VF Girls

polidread

Uh, the where? can you share the links?

by the way, HEY! everybody look at what i have ...

7thtoycon003mds4.jpg

Praise must go to Ria and Hazel who tolerated the costume shoes (i werent able to make the best fit for them),

my Buddies who did the bruntwork on the paintjob, and you guys who suggested solutions for certain parts !

woof. im bushed coz we all just got home from the event, but i'll add more photos soon.

wayne2.jpg

WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!

That's the coolest thing I've seen in a very long time. Congratulations. The arms on the 21 are incredible! And one of the best details is actually just the bodysuit that the YF-19 model is wearing. The coloring brings the whole piece together.

Question: Are you gonna add any headgear to the costumes?

mike s 6 : Hazel and Ria arent models, they're cosplayers too.

one great thing about them wearing the suits, is they're close friends and are comfortable cosplaying with each other -

they almost automatically make their poses together. They're perfect to wear YF19 & 21 because of that.

dsc05744dj0.jpg

p6140254cy0.jpg

chillyche: i designed the suits to work visually with the armor. The point of this project is to make the YFs cute and girly

so i made an effort to keep the entire thing (armor, girl, and suit) compatible.

This was fortunate too, because some of the armor parts still arent finished but it still looks okay at this stage in construction.

I am going to make improvements and complete them both as close as possible to how i drew them in my fanart

(found in the earlier pages of this VFGirls thread)

Edited by polidread

I am going to make improvements and complete them both as close as possible to how i drew them in my fanart

(found in the earlier pages of this VFGirls thread)

By the way, I also loved your fanart. Awesome job, with the pencil, the computer, and the foam!

(The hands on the 22 are genius)

Polidread, nice work!

My only critique is that the suits don't fit your girls, i.e. too much coverage on their super petite frames.

ah, you mean the armor looks too huge on them?

it was my intention to recreate my fanart - which featured small girls in large armor.

(some of the guys did point that out in the drawings)

so i did my best to make lightweight but huge-looking armors for the girls to wear.

by the way, if some of you folks already saved the cosplay pictures ive shared, please do update your files - i edited the pictures and replaced them in my older posts.

(less eyebags and jpeg artifacts and such... :p )

ah, you mean the armor looks too huge on them?

No, armor is great, I see the effect you're trying to do. However, IMHO the body suits cover their bodies a little too much, especially around the hips and butt. They look like "grandma" swim suits, not very sexy. Know what I mean? ;)

Edited by J A Dare

No, armor is great, I see the effect you're trying to do. However, IMHO the body suits cover their bodies a little too much, especially around the hips and butt. They look like "grandma" swim suits, not very sexy. Know what I mean? ;)

But low-cut swim suits are in right? Only... they're two-piece B))

*jaw drops at his VF-25 Messiah Girl*

Ya know, Poli... i don't think i've complimented you on alll those V-gals, i've clip-arted in the past couple years...

i should correct that, RIGHT ABOUT..... Now? ^_^

Edited by pensives_wetness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:blink: Wow, awesome work Polidread, however I think Machida name is too macho for a VF-171 girl :huh:

i think 'Machida' is the pilot's name, but if you directly call the VFGirl "Machida" that's when she'll be upset

(maybe that's why she has an angry nerve on top of her head right there!)

Polidread you need to do (Mac F Ep21 SPOILER)

Klan as a Michael VF-25 FAST Pack girl

:lol:

Well...wouldnt that be redundant ? but lemme see what i can do about it :lol:

Awesome work. Are you going to be doing a front view one? Wish I can draw like that. What's your technique or secret??

Thanks ! my secret? i keep on practising, with some learning on the side.

Polidread you are brilliant!

hh first time i really seen the 171, coz i been dodging Mac F until i can view it good, it reminds me of the VF2JA from mac II.

Thanks ! a few more til the final episode airs and maybe you can start watching !

(im not sure what to really say, it took a VFGirl to finally force you to look at VF-171 ?! )

I meant of the VF girl, polidread.

Understood. im just teasing you. :p

and attached below is what im currently working on...

post-2222-1220201574_thumb.jpg

see you soon !

Edited by polidread

How would one with no skills go about learning to draw?

i started out copying my favorite cartoons and comicbooks (ninja turtles and Jim Lee-1990's era Xmen and then some Ranma :p yeah, i might be that old already ).

Eventually school made it mandatory for me to draw Real people - that's when i sort of learned real anatomy and tried out mixing real and cartoon anatomy to try and discover/find my own drawing style.

if you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll see how i improved my VFGirls style from way back in 2003/2004, when i was just coloring them with markers.