GRAHAM!

Lt. Adamovic

All ridicule asside, as I understand it, Graham is no longer as "in" with the Yamato folks as he used to be, so isn't privy to the same kind of info anymore. Something about crashing the Yamato president's Ferrari. ;)

I doubt the 1/48 line is dead. We'll likely see a 1/48 CF or a reissue of the DYRL 1S maybe? I pray for no more 1A's.

ha... I was just kidding Lt.

I think everyone is sick for the days where we use to get all the yummy details from the G-man... hopefully they let him play with the stuff again.

Next time Graham, makes sure she's a virgin before you sacrifice her... now you upset them!!!

Majestic thanx for the info i didn't know that....I'm sure that the 1/48 line is way from dead, because hey we are ready to let our green loose so they won't fail to notice that :lol: I'm certain that the CF is coming and they'll probably reissue Skull One too. Whqt I'm really holding my breath for is GBP...that would be just awsome

oh and Exo which rock are you hiding under?

cool down mate, I was obviously not present to learn this info sooner so no reason for any smart a.s comments ;)

Oh and Graham if I offended you in any way by my lack of proper information please accept my appologies :unsure:

lol, I guess you were typing your response when I wrote I was kidding... :p

No prob dude...

I for one am cringing at the thought that they would stop production on the 1/48s... I'm getting flashbacks from Bandai and the 80's...

please make more 1/55s!!!

Being a NewB - hey i'm from Europe, Macross is only a word with a definite surplus of "S"-s around here, and I doubt if many people remeber Robotech - ,what' s with this hord of people wantiong Bandai to make the 1/55 ? I mean I really try, but I don't understand, they are plain inferior to Yamato - ok i understand that 1/48 are not cheap but there are the 1/60 too.....Explanation plaese :blink:

I'm tellin you guys... I think the 1/48 line is pretty much over. I sincerely hope it is anyway, I'm ready for them to move on to other things. If they had another variant in the works for any time soon, they would've mentioned it by now.

Edited by Skull Leader

Graham, why do they not talk to you anymore?

just kuz they choose not to for very NEFARIOUS EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL REASONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

yamato does not want you it wants your money! and they tell me your money they likey!!!!!

actually i dont think anyone really knows.

I'm tellin you guys... I think the 1/48 line is pretty much over. I sincerely hope it is anyway, I'm ready for them to move on to other things. If they had another variant in the works for any time soon, they would've mentioned it by now.

I hope they're not done JUST yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a GBP Armor for Hikaru's lonely VF-1J. :(

I also doubt they're done milking the VF-1 mold for all it's worth.

Off topic but Graham related....

I was just wondering if there are other Jap sites dedicated to Macross as fervently as MW. And probably see some Jap customs of 1/48s.

ah,graham,you DID remember to remove your shoes when you visited the ceo of yamato's house for dinner right?? :lol::p .sorry man,couldn't resist.

i've noticed lately how many other toys yamato makes besides valks.i think they are just busy & will get around to something new for the valkyholics later.i bought a "love hina" figure the other day from suncoast w/ yamato's logo on it.i was un-aware they made figures. :huh:

Edited by valkyrietestpilot

ah,graham,you DID remember to remove your shoes when you visited the ceo of yamato's house for dinner right?? :lol::p .sorry man,couldn't resist.

i've noticed lately how many other toys yamato makes besides valks.i think they are just busy & will get around to something new for the valkyholics later.i bought a "love hina" figure the other day from suncoast w/ yamato's logo on it.i was un-aware they made figures. :huh:

Yamato makes a huge range of figures from many different animes.

Graham

I`m not sure of the exact reason Yamato is not talking to Graham, but I do have a strong inkling that Yamato does not like the Macrossworld forums.

Many of the employees lurk here because they like the fan customs, but the upper management dispises the negative threads and the bad publicity generated by them.

Do not expect any official news about Yamato releases on this forum. Asking and speculating only makes them more upset.

I`m not sure of the exact reason Yamato is not talking to Graham, but I do have a strong inkling that Yamato does not like the Macrossworld forums.

Many of the employees lurk here because they like the fan customs, but the upper management dispises the negative threads and the bad publicity generated by them.

Do not expect any official news about Yamato releases on this forum. Asking and speculating only makes them more upset.

I've got a feeling Yamato doesn't trust MW any more either. But, it's not for those reasons.

makes sense... when yamato was breaking into the macross fan base, they wanted to appeal to the hardcore fans, build up interest... now that they've established themselves pretty well, they probably want to control the information that is released... stuff like what toy is next, release dates... stuff like that.

kinda sad, but oh well... as long as they make good stuff I will pay for it...

I've got a feeling Yamato doesn't trust MW any more either. But, it's not for those reasons.

scand is defintely right. yamato gets mopney regardless of whether this site exists or NOT. Fanbase in japan was enough for them to even restart the seemingly dead toy license and look what happened. They are going towards the japanese market, not us. We just happen to be kind of the sole source for info ever since valkyrie scramble's admin left to become a father. Yamato could care less what we say negative or not.

"Boss desu, many fans want to know more info!"

Yamato higher up"who cares? let' em be surprised"

"boss they are complaining!"

Yh"you see that money bag there? where do you think THAT came from? "

Though yes this site is an important meeting point for macross fans all over don't ever think it is that influential to yamato. I hate to say it but the truth is the yen speaks more than we will ever do, and we been kept in the dark since what a year now? And during that year did you hear yamato get pissed about how we complain? NOPE! they simply kept going regardless of whether we bitched or not.

So point is, Yamato don't care what we say and how we bitch. THey care for the YEN. And the YEN they get regardless of whether we bitch or not. It is true.

I think eugimon and scand are correct.

Hi all!

Well, as (I think) all of you, I feel deeply disappointed with Yamato's attitude, but not with us, but for Graham.

I mean: I can understand that they have been growing, they came to MW in a very, very polite way (i think, please correct me if I'm wrong), and they received (and I'm pretty sure they already do) our feedback. As a payback, they let us know some privileged information through Graham, who never revealed critical information to anyone, even though we have summited G-man to all kind of tortures ever imaginated by the... forums(?). He's also been very kind to Yamato.

But I guess there are two different problems here: the first one, us; during the past years, this forum has been a privileged Yamato information source, mainly to G-man and Yamato's good relations. We had G's reviews, critics... The expectation was always high, and that was a good sensation, which kept us glued to the forums day after day. But folks, those days are over, and now WE are the ones who have to lurk the web to get those little pills of information. Yep, things have changed a little bit the soul of the forums, and I think everyone is disappointed with that. But we have two chances: accept it or not, but we have to assume that many things will have to change to return to old gold MW age.

And the second problem, which really makes me angry: Yamato's attitude with Graham. I would calify it as miseducation, since G deserves more respect than what he has received. That's what I see: you are a company dedicated to the 'glorious' art of making toys, and you have found a source of information that can help you. You contact him, and establish a colaborative relationship. You give him samples, receive feedback, suggestions... (remember that this is priceless!!) and sometime, for no reason, cut that relationship. It's really frustrating, for G, and for a huge fan community (but that's the first problem).

Well, it seems Yamato is not our kind friend anymore. What a pity.

Manu