Dreams really do come true

Solscud007

You ever have those dreams where you come across a box of toys that has been left unaware by all people? And you look inside and in it is some lost treasure left behind and forgotten by time?

Well that happened to me but in reality!!!!! :D:p:lol:

I went to visit my Girlfriend's mom in Vancouver, Canada. My GF showed me one of her older brother's rooms and in a book shelf cupboard were some old toys. Nothing big jsut MIB Microman toys, Old School Gaiking Chogokin loose in box, an old original Zoids toy in box and various other minor toys.

Now in the room I was staying in was the oldest brother's room. He has some magazines and we found an Animedia box w/ full set of pictures

similar to this

animedia_idol_photopack1.jpg

only mine is set two. Hey Shawn you gotta put these up on the website hehe!!!

So to the point in the closet after like the third day of being there I just take a gander at this red box that was in the closet.

Lo and behold it is a treasure trove of toys her 30 something year old brother, who recently became a new father left behind.

here is that bucket

post-4-1088498723_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

here are the goodies in side. old school chogokins!!!!! Microman (oh the other brother has the evil black guy and horse so together it is a winning combo fo good vs evil and their robotic horses) :lol:

post-4-1088498793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

yeah that wowed me for a good 5 minutes as I drooled at the mintyness of it. :D

so I continue my dig/excavation and as a complete shock (because my girlfriend knows of my macross addiction but did not know this bucket existed)

this was lying at the bottom of the tub

post-4-1088499019_thumb.jpg

OMG!! haha, so are they yours to keep? Or will you get to buy them for a song? Or.. will you pay the market price? lol.

Great find! PS - gimme that Orgroid! :p

The armor is mint except that it is missing the arm armor :angry::(

the grey focker VF-1S has seen a few intergalatic battles but nothing major other that what looks liek wear and dirt.

the styrafoam is absolutely mint and the box is in rather really good condition (I dont know my codes but I woudl say 8 or 9 of of 10 where 10 being brand new.

so of course this toy now resides safely in my posession :p:D:lol:;)

my girlfriend, who is the love of my life prior to owning this toy :D , asked her mom if I could have it. Since her brother probably forgot about these toys what is one less toy ;):lol: right? just wish I could bring the rest back here and give them a loving home :D:p oh but it will happen sometime hehe

So dreams do come true.

I love you Lisa thank you so much!!!!

Edited by Solscud007

Sounds like now's the time to marry her! And maybe her brother will give you the rest of his stoy stash as a wedding present! :D

Well if I were you, I'd ask big bro if he still wanted them and probably offer him cash for them, just to be polite.....hell.....I LIED :devil emoticon here: .

I'll just take it and ask his mom if I can have them. MWAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

No doubt... I'd make sure to clear it with the brother. Anybody who actually has 20 year old toys IN boxes must care something about them...

Yeah, we hear stories all the time of parents just giving away precious collectibles of their kids. LOL - It would be funny if the brother was a member on these boards and posted about some jackass boyfriend that made off with all his toys. Seriously, cool find and awesome story but you really need to talk to the actually owner and not anyone else.

No doubt... I'd make sure to clear it with the brother.  Anybody who actually has 20 year old toys IN boxes must care something about them...

Yeah, we hear stories all the time of parents just giving away precious collectibles of their kids. LOL - It would be funny if the brother was a member on these boards and posted about some jackass boyfriend that made off with all his toys. Seriously, cool find and awesome story but you really need to talk to the actually owner and not anyone else.

i was totally thinking the same thing B))

Dude, I would KILL MY MOM if she gave away any of my stuff without at least asking me first, and I'm 34, married, got kids, my own place, and haven't lived at home since I was 19.

I wouldn't have felt right taking any of that stuff unless the Bro gave me the OK.

Edited by Mechamaniac

:angry: Dude so that's who took my toys! Man you better give them back. I'll PM you my new home address in California :ph34r: please ship them ASAP and I promise I'll forgive you and let you marry my sister Joan, or was that Renee, oh I meant Lisa...

/Gene :D

Edited by g3173

That musta been cool. Though I hope you had permission to actually start digging through another guy's belongings before you did so! As others have said, you should probably get the final OK from the bro. Moms are notorious for screwing over their sons by giving away things that aren't theirs to give.

Though, from mom's perspective, if you really wanted it, you probably would have come and gotten over the last fifteen years. :p

H

yea you should get permission first, if he kept everything that well preserved and in boxes he probally is a collector and knows the prices, that is how I am. If i came home and found my mother gave away my collection i would hunt the bastard down to the ends of the Earth and get my stuff back. make sure you find out first. just because you are dating his sister and his mother does not seem to care does not give you ownership to his possesions, put yourself in his shoes .but if he does say yea you are very lucky that looks like a nice set. can you post more pics?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Excellent story!

(note to self....don't let 'scud date my sister or my mom may give away my stuff! ) <_<

Note to self - buy another gun safe (or two) and lock up all of my Macross stuff in there.

Then it won't matter who dates who... well, unless I can get a g/f like that!

Great find, man!

I'd check with that brother...

Even if I had forgotten about it, the moment I knew it existed, I'd steam out knowing my mom gave it away to my sister's BOYFRIEND?!?

HELL NO!!!

HAHAHHA.. hope it works out for you.

:Dat