1/48 custom BR "desert camo"

Jung

Man, that is just so perfect. Yamato needs to hire you for paint-variant prototypes!

I know it would be a lot of work, but maybe you could do a 1/48 customization step-by-step guide one of these days. It would be invaluable.

It's customs like yours that continue to keep me excited about Macross. Incredibly great work there. Just....wow.

Wow, that is a great scheme on that 1S.

That valk is really unique and fantastic! Any chance you can describe the process you use to mask the camo? How do you get the hexagons to stay uniform?

Since the camo is 3 colours (khaki, grey and sand(main colour). I first painted the pieces completely with khaki. Than I mask off the areas where I want to preserve the khaki colour. Than I paint grey, and than masking the areas where I want to preserve the grey colour. Than finllay the sand colour.

Check this thread to see how I did the hex stickers:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=7037&hl=blue

the pattern is not perfect, since I wasn't using a grid, so some areas had to be "fixed" when two colours meet.

Thanks for the link to your other thread. I must've missed that one.

I'm going to try out that technique on a AV-6B model I'm building. :blink:

Once again I say Awesome job on these customs!

You've got some serious talent!

Jung,

You're like a fine wine. You get better with age. Not that I'm implying your old or anything like that, but you always seem to outdo your last accomplishment.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))