attention to detail and technical ability is marvelous :)

But then again - I'm sure you were inspired by the Anime Spiritia that you've got contained in that bubble thingy there :)

Great job!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...