auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

Yes i mad i ask my friend to take care of my stuff for me on ebay i work all day have no time to this i will post pic tomorrow off the items whit tomorrows l. a time nes to the item whit pic of the box and the toy all you guys do is talk smak of pep.

I noticed you sent me a pm and you want to resolve the problem??? Man, you need to learn how to resolve the problem properly....you can't act like there is nothing happen. I took it very personal. :angry:

I don't understand why are you upset and you decided that deal is off??? Well, you know, I didn't do anything wrong or against you. What's up with that? :angry:

Just remember, I took a risk to bid your items and willing to pay you with my hard-earned money. After what you did like you left me with no explanation or no reason why you don't want to sell to me, then I deserve an explanation. :angry:

Edited by JoLe727

If he's legit, I think he might have just gotten really upset at all the talk here, and decided that we're all jerks for doubting him. But I don't think he can stop the transaction according to eBay rules.

There's no reason for him to be upset, it's a questionable auction as people have a right to be suspicious, especially considering how often peopel get ripped off. Instead of getting mad the seller should have 1) listed the items better in the first place, or 2) just posted pictures to prove that the items are complete.

If he's legit, I think he might have just gotten really upset at all the talk here, and decided that we're all jerks for doubting him.  But I don't think he can stop the transaction according to eBay rules.

There's no reason for him to be upset, it's a questionable auction as people have a right to be suspicious, especially considering how often peopel get ripped off. Instead of getting mad the seller should have 1) listed the items better in the first place, or 2) just posted pictures to prove that the items are complete.

Instead, he just 1) acted like a child and 2) showed us all English is not his strong suit.

Hey JoLe727, I see you edited your last post. Are you still going to file a complaint? It would serve him right for that stupid crap he pulled.

He understands english well enough to tell me that he would have sol me the 1/48's for $600 shipped. He chooses to be short with answers. Even if someone is lacking a mastery of the English language they can attempt something more significant that a one or two work answer. Hell, the person had to know english well enough to get on ebay.

If you check his profile out and do a quick SEARCH of his posts in all the forums, you will notice that he is quick in his opinions/decisions. I am sure you should be able to resolve your issues with him. It may be very prudent to do it by email. I'd advise against this line of discussion here since no one will really notice it here. If no money has been lost, no harm, no foul. Just remember to put him on the blacklist in the sale section if you do come out of this transaction with a bad taste.

He is in the blacklist thread, although as a nominator to put haterist on it due to lack of communication. <SEE POST>

Seems to fly off the handle a bit often, but you might be able to still resolve this, or I hope you can. Good Luck!

Edited by Kamineko

Right now, I am trying to resolve the problem with zerocool personally via email. Hope everything goes well....if not, then....oh well!!

So, let's move on, and let's me take care of this matter.

Thank you for being there and your support on this matter.

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by JoLe727

I am not trying to place blame or side with anyone. However, if I may state some opinion.....

It was very rude for those members to "jump the gun" and post negative opinions on a ongoing auction without any merits. If the seller knew what he/she was doing on Ebay. I think the title would have been described better to attact maximum number of potential buyers. Just because, the seller does not respond with detail info or have lousy photo posted on auction, DOES NOT MEAN, IT IS FRADULENT AUCTION nor HAING a NICE PHOTO WITH FULL DESCRIPTION CONSTIUTE LEGITIMATE AUCTION. Time and time again, I seen members (There are increasing number of members trying to be online police or something) posting some auctions as being Fradulent or misleading...... This auction could have been posted as being: I emailed the seller and I did not get detail description of the items' condition. For those waiting to bid, take my experice as note, or soemthing to that effect.

You have to remeber that on Ebay, sellers are spending their own money to post and hopefully sale the item. This is not MW sales forum, where a seller post his item for sale and if it does not sale, nothing gain or nothing is lost.

I believe that certain members should be more careful with what they post on a public forum.

