Dreams really do come true

Solscud007

damn nick! that's a good haul you got! If she wants to get rid of anything else...hook me up :lol:

If I knew you had all that good stuff, I totally would have got up early on wednesday and shown you around town (well...maybe not...I didn't even get up in time for my bro's wedding rehearsal today :ph34r:)

Hope you had a good trip up here...the weather kicked some serious ass.

dude,that's 1 incredible haul.let's see,you got dude's vf-1s gbp & his little sister.what a wonderfully giving & tolerant man he must be :lol::lol:

you should have hours & hours of entertainment :lol::lol:

yeah that wowed me for a good 5 minutes as I drooled at the mintyness of it.  :D

so I continue my dig/excavation and as a complete shock (because my girlfriend knows of my macross addiction but did not know this bucket existed)

this was lying at the bottom of the tub

*Raises hands above head NFL Referee style, imitating a Spanish Soccer commentator*

GGGGOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!

Got DAYUM You hit the paydirt!!

Edited by JRock

This is why I hired a van and went and retireved all my stashed goodies from my brothers attic as soon as I got my own house.

I always made it clear to my family that no-one was to give away my stuff just to make sure this kind of thing never happended to me!

dude,that's 1 incredible haul.let's see,you got dude's vf-1s gbp & his little sister.what a wonderfully giving & tolerant man he must be :lol::lol:

you should have hours & hours of entertainment :lol::lol:

With the toys, or the little sister?

... :rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist, it was too perfectly set up! ;)

Anyhow, isn't it telling that the entire closet was cleaned out (cept for a few of the mom's jackets) but that tub was there? That tells me that the whole place was cleaned out by Mom, but upon threat of holding his breath forever the big bro got the mom to keep the tub above all else.

Feel the pangs of guilt....muahahaha.... :ph34r:

IMHO, the fact that your GF's bro _might_ not want them anymore is not the main point.

If you sold this haul on ebay, they are worth over a 1000 smackers. These should be his money. This stuff is highly liquid. Its like buying a Picasso painting from some old lady who didn't know its value for $50, then selling it on for big bucks.

If some guest in your house looked at your wastepaper basket and said, hey I collect stamps, can I have that one in your basket? You let him have it, then find out one week later its some rare shitz and he sold it for $1500 to a collector. You would wanna kick his nutz for not telling you right?

Taking something valuable from the owner without his knowledge isn't very ethical.

At least give the guy a call!

If you already did or if anything else I didn't know about before typing my rant. Mea Culpa!

Ah but see im not selling it. Im appreciating it in my room everyday. I look at it and think "aww arent you the coolest thing?" haha I dotn plan on selling it. But rather give it a loving home and cherish it. If you sold a stamp without knowing the price shame on you. not the buyer. Think of it this way. We always hear of stores selling stuff at insanely low prices. Most recently Cineeast sellign Mospeada Cyclones and Alphas for 70 dollars a piece. They didnt know its worth double or more. But do we feel bad for buying them at that price? No we feel good for finding such a great haul. Woudl you tell the seller "Hey this is worth double so please take my money" Hell no you dont. So this is jsut the same thing different color.

Also condition of storing doesnt neccesarily equal diehard collector fan. There are those anal retentive people who keepthings brand new for the sake of not makign it old. One person liek that is my Dad. There are lots of people who store things and keep the packaging as new as possible not for collection sake but rather toys may be hard to come by so the person's upbringing of conservation and non waste woudl then trasfer to how one cares for his toys. Being frugal and being a collector can look the same but in the end the results are different

You lucked out man BIG TIME!!!!!

And by the way Pogoman nice collection.

Are all those toys yours, including the "last" pic???

If it is playtime has got to be the best!!!! :D:lol::rolleyes:

thanks man! yup all of those items are part of the pogoman collection. I added some pics on page 4 too.

holy cow pogoman! that's a lot of stuff!! Wow, that took me back to memory lane!! I remember seeing all that stuff exactly how it is displayed at a toys r us back in the 80's! Wow, nice collection. I had to limit myself from all that extra stuff to just Transformers and Macross and a little Anime stuff here and there. :p:D:lol:

thanks man. I have a collection of everything. Mostly of cartoons and shows from the 80's.

I can't understand how something like this happened. A friend's friend was clearing up the house and in the process of cleaning it out, guess what he found? A minty fresh takatoku Super VF-1S....no yellowing and perfect condition box. And he claims he never knew he had it..... :blink:

Maybe his dad hid the xmas present and forgot to bring it out of the attic or something.

The guy's obviously not a toy collector so he wants to sell it. Ebay prices seem to be around USD 130-150? I offered 52 bucks..since i'd rather buy a 1/48 if it was any more expensive. Have yet to get a reply.

I can't understand how something like this happened. A friend's friend was clearing up the house and in the process of cleaning it out, guess what he found? A minty fresh takatoku Super VF-1S....no yellowing and perfect condition box. And he claims he never knew he had it..... :blink:

Maybe his dad hid the xmas present and forgot to bring it out of the attic or something.

The guy's obviously not a toy collector so he wants to sell it. Ebay prices seem to be around USD 130-150? I offered 52 bucks..since i'd rather buy a 1/48 if it was any more expensive. Have yet to get a reply.

nice!! if you get it, you better post up some pictures! :p:D:lol:

Damn, minty fresh box and toy? I'd say that's worth $100 at least. I'd up that offer!

H

DUDE Solscud!!!

that whole lot on the table at the MWCON was this stuff!!!!!!!!!!???

OMG, the GBP was nice......ah yes the Orguss you showed me , now i get it,...

i am truely jealous now...like i said, if he (brother of your gal) ever comes around asking questions i am just right down the 405.....wont charge shelf rental...lol :lol:

Edited by orguss01