GBP Armor number(s)

connor99

Hey, what do you know?! Another topic about everyone's favorite armor!! Anyway, I haven't found the time to put the armor on my pre FP 1S Roy until now and I know that this question has been asked before, AND I haven't actually opened the armor box so I don't know if the instruction manual would say so, but does anyone know for sure the number(s) that go on to the red palette of the GBP Armor chest piece? No one has actually given a definite answer to this particular question and I'm one of those nuts who must actually go with whatever is CANON. So, if anyone can help out, it'll be much appreciated! Thanks in advance you guys! :)

My guess is to match the chest number to the last number in the modex so Roy would be 1 on the chest and 001 everywhere else. Since it never appears in the anime really you could do it any way you want.

I'm not 100% sure (have to check M. Perfect) but number 1 is associated with Hikaru's VF-1J. Imai 1/100 models have the following numbering:

VF-1J Hikaru: 1

VF-1A Max: 7

VF-1S: 4

Imai GPB model

Does anyone know if the 101 on the arms and legs relates directly to the 1 on the chest ?

As GBP comes with 1,2,3 and 4 for the chest but then 101, 111, 202, 303 for the arms and legs.

So if you were to use a 4 on the chest for a VF-1S what would the arms and leg codes be ? :blink:

Hey, Guys, I was just checking out SOLSCUD007's latest thread and there he posted a pic of a classic TAKA GBP. Anyway, the box art confirms the matching 1 on the chest piece and the 101 on the arm n' leg armor! But of course, the armor was on HIKARU's VF-1S (from the tv series, I believe!). So, I don't exactly know what to make of this. I think I'm just gonna go w/ GERWALKER's Imai model patterns. But like FAT BOT's query, which code(s) would go with what chest piece #?

I'm not 100% sure (have to check M. Perfect) but number 1 is associated with Hikaru's VF-1J. Imai 1/100 models have the following numbering:

VF-1J Hikaru: 1

VF-1A Max: 7

VF-1S: 4

Imai GPB model

Does anyone know if the 101 on the arms and legs relates directly to the 1 on the chest ?

As GBP comes with 1,2,3 and 4 for the chest but then 101, 111, 202, 303 for the arms and legs.

So if you were to use a 4 on the chest for a VF-1S what would the arms and leg codes be ? :blink:

Shouldn't it be 001 just like the Skull-1 Valk number?

I do not think there is the one number to be placed on the VF-1S or other. The taka will have #1 sticker on all its GBP. That is how it came in the pacakge.

As for those Arii, they could have easily been number based on the company's discrestion.

There are no real reference to numbering the GBP, as far as I know (I could be wrong),. I would just number what ever number fits your liking.

Well from my understanding. The GBP Valks (im taking reference in what was said in Robotech Macross Saga) that they where reserved for special missions. Well thats what Lisa told Rick when he "Borrowed" it.

So im guessing that those Valks with the armor are numbered accordingly to how many GBP are reserved for Spec Ops. And so i guess that the one Rick took, was a VF-1J equiped with the first GBP.

So if you look at it, Rick´s VF-1J wasnt numbered 001 in the tv series (Roy had the 001) his number if you look up Perfect Memory was 101. Yet his GBP armour has the Nr. 1 on it.

Just my two cents.

-Jin

alvaro Posted on Jul 6 2004, 02:20 PM

awwmanz, so jealous over those having the 1/60gbp >.<

so far only got news monster & stand left from yamato (correct me if im wrong)

do u think yamato will come out 48gbp too?

I think that's what most folks here are hoping for--a 1/48 GBP Armor!! But, hey, ya know, if YAMATO ever came out with such news, ya'd probably hear it here first! :D

CID Posted on Jul 6 2004, 08:02 PM

There are no real reference to numbering the GBP, as far as I know (I could be wrong),. I would just number what ever number fits your liking.

One of the best advices I've heard so far. Thanks a lot, CID! :)

Well from my understanding. The GBP Valks (im taking reference in what was said in Robotech Macross Saga) that they where reserved for special missions. Well thats what Lisa told Rick when he "Borrowed" it.

So im guessing that those Valks with the armor are numbered accordingly to how many GBP are reserved for Spec Ops. And so i guess that the one Rick took, was a VF-1J equiped with the first GBP.

So if you look at it, Rick´s VF-1J wasnt numbered 001 in the tv series (Roy had the 001) his number if you look up Perfect Memory was 101. Yet his GBP armour has the Nr. 1 on it.

Just my two cents.

-Jin

I think Jin's right.

I've seen art of VF1S as both a 3 and a 4, cannon fodders as 5 and 7 and Max as a 7.

It makes sense that the code relates just to the armour and not the valk it's on.

I think I'm going to go with a 3 on the chest and 303 on the arms.

In fact, I think there is not have a rule on the armor number.

We can see the offical model or graphic also have different armor number on same VF model. I found another GBP of VF-1S graphic which have number 1 on the armor. The graphic came from Arcade macross game.

full.jpg

Edited by chukwong_jr

Well, I guess that settles it! When it comes to numbering them GBP's, anything is fair game and anyone can do it whichever way they want. Actually kinda like that myself, I get to customize a little. :D

I dunno, I think that the number on the chest of the armor is refere to the number of the armor unit and the numbers on the arm parts and leg is the same as the VF using the armor, could that be?

I dunno, I think that the number on the chest of the armor is refere to the number of the armor unit and the numbers on the arm parts and leg is the same as the VF using the armor, could that be?

I think RichterX is right. It would make sense to put the VF´s actualy number somewhere on the armour so others within the SpecOp group can identify visually who is who on the battlefield. Since all numbering signs on the valk itself is covered by the GBP.

-Jin

Edited by Jin_Kune_Do

Hey, you guys put up a rather good argument! I'm actually thinking of putting the numbers 1 and 001 on my pre FP ROY! Well, at least I can think about it until I get ANAZASI's decals!! ;)

The DYRL game for the PSX showed that the red parts of the armor on the VF-1S of Roy were yellow, in Hikaru's VF-1A stayed red, Max blue and Kakizaki green, I wonder if the chest numbers would be something like 1 for Roy with the 001 on the arms and leg, 2 for Hikaru with the 011 on arms and legs and so on, on a DYRL numbers and color scheme.

With the serie colors I am not sure but I think that I have seen a model kit of Millia's Vf-1J in GBP that was colored complete red.

Yeah I've seen that colour variations too, there are pics on the model page somewhere.

So if the arm number relates to the valk, what is number is on the VF1-J valk?

Is it a 101 ?

Yeah I believe that Hikaru's Vermillion 1 was the 101 in the instruction manual of the Yamato 1/60 its says to put that sticker on it. I have also seen other pictures showing it with the 101 number

Hey, RICHTERX, is there anyway you can go back to the PSX DYRL? game to check and see which # is on ROY's GBP?

Sorry, but the only that is noticeable is the color variations, not the numbers :(