BTW, I actually had incident with the auction seller and that person has aother account with different name. So, I am not trying to side with anyone. However, what was done on the post in question was just wrong.

Sometimes, it is better to let the transaction go through and let the parties involve sort out the difference. If the auction looks suspicious, don't bid. There will always be next time. If someone is willing to take the risk and bid, believing that the price is too good to be true or has to have the item. That is the decision made by the buyer.

Lastly, I know that many members have been victims of fraud on this board recently and some are just looking out for others. However, this is not way to go about it.

I just hope that the transaction is resolved smoothly without seller and buyer getting sour feelings.

i saw this on saturday and i didn't get a chance to reply so....

i understand peoples POV on this matter but....

1, nobody knew beforehand that gigglez was a MW'er

2, i asked for details, he chose not to answer. <_<

3, being a MW'er, he knows this thread exists solely for the purpose of ripping apart a questionable sale and/or auction that one of us finds.

4, knowing that and being a MW'er, why would he write up such a bad description? and expect us to say nothing about it ?

lastly, i have had the not so great pleasure of dealing with this person before and i have him on my personal blacklist. hes simply a pain in the ass to deal with.

sorry if i'm being mean but facts are facts and logically speaking, if someone wants the most money for his/her auction, that person has to put forth some effort when it comes to the description...its called salesmenship.

Hey was up i found out y you cancel the bid Retracted bid, thank god for MW! sorry i'm no so perfec like you , Alpha Hx, Haterist, Horizons.

What did I do? I just saw an auction that looked like it was just for boxes. Being a newbie and being somewhat interested, I decided to bring my thoughts here, MW, where I knew I'd find some well thoughout opinions about such auctions. The ones I did not think were valuable, well, I skipped over. The first response was from fearyaks, whom I know is a trusted MW member. If anything, all I saw here was people's opinions on the subject, and if certain people let other's opinions rule their life's, well then it would be much easier for me to get a low-vis at dirt-road price. All I would have to do is bad-mouth all the sellers, so that everybody else drops their bids, and I would come out, triumphantly, with a dirt-cheap toy. Now, would that truly happen? NO. People aren't stupid, not everybody, anyways. Bidders might listen to opinions, but in the end it is them who make the choices, put down their hard earned money, not the opinionated ones. So, who's at fault here? Nobody, I think. I saw something that I thought was weird, and I asked. If I can't ask here, then where? If someone's feelings got hurt, then I'm sorry, but if that was the thought process of every seller, then it would be a real pain to do business. Not everyone is going to like everything, that's impossible. And those who want to bitch, well, let them. He who has never complained, cast the first stone. Now it's between the seller and buyer. MY two cents? He won the bid, he deserves the toys. If they care to listen, good, if not I can't force them, can I?

Sorry about the little rant.

Not only is this item outlandishly priced, but when I calculated s/h to Michigan, it says it's $54 for 1-6 day UPS and $122 for 3 day UPS delivery. I guess it's shipped in a concrete block or something.

Not only is this item outlandishly priced, but when I calculated s/h to Michigan, it says it's $54 for 1-6 day UPS and $122 for 3 day UPS delivery. I guess it's shipped in a concrete block or something.

ouch, he must have a typo in the weight or something because all his other auctions seems to be calculating shipping normally.

still, $250 for that is a bit much. even for a 1st release YF-19 in minty mint

ebay link

Are Bandai Reissues worth this much?

If so, time to put the Yammies on the market! :lol::lol:

ha ha, i saw that auction too. :p

yeah it seems a bit steep but those M&M's are kind of pricey to begin with. i saw a recent auction for them and the opening bid was $150 and someone actually bid! :o

That doesn't really seem to far out of line. I'd pass on it, but someone who really wants one might not worry about that price.

heres one for the MPC lovers.

LOT auction

i want the DVD's and ride armor, that other stuff gets the boot. i'm not sure how great of a deal it is but it seems this person had pre-ordered all the MPC's so homie got all the cells for each of them. anyone got $800 lying around? :p