Best Display Case for Aircraft models?

JLYC

After looking for my camera cable for 3 days I finally found it!! Here are some quick pics. Technically the model is not completely finished yet because I haven't added the missiles or decals for the bottom of the plane.

This has got to be the model that I've spent the most time on after a long drought of not making models for almost 10 years. The posts and works here are really inspiring!! Of course I'm a real novice so I hope it's ok to show my work here. (compared with the ones mwcheng and superostrich (i think he's the one who also made one), my yukikaze looks pretty amateur). After watching Yukikaze I just loved the Supersylph so I immediately ordered the kit to make during my summer holiday.

I don't have an airbrush, so I did all the painting by hand except the grey of the plane, which is actually just the primer. It came by accident because I thought the primer grey actually looked quite good, and I'll probably do a worse job if I repaint the grey by hand. It's hard to do the camouflage shading without an airbrush, so I just used a fine point marker to do the panel lines and smudge it to do the weathered look. For the bottom of the plane I used a pencil for panel lines and weathering. I really ought to try washes and experiment with different medium, but since I don't really have much time to do models I just don't want to invest the $$ at this point. just using the brush is very furstrating sometimes though when you're trying to make an even surface. It's also very hard to mask surfaces because it tends to bleed more when using a brush than spraying paint from top.

I still haven't decided to make it as landing mode or flying mode with TARPS extended out. Any suggestions??

yukitop.jpgyukislant.jpgyukibottom.jpgyukifly.jpg