Gundam SEED Destiny (aka. SEED 2)

ogami

2004070601.jpg

2004070602.jpg

2004070603.jpg

(all these pics are posted at www.gaforum.org by somebody)

The Gundam in the pic is Impluse Gundam.

SEED DESTINY

人の闘争に終焉はない。――人の中に妄執と憎悪がある限り。

和解はつかの間に過ぎなかった

地上の人も宇宙の民も、結局お互いを許容する事が出来ない

Gの名をもつMSが再び建造され、

新たなる戦旗として振りかざされ、

運命は暁へと再び回り出す

キラ・ヤマトは涙とともに姿を消して久しい

アスラン・ザラとカガリ・ユラは政治に絡み取られて砂を噛み続けている。

そして、

ザフトの新時代を担うシン・アスカは、

幸いをもたらす光の御子とは限らない

憎悪と盲従とを体内に宿す、紅の射手として台頭して行くのだろうか

そう、新たな物語は、更なる闘争の物語

敵と戦う

みずからを衝撃の鉄球と化し、一てきを与える

撃つべき相手を断固として撃つ、鉄火の意志の物語だ

その果てに、新たな未来が開けているのか、

人類の終焉が待っているのか。それはまだ、誰も知らない。

時は流れ、人も流れ着く。あるものはしかるべき場所に、

あるものは望まぬ場所に。流転とはさだめの異名。

C.E73年。前作の大戦から約2年が経過している。

パトリック・ザラ亡きあと、プラントを導く事になったのは、

穏やかなる新議長、ギルバート・デュランダル。

そしてアスランの退役後、ザフトのトップガンとなったのは

オーブ生まれのシン・アスカ少年。

その眼差しに憂いがあるのは、家族を先の戦争で失い、

ひとりぼっちであるからだろうか。

彼の身の上は「戦争の悲劇」そのものだ。その彼が、

ザフトに参加し、会えて戦場に出ようとする動機はなにか?

復讐? 使命? それはまだ、わからない。

一方アスラン・ザラはオーブに身を置き、今はカガリとともにある。

カガリのみを守ってやりたいという重いと、世界のために奔走したいという

使命感を同時に抱いて煩悶はやまない。

ザフトに身を投じた男とザフトを捨てた男。

2人の道の交錯する所から、この物語は始まる。

シン・アスカ

主人公。オーブ生まれのコーディ。CE71のオーブ侵攻で両親と妹を失い、

プラントにわたってザフトに入隊。デュランダルに見いだされて

インパルスガンダムの搭乗者となる。赤服を身にまとうスゴ腕。16才

ルナマリア・ホーク

インパルスの母艦となる戦艦ミネルバのクルー。

シン同様、赤を着るエリートパイロット。何となくフレイ似

アスラン・ザラ

現在18才。ザフトを退役し、オーブに亡命。本名を伏せ、別名を名乗って

カガリの私的ボディガードをつとめる。デュランダルとカガリの極秘会談に随行するため

プラントにわたりそこでシン等と面識を得ることになる。

ギルバート・デュランダル

ユニウス条約(停戦条約)を締結した臨時評議会の後任として

プラント最高評議会議長となった人物。クライン派の思想を

踏襲した政治をすすめており一般市民からの信頼もあつい。

ナチュラルとの融和の道を模索してる。今のところ善人そう

ZGMF-56S インパルスガンダム

ザフト製の最新ガンダム。動力は核ではなくバッテリー。

母艦からの遠距離エネルギー供給を受けられるため、PS装甲を長時間稼働できる。

コクピット部が戦闘機コアスプレンダーに変形し、上体、下半身と三体合体する。

またインパルスは、ストライクのように3種の追加兵装「シルエット」を装備することで

多彩な状況に対応できる。前作のエール状態は フォースインパルスガンダムと呼ばれる。

Here's Gunota's summary/translation: ;)

C.E. 73. 2 years have gone by since the war ended. Gilbert Durandal leads ZAFT after the death of Patrick Zala. An Orb-born Coordinator, Shin Asuka, becomes the newest topgun of ZAFT after Athrun's departure. His eyes reflects sorrow perhaps because he is lonely and lost his family. He himself represents the "War's Tragedy". Why did he join ZAFT and participate in the battlefield? Revenge? A mission? No one knows. Meanwhile, Athrun is part of Orb and right beside Cagalli. He worries both about the heavy burden of protecting Cagalli and the feeling to do something about the world.

One who joined ZAFT and one who left. The story begins when the two cross.

Shin Asuka - Protagonist. A Coordinator born in Orb. After losing his parents and younger sister during the Orb invasion of C.E. 71, he moved to PLANT and enlisted in ZAFT. Durandal finds him and he becomes a pilot of the Impulse Gundam. Very talented 16-year-old pilot. Wears the red uniform meaning he belonged in the top class of his military cadet school.

Lunamaria Hawk - A crew member of the battleship Minerva, which becomes the mothership of the Impulse. Wears the red uniform, elite pilot uniform identical to Shin's.

