More colour Monster pics

Subotnik

I want one! There are panel lines if you looked hard but probably not enough. And I see a yammie sticker applied. The number "18" at the back of its cannons. Horrid as ever. :lol:

And if they could paint the panel lines on the Zero, why not the other toys?

i can not wait until this comes out, does anyone have any sort of idea of a release ? maybe late this year, it looks like it is coming along nicely. I am hoping for a grey low viz style one to be released.

hi no unfortunally i saw the sign in fromt it does not say any price or date , it just says the fact that it was from the VF-X game (i think that was the name of the game)

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL VALKS !!! :ph34r:

Gosh this toy turned even better than I expected , the barrels look perfect to me , and the lack of panel lines seem to be due to the photo quality (you can notice some in on or two of them).

Hopefully someone will make better decals for this baby later on case I´ll decal this baby down to the last corner of it.

Damn, I´m so gonna get this toy :lol:

Other than looking a little plasticky, and almost bearing a vague resemblance to some matchbox toys in finish... it looks pretty fantastic. The legs actually bend backwards more than they did in one of the prototype pics, and resemble the line art more closely. A great, great thing. I'd agree that the Monster would be lots better served with decals, panel lines, or a spray of a matte colored paint-- to give the finish less of a plasticky toy look and more of a painted armor look. It won't look so plain and chunky with the right dull finish, even as is. But that'll never happen. =P

-Al

My nitpicks:

1) Cannons looks TOO short - make replacable ones of scaled lenght please

2) Lack of details ... no panel lines, scribing or markings

3) No decals but its still early for final versions

4) Sure its big but damn, I need that 1/60 or bigger version so I can have relevant scaling to show off how awesome it is! Still on the small side. I'm a scale guy.

Goods:

1) Looking good sculpt wise

2) no diecast metal but it should be just as good as Millia's Q-Rau quality wise.

3) I HOPE its way down in price. It needs to be cheaper and not another Millia retail price fiasco.

It won't be released until the fall from what I've heard so they still have at least 2-3 months to tweak it but that model looks like a pre-production version, which mean molds may have been produced, and it might get the go ahead for manufacturing soon after they clean up the molds. I hope I am wrong cuz the lack of details is gonna hurt it in my eyes.

If they release it as is, it better be the cheap 1/100 version, and Yamato should go back and work that PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 or 1/48 SUPER DETAIL VERSION as a followup. Same for the VF-0S.

Edited by Neova

From the Tokyo Toy Show, care of TBDX.

nub quesiton but whats that one blue jet? Can it transform? I duno what it is about the blue & red ones I just seem to like em more than the other ones :p What are the jets called again? Valks? :unsure:

From the Tokyo Toy Show, care of TBDX.

nub quesiton but whats that one blue jet? Can it transform? I duno what it is about the blue & red ones I just seem to like em more than the other ones :p What are the jets called again? Valks? :unsure:

Yes. The jets are refered to as valkyries. The blue one is piloted by Max Jenius and it does transform from Battroid to gerwalk to fighter.

If youv'e never seen any Macross anime you should go watch it. You won't regret it.

:lol:

Wow~ I am going to buy me a Monster once is out. And looking at the VF-0 sitting next to the Monster, I noticed that the VF is not all that small regardless 1/100 scale. What do you think ppl? I have a funny feeling that it is about the same size as Macross Plus 1/72 toys.

Seeing as that Monster doesn't look that much bigger than that 1:100 Zero valkyrie. I'm betting the scale must be somewhere between 100 to 250, I just hope it doesn't cost too much.

The cannons are proportioned justy as they should be. Any longer and they wouldn't fit into the fuselage properly.

The cannons are proportioned justy as they should be. Any longer and they wouldn't fit into the fuselage properly.

I agree, When I first saw the monster I thought they were way to short. But, After looking some line art I don't think they are. I'm so used to seeing the long cannons of the original monster, so the Koenig's cannons looked a little funny.

I think a pose in Battroid mode would be the test to see wether or not they are to short.

:lol:

Wow~ I am going to buy me a Monster once is out. And looking at the VF-0 sitting next to the Monster, I noticed that the VF is not all that small regardless 1/100 scale. What do you think ppl? I have a funny feeling that it is about the same size as Macross Plus 1/72 toys.

It was stated a long time ago that the battroid mode would be about the same size as the M+ VF-11.

what about the 'original' monster, is there a chance of one of those?

well i think the problem with that is theres no money to be made...please let me explain before you bust out your flame-throwers. :p

now, its safe to say if yamato made a plain ol monster, we'd all buy it right? but how much could yamato charge? or retailers/etailers?

meaning, they can't justify a high price tag since it lacks any real features. it doesn't TF into any modes, it just sits there like a robot with big cannons. how much would you pay for a toy that did nothing? personally, at 1/100 scale, i wouldn't pay more than $50 tops.

so what the next move for yamato?

