Robotech Shadow Force

hmmm... you're right... sounds much cooler now to know that HG is now ripping off gundam along with macross!

We need shadow force power now!

:ph34r:

I'm not exactly sure why everyone's so hung up with the "Shadow Technology" thing all of a sudden, even as corny a title as it makes.

Had folks bothered to be even vaguely informed, they could have taken issue with the Shadow technology thing some 20 years ago, when Robotech aired-- instead of acting as if it's a surprise and some big goofy corny thing now. It's always been a part in the Robotech continuity, not to mention being the stuff already present in Mospeada, taken and twisted a step further.

That's almost like making fun of Macross 7 now for having Music-Wins-All-Wars as a theme, and being shocked when it presents a goofy sounding idea, when that something's always been key to the series. Music in Macross? *gasp* No way! <_<

hmmm, maybe you're onto something here... shadow force could actually be not the name of a new technology but of a new pop group that uses "spirit energy" released from their songs!

This "spirit energy" attacks the enemies ability to attack by destroying their ability to form and "chakra" a type of power that comes from extended use of protoculture.

And that sounds as goofy and stupid as it did the first time around.

Why are we snickering at the idea of Robotech going kiddie fare, again? We had no problem with that sort of thing in Macross. :unsure:

-Al

HEY! NO way should you lump me in with the M7 fan base, I thought M7 was as silly and pretty much worthless as anyone else.

I for one, am and equal oppertunity cynic and person who points and goes, "haw haw!"

BTW, I did post a link to a robotech RPG site that talked about shadow force and the shadow alphas, and yeah, 20 years ago, I thought it was cool. when I was 7.

Robotech, but I'm sooooooooooo sick of people knocking it when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

Better get used to that here, pal, if you're gonna stick around for any length of time. Trust me on this.

I've been a member for years...I just don't post a lot. (Not to mention, everyone's account got reset).

Anyway, like I said, I don't post a lot. Only when the absurdity level has gotten ridiculously high...like now. People are criticizing something they know nothing about.

People are just having fun. Making jokes about Robotech always gets a laugh. When HG comes up from a name like Shadow Force its just begging for people to make some cracks at its expense. I think people here know that their comments and or criticisms are sometimes ridiculous. That's part of the fun. No one should honestly take these type of comments seriously. I doubt that the author's of them do.

On a side note I'm at point where I'm not as easily interested or entertained as was before from the usual debates (insightful ones or not). I really would rather see these debates among members who have been a active part of these messages boards and not those who wait a long time and only start to post again to set people straight.

This is a warning:

If I see anymore lurkers returning from the dead to set things straight out any time soon I'm going to straighten my foot out in their ass. This is not saying people can't try to straighten out things. It's saying that these people better not be those who weren't active.

Bring that foot. I only post when I feel like I have something to contribute or when I think things are out of hand. I've been reading this mb almost every day for 3 years...so I'm active. Just not an active poster.

The more people talk, the less they usually know.

I'm not keen on the name, and I'm kinda hoping that someone at Tatsunoko is doing the actual writing so it can better be turned into a MOSPEADA sequel, but I must say I'm interested.

I'm not. I don't want F'ed up sequals like so many other series have. Leave Mospeada alone.

As for the Robotech thing. All this judgement from little source to go on........ Maybe they will finally tie Orguss into it........ :p Who knows at this point.......... I will probably check it out. I won't get all riled up about it since the show is not my cup of tea.

You're probably right.

I dunno, it's just difficult for me to look at Robotech and see anything other than 3 better series spliced together and edited in much the same way as Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, and Gigantor. Why would I watch any of those when I Mach Go Go, Gatchaman, and Tetsujin 28 are so much better? The idea of an American made sequel to the Americanized version of any of those just turns my stomach. (Take a look at Fred Ladd's ideas for "his" 'G3' Gigantor "sequel" and compare that to the new Tetsujin 28 Go series being distributed by Geneon).

Rumour has it that Tatsunoko already plans to turn 'Shadow Force' into a MOSPEADA sequel, if this is really the case I'd rather see them try to make a good sequel, then have HG and friends turn that into their Shadow Force show, rather than see HG make Shadow Force, then have Tatsunoko try and shoehorn that into a MOSPEADA sequel. Grok?

