auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

...i've been doing xbox searches for my kid, i think it's absurd what people are

asking for this on ebay,

here's an expample

xbox auction

after shipping, it's past $250, I can go to my local store and get this for around $200 + tax and have it same day.

And that's one of the cheaper auctions I've seen, other's are over $300. I mean, two of the games come with the system. Halo 2 is $50, Xbox with 2 free games is $150, add tax, and you're set.

Also, I've seen the new slim PS2 going for over $200 with the auctions stating that it is out of stock everywhere. Is it? I was just at walmart and gamestop yesterday, and they both had plenty in stock for $149. Am I missing something?

I would recommend going to buy the system yourself physically.

1 Xbox w/2 games - $150.00

Halo 2 - $50.00 Limited Edition - $60.00

Logitech Wireless Controller - $50.00

To fuel up on Gas after all that driving - $25.00 :p

I am going to go to Walmart and just get the regular Xbox.

Just bought A Skin off ebay to put on it.

post-12-1103506574.jpg

How about this... a Playstation 2?

(yeah, I know crappy image... it's just a quick photoshop edit).

post-12-1103559398.jpg

but the halo edition translucent green is just sooo much cooler. Big O' [for those who have heard me mention the slack ass hippie/techno geeks moniker before] has the halo edition x-box an I think it's pretty. If your goug to have to get two x-boxs [one to mod and one for x-box live,] they should be different in appearence for quick recognition.

And yes... you want two. Halo online, much less halo 2 online, is so worth the x-box live subscription, not to mention mecwarrior and all the other fun games where you can talk much smack

Cause once you mod it you either have to have indipendent systems or swap HD's to enjoy Dead or ALive Extreme beach vollyball with the nude patch [kinda overhyped but still the best animated screen saver/eye candy I have ever seen] as well as all the old skool emu's running off your box plus any

MAME you might have lying around. Modded x-box also makes a real cheap server FYI ;)

damnit..... I got off topic as the digression was one of interest BUT... WTF does x-box pricing and availibility have to do with great absurdity??? When I started this it was for bad translations, extreme pricing, plain stupidity, and the occasional nut trying to sell a date with his dead grandma!!!

you know I was 8 " away from touching elvis?!?!?

Damn shovel broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how sad... 5 minutes to visit MW every othr month and I tell bad jokes. I still have valks to unpack, why am I wasting time here. I swear I should just go ahead and hit the pweor butto...

Edited by kanata67

Hey, good to see you around still! How's home ownership treating ya???

Back on topic:

What I thought was absurd was the price gouging going on with Xboxes (and new PS2s as well).

Auctions had brand new Xbox system with Halo 2 and 2 other games for well over $300 when the two other games comes free with any $150 system. plunk down another $50 for Halo 2 and you're set. that's $200, but these people on ebay are getting over $300, I don't think people are reading the descriptions, or else they can't get it locally (Best Buy and Walmart ship, people). Also, I've seen alot of shill bidding going on too. Especially on the Halo edition Xboxes.

Actually, I am getting a Halo edition Xbox and a regular Xbox to mod. :)

Edited by Chowser

Uggg is right.  This is the first time I've ever seen this picture.

Link removed

Please please tell me that's photo shopped.  I can see the guys tongue and I think I even see teeth.  Someone PLEASE tell me this is photo shopped so I can sleep tonight.

Arg...

Carl

even if It seems to be the FX test for "the fist of the north star" live action movie, unfortunately it isn't, you can survive with an injury like that and they have to rebuilt your facial bones with some biocompatible polymer and harvest your skin and some how rebuilt at least part of the facial muscles, and even after that You will need a Cobra commander like mask when you go out.

People with cancer to the facial bone live trough similar things.

But i'm wondering why someone have to post a pic like that one?

Edited by Bluedeath

the problem isnt that people are asking the prices they are its the fact they know that some fanboy will pay out the nose for it without doing a little searching. look up star wars model kits. some jokers are asking 145 dollars for a plastic kit of the falcon. does it fly and can i fit in it?

Hey, good to see you around still! How's home ownership treating ya???

Back on topic:

What I thought was absurd was the price gouging going on with Xboxes (and new PS2s as well).

Auctions had brand new Xbox system with Halo 2 and 2 other games for well over $300 when the two other games comes free with any $150 system. plunk down another $50 for Halo 2 and you're set. that's $200, but these people on ebay are getting over $300, I don't think people are reading the descriptions, or else they can't get it locally (Best Buy and Walmart ship, people). Also, I've seen alot of shill bidding going on too. Especially on the Halo edition Xboxes.

Actually, I am getting a Halo edition Xbox and a regular Xbox to mod. :)

Chowser - you going to be online? My xbox gamertag is fearyaks. We should Halo it sometime.

This guy's got all the Low-Viz and if you want one, you must PAY!