"hey why don't we make the koeing monster? it TFs into 3 modes just like the VF's". and since it TFs unlike the Q-rau that we ripped everyone off with, we should be able to justify the price which should be around the same price as a non FP 1/48."

now, i don't know if that was anyone exact words but i have a feeling it went something like that. :)

well i think the problem with that is theres no money to be made...please let me explain before you bust out your flame-throwers. :p

now, its safe to say if yamato made a plain ol monster, we'd all buy it right? but how much could yamato charge? or retailers/etailers?

meaning, they can't justify a high price tag since it lacks any real features. it doesn't TF into any modes, it just sits there like a robot with big cannons. how much would you pay for a toy that did nothing? personally, at 1/100 scale, i wouldn't pay more than $50 tops.

"hey why don't we make the koeing monster? it TFs into 3 modes just like the VF's". and since it TFs unlike the Q-rau that we ripped everyone off with, we should be able to justify the price which should be around the same price as a non FP 1/48."

now, i don't know if that was anyone exact words but i have a feeling it went something like that. :)

Not gonna use my flamethrower here. Totally agree with you there:D

*hugz yamato*

the only thing that would be nice is if it had landing gear --> i cant imagine how it goes from bomber mode to gerwalk to try land. And theres pix of it on like a aircraft carrier, so dont tell me its space only :p

And the cannons are the right length. Replace parts noooo.

Panel lines would be nice. And im pretty sure thats not the final colour so les relax for now :p

I doubt this will be below $160. But itll be worth it. Its like that hover tank effort but only 200 times betta

*i think im in love*

Isn't that Q-Rau thing doing good thouhg? Seems like that fits the same market. In this case I'd be much more willing to buy the original Monster than the transformable one. I wonder if I'm in the minority.

Isn't that Q-Rau thing doing good thouhg? Seems like that fits the same market. In this case I'd be much more willing to buy the original Monster than the transformable one. I wonder if I'm in the minority.

The Q-Rau is lucky to be selling that good. The original monster would be in the same league as the Millia Q-Rau pricewise, IMO, since both don't transform. Imode was right to question why the VB-6 looked lame if you look from the front. Doesn't look as menacing as in the lineart. I guess sometimes "life doesn't imitate art".

yeah, the q-rau is doing good but not at a $120. most shops in HK and the surrounding area aren't selling them for more than $80. only the folks in the US get the "special" price of $120. ;)

and you are not in the minority but i certainly wouldn't pay $100+ for a plain ol monster. how much do you think people are willing to spend on a robot that does absolutely nothing but just sits there? sure it might have some articulation but not enough that it would warrant such a high price tag.

the way i see it is, the q-rau was the first and only toy of its kind, so i can see how yamato/sellers could somewhat justify the price since it is the only q-rau toy ever made. the $120 price is way ridiculous but hey, nobodies forcing anyone to buy it at that price.

the monster(regular) has been produced as a toy 2 times, once by takatoku, and once by matchbox. in order words, its really not that rare nor is it the first of its kind.

the koeing on the other hand is the first toy of its kind, so it could warrant a high price tag, but it shouldn't surpass the price of a non FP 1/48 IMHO. just from the comments/complaints alone in both koeing threads, theres no way yamato/retailer/etailer could justify a ridiculously high price tag. if they do, they'll be sitting on them for a long, long time.

Isn't that Q-Rau thing doing good thouhg?  Seems like that fits the same market.  In this case I'd be much more willing to buy the original Monster than the transformable one.  I wonder if I'm in the minority.

yeah, the q-rau is doing good but not at a $120. most shops in HK and the surrounding area aren't selling them for more than $80. only the folks in the US get the "special" price of $120. ;)

and you are not in the minority but i certainly wouldn't pay $100+ for a plain ol monster. how much do you think people are willing to spend on a robot that does absolutely nothing but just sits there? sure it might have some articulation but not enough that it would warrant such a high price tag.

the way i see it is, the q-rau was the first and only toy of its kind, so i can see how yamato/sellers could somewhat justify the price since it is the only q-rau toy ever made. the $120 price is way ridiculous but hey, nobodies forcing anyone to buy it at that price.

the monster(regular) has been produced as a toy 2 times, once by takatoku, and once by matchbox. in order words, its really not that rare nor is it the first of its kind.

the koeing on the other hand is the first toy of its kind, so it could warrant a high price tag, but it shouldn't surpass the price of a non FP 1/48 IMHO. just from the comments/complaints alone in both koeing threads, theres no way yamato/retailer/etailer could justify a ridiculously high price tag. if they do, they'll be sitting on them for a long, long time.

despite any flaws or high price tags that may come with the monster, I don't think yamato will be 'sitting on them for a long time'. remember N.A. is not yamato's only market (where price will be higher). In addition many collectors will buy them regardless of price (since they're the first kind to be made), or even just for the sake of having a complete collection. Many ppl will complain but I think they'll still open their wallet at the end. just mho.