Dreams really do come true

Solscud007

Sounds like a dream come true dude, Congrats!

I would ask the brother though man.

His mom did give it to you, but honestly it wasn't hers to give.

To her it may have been some dusty old crap toys.

"One man's garbage, is another man's treasure"

or

"One mothers son's garbage, is another MW's member's treasure"

or

one blah blah blah blah bah

damn it nick!! You always get the good stuff!! First the Small transformers thing, and now this. You got's ta be the luckiest MW member here! You better bring that to the MW con so we can see how beautifully mint it is. :p:D:lol:

You can stash that ORGUSS and the GBP at my house :D until the heat blows over,

2-3 years. ;) . yeah i live in socal....

lucky dude mahhhhn......at least give him $30 bucks...

the thought of it.... :lol::angry::lol::(:lol::lol::D .

haha all good advice. Yeah most likely when i do meet the older brother I will win him over with my amazing charisma and wittiness that he wont care. haha

Seriously though this guy only liked toys as a kid. But the upbrining told him to keep his toys analy in the box. hmm kinda sounds liek some I know huh Tony? anyway this guy went to highschool in the states and after that is those straight arrow business onyl kinda guys who doesnt even take holidays for fear that the company might realize that they did just fine with out his prescence and have a reason for termination. Anyways form how my GF describes this guy, I think these toys are the last thing on his mind and probably doesnt care about them as he did as a kid. Remember some peopl have tastes they enjoy as a child but as an adult can no longer tolerate them. kinda like how I used to love mayo and spoon it in a slice of bologna and east it like a taco. but I dont do that anymore. hehe

Oh for those of you who are married and have kids, get your crap out of your parents houses!!!!! haha

So true about the fact that if you got your own place, then you should have gotten your stuff long time ago.

LOL! Well I'll be damned if he kept it all minty fresh as a kid. None of my toys are minty fresh and have their boxes. Although I don't handle them anally with gloves and transform only once/twice after I get them, I still kept them in pristine order....until my bro plays with them. Transformers' heads limbs get broken off...guns get lost etc. Pesky younger bro.

I guess having a baby sister who's not interested in robots really does help in keeping toys in one piece. :lol:

But curious though, if these toys were 20 years old (someone down the thread said 20 i think) and he's 30+, he'd be about 10-13ish when he got these stuff. Were these toys that well distributed around Canada (you're in Canada right?) or the US during the time? I'd figure they'd be rare imports during those times as well.....especially before the age of Robotech.

no wolfx sorry I skipped a step. My GF's family are from Hong Kong. Im nto sure how long they were in canada but my GF was born in HK and lived there for a while. And she remembers her brothers attending High school at a boarding school in the states. These toys were from HK.

Dude! You just........ suck. :) That's completely unfair, there's people (like me) who've been pining for AGES for an affordable GBP set in that condition (although, i'd prefer mine WITH the arm parts). I'm more than a little jealous! Now I need to find someone from Hong Kong or Japan and date them.... just so I can raid their older brother's collections!

You lucked out man BIG TIME!!!!!

And by the way Pogoman nice collection.

Are all those toys yours, including the "last" pic???

If it is playtime has got to be the best!!!! :D:lol::rolleyes:

I am sure there is a guy from Jersey that can find those arm peices for you.he.he.he :p where he lives the takatoku gbp armor GROWS mib on the trees

haha seriously? hehe I bet they come unassembled still on the sprue tree from factory.

Dude you broke the NERD COLLECTING CODE!

Don't you know that married nerd collectors, like myself, hide our true stashes in the home of our birthplace, so as to not arouse suspicion in the family home? Didn't you notice how, even though the guy is 31, his room still looks like a teen lives there? Didn't you see how METICULOUSLY the boxed goodies were stashed? Believe me, the momma had NOTHING to do with that! Finally, didn't you notice how it took you three days to finally locate the mother lode, which you probably wouldn't have found even in a million years if it wasn't for your own nerd collecting spidey sense tingling? That nerd spent YEARS properly hiding that stuff from the parental units! Finally - did you really think all that swag was from his youth? If you do some digging you should find minty fresh Ebay reciepts in the boxes!

Ok, the Orgroid and the GBP are tasty. But the CHOGOKIN. That is a MINT GA-51 GAIKING! And look at that Grandizer! The Chogokin alone blow everything else away in terms of worth.

So I say - be a man-nerd and go approach that brother at thanksgiving, and bring him aside, and fess up. Do the nerd-collecting secret handshake, and beg forgiveness from the Grand Poobah. Believe me, when you get married, you want a resource like that on your side. Otherwise, some day when you host thanksgiving at your house, you might find your entire collection superglued together - except for the missing items that your brother-in-law took back.

Don't you know that married nerd collectors, like myself, hide our true stashes in the home of our birthplace, so as to not arouse suspicion in the family home? Didn't you notice how, even though the guy is 31, his room still looks like a teen lives there? Didn't you see how METICULOUSLY the boxed goodies were stashed? Believe me, the momma had NOTHING to do with that! Finally, didn't you notice how it took you three days to finally locate the mother lode, which you probably wouldn't have found even in a million years if it wasn't for your own nerd collecting spidey sense tingling? That nerd spent YEARS properly hiding that stuff from the parental units! Finally - did you really think all that swag was from his youth? If you do some digging you should find minty fresh Ebay reciepts in the boxes!

