Starship troopers Anime Powered suit kit

Hello, I hope I am posting this to the right section....

I have some questions about a kit for the Powered Suit for the anime version of starship troopers I recently won on ebay

Does anyone have an details on this kit loke images of it built, what weapons it comes with and maybe some images of it built.

If anyone is wondering what I am talking about I will attach and image of the box

Thanks in advance

mondamoto

post-26-1090338037.jpg

Actually, that suit is based off the book, not the anime, but it looks cool none the less.

Not exactly.

Essentiallly the same design has been used in several places, including one of the famous Daicon videos. In some cases (including some or all incarnations of the toy/model) it is only labeled "powered suit" without any reference to SST. Perhaps as a way of avoiding licensing/copyright issues. Look under 9/21/01 here: http://www.toyboxdx.com/rumble_archive/rum092101.html

Like a moth drawn to a flame, I'm drawn to discussion threads about power armour, et al...

When lo & behold look what I should find via a good ol' Google search for Uchuu no Senshi...

Holee F'N SHEEEAT!!! :blink:

Somebody FINALLY did it!!!

ORDER HERE: http://www.trooperpx.com/ForSale.html

Uchuu no Senshi Original Video Animation - Volumes 1 ~ 3, 1988, 50min. each

Here is your chance to own all six episodes of the Starship Troopers anime.  Consideded the most "accurate" and faithful retelling of Heinlein's masterpiece, it has it all.  This has been transferred from the original Laser Discs, stabilized, and recorded in XP-Mode onto DVD-Rs.  This is a three-disc set, identical to the LDs with two episodes on each.  Using the highest quality media, this transfer looks as good as the LDs.  This is considered a Region-1 disc, and will play in *most* DVD players, almost *all* of the newer DVD players... purchased in the last few years, and will play in *any* machine that lists DVD-R as a featured format.  A must for every fan of Starship Troopers and Powered Suits!!  Thank you again for your consideration, and for keeping SST alive.  [> $25 + Shipping <]

I'm a big fan of Ma.K./SF3D and power suits in general, and got the super-rare Nutrocker video from TROOPERPX some time ago offa eBay. It was an A+, stabilized transfer from VHS to DVD-R... I can only imagine what a great transfer these'd be comin' right off of a Laser Disc source!!!

Well, I'm off to order these badboys!!! :D

Like a moth drawn to a flame, I'm drawn to discussion threads about power armour, et al...

When lo & behold look what I should find via a good ol' Google search for Uchuu no Senshi...

Holee F'N SHEEEAT!!! :blink:

Somebody FINALLY did it!!!

ORDER HERE: http://www.trooperpx.com/ForSale.html

Uchuu no Senshi Original Video Animation - Volumes 1 ~ 3, 1988, 50min. each

Here is your chance to own all six episodes of the Starship Troopers anime.  Consideded the most "accurate" and faithful retelling of Heinlein's masterpiece, it has it all.  This has been transferred from the original Laser Discs, stabilized, and recorded in XP-Mode onto DVD-Rs.  This is a three-disc set, identical to the LDs with two episodes on each.  Using the highest quality media, this transfer looks as good as the LDs.  This is considered a Region-1 disc, and will play in *most* DVD players, almost *all* of the newer DVD players... purchased in the last few years, and will play in *any* machine that lists DVD-R as a featured format.  A must for every fan of Starship Troopers and Powered Suits!!  Thank you again for your consideration, and for keeping SST alive.  [> $25 + Shipping <]

I'm a big fan of Ma.K./SF3D and power suits in general, and got the super-rare Nutrocker video from TROOPERPX some time ago offa eBay. It was an A+, stabilized transfer from VHS to DVD-R... I can only imagine what a great transfer these'd be comin' right off of a Laser Disc source!!!

Well, I'm off to order these badboys!!! :D

let us know what's the quality of the videos when you get them....

Those guys in the loin cloth are the skinnies. The former allies of the bugs. In the American CGI cartoon the skinnies were under the control of "mini" brain bugs. In the books? Well I forgot but still. But I do remember that the Troopers went and wrecked havock on the Skinnies homes and burned the whole lot down. So probably the skinnies were told to bugger off if they didn't want to die.

