Macross 7

You know, based on average interenet reviews I had decided to never watch Macross 7. But after this thread, combined with the thought that I endured Macross II when I was 12 (which was a feat, let me tell you), maybe I'll give it a watch. Max and Milia were my favorites anyways.

Macross 7 is genreally a love it or hate it show.

People have very strong opinions about it. The "hate its" are just a lot louder, as is usual.

not louder just more of them :p

No, definitely louder.

Judging by past MacrossWorld polls, I vote for "more of them".

Hmm, my mistake. Well, that will teach me to reply to forums while trying not to fall asleep waiting for a package. Still, in my search I came across no polls that support the statement of Duke Togo's I was replying to. Of course, that search was conducted in the same half asleep state, so feel free to correct my oversight.

Judging by past MacrossWorld polls, I vote for "more of them".

Sure about that?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=8451&hl=

thats not a good source since it lumps dyrl with mac7

rADD if you think THAT is a merrit badge for M7, then you need to ask yourself one question:

Is your head filled with human feces, or dog feces?

Hmm, my mistake. Well, that will teach me to reply to forums while trying not to fall asleep waiting for a package. Still, in my search I came across no polls that support the statement of Duke Togo's I was replying to. Of course, that search was conducted in the same half asleep state, so feel free to correct my oversight.

The topics are long since gone, if not on the old board. This subject was settled long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start another M7 thread (for obvious reasons) so I thought I'd just hijack this one to bring you this newsflash.

http://www.threenine.co.jp/seesonic/index.html

New CD, old songs (except for one). I've been following Fukuyama's stuff for years and always thought that his renditions of the Fire Bomber tunes kicked ass, much more so than the originals (well, he did compose half of them himself, after all). Now we can enjoy Fire Bomber, as it was meant to be heard.

Live performances planned for June, as well, in Osaka, Tokyo and Nagoya. It's cool, I don't think he's ever done a full-length "Basara-only" concert before. If anyone is interested and in the area, I suggest you go. He always puts on a damn good show (though I must say, I do prefer his own stuff to the Macross-related songs).

www.fukuyama-yoshiki.net On his site he's also selling his DVD for overseas customers (complete with Engrish instructions and all). Check it out.

B))

EDIT -- This pic is of the Stairway To Heaven performance at the Dec 31 2004 Countdown concert in Osaka which I -- now, regrettably -- could not attend. Ahh.. MAAANN... :(

post-2-1111017971.jpg

Edited by Renato

Didn't want to start another M7 thread (for obvious reasons) so I thought I'd just hijack this one to bring you this newsflash.

http://www.threenine.co.jp/seesonic/index.html

New CD, old songs (except for one). I've been following Fukuyama's stuff for years and always thought that his renditions of the Fire Bomber tunes kicked ass, much more so than the originals (well, he did compose half of them himself, after all). Now we can enjoy Fire Bomber, as it was meant to be heard.

Live performances planned for June, as well, in Osaka, Tokyo and Nagoya. It's cool, I don't think he's ever done a full-length "Basara-only" concert before. If anyone is interested and in the area, I suggest you go. He always puts on a damn good show (though I must say, I do prefer his own stuff to the Macross-related songs).

www.fukuyama-yoshiki.net On his site he's also selling his DVD for overseas customers (complete with Engrish instructions and all). Check it out.

B))

When a man lies with another man, the Macross7 fan is the man that is the woman.

Now here's a pic I never thought I'd see.

Fukuyama and Mari. Now if only they'd perform together....

Ah, even if they did, you can't see the good stuff anyways, they always censors the naughty bits.

ok, I just finished the whole series finally! Dang, I gotta say it was pretty good. Like most people, the first few episodes was boring. It picked up pretty quickly when I kept on watching. The only thing that was a let down was the ending. It ended too quickly. All these episodes took forever and it built up to a quick and easy ending. I was also disappointed that the "Movie" was more like a lost episode. But still that movie was a good one as we get to see emillia! :p But the OVA's seemed more like a movie instead. Anyway, I would've loved to see a series on mylene's sisters. Or even an extra episode explaining each character's history. And I definitly would love to see more of max and miriya in their VF-22's!! :p:D:lol:

i too finished the series just last week. i thought it sorta sucked.. storywise that is.. BUT i'm addicted to Mylene. the story could have been shrunk to 10 episodes and u dont really know what is going on till ep 48 (of 49!). i DO like the encore episodes a lot. I'm gonna watch the OAV's this week.

