auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

While the auction itself is not so absurd, the winning bid is really over the top. But this is probably just because the title states "VERY RARE". Oh yeah, very rare indeed! Especially since Yamato is releasing even more! Way to do your research!

Link

The real kicker is that there are pre-orders on eBay for the same item for like $135! This guy's gonna punch himself in the nuts when he realizes that he paid over twice what he had to! Welcome to the wonderful world of eBay! I've seen Low-Viz go for less!

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

While the auction itself is not so absurd, the winning bid is really over the top. But this is probably just because the title states "VERY RARE". Oh yeah, very rare indeed! Especially since Yamato is releasing even more! Way to do your research!

Link

The real kicker is that there are pre-orders on eBay for the same item for like $135! This guy's gonna punch himself in the nuts when he realizes that he paid over twice what he had to! Welcome to the wonderful world of eBay! I've seen Low-Viz go for less!

315717[/snapback]

WTF :o ! More rare and more expensive than the LV. Quick someone contact the 2nd highest bidder to offer to sell their 1/48 Roy :lol: Shill bidding I say :blink: .

While the current bid is not that high,  CHECK OUT THE SHIPPING!

holy fee avoidance!

315790[/snapback]

That is just plain wrong!

316302[/snapback]

wow, that is pretty pricey for shipping, but then again this sucker is heavy and it's for overnight shipping, fedex, or 2-3 day shipping. I guess it's better than waiting two weeks for it to ship.

Well, with all those high Ebay fees and then later on the PayPal fees for some...btw you can lose up to 15% of your final sale price; it is no wonder that people come up with all kinds of tricks to avoid these fees!

yeah, you cant blame people for trying to avoid the fees. IF you sell a lot on ebay, the fees can eat up profits quick. IF your genna spend $300 on a low viz, if the seller sells it for $5, but charges $295 to ship, you are still spending $300 either way, so what does it matter. As a buyer, you got to be on the lookout for these things so you dont bid to high.

Hey look it's a Super Ostrich, NOT!

Ok it's only mildly absurd but the guy built the thing didn't he look at the package?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-72-Built-Macross-VT-...1QQcmdZViewItem

317910[/snapback]

1d right? I guess orange is orange to some folk and if he doesn't know what it is he probably called it that with minimum research... going with the first thing he found that was close.

not that a seller not doing research is a bad thing... I was quite happy with my loose hi-metal 1/55 1a for $10 bin

That doesn't strike me as too insane. It's a lot more than they used to go for but it seems like all the 1/48 prices have been climbing. The Max 1A has been selling at about $200 lately.... that thing used to be worth just as little as the Hikkie 1A

Granted this is not an auction, sorry if it was posted already.

I know most of you are getting sick with TISNC's high prices, but this one takes the cake: http://store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/macvarfighik.html

318037[/snapback]

:):D:lol:

Regular Price : USD 100

Sale Price : USD 159~!

You save USD 20 ~!

Horray~! there goes..even a kindergarden child would know he/she been ripped off.....Tinsinc sure have to re-take math classes....

at least he should have updated the ol price if he's so 'persistent' in ripping people off

Edited by aaajin

Hey look it's a Super Ostrich, NOT!

Ok it's only mildly absurd but the guy built the thing didn't he look at the package?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-72-Built-Macross-VT-...1QQcmdZViewItem

317910[/snapback]

1d right? I guess orange is orange to some folk and if he doesn't know what it is he probably called it that with minimum research... going with the first thing he found that was close.

not that a seller not doing research is a bad thing... I was quite happy with my loose hi-metal 1/55 1a for $10 bin

317973[/snapback]

Man that was a steal

Regular Price : USD 100

Sale Price : USD 159~!

You save USD 20 ~!

I think it's $180, not $100. It it's not it's certainly supposed to be.

318058[/snapback]

They fixed it... man... i should not have posted it.

I guess whomever is running that place is also looking at we are posting.

Man Kanata67 you must be on ebay more than I am.  Of the same note I like this sellers auctions :p

http://stores.ebay.ca/Rawk-Gurls-Stuff

318687[/snapback]

once a week at best just to see if I won anything. I just do comprehensive searches to make sure nothing cool slips through the crack. I am a cheap SOB so anytime something I just can't say no to comes along I just can't say no. FYI you have the privilage of being the seller of the most I have ever spent on a single auction to date. :blink:

I really do like that sellers approach... I should get my wife to do that to increase sales :lol:

remember... no matter how beutiful a woman is... somewhere there is a guy who is tired of f_cking her :blink:

Oh man. . . someone just got robbed.

1/48 VF-1S Roy for $355

It's bad enough as it is. . . but knowing that they're going to be re-released in about a month.  Ouch!

H

319284[/snapback]

You only get robber when it's against your will. This was just plain haste and stupidity on the buyers part.

1/48 VF-1S Roy for $355

It's bad enough as it is. . . but knowing that they're going to be re-released in about a month.  Ouch!

H

319284[/snapback]

You only get robber when it's against your will. This was just plain haste and stupidity on the buyers part.

319291[/snapback]

I never understand how stuff like this happens. It takes an absolute lack of effort on the bidders part. If you looked at the Ebay stores you would find them for $160 easily (and that's still $30 more than you'd find them at other retailers as preorders online). They searched enough to find this one item, how did they not notice the other items in their search?

1/48 VF-1S Roy for $355

H

319284[/snapback]

319291[/snapback]

Hey now! I'm one of the guys who's usually sticking up for free markets and I think a seller should be able to sell at whatever price he wants so long as he's not misrepresenting his product.

But, I think you could make a solid case that calling a Roy 1/48 "very RARE and long time sold out everywhere" constitutes misrepresenting the product. The only question here really is whether or not the seller did so intentionally. In this case, the news of yet another re-release is so new that he probably didn't do it on purpose. But, had the seller known about the impending re-release, yeah, I'd say that he would be robbing people if he continued to say that the Roy 1/48 is "super rare and long time sold out everywhere." :)

In this particular case though, I did not intend to say that the seller was "robbing" the buyer. Rather, the buyer is just sorta getting "robbed" by circumstance and his own ignorance about how plentiful the 1/48 Roy will eventually be.

I have no problem with a seller making as much as possible from a buyer as long as he isn't wilfully taking advantage of a buyer's ignorance. But we can still feel bad for a guy who just may be a Macross fan who doesn't yet know about MW or other news outlets for Japanese toy release dates. Poor guy. :(

But we can still feel bad for a guy who just may be a Macross fan who doesn't yet know about MW or other news outlets for Japanese toy release dates. Poor guy. :(

319321[/snapback]

Dont feel bad, email the guy and hook him up with the info. Thats how I found out about MW. :)