Athrun Zala - Now 18-years-old. Retired from ZAFT and defected to Orb. Doesn't use his real name, going by a pseudonym instead and serves as Cagalli's personal bodyguard. He was able to make acquaintance with Shin and others when he attended the secret conference between Cagalli and Durandal at PLANT.

Gilbert Durandal - After signing the Treaty of Junius (the Armistice Treaty) as the successor of the Temporary Council, he becomes the Supreme Chairman of the Council. He pushes forward with Clyne's political ideals and is deeply trusted by the common people. Currently seeking reconciliation with the Naturals.

ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam - ZAFT's newest Gundam. Relies on batteries instead of nuclear power. Since its energy can be replenished from a long distance by its mothership, the PS (Phase Shift) armor can operate a lot longer. The cockpit area can transformed into a fighter called the Core Splender. The Impulse can be broken up into 3 separate units. Like the Strike Gundam, the Impulse can be further equipped with 3 different packs (or mode). It is called the Force Impulse Gundam (ZGMF-X56S/α) when it's in the aile-mode.

The Impulse appears to have Victory Gundam tendencies.....hmmmm

hmmmm...who's the cute chick?

Seed destiny...bah

Slightly off topic, I remembered reading an article about another mecha anime which had EXACTLY the same character designs as SEED. It was weird cause its like the characters are actors acting in 2 different shows. Anyway suffice to say that show had the same char designer as SEED who also did Scryed. Just can't remember the name of that show.

Slightly off topic, I remembered reading an article about another mecha anime which had EXACTLY the same character designs as SEED. It was weird cause its like the characters are actors acting in 2 different shows. Anyway suffice to say that show had the same char designer as SEED who also did Scryed. Just can't remember the name of that show.

Shows which had their characters designed by Hirashi Hirai (Infinite Ryvius, Scryed, Gundam SEED, Soukyuu no Fafner) all pretty much look the same.

His designs are distinctive and I like them, but his range isn't great. Not that it should matter that much, Leiji Matsumoto's designs have looked all alike for decades.

Shows which had their characters designed by Hirashi Hirai (Infinite Ryvius, Scryed, Gundam SEED, Soukyuu no Fafner) all pretty much look the same.

His designs are distinctive and I like them, but his range isn't great. Not that it should matter that much, Leiji Matsumoto's designs have looked all alike for decades.

But for this particular anime (i'll find out what it is later), they look EXACTLY alike. Like there's kira, there's ahtrun, there's freya etc. Not sure if it was intentional though. Its kinda new.

not to bomb on the man or anything but...Okawara needs to step down as the lead design guy. His designs aren't as "fresh" as they use to be...honestly, it looks like he just slapped parts from other gundams to put that together...I really wish Katoki or some new guys would design some MS's for the series

with all that put aside...I think this series is promising...hopefully it's something totally new and unexpected like the first SEED series

BTW...am I the only one who think's the new guy looks like a clone of Athran? :blink:

Snore...boring. It's F-91 over again. Strike was revolutionary in that it was full of straight lines and strong angles. Now it's back to fancy Gundams with too much detail, rounded appendages, and bling bling all over. Much too much like Wing.

So Athrun's there but where is Kira?

Sigh, I wish they went the Zeta route and introduced some sort of revolutionary non-conformist Gundam model (without mouth vents) that had a wave rider mode :-)

Sigh...

I really don't like Kunio Okawara. Get Kazumi Fujita or Hajime Katoki!

Edited by ComicKaze

not to bomb on the man or anything but...Okawara needs to step down as the lead design guy. His designs aren't as "fresh" as they use to be...honestly, it looks like he just slapped parts from other gundams to put that together...I really wish Katoki or some new guys would design some MS's for the series

BTW...am I the only one who think's the new guy looks like a clone of Athran? :blink:

If you look at Impulse really hard....You can tell what parts of Freedom and Strike were used to make Impulse.

Unfortunately, if the summary reads true, it's only been 2 years. You can only alter a design so much for 2 years. And the new kid looks like Kira and Athrun mixed together.

The new girl is a mix of the girls from Seed.

I'm still looking forward to it. Only 2 years ahead means they can pick up some of the plot dangles that Seed left over easily. Way too early to judge the series plot from just the couple paragraphs here, so no reason to bash it as a F-91 clone already. Just because they don't mention Kira yet doesn't mean anything. All this is is the preliminary info. Covers a piece of the first episode. Don't even know who the bad guys are though yet, though you can probably guess blue cosmos will ahve a hand in it somewhere I'm sure.

Let's see what combinations a 3-part mobile suit and weapon packs can come up with. Not bad for the first design out the door so far, too curvy though IMO for the Impulse. I like and miss Strike's angular look as well. I want to see some of the other suits, and the Impulse's packs. Bets on wether an IWSP variant makes it? ;)

More info will trickle out now as it gets nearer, can't wait.

I do have to say SEED Destiny sounds kind of like saying ATM machine though.

Superior Evolutionary Element Destined factor

If you look at Impulse really hard....You can tell what parts of Freedom and Strike were used to make Impulse.

I was gonna say that...but I thought it was just me (I guess not)

I'm more interested in a new UC gundam series. I want to see one of those cool side-stories finally make it to animation like Gundam Sentinal :rolleyes: and a bunch of others which I can't remember off the top of my head :p

BTW...Why not have a series based on the Astray Gundams? I mean the Red Frame makes an appearance in the SEED's starting and all.