I suspect that if the creative team behind MOSPEADA worked on it, they might be able to do something good. I don't have as much faith in HG's creative talent. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

The reasoning behind all of this is my own clinging hope that some good will come of this show. I honestly do want them to make something I can enjoy out of this, whether it be in Robotech or MOSPEADA form.

Robotech, but I'm sooooooooooo sick of people knocking it when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

Better get used to that here, pal, if you're gonna stick around for any length of time. Trust me on this.

aint that the truth.

This "legios" is not me, by the way, just so you know.

Legioss that's funny.

and Legios's comment is even funnier.

I read other some other message boards (non Macross and Robotech ones) often (for years) as well but not as an active poster on them either. I lurk those boards only posting rarely. Does that sound what you sort of like you?

See there's a problem with a lurker who reappears out of the blue moon just to set people straight. It looks like they have been lurking all this time just to do that. There is history here of certain posters who are hardly ever an active part of discussions but when ever news information from company x & y come out these posters look for something or someone to straighten out. The rest of the time you rarely see them at all. People mind those that appear or reappear only to attack or defend something.

Just so you know -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(paraphrasing)

Section IV: Robotech

...If there is discussion (about Robotech) expect to see a more pro Macross stance and even people being critical of Robotech. You will see intelligent comments and stupid ones...

...Please don’t just come here to attack or to defend Robotech. The forums are for the discussion and promotion of Macross. Don’t make attacking or defending Robotech or Harmony Gold as your only reason for being here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring that foot. I only post when I feel like I have something to contribute or when I think things are out of hand. I've been reading this mb almost every day for 3 years...so I'm active. Just not an active poster.

The more people talk, the less they usually know

You post 'when things get out of hand'? I take it you're a moderator here to policing the boards? ;) There are others here that make "straighting out things" posts and most members here tolerate them because "straighting out things" post doesn't appear to be their primary motivation to be an active part of things. If "straighting out things" is someones primary motivation to post they should expect the members or administration to tolerate them forever. IFY that warning was actually a clue for others. Now that I'm being dared I guess you really want to make sure that I don't forget about you.

You should of read this comments carefully

Pay close attention to the first line.

On a side note I'm at point where I'm not as easily interested or entertained as was before from the usual debates (insightful ones or not). I really would rather see these debates among members who have been a active part of these messages boards and not those who wait a long time and only start to post again to set people straight.

You see some topics and or debates require a moderator's full attention. If a moderator is unable or unwilling watch one they may stop the topic and or debate. I'm not that interested anymore in moderating a debate in which some who are debating appear to have only returned because of the debate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section: VIII State of Emergency

... During a crisis such as the any announcement that would cause a temporary surge in posting the administration may become strict.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to blame it on those that posted before you but we all have our limits and

I've already hinted that mine was growingt shorter. You want to dare me fine? Here's an offical announcement, I will be very strict in the next couple of weeks on those that appear to be only popping up to attack or defend Robotech (this in relation to the new news, etc). If I catch you (as in anyone) in or at the start of what could be a big debate you better make sure that you've been an active part of the discussions here. If not expect anything to happen.

If anyone wants to bitch about how strict they are a MW at other sites. Go ahead tell them. I am sure people will start saying they got kicked out for defending Robotech at MW. I am also sure they'll neglect to say that there are many people left who are still defending that weren't kicked out and they'll neglect to say that they themselves only started to be active again to defend it.

Happy 4th of July y'all.

Hey, does this new series have anything to do with that game that's comming out?

Wondering the same thing. The game is Mospeada based, and the new series looks likes it will also have Mospeada designs in it. My opinion is that the game may show some hints to the new series - maybe new mecha or characters that may show up in the new show, or an unresolved plot that may go right into the series and to a sequal of the game. Or I could be totally off base. This would be something that would bring more of an audience into the show, as this new game is supposedly going to have a broader appeal to those who don't know RT or only have a passing interest in RT.

scrapped names include...

"Robotech: Covert Ops"

"Robotech: Counter Strike"

"Robotech: Rainbow Six"

You forgot:

"Robotech: Rogue Spear"

"Robotech: Ghost Recon"

Hey, does this new series have anything to do with that game that's comming out?

