To anyone contacting me

glane21

my ...hell how does one say this...............you have my condolences and my support...I do not know you but I feel your pain......................your daughter and you are essential to one other don't ever forget that and never loose faith man, never

Greg,

I don't think you know me but I'm so saddened by your news. Try to be strong for your daughter. She still needs you. If there is any help I can offer please PM me. There is a whole in my heart too that has been there for 20 years and I can say this. Even though a part of you has now died a part of her is still alive in you and your daughter. Hold on to that love and in time it will help you put the pieces back together.

Please be strong and when you are weak lean on your friends,

Carl

Hi Greg,

just remember that you're not alone. You've got your daughter, friends and us. And please remember: every single breathe, every single smile of your daughter worths a life. Believe me, I know it.

Don't EVER surrender. NEVER. Do it for them: for your daughter, and for your wife. Make her be proud of you, man.

Manu

I was trying to complete a deal with Greg(Glane)and was surprised he was not posting,in the recent, which was unseemly,since I usually see his posts regularly. He, yesterday informed me of the loss and tears came to my eyes because I understand.It brought me back to the feelingI felt before.Its not a movie.I was,at one time long ago, so sensitve about mortality and didn't like to see anyone getting hurt or killed for alongtime during a part in my life.

My brother passed untimely .He was only 18 he was like a baby to me,he was my baby brother.He drowned in 1991.The thought of him before he passed asking for help haunted me for 3 years.All of the 90's was a blur for me .I think of the 90's as "the healing process".90's went away too fast ,but so slow also?

I should have went to counseling,I really wasn't prepared for the loss,nor in retrospect, was I equipt to deal with the pressure.The shock,or grieving as it were caused me to gloss over it and try to protect myself by forgetting.My memory wasn't too great.My relationships with people also waned.I recomend getting some help with tangible people(that is get out and talk to people in your situation,such as a grief group).Now its been 13 years since and time has slipped away.I think my route to healing was the long road.

Everyone has thier own tolorances,but no one is exempt from pain.We are not supermen ,Iam not superman.So get help when or if this happens to you, sooner than later.Please ,note that you have more at stake, your baby girl she will need you the next thirteen years and beyond and if you have nothing left to offer yourself you cant be relied on by others.I have treaded this ground.At first ,I was numb and stunted and when the clouds started to part I started move again.I hope you have support.If you need a friend we can talk ,I will call you .

I needed hope,I have reminded myself that we are energy and that we will never die.Everything we hold dear will come together again, it has no choice.We just cant easily fathom the unseen or aquire the possibilities with a clenched fist. My brothers presence/spirit will never dissapear, but is free now.When will we see them?I think real soon .As I have no controll, I must open up to the way ,I also, will see him when Iam free.Life is gods gift. we must maximize our light.Savour our gift .Cherish the gifts that are remaining. I probably mentioned too much but I feel so compelled.I am one of those who died inside for a while.

Edited by geecie30

Tracy died soon after a long fought civil war,

just after I'd wiped away her last tear

I guess she's better off than she was before,

A whole lot better off than the fools she left here

I used 2 cry 4 Tracy because she was my only friend

Those kind of cars don't pass u every day

I used 2 cry 4 Tracy because I wanted to see her again,

But sometimes sometimes life ain't always the way...

Sometimes it snows in April

Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad

Sometimes I wish life was never ending,

and all good things, they say, never last

Springtime was always my favorite time of year,

A time 4 lovers holding hands in the rain

Now springtime only reminds me of Tracy's tears

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain

SHe used 2 say so strong unafraid to die

Unafraid of the death that left me hypnotized

No, staring at her picture I realized

No one could cry the way my Tracy cried

Sometimes I feel so bad

Sometimes, sometimes I wish that life was never ending,

And all good things, they say, never last

I often dream of heaven and I know that Tracy's there

I know that she has found another friend

Maybe she's found the answer 2 all the April snow

Maybe one day I'll see my Tracy again

Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad

Sometimes I wish that life was never ending,

But all good things, they say, never last

All good things that say, never last

And love, it isn't love until it's past

Edited by geecie30

Dear Greg,

Man i'm really sorry to hear that this tragic event has occured! Just remember that your daughter needs you so stay strong. I know it's hard to keep your faith at times like this but that's all we really have. I truly hope the best for you and your family and offer my prayers and my deepest sympathy.

We are all here to support you so make sure to stay connected to your friends and loved ones.

Regards,

Gene

O, Greg, I'm so sorry.

Our local otaku leader here (owner of Anime Cafe) in WA just lost his wife too, only 30 yrs old, from an unforseen brain anurism, while he was deployed in Iraq as a reserve. Hadn't seen her in 6 months, and was called back just so he could do the funeral. Never saw it coming.

His gusto is gone now too, so he's letting go of his business of 15 years and re-enlisting full time cause he has nothing left for him here.

I know what you mean about if it weren't for your child you'd be gone a long time ago. (I dare not ever tell her, but I too would have been gone a long time ago had my daughter not depended on me). I'm there with you on that. But in time you will find more reason to live again.

I know what it's like to lose a loved one; it's almost as if your entire world as you've known it has disappeared, and in a way, a part of you on the inside dies with her, and it takes time to find a way to deal with the shock and eventually rebuild around that empty spot inside. You never can quite fill it back up the same, but you will be able to start again in a different way, a different life. I've been away from MW for 2 years for similar reasons, and I can understand how you too will have to disconnect from your usual interests and past times. Just remember to count on the people that are there for you when you come back, not just here, but in real life too. You'll need your friends and family now more than ever, and you will discover who your true friends and loved ones are, maybe even discover some you never knew you had. You'll be alright.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Greg. You've always been one of my favourite artists and MW friends, and I'm sure you can take comfort that many here do see you as a standup guy and wish you the best.

My prayers are with you and your family. Please take care of yourself.

Sincerely,

-Atto Madrid (aka Rosario)

Rosario and everyone,

Thank you for your posts. Everything Rosario said was exactly true. My wife had just turned 30 as well. Her pregnancy was difficult because she was diabetic. Things were just coming to normal with our baby, but Heather was going to need a kidney transplant due to the stress on her body from the pregnancy. But she never complained. If you've ever seen the movie Steel Magnolias, it's the same scenario. Her brother was going to give her one of his. She was driving home from a blood test when the accident happened. That is what breaks my heart the most is that she won't get to see her little girl, whom she sacrificed so much for, grow up. She was the kindest, strongest woman I have ever known. I knew I had a great woman but I never truly appreciated that until now.

Greg