VFX-2 Cg Galleries

hellohikaru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!

If anyone could help me a bit, I'd appreciate it. I'm using ePSXe and I'm having speed issues with the game. It keeps slowing down, speeding up, and slowing down. I limited the framerate to 50 in the video plugin, but the game is unplayable right now. Any hints or suggestions as to what plugins to use?

Currently:

Win98SE

Duron 800

Geforce GTS, 32MB

256MB

ePSXe

Pete's D3D plugin (old version, not the new one that's requires a high end system)

Eternal Sound Plugin

Is my system just to slow to handle this? Thanks!

Kyu

Wes,

Thanks, took your advice and started from fastest with only 16 bit color. Worked smoother, but boy did it look crappy. I think it's also a trade off between video and sound. Using an IWILL KK266 with onboard sound, so I'm playing around with living with some stuttering sound and some slowdowns at time with the games. I guess I just found it hard to believe that an 800 MHz proc and geforce card couldn't keep up with a PS1 type of game. I guess it's all in the emulater coding.

Like I said, I still get some slow-downs, but at least it's livable for now. Thanks!

Kyu