I guess it's all wishful thinking for now :(

Somehow I FEEL that their manga and novel side stories have always remained out of animation and its a good move. Somehow i feel now if they start changing this trend by adopting it into anime.....it probably will suck badly.

Not too found of that suit, though it's more for it's affiliation than design, looks too much like it would be an Alliance suit. I wish they had some design destinction between the Alliance and ZAFT Gundams. Like how the Zeon suits look nothing like the Federation's.

To me that thing looks like somthing between the 105 Dagger and the Strike. That design should have been used as an Alliance or Orb suit.

Any word on a new GAT-X suit?

Edited by Druna Skass

I concur...

and really, battery operated gundam?

Actually, I thought all the MS in SEED were battery operated, something to do with one side or the other having some sort of gizmo that prevents nuclear powerplants from working? I dunno, I gave up on SEED about half way through, once they started introducing MS with names like 'Calamity Gundam'.

And I swear Okawara doesn't really design new MS any more. I bet he's rigged up a software that randomly selects parts from all the MS he's designed in the past quarter of a century and throws them together. Sort of a 'shake-n-bake' MS generator if you will :p

Graham

ah, of course... an anti nuclear power device... like those particles that block out everything...

why don't they just make a sensor that targets the particles?

Gundam just kinda became an animated version of the: oh yeah? game to me...you know.. the one where someone says something, then some counters with an, "oh yeah?" and tries to top em?

I concur...

and really, battery operated gundam?

Actually, I thought all the MS in SEED were battery operated, something to do with one side or the other having some sort of gizmo that prevents nuclear powerplants from working? I dunno, I gave up on SEED about half way through, once they started introducing MS with names like 'Calamity Gundam'.

Its called an N-Jammer. Later in the show, they have an N-Jammer-Canceller. :lol:

So they create 2 Gundams that use Nuclear energy which is basically perpetual (compared to the usual batteries). That's when the Feds stole the N-J-Canceller and started making Nukes again to restart their nuke war against the coordinators.

With that new "transfer energy from a ship" feature in Gundam Impulse, it sounds abit like Nadesico, don't u think? Actually...is it really possible to transfer energy "wirelessly" ???

Hmmm if the new serie is Gundam Seed Destiny, what about Gundam Seed MSV ???

I like blue Astray second L do :p

Its supposedly just a toy line, and they strapped some kinda story for them toys. I have no idea what those charts mean though. I am interested in the Astray progression pictures though. Any big ones?

Its called an N-Jammer. Later in the show, they have an N-Jammer-Canceller. :lol:

So they create 2 Gundams that use Nuclear energy which is basically perpetual (compared to the usual batteries). That's when the Feds stole the N-J-Canceller and started making Nukes again to restart their nuke war against the coordinators.

With that new "transfer energy from a ship" feature in Gundam Impulse, it sounds abit like Nadesico, don't u think? Actually...is it really possible to transfer energy "wirelessly" ???

Ah, thanks for clearing that up...

and yeah, you can transmit energry wirelessly... some researchers, for instance, want to put solar power generators on the light side of the moon, and then beam down energy in the form of microwaves to the earth surface where collectors would use energy to produce steam, drive turbines, produce electricity... you can imagine the howls of protest and laughter when the idea was brought up.

Anyways, you can do it.. you would need line of sight and time to transmit any sizable amount of power and it would be pretty devestating if someone were caught in the line of transmission... and i think pretty dangerous for the receiver as well, since falling out of alignment would mean you're subjecting yourself to huge amounts of energy (in whatever form they're sending it)

And I swear Okawara doesn't really design new MS any more. I bet he's rigged up a software that randomly selects parts from all the MS he's designed in the past quarter of a century and throws them together. Sort of a 'shake-n-bake' MS generator if you will :p

LOL. The exact same thought occurred to me. It would certainly go far in explaining his designs of the last ten years.

I'm still surprised Katoki hasn't had any kind of work on this series. I guess Bandai has him busy designing models and toys for them :p It would be nice to have Okawara retire before I lose all respect for the guy. The more stuff he puts out the more I start to "not-like" him. He seriously needs to retire. It's kinda funny how the suits Okawara didn't design were one of the more popular of the series (ie Strike and Aegis)

Has it been confirmed that Okawara designed the Impulse?

He may not be ideally bankrupt, but I am sure Sunrise and Bandai rejected his more creative designs in favor of the same old. Did you guys know the Sumo was Syd Mead's original proposal for the Turn-A Gundam? The color just drained from the Sunrise and Bandai execs and they rejected it, telling him what a Gundam should have. That's how you end up with the current version of Turn-A Gundam. If it were't for the powers that be, it would have looked like a bunch of cinnabuns.

They could have let Katoki do the mechs for Destiny. They could have let Kawamori do some mechs....He did do the concept drawings for 0083.

Whoa! Talk about having stylistic "consistency"!

Naw, really? Here's another point where they could have changed. Let someone else do the character designs. I know it's a sequel but come on....