Ok, the Orgroid and the GBP are tasty. But the CHOGOKIN. That is a MINT GA-51 GAIKING! And look at that Grandizer! The Chogokin alone blow everything else away in terms of worth.

So I say - be a man-nerd and go approach that brother at thanksgiving, and bring him aside, and fess up. Do the nerd-collecting secret handshake, and beg forgiveness from the Grand Poobah. Believe me, when you get married, you want a resource like that on your side. Otherwise, some day when you host thanksgiving at your house, you might find your entire collection superglued together - except for the missing items that your brother-in-law took back.

NO way... he broke the nerd-code first! By moving out of him mom's basement... everything after that is a free for all! ;)

haha no you dont understand. Aside from the mom's few jackets hanging in the closet there was nothing there but them and the red tub.

cool find!

maybe someday someone will something good out of my stuff in 10 years down the road:

http://www.tfans.com/index.php?showtopic=4130

You mean you havn't put me in you're will yet?! For shame pogo! :p MAn Why can't something like that happen to meeee! I wana find a nice big box of transformers someplace to put on my self :D I keep dreaming but...

Man though I agree with everyone else you're so much dead if the bro finds out! That or he may not care any more & give you all the rest! Just remember if you ever get hitched you''lll have to face em sooner or latter :D

Allso whats this about you finding a stash of transformers too?!!? Lucky son of a :huh::angry: !

What about synch! Wheres his! :p:D some day! :lol:

Edited by Synch

cool find!

maybe someday someone will something good out of my stuff in 10 years down the road:

You mean you havn't put me in you're will yet?! For shame pogo! :p MAn Why can't something like that happen to meeee! I wana find a nice big box of transformers someplace to put on my self :D I keep dreaming but...

Man though I agree with everyone else you're so much dead if the bro finds out! That or he may not care any more & give you all the rest! Just remember if you ever get hitched you''lll have to face em sooner or latter :D

Allso whats this about you finding a stash of transformers too?!!? Lucky son of a :huh::angry: !

hey am i in your will if you die?

:D

cool find!

hey am i in your will if you die?

:D

alright guys I'll make sure to put you down for something.

holy cow pogoman! that's a lot of stuff!! Wow, that took me back to memory lane!! I remember seeing all that stuff exactly how it is displayed at a toys r us back in the 80's! Wow, nice collection. I had to limit myself from all that extra stuff to just Transformers and Macross and a little Anime stuff here and there. :p:D:lol:

holy cow pogoman! that's a lot of stuff!! Wow, that took me back to memory lane!! I remember seeing all that stuff exactly how it is displayed at a toys r us back in the 80's! Wow, nice collection. I had to limit myself from all that extra stuff to just Transformers and Macross and a little Anime stuff here and there. :p:D:lol:

Good for you keepn it with the tfs! B))

Hahaha,

That is a bunch of cool stuff, and considering the condition it was kept in I think that you will be getting a nasty phone call or a harsh bang at the door some random day. Out of your own sense of self-preservation you probably ought to make sure it is cool with the true owner of that stuff that you take it. From the pictures, by today's collectors prices it looks like you lifted around a thousand dollars worth for goodies if not more.

You know the golden rule.... How would you feel if your mom gave away all your collectibles....

Congrats on the find, I hope that your grilfriend's brother has "Grown up" and doesn't mind you keeping the goodies, but I wouldnt be too comfortable with that haul until you have his approval.

Now, if you and your woman were married.. and you weren't just his sister's boyfriend, your chances of being allowed to keep it would be better. I'd NEVER give my old stuff to my sister's boyfriend. Aint nothing sayng he's gonna stya with her, and who does he think he is anyways?!?

HAHAHAHAHA

:Dat

The armor is mint except that it is missing the arm armor  :angry:  :(

the grey focker VF-1S has seen a  few intergalatic battles but nothing major other that what looks liek wear and dirt.

the styrafoam is absolutely mint and the box is in rather really good condition (I dont know my codes but I woudl say 8 or 9 of of 10 where 10 being brand new.

so of course this toy now resides safely in my posession  :p  :D  :lol:  ;)

my girlfriend, who is the love of my life prior to owning this toy  :D , asked her mom if I could have it. Since her brother probably forgot about these toys what is one less toy  ;)  :lol:  right? 

Yes, I'm sure he forgot all about them. :rolleyes:

What a raw deal for the new daddy.

Edited by Draykov

WOW!!! Great find! I remember being a kid and seeing ALL that stuff at the Swap Meet. I wished I coulda bought that then. Now I see that you have stumbled upon it. Hell, I am in my 30's and I still dig that stuff!

now watch he will be surfing on the net in the near future and find this site after this thread dies and finds that gbp chunky monky armor is worth something rush home open his box and scream, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Man, what if that actually happens?