auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

say what??!! :o why the sudden spike in prices for these 2? is the prime more expensive because of the special box? but i cannot figure why Jetfire is that much

well they are both sealed, and both don't have any flap creases. The flap creases are very common among G1 boxes. The Pepsi prime was a promotional piece or something like that and was available to only employees if my memory serves me correct. The trailer has the pepsi sticker on it too. So I can see why these would be worth so much. :blink:

I almost made a friends girlfriend cry when they were helping us move and I came home to see her trying to wedge my uncreased flap matsu jetfire into tupperware that was to small!!! If I had gotten home ten minutes later I would have had to kill the poor girl.

i cannot believe it went up that high, i wonder if this was just one of those auctions, or if we are going to see a massive spike in prices for the jetfires that are in complete in Box.

well i guess i can forget about getting any henshin robos for now.

if my calculations are correct, toynami should produce the cyclones before the betas because there's going to be a bigger market for the cyclones (it was central to Robotech: Invasion). plus, it would also be a change for them (from planes to bikes): and change always attracts an audience.

they probably think it is the big version :lol::lol: i just sold one of my big ones for half that, which is really sad when you think about it, i should have emailed this guy who is buying this item, i could have made a fortune.

chris

An idiot and his money will soon part ways.

In this case 2 idiots. One bid a max of 300 and someone actuallt passed him. Dumbass. I want to be there when he sees what he's won once he opens it up.

thats a lot of valks!!!!

As for the price of the jetfire... I've seen many a MISB one with uncreased box flap sell for over 1k. Average about 1300-1500. MIB drops it to around $400-500

folded box flap - another $100

Sticker sheet applied - another $100

that brings you to the normal $250 for a minty one with applied stickers complete in a fairly nice box.

yellowing, missing bits, tech spechs, robot points, etc can drop it way more. I bought more than one complete and minty jetfire for less than 100, but I had to get an uncreased box elsewhere for about the same. Depends on how anal you are.

Just think though... you would be the first person to touch it since the factory!

Ant that touch dropped the value 50% :blink:

lol i saw this, i was hoping it had the toy with it when i clicked on the auction. just the box though <_<

I was looking at some of that guy's other auctions and all of his prices seem to be reasonable. Also if something like a complete unused sticker sheet or full tree of missles can change the price of a toy dramatically, then I believe in some cases the packaging/accessories are worth that price or more if a collector wants everything to be perfect.

dang, check this out. Can't believe he says the box is worth more than the toy!! Now that's absurd!!!  :p  :D  :lol:

Strike Box Auction

Don't deny it. You're gonna bid on it right :p:D:lol: ?

haha, and have a third box? nah, I'll pass on that. :p:D:lol:

1) Whoa, I didn't know they let you sell that kind of toy on Ebay...

2) Isn't that Clinton's cigar holder?

3) but are the batteries and lubricant sold separately?

Seriously though, how do you determine the starting auction price should be $30? Anyone know what exactly this is?

I almost made a friends girlfriend cry when they were helping us move and I came home to see her trying to wedge my uncreased flap matsu jetfire into tupperware that was to small!!! If I had gotten home ten minutes later I would have had to kill the poor girl.

LOL

:ph34r:

That aircraft carrier is neat. I think its worth the price. I have seen some model cars going for $15,000 and up, and it only took the people 2 months to build. From scratch of course. I even seen some model train layouts going for $50,000+ with a six month build time. The only thing I think would have made the ship better would have been some subtle animatronics. Like the propellers moving slowly, the radar dish spinning, have some of the elevators working. What would have been sweet if he had a helicopter with the rotors spinning. It would have brought the ship to life a little more. If your going to make something that big, might as well add some tasteful gizmos.

Actually when I First saw this I was thinking that was the 1/72 aircraft Carrier from the Smithsonian Air and Space musieum in Washington DC. But Its not. Its another one just like it.

The smithsoinain Web page is here. I saw this Kit 17 years ago when I was in 7th grade

http://homepage.mac.com/rincewind/DC/PhotoAlbum19.html

Ranger565

How about this?

enterprise1.jpg

I 1/72nd scale USS Enterprise (no not that one), the original aircraft carrier.

For a cool $250K, it can be yours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:EF:US:1

this does not belong in the auctions of absurdity, that thing is incedible, we should start a new thread for awesome things we find hat are on ebay, it is a shame about the price being so much, but that is one of the nicest aircraft carrier model kits i have seen .

chris

we should start a new thread for awesome things we find hat are on ebay

chris

what are you waiting for Chris?

good point :lol::lol: i hope the mods let it stay.

chris

How about this?

enterprise1.jpg

I 1/72nd scale USS Enterprise (no not that one), the original aircraft carrier.

For a cool $250K, it can be yours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:EF:US:1

This should be an inspiration to all of us... it IS possible to scratchbuild a 1/72 SDF-1 in your basement, just don't forget to post the completed pictures in this thread in 20 years. :lol:

Edited by Viceland