Anyone have a $!@ problem with Canadian Customs?

soze

No, I've always been around, just never pissed enough to post

LOL!

Its all good with me... Canadians want to throw Michael Moore in Jail so I love em!

To add injury to insult, Customs then CHARGES you about 10-15 dollars for their "handling" fee - so you have to pay them to have your package delayed, rifled through, and taxed.

er no its $5 flat which is amazingly cheap compared to FedEx, UPS, etc.

Tax is not the fault of customs but the government that we choose to elect.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread guys. Anyway status is... I refunded the other guy his money. Purolator says Canadian Customs supposed to send me back the stuff I shipped...... 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!

How long does it take for Canadian Customs to ship back something they refused to let through? Or do they just keep it and snicker?

Well, I think I can out-do you all. I bought 2 books from Major Tom, and he shipped them on June 15, by USPS Express. It is now August 16, and apparently, the package is supposedly being returned to him, because some customs papers were missing. The package has sat at some customs office for 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::unsure::blink::(:ph34r:

Well, I think I can out-do you all. I bought 2 books from Major Tom, and he shipped them on June 15, by USPS Express. It is now August 16, and apparently, the package is supposedly being returned to him, because some customs papers were missing. The package has sat at some customs office for 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::unsure::blink::(:ph34r:

Sh*T.... I guess it doesn't look good for me. $$$ down the drain. On top of that I can't claim insurance, because USPS says that Customs actually received it, so it's technically not lost.

I've come to the conclusion that customs everywhere (except for the US, we don't seem to care) is horrible.

That being said, the USPS is just horrible. Anything to continental Europe takes forever. 2+ weeks to Italy (EMS). But this is the best. Something I sold on ebay and had it shipped (strangely the guy didn't e-mail any questions about it so I just assumed customs didn't update it), although the guy paid for EMS (they say 3-5 days).

Your item arrived at the delivery Post Office in FRANCE at 7:34 pm on August 11, 2004. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:

AT FOREIGN DELIVERY UNIT, FRANCE, August 11, 2004, 8:07 am

INTO FOREIGN CUSTOMS, GERMANY, July 20, 2004, 11:38 am

ARRIVED ABROAD, FRANCE, July 19, 2004, 2:49 pm

ARRIVED ABROAD, GERMANY, July 16, 2004, 9:13 pm

INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC, July 13, 2004, 11:38 am

ENROUTE, July 12, 2004, 11:04 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60688

ENROUTE, July 12, 2004, 6:42 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60657

ACCEPTANCE, July 12, 2004, 5:47 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60657

Well, good news!!!!!! My package was eventually returned to Major Tom, and apparently in great unopened condition. :D He has now reshipped it, via another method. I'm really hopeing for better luck this time around. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Final Update.

USPS International Customer Service, the one that contacted Canadian Customs for my package gave me the official word today.

Canadian Customs has LOST the package. <_<

More like their customs has STOLEN the package.

Anyway, at least now I can claim insurance since it's officially lost now.

Never shipping there again... never.