Some background questions about Macross Zero

JLYC

I've watched the first 3 episodes, but I'm unsure what the motives of the anti-UN forces are- what exactly are they fighting for?

On another sort of related topic, I only know the general storyline of the original macross series. It seems to earth was destroyed by the Zenetroids (sp?). Were all mankind wiped out except those in space? If so how did they repopulate it?

I'm gonna try to watch the Macross series in the summer after school's done :D

After the arriaval of the Alien Spaceship, the United Nations, with the help of some powerful nations, tried to bring the entire world under a single government. Not everyone thinks this is a good idea, even less so since not everyone knew about the aliens, and even fewer took the threat of invasion seriously.

Heck, realisticly, it probably isn't such a good idea to put the world under a single government.

As for your second question, if you don't mind spoilers head on over to the Macross Compendium and check out the Macross chronology.

http://www.anime.net/macross/