Mylene rules

Edited by hongkongbeef

wow, after finishing the series and movie, I fiddled around and found extras on each dvd. The extras are basically short stories of some of the character's origins. Pretty addition to the dvd's. And some of the extras are live music band concerts of the songs from Macross 7. Nice! :p:D:lol:

wow, after finishing the series and movie, I fiddled around and found extras on each dvd. The extras are basically short stories of some of the character's origins. Pretty addition to the dvd's. And some of the extras are live music band concerts of the songs from Macross 7. Nice! :p:D:lol:

Love that President Millia short snippet. :lol::lol::lol:

wow, after finishing the series and movie, I fiddled around and found extras on each dvd. The extras are basically short stories of some of the character's origins. Pretty addition to the dvd's. And some of the extras are live music band concerts of the songs from Macross 7. Nice!  :p  :D  :lol:

Love that President Millia short snippet. :lol::lol::lol:

hehe, yeah. That one was awesome!

No: Gubaba rulez !

I wish Gubaba had his own small mech. He deserves better treatment than as a sidekick to mylene. He did rescue everyone from capture afterall.

Things that could have made the series much better:

-A scene with gubaba getting awarded medals.

-Having max and milia allow the building of a customised super deformed Valkyrie (maybe an old yf21 with brainwave controls so he doesn't have to use his tiny limbs to control it) for him to help fight as a proper soldier. Imagine tiny reaction weapons?

I just kept thinking that they wasted this character's talents. Also I think the mascot has more personality than Gamlin!

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

No: Gubaba rulez !

I wish Gubaba had his own small mech. He deserves better treatment than as a sidekick to mylene. He did rescue everyone from capture afterall.

So I'm not the only one that thought that!

Things that could have made the series much better:

-A scene with gubaba getting awarded medals.

-Having max and milia allow the building of a customised super deformed Valkyrie (maybe an old yf21 with brainwave controls so he doesn't have to use his tiny limbs to control it) for him to help fight as a proper soldier. Imagine tiny reaction weapons?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just kept thinking that they wasted this character's talents. Also I think the mascot has more personality than Gamlin!

What if we give Gamlin a Gubaba of his own?

What if we give Gamlin a Gubaba of his own?

And as an anti-testament to Gamlin's indecisiveness towards mylene, his gabubu would be a horny gubaba-ian male....mates with gubaba and gets gibibi kids...making him realise his idiocy on the matter..... ;)

I wonder what Gubaba eats? Not one time in the series did I see Mylene give him something to eat. Animal cruelty! ;):p:D:lol:

I wonder what Gubaba eats? Not one time in the series did I see Mylene give him something to eat. Animal cruelty! ;):p:D:lol:

It feeds on Mylene's fleas. We don't see Mylene bathing really much either. :lol:

he eats the souls of the citizens at night while fighting off the brainwashed guys stealing off spiritcha.

We know nothing about Gubaba because the astounding truth is that he and his kind are the only descendants of the original Protoculture people :pWe are their pets :lol:

He deserves an entire show entirely dedicated to him... ;)

We know nothing about Gubaba because the astounding truth is that he and his kind are the only descendants of the original Protoculture people :pWe are their pets :lol:

they do. every time you see a draino commerical you can see him get uncloged from the sink.

We know nothing about Gubaba because the astounding truth is that he and his kind are the only descendants of the original Protoculture people  :p  We are their pets :lol:

they do. every time you see a draino commerical you can see him get uncloged from the sink.

Yah. They keep evicting him from his home. It's so sad...