Auctions

I've got a hard time believing he's really got 41 of them. I've got an even harder time believing anyone will pay $700 for one.

he's probably going to change them all soon, ebay had the 10 cent listing fee yesterday, so he just listed a bunch of stuff he knows no one is going to bid on so he can hold the spots and revise them when he gets around to selling his other stuff.

i just wish ebay would have a 10 cent listing, bin, reserve, everything fee someday.

also, i figured out why Xboxes and PS2s were going for so high on ebay, none of the stinking stores have them in. someone told me a boatload of new slim-PS2s got stopped or delayed or something.

also, here, new xbox, $150, Halo 2, $50, used games, whatever. skin $20, so this guy paid close to $400 because the guy said the skin was limited whatever, costs $70, etc. outrageous

and it's not even a pic of the seller's item, it's a pic from the skin seller (the skin seller sent me the same pic)

here's my son's, $150 + $20 or so.

post-12-1104337266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chowser

How is this for absurd?.... :huh::blink::o

Low Vis eBay auction

Who is this guy trying to kid? :rolleyes:

I guess some people just do not read the auction detail or they are just too excited with what appears to be an odd auctions and post it on MW to get attention.

Whatever the reason, it might be helpful to carefully review the whole auction prior to posting on the public forum.

i am not sure if this is bacause of the 10 cent listing and that he is going to go back and change the description and price or if this guy really thinks he is going to get this much for these Gundam Seed HK DVDS. he even states in his auction that all dvds are not bootlegs but the picture clearly shows they are

ebay gundam seed dvds

Edited by zeo-mare

also, i figured out why Xboxes and PS2s were going for so high on ebay, none of the stinking stores have them in. someone told me a boatload of new slim-PS2s got stopped or delayed or something.

Yeah, I've been trying to buy an XBox since the weekend before Christmas and didn't manage to find one in my area and until last night. Seems odd that they'd be so hard to find, maybe suppliers/retailers were caught off guard with the holiday demand?

How is this for absurd?.... :huh:  :blink:  :o

Low Vis eBay auction

Who is this guy trying to kid? :rolleyes:

I guess some people just do not read the auction detail or they are just too excited with what appears to be an odd auctions and post it on MW to get attention.

Whatever the reason, it might be helpful to carefully review the whole auction prior to posting on the public forum.

The item has now been posted. Still overpriced. I'm interested to see how many the guy sells though.

he's probably going to change them all soon, ebay had the 10 cent listing fee yesterday, so he just listed a bunch of stuff he knows no one is going to bid on so he can hold the spots and revise them when he gets around to selling his other stuff.

i just wish ebay would have a 10 cent listing, bin, reserve, everything fee someday.

also, here, new xbox, $150, Halo 2, $50, used games, whatever. skin $20, so this guy paid close to $400 because the guy said the skin was limited whatever, costs $70, etc. outrageous

and it's not even a pic of the seller's item, it's a pic from the skin seller (the skin seller sent me the same pic)

here's my son's, $150 + $20 or so.

It's a nice looking skin, I give you that. If I had an XBox, I'd strongly consider getting something like that.

the legendary gundam :lol::lol::lol: looks like dragon gundam side skirt armor was glued to his shoulder pads. I love the V fin antennas.

Legendary gundam

the legendary gundam  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  looks like dragon gundam side skirt armor was glued to his shoulder pads. I love the V fin antennas.

Is it really a PG strike?

It's a crime to make a PG strike this monster!!

no, it is not the Pg it looks like the older 1/60 they released about a year ago. god what the hell did they do to it :lol::lol:

that's just one way of getting around Ebay's excessive fees. you get billed a percentage of your final value fee. There is no percentage on the shipping fees.

That's why it's listed for such a low price, you end up paying for the whole thing anyways. But ebay sees it as a few bucks and only hits you (the seller) for a few cents.

I've done this in the past when someone here wanted an online record of the transaction through EBAY. I just listed the item with BUY IT NOW for $1 and the total cost of the item is put into the shipping costs. I've also done it where I put in the auction, only BIDS from certain user name accepted just in case someone sees it before the intended buyer and tries buying it, i can say they didn't follow the rules listed so i don't have to honor it, blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Chowser

the legendary gundam  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  looks like dragon gundam side skirt armor was glued to his shoulder pads. I love the V fin antennas.

Legendary gundam

Is it really a PG strike?

It's a crime to make a PG strike this monster!!

omg, that one fugly mofo,, he better not get a bid on that one,

that's just one way of getting around Ebay's excessive fees. you get billed a percentage of your final value fee. There is no percentage on the shipping fees.

That's why it's listed for such a low price, you end up paying for the whole thing anyways. But ebay sees it as a few bucks and only hits you (the seller) for a few cents.

I've done this in the past when someone here wanted an online record of the transaction through EBAY. I just listed the item with BUY IT NOW for $1 and the total cost of the item is put into the shipping costs. I've also done it where I put in the auction, only BIDS from certain user name accepted just in case someone sees it before the intended buyer and tries buying it, i can say they didn't follow the rules listed so i don't have to honor it, blah, blah, blah.

Just found another one of those HERE I wrote the guys and he wanted 182$ to ship the item to Canada. I told him at this price that he better teleport it or something.