In the book the Skinnies are only mentioned firsthand in the beginning, in which the M.I. is sent in for a quick raid to "put the fear of Humans" into a Skinny colony and force them once and for all to stop collaborating with the Bugs.

Skinnies are your traditional humanoid alien, while the Bugs are supposed to be something very familiar, yet completely different.

this is alot of extremely intresting info in this thread. i had no idea starship troopers was so old. and while i had heard the movie was nothing like the book, i had no idea to what extent that implyed.

wow

I suck.

I just realised how similar the shoulder weapon is to the Strike FASTpack. It only took me about 10 years!!!

:lol:

KingNor- Have you read the book yet? It's one of my faves.

the only other starship troopers thing i've seen since the movie is the first 10 minutes of the bafflingly bad second movie.

i'm really intrested in this anime version, wich is "the best interpitation of the books" sounds cool.

I've had the anime on VCD for about 5 years, no English subs though :( I actually first watched it on rental LD about 12 years ago.

The Powered Suit designs are gorgeous (of course as they are by Studio Nue) and the anime sticks fairly closely to the book. However, there are no Skinnies, Johnny is blond and the bugs are not really bugs, but wierd, energy spewing beings.

Also, apart from a few training scenes there is not much combat, except for the last episode. It's worth watching just to see the action in the final episode though.

Graham

I just realised how similar the shoulder weapon is to the Strike FASTpack. It only took me about 10 years!!!

The shoulder weapon, actually predates the design of the Strike Valk cannon by 5 years.

On the blister packing of the US version of the Kaiyodo Powered Suit action figure toy, the shoulder weapon is described thus: "Rail Gun Launcher discharges missiles using magnetism, and smashes enemy fortresses". :lol:

Graham

Nice pics, Mechmaster. Where'd you find them? Especially the diorama with the bugs.

That diorama is from an old issue of Hobby Japan. I used to have that issue, but unfortunately, no longer keep it as due to space limitations I only save the Macross pages from my hobby magazines these days and junk the rest of the magazine.

Graham

Nice pics, Mechmaster. Where'd you find them? Especially the diorama with the bugs.

That diorama is from an old issue of Hobby Japan. I used to have that issue, but unfortunately, no longer keep it as due to space limitations I only save the Macross pages from my hobby magazines these days and junk the rest of the magazine.

Graham

Graham is right, Hobby Japan, November 2001.

I have every issue complete since January 1993, but as they are not indexed I usually can't find things when I want them, this time I was lucky as I had been leafing through that particular issue just a few days ago (looking for something else which I still haven't found :lol: )

I have that Hobby Japan issue with the diorama too!!! I'll haveta dig it out...

Anyhow, on another note...

I received the Starship Troopers/ Uchuu no Senshi DVDs a few days ago, and they're a perfect rip of the laser discs! Obviously, this means it's in Japanese w/ no English subtitles, but the video & sound quality are A-1 perfection. They're a must-have for folks that have been searching for this series.

Definitly not action packed, but well done. The aliens are weird and not so literally insect-like as in the live action movie (which is not a bad thing, IMO; I just saw that turd on cable the other day and it pissed me off all over again.. crap tactics, sh*tty acting, etc.). This series is much closer to the original Heinlen story. The animation/ look kinda reminds me alot of MADOX-01.

Buy here... http://www.trooperpx.com/ForSale.html

• 6 months later...

I got this in the mail a couple days ago from HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVPS-01

The kit is 1/12, which is WAY bigger than the Kaiyodo figure's 1/20 scale.

(Yes I already have it.) It is ultra sweet! The articulation on the armor is

MG-Gundam/Patlabor good. All the fingers can be posed and the thumbs are

on ball joints. Also it has polycaps that are OD green like the rest of the kit.

It does need actual glue use (Gundam has me way spoiled) and some painting

to do it justice. Anybody else gotten this sucker?

You know that LA movie looks really interesting....reminds me of some movie I saw about a year or two ago that used alot of models for the mecha action...wish I could remember the title....It was japanese...but the main character was an american...and it was sorta an apocolyptic future....and one of the squadmates gets killed and turned into a machine...and the other squad mate rebuilds one of the mecha to fight a giant tank while the american girl I think was rescueing a hostage or something.....

• 3 years later...