I'm sure there will be a tie-in.

Do we have any confirmation whether or not ninjas will be involved? Because that would be really cool if the ninjas piloted the Veritechs and threw giant metal throwing stars and stuff blew up and the ninjas all yell out "Shadow Force! Step to this and you get wrecked, honkeys!"

It also should involved a heavy metal band seeking to grow Protoculture flowers using their wicked axes to generate Shadow power, which gets the ninjas all revved up to go kill and stuff again.

:lol:

You forgot:

And then there's:

"Robotech: Full Spectrum Warrior"

"Robotech: Operation Flashpoint"

"Robotech: Second Sight"

"Robotech: "IGI"

You forgot:

And then there's:

How could we not include Robotech: Splinter Cell? That's a classic!

You forgot:

And then there's:

How could we not include Robotech: Splinter Cell? That's a classic!

I'm surprised they didn't capitalize on the transformer's energon success and use their own combining mecha...

Robotech: Protoculture of Combination!

I think this new show will be a lame one. The reason I loved Robotech so much was because almost everything else back then was lame and boring, but RT was taken from a japanese product and japanese studios don't have all the "moral" restrictions they have in the US, where everybody chooses the "self-censorship".

You have to struggle every day to pull out an intelligent product with all those restrictions (I'm thinking on Batman the animated series as an example). So I'm not expecting a second "New Generation", not even a second "South Cross". I'm very excited with the idea of playing a Mospeada game, tho'. :lol:

I'm hoping that Shadow Force will be a huge success... that way they can have their own cash cow and leave macross out of it.

I'm also hoping that the Alpha will be great toy. That way I can have a great legioss and Toynami will turn out to be an OK toy company. Wouldn't hurt anyone to have another toy company that makes nice toys. Their Inu Yasha line looks good. Though I like articulations on the figures I buy.

Do we have any confirmation whether or not ninjas will be involved? Because that would be really cool if the ninjas piloted the Veritechs and threw giant metal throwing stars and stuff blew up and the ninjas all yell out "Shadow Force! Step to this and you get wrecked, honkeys!"

It also should involved a heavy metal band seeking to grow Protoculture flowers using their wicked axes to generate Shadow power, which gets the ninjas all revved up to go kill and stuff again.

:lol:

then the power rangers pop in spandex wearing valks that combine into a giant lameazoid and gross out viewers left and right?

... I recognize some of the cheesiness of Robotech, but I'm sooooooooooo sick of people knocking it when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

I know what I am talking about... and I still think it's lame.

How to come up with Robotech sequel name:

'enter mysterious word here' _ 'chose between: group, team, unit, force, or squad'

If I were given these parameters I would have at least come up something creative:

ROBOTECH: Stealth Team

ROBOTECH: Hiden group

ROBOTECH: Mystery Squad

ROBOTECH: Mystical Unit

and the all-time greatest party game...

Robotech: Robokart Racing

About: Robotech Vs. Predator?

Arnold would never be associated with something so lame.

Did anyone else think of Scooby-Doo when he said "Mystery Squad" :unsure:

Shadow Force doesent sound that bad. But it also reminded me ALOT of Power Rangers! Wasent Power Rangers also originally Japanese? :blink:

Did anyone else think of Scooby-Doo when he said "Mystery Squad" :unsure:

Shadow Force doesent sound that bad. But it also reminded me ALOT of Power Rangers! Wasent Power Rangers also originally Japanese? :blink:

It DOES seem Power(ass) Ranger-ish.

I thought Power Rangers was the lamest thing in existence untill Pokemon came around.

Honestly, I don't see why they even bother with trying to do a robotech sequel. 3 DVD releases of the exact same material, and they expect a loyal fanbase? Sheesh!

Yeah, and heavens forbid they actually try to release some new material, and do what fans had been pining for, right? Silly them, attempting something vaguely different from what we like to accuse them of doing. :lol:

-Al

Well, it's one ninja-step better than a certain other series that this description bears vague resemblance to. :ph34r:

-Al

Already a single issue comic from Antartic Press, featuring MW member Greg Lane doing New Gen pencils.

Cyc (who mumblers about it having some of the worst inking in existence while drinking a glass of